Welcome to Gaia! ::

Flowers of Japan Foundation Charity Forum

Back to Guilds

Reply Flowers of Japan Foundation Charity Forum
An issue of importance:FoJ Brainstorming Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vaylle

Dedicated Dabbler

3,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:16 am
From Page One:

VKM
I think, if ANYTHING AT ALL DOES HAPPEN [which it will eventually], it will be the final version of the -old- FoJ as well as a thread remembering our dearly departed friend. We need to spruce this place up, right? And to do that, we need to start totally new and fresh. Meaning the whole first page has gotta be revamped. New links/banners/??? have to be made. New people have to join. We have to regularly do things.

Obviously, we know what to do.
It's just a matter of getting around to doing it, I find.

AndYesI'mStillAround

I agree whole-heartedly with this, girlie.
califone
King of Threads
I think we all just got older, that's why it's "dieing."
Quote:
I joined when I was thirteen, and I used to type like a retard.

I really love the fact that so many of us have grown up in many ways, together. Lived, learned, laughed, cryed. Made real friends. Have history.
Quote:
You just have to give out things that people want. The FoJ is loaded, isn't it? It's not like we need donations.

Responsibly, taking original criteria into consideration.
Quote:
Edit: Oldbies> New regulars cool

Amen.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:33 am
From Page Two:
Forever Zero
Quote:
I had the idea to use Accountant of Japan's profile and friendslist as the new donation list, so if you want to be on the list, you have to friend Accountant... and then we just feature his friendlist in his profile... (kind of confusing, but it would make everything a lot easier)

Good idea. We still need to keep simplicity in mind, but that can be achieved with clear, concise first page posts.
Quote:
Have all people awaiting kimonos to friend Recruiter of Japan so we can keep track of who's on the list, then just de-friend them once they get a kimono.

I agree with this as well.
Quote:
And then to have all members friend Flower of Japan, so we can send out mass PM announcements to members if we need to.

Can this still be done? I think they took away that feature...
Quote:
Have Kenchan give the guild to Flower of Japan so others can edit the guild info, and finally fix that guild picture!

Absolutely.
Quote:
Promote the guild, allow more FoJ members to join the guild... it's not that hard to kick people out if they misbehave, and chances are they won't, and add more life to the guild.

I think this is absolutely KEY. We have been trying for this a long time, then again, how many requests do we actually get, and are any refused?
Quote:
And then I wanted to get a front page banner commission done of the FoJ dummies to spruce up the thread.

Yes.

Forever Zero
I figured we should do the dummies only so nobody gets pissed off they were left out... so my idea was having all the dummies in the FoJ living room with the couch doing some fun/funny stuff:

Flower of Japan
Accountant of Japan
Recruiter of Japan
Mediator of Japan

and the other ones...

Panasonic Traffic Cam (kenchan's crazy mule)
Bunny Seeker (created to help Grondax get his bunny slippers, but is now the event dummy)
Guru of Japan (retired guild dummy... not sure if you wanna include him or not, we don't use him anymore)

Another excellent idea (just my opinions).
Quote:
AngelFeathers
I thought maybe we should consider changing our charity to an organization that helps out with quest items within the 10k range? But hopefully we could do store items or something, because prices on donation items is always hiking up or down(but most commonly up XD).

VKM
Nah, there's too many of those charities already. FoJ used to be the *cool* place to be, because it was 'new', and 'fantastic', and people couldn't afford kimono's back then.
Let's face it, now it's chump-change. We've got the same title still, FoJ...

AngelFeathers
There's no need whatsoever to change our title, we could give out free sex and still be called Flowers of Japan. Do you mean we should just stick to one item?

well... I mean, our mission since the beginning has been to help people afford kimonons and yukatas... it seems wrong to change to a generic charity just to do more business... idunno, maybe it's just the oldbie in me that's stubborn and doesn't want to change

I have to agree with the bolded above, keeping in mind that being stubborn is something we may all have to consider and adjust; working together for a viable solution.

Clearly there will have to be some changes made, but I would not like to see anything too drastic, personally... including the above.
King of Threads
Flowers of Japan could be famous for helping out to get any expensive store item.
Maybe change the items ever 2 months or something.
:]

I find this to be one of the main things we need to discuss.
Quote:
califone
oldbies don't even post anymore.

i say we just lay all the gold on one person. ******** small donations. go big or go home.

Lady_Of_Laputa
I'd have to agree here. 3nodding

Some still do, many do not, for whatever reasons... we will just have to adjust and carry on as best we can.  

Vaylle

Dedicated Dabbler

3,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Vaylle

Dedicated Dabbler

3,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:45 pm
From Page 3:

califone
start another charity from the ground up, just as the flowers of japan started.

