Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
{ THE DARK COVE } UPDATED SEE PAGE 1 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 89 90 91 92 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:38 am
Jerry blushed, smiling and laughing weakly as Roar dissolved back into green light and a necklace, wobbling back upright. "We are soldiers, ma'am. But he didn't start so big. When I was a trainee he was... a lot smaller. Um. C'mon I'll show you the cove." He meekly slunk by her side, tucking his bangs back in place out of his face as he motioned to the door.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:20 pm
"Smaller, huh? Sounds... convenient. Such a sweetheart, helpin' out poor folk like me. Let's go, shall we?"

Glenda took his arm and marched him out the door, fully confident that this was probably going to beat any of her previous retirement plans.  

Ravvlet

Hygienic Waffles

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:36 pm
Dakota was given a withering stare, before she pulled her hand away from his grasp and patted his shoulder. "The only shine either of you boys have for me is the one you oiled yourself - and my hands - up with." But Tuck's comment, sounding like he regretted his choice, instantly made her slit her eyes with mischief.

"Ohhh, no. You came down here to get me like this. We're going full speed ahead from this moment on. Whatever the Cave of Wonders is, you're walking me there in-" She snapped his speedo. "And I hope your girlfriends see you doing it."

She held out both of her arms, one for each man. "Gentlemen, start your engines. Maebe's ready to roll."

Nyxtsuki Moon
pinchmonster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:58 pm
Pod duty.

It was both a blessing and a curse. Waking up new hunters was rather interesting, and something that Gale had been trained to do - but a) sitting there when there were no hunters awakening was deathly boring get it and, b) sometimes the silence really was hard to bear.

Gale sat in a chair somewhere near the front of the large room, one leg crossed over the other and a clipboard perched in his lap, absently marking off the answers to a crossword puzzle he had managed to snag from one of the Life labs.

<< Well this is certainly thrilling. >>

Oh, isn't it just, thought Gale sardonically, and carefully wrote out the word curious for 32 Across.

Face Your Demons

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:30 pm
Harland Leander Belle was slow to wake-- that wasn't new. When he woke, he felt as though he had hounds at his heels, and he instinctively pushed into the pod as if he was shoving a particularly heavy door open to escape a pursuer. That was hardly the case, but it didn't stop him from throwing his entire body at it. Harland sucked in a breath to avoid cursing, his brows furrowed.

He didn't remember much, but what he remembered hurt like a-- "Now I may as well watch my tongue, pain's no excuse," Harland mumbled aloud, through still-numb lips cold from disuse. Details were rapidly and overwhelmingly slipping into his memory unbidden, giving him a headache bigger than he figured his entire country'd feel if you crammed it between his ears.

Making a second, gentler attempt at freeing himself from the pod, Harland noticed there were more pods-- pods everywhere. And, of most notable interest, someone sitting down doing a crossword. He looked a lot less disheveled than Harland felt. "Pardon my intrusion, but y'all wouldn't happen to have something for the pain, would ya?"

Where were his manners? Make a request, without introducing himself first? "I never have been so scattered in my life," Harland lamented briefly, with a flash of white, even teeth, "Name's Belle-- Harland Leander Belle. So am I alive, then, or have I come to pay a price?" Harland's accent was a mongrel amalgamation of different origins; it wasn't exactly immediately apparent what it was made of, but it was possible to pinpoint certain aspects of it if one concentrated.

Harland was remembering, more and more. There had been someone to recruit him, to offer him a better life. Of course he'd taken them up on it. What was the point of going slowly mad, thinking you were the only one, and finding every door shut in the path of your thirst for answers?

kurotomato

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:37 pm
A click, a hiss, a rush of steam, and a billowing whoosh were the only sounds to alert Gale that one of the pods in the room was, in fact, opening. He stayed where he was, however, and watched it with a mild curiosity, waiting until its occupant had unfolded himself and stepped down, a head of pale hair and a warbling, lyrically confusing sort of accented voice rang out through the room.

<< Well here's a new one. >>

"No pain meds," said Gale. "Except Asprin back at my house, which is a little too far away and a little too inconvenient right now."

He pulled the crossword puzzle off of his clipboard to reveal beneath it a roster list of all podded hunters. Gale's eyes flickered to the number on the side of this guy - Harland Belle's - pod and after a moment, he carefully marked AWAKE in a scrawling, loopy handwriting.

"You're alive, Mr. Belle," said Gale, and stood. "Unfortunately, you might not be so happy you are after all."

He stuck out a hand.

"Gale Gentry. Welcome to Deus Ex Machina."

face your demons

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:24 pm
Harland blinked at Gale's explanation that there were no pain meds; he had been thinking more along the lines of something warm, maybe something to eat, hadn't he? He wasn't really sure, now. He just felt an intense need to be comforted, and he wasn't even sure why that was. "Another time, then," Harland joked, flexing each muscle carefully, testing his body to make sure it was in one piece.

Why did he feel like he should be torn apart right now? Nosy as ever, Harland tried to peer down at the list, to scan it and see what it was Gale was looking at. "Really nice set of documents you've got there; what're they about?" Harland asked, again in his weird shifting accent.

He paused, and smiled broadly, reaching a hand out to grip Gale's firmly in response. "Nice to meet you, Gale Gentry, and I suppose we'll see what happiness there is to be had once I remember how I got here," Harland suggested, effortlessly optimistic now that he was actually becoming more alert. A brightness returned to his gunmetal-green eyes: they were so pale a shade of green they seemed to be dull silver by some angles. He surveyed his surroundings as though mining them for every last detail, filing the information into his brain.

Making a mental map.

