Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cagalli Yura Attha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:22 pm
They were MADE to be a challenge.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:34 pm
Cagalli Yura Attha
I know but I think that they are a little too much of a challenge...Especially for the Eldar who aren't speial designed for a certain type of combat.  

Tojju

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:10 pm
xd

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:14 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Faeruithir

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:10 pm
Yahiko_Meoshine
Cagalli Yura Attha
I know but I think that they are a little too much of a challenge...Especially for the Eldar who aren't speial designed for a certain type of combat.

Not exactly. Something that the Eldar have over almost any other race when it comes to fighting Necrons is one thing: power weapons. There are only two weapons in the entire army that aren't power weapons, and those are chainswords and witchblades. Think about it - howling banshees, almost all exarchs, and storm gaurdians.

Trust me, I have played Necrons and witnessed horrific losses at the hands of Eldar and one particular Senior Heroic Officer (from my friends IG army, he had a power sword and plasma pistol) that has now been given the nickname "Darth Vader". With those typs of weapons, Necrons stay dead. Plus the idea of 20-strong squads of Storm Gaurdians all with power swords FoFing around the map hunting down squads of Warriors is just sick.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:15 pm
Storm guardians have power swords??  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Faeruithir

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:30 pm
crap, your right! how could i have been so blind? i just checked and they have no power weapons. well, i guess that whole argument is dead then. woe is me if i every find anybody else that plays necrons around here.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:38 pm
Faeruithir
crap, your right! how could i have been so blind? i just checked and they have no power weapons. well, i guess that whole argument is dead