No. NONONO!!! Nevuh!
Quote:
or, just go in gaia history for having the fattest donation given out and we all just chill in the guild.

Huh.
ChibiMoko
Oldbies do come online still. Originally, Kimonos and yukatas were not that easy to get. Gold wasn't that easy to get. Now, they are. However, the idea of changing the items we hand out completely just sounds extremely depressing. We could make a joint charity for those Dragon dresses, but a lot of people have those now, too. sweatdrop If we give out a bunch of random donations people will start coming to us, asking for donations for random crap. That is something we sure as hell DO NOT WANT.

Amen.
Forever Zero
AngelFeathers
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Mediator is so thin because he doesn't eat his wheaties or something... XD
hilarious xd

I like it, colours can be edited easily enough, yes?
AnimeMonkey
How about also giving out items such as the Yokai's Treasure that also has a distinctly old Japanese feel that are still somewhat rare, hard to get, and popular. 3nodding

Yes, and there are a few others such as the Katana... although I think that one is expensive nowadays. Perhaps helping with some of those, as opposed to outright giving, but details would have to be worked out to ensure our donations were actually used for the intended item. Of course, getting to know people first, which has always been a requirement, goes a long way.
Forever Zero
User Image

User Image

Wow... *Stares at them all for a long time... thought whirling.*
califone
but I try to avoid talking to many of the people in the FoJ, including oldbies.

The same could be said when it comes to others talking to me.

WHAT?! That is not funny... then again, I do not know you, mybe you are kidding. I HOPE SO!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:29 pm
From Page 4:

Forever Zero
King of Threads
I never was put in any of the FoJ pictures. ]:
there was only 1 foj pic

Maybe it was the Dolls...
AngelFeathers
Couch fixed. XD

^(FoJ group pic by Bonzi XD)

Nice. We need an art gallery... I know there are others, I mean just one for all the FoJ pictures, even art with one or more members. I love the one Sailor did of us.
Sailor Namek
King of Threads
Man, I wish I could see my old RP ways from back in 03.
Jeez.
I never was put in any of the FoJ pictures. ]:
hmm I really think I put you in the weird little FoJ pic I drew back in the day.
User Image

But the list of who all is in that picture is on my computer that is being fixed, so I'm not sure o.o Can you find yourself? It's a bit like where's waldo...Where's Tyler... ninja ^^;

Wowza!!!
WhiteTiger15
I have an idea.
Dunno how good it is though.
When someone mentioned giving out the dragon dresses this sparked a thought. Why not just give out Kimonos, Yukatas, Dresses and Suits?

A thought. We have a lot to think and talk about. Brainstorming is going to be something, isn't it? Hahaha!

THE END! For now... from me, that is! Hoo. That took me some hours... and still does not make up for, nor excuse, my absences. I do apologize again, and will hope to be forgiven and taken back into the fold... Flowers of Japan. My first home on Gaia, a little over three years now. *Smiles, and exits quietly stage left, leaving only a slight scent of hay and vanilla in her wake*.  

Vaylle

Dedicated Dabbler

3,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

AngelFeathers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:07 pm
Whoo. XD

Welly well, I sent a few pixel dolls over to Flower of Japan. XD

And I'm curious, is it just because he's never here that we can't get Kenchan to transfer ownership of the guild? XD
I mean, I don't think he'd delay it just to confound us... XD

An art gallery?
Thinking about it, I believe that FoJ did, at one time, have a Deviantart account, for that coloring book idea that sort of crashed, XD but I'm not sure who owned it. I think it was likely twisty, who, to my understanding, isn't around much anymore.

Mokoni mentioned that she had found an artist to make the navi art, but never mentioned who? I'd like to know. XD

Changing the title to involve brainstorming is likely a good idea, I'll change that after I post this. XD

That dresses and suits idea along with kimonos and yukatas really hit a high note with me. There are are more dresses than in the past. It would be good to have a list of what counts as what. And would we give out the accessories with them, such as a bowtie or shoes with tuxedoes? For the more expensive items, would they be required to dedicate themselves to posting for longer periods of time? Of course, getting to know them was never in question, this will always be the main point.

Friending the mules for various things is a very good idea.