Details accumulating.

Gale Gentry, Aspirin at home, Deus ex Machina.

kurotomato

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:26 am
Dakota grinned at Tuck cheerfully. "Because I do what I want and people always seem to enjoy it? Plus you got good abs." He cheerfully looked back at Maebe and shrugged.

"Your wish is our command." He hoisted her up out of the pod, moving so Tuck could take one side of her. "One magic carpet right to the cave of wonders."

And then he added, "And may the best Woman win." As in he hoped you did well but really its Nyx just saying a Ru Paul quote.

"OFF TO THE BATCAVE!"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Pinchmonster
Nio Love

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:56 pm
Maebe thought Tuck was a sweetie, and Dakota was an idiot. But they would get her where she needed to go, regardless. So she forgave Dakota for manhandling her so much that her jumpsuit was as oily as he was, and let the boys lead her out into the new world.

Her greatest hope was that the new world had a shower. Maybe a laundromat.

pinchmonster
Nyxtsuki Moon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:04 pm
Nio Love
Nyxtsuki Moon

Tuck gave Maebe an almost-apologetic look as he moved to support the other half of her, all the while hoping that nobody that mattered saw him in a pink, too-tight speedo that threatened to creep up in the back a little too much to be comfortable.  

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:38 am
"You can find some medicine in the Infirmary if you really need it," said Gale, a little dryly, and flipped another sheet of paper onto his clipboard, making a few illegible marks in black pen. He held it up at Harland's question, dangling it for a moment.

"Pod info. Stuff about you," Gale said, and lowered it again. "I'm the hunter on duty right now, and it's my job to monitor the pods for newcomers that awaken. You're the first today, though I've heard there were several in the past few days."

He smiled a little, though it was slightly strained. "You'll remember soon enough," he said evenly, and made a few more notes on his clipboard. "I have you down here for...let's see...oh, you'll be in Death. That's my division, so I suppose I should warn you that the Death Division leader is a complete git."

This was said with an entirely straight face, Gale finally setting down the clipboard. "Not to worry you or anything," he added. "Just giving you a heads up so you're not surprised or anything. You'll first want to go find your weapon, though. That's in the Dark Cove, just on the edge of the facilities and underground."

face your demons

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:49 am
Life sputtered into blue eyes as the pod hissed with steam, water evaporating quickly when it hit the air. The pod door lurched forward, careening and wheezing with the effort it took to open. It would've been her lot in life to get the old creaky pod that didn't work quite right.

Light was the first thing she registered. Namely being the fact that it was way too goddamned bright. So instead of stumbling, fumbling around, she instead just laid in her pod attempting to adjust to both the light and the ridiculous numbness her body was experiencing. Was she dead? Game over?

Sputtering shapes came into view. They certainly looked like people, if people looked like fuzzy blobs of color, where the colors bled into the eye shattering light. She could just see the title menu now, asking her to continue or start a new game. An opening cutscene, then an annoying pop up box telling her that moving the analogue stick would move her around, as if every game didn't operate that way.

She decided to test such a fallacy by taking a tentative step forward. Unfortunately for Chel, the atrophy in her muscles left absolutely no support for a body such as hers, and she went tumbling straight into one of the figures. A wonderful way to start the game.

iloveyoudie
sorry im the slowest slow to ever slow

inle-roo
y'all can pick who she fell on /sparkles

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:41 am
As soon as the machinery had spun to life in the observation area, Bix had been sure to make a show of it for Evan. "THAR SHE BLOWS!" He had hollared before bursting out into the pod room and rushing around to find the proper hatchling.

As the hydraulics hissed the pod opened and Bix was happy to side step slightly and let the girl tumble out onto the other Sun, "Catch!" he said with a helpful smile. He was just as quick to help though, crouching to peer into her eyes.

"You with us?" He waved his hand. "How many fingers am I holding up?" He held up 4.

chiimari
wakey wakey eggs and bakey

inle-roo
have a girl in ur lap

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:41 pm
"Wait, what?" Evan hustled after Bix into the pod room, a little concerned. Despite having done his fair share of pod duty, Evan had never actually been present for an awakening. Although he remembered his own quite vividly--he still couldn't even talk to Ami without feeling a residual bit of embarrassment--he wasn't sure what kind of reaction to expect.

Fortunately, toppling over was pretty high on the expected list. Evan caught the girl easily, wrapping his arms around her just tightly enough so that she wouldn't fall over. He slowly lowered them to the floor, shifting a little to allow the girl to lean on him if she needed it.

"It's okay, I've got you, you're okay." Evan made sure to keep his tone low and soothing. Waking up in a strange place in what was essentially a coffin was weird enough, he didn't want to freak her out any more than necessary.

iloveyouDIE
its ok he likes gurls in his lap

chimarii
i mean what hi helo

Inle-roo

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:30 pm
Chel sort of awkwardly flailed in Evan's arms. She didn't want to be held by the weird fuzzy shape that was now sort of coming into view. She hadn't meant to stumble all over herself, it just sort of happened.

"Who're you?" she slurred, finally beginning to make sense of the shapes. Two pretty hot dudes in white uniforms, she was okay with this. Were they her party? Was that how this one went down? Oh he was waving fingers. "Uhhh four. I'm here, I'm here."

Come to think of it, where was "here"? She remembered a woman offering her a new life ... or something ... and then a rad head injury on an- island? Was it an island? "I'm not in like the enemy base am I?" Chel pushed back on Evan a bit, trying to wriggle out of his arms while simultaneously leaning on him to stand straight without toppling. Well this was awkward.

iloveyoudie

inle-roo

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 89 90 91 92 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games