I think the main problem for charities is how lazy people are. For me, anyhow. XD I, being a born procrastinator, find myself saying, "I'll do it later." This is why, in my opinion, it is very important for active, friendly members to be present. I admit that I myself have been lax with my posting, normally because I enter and figure that it's not worth posting when the thread is moving so slowly.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:01 am
Twisty quit FoJ, if I'm not mistaken, but she is still on gaia.

as for Kenchan...who knows XD I mean, he's even posted in FoJ a few times in the past few months, so it's not like he's completely vanished off the face of the earth. I suppose one of us could just call him and ask... >> ^^; Really I'm not sure why some of this stuff is talked about and then never gets done. That's how things go, I guess. But since no one else has seemed to yet (speak now or forever hold your peace, people ), I'll try and go after Kenchan and ask him what the deal is on the guild ownership and such.

as for an art gallery, we could just revive or make a new thread in the guild with pics of members. I think it would be fun, but I guess the otherones of that sort have always died away before.
by the by, here's said art thread: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=1405410
oh, and here's the coloring book thread: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=95255&page=1
wow...that one's certainly a blast from the past! first page was 3 years ago...

and ya...laziness and procrastination all play in here I suppose. But also real life issues, apathy, fighting, grudges, and complacency factor in somewhere too. We've all done these things at some point, I'm sure. It'd be interesting if some of us were all were on at the same time and had a serious discussion about some of these things and came up with a plan to actually put into action to make things better and go forward with our ideas. Would be interesting, yes... =)  

Sailor Namek

Blessed Believer

Sailor Namek

Blessed Believer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:23 am
mweh heh...just emailed him, so we'll see if I hear back ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:06 am
Replies!!! We are off to some kind of start, then!

I remember the colouring book account so well... yes, certainly a blast from the past. I was thinking more along the lines of a gallery here, in the guild. It would have to be kept clean. No chat, just the art and comments in that one post, by the poster.

Of course, Sailor has so many great pictures... perhaps a sub-forum would be even better. Just for art and galleries. Perhaps one where dedicated to chat. *Notes under "ideas*.

Personally I am waiting before I do any more donations to the FoJ. I want to be sure the Charity is still active, that we have some people in charge who really care and will be active, helpful, and informative.

Change the title to BRAINSTORMING! Hahaha.

I really like the idea of dresses and suits myself... even though the kimonos/yakutas will always be my favorites of course. I think it is just a matter of moving along with the times... ahwell. We must stay true to the original vision, however, the best we can anyway.

Good questions, those... I will be giving them some thought.

I agree about the lazy problem, and in order to be visible in that forum, we do have to keep the where actively moving. I also agree its important for active, friendly members to be present, AND to be relentless in pointing everyone to the GUILD. This is where we keep better records and can find things more easily, for one thing. Majorly one thing if you ask me.

Call him and ask, Sailor! I certainly do not know either, and I am guilty of having been a moderator here and losing my way... it will not happen again.

I agree some of the art wheres do die away, but if we had them in a sub-forum, it wouldn't really matter and they would always be there to visit. Wow you are so great about being able to find things, Sailor! (The links.)

So true about the real life issues. I think the main way to solve that is to just keep each other informed. I will get back to keeping up with the Away Where if I can get to it. I wrote and asked to be restored but had no response, I think I will write again and not only suggest that, but suggest a couple of others.

Who do the two of you think would be good moderators in here, other than yourselves? There are really very few... in my most humble opinion. Perhaps some just need a reason.  

Vaylle

Dedicated Dabbler

3,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

AngelFeathers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:45 pm
That discussion thread sounds like lots of fun. =)

A clean art subforum would be nice. <3

I have no ideas for moderators. XP  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:54 pm
I'm still here and reading.

Not sure what else I can do as I am out of ideas for now.

But if you need me to help with anything, let me know and I can try my best.

Semper Tigris

Sailor Namek

Blessed Believer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:28 am
other than us, as for the mod question, people that actually post in the guild and aren't already mods....I can't really think of any. I'll step up if asked, but other than that I can't do too much about it. Some people come to mind, but I think they are too busy.
Ya...I may have to call Kennychan (...if he hasn't changed his number or whatnot since it's been a reeeeeally long time since we've talked on the phone...).
Moko or Zero, are you reading any of this? You have any insight or help for us here?

just checked the mods...whoa! Even Star-chan is still a mod...heh  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:13 pm
Alright, then, we have a good base.

Where do we go from here?  

Vaylle

Dedicated Dabbler

3,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Sailor Namek

Blessed Believer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:06 am
Mahayr in Waiting
Alright, then, we have a good base.

Where do we go from here?
I'm still trying to stalk Kenchan, but other than that, unless Moko or Zero decide that something is going to happen, then I'm not sure what we can do.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:06 pm
Alright... TO THE MESSAGING!  

Vaylle

Dedicated Dabbler

3,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Sailor Namek

Blessed Believer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:01 am
rawr...it's not going very well ^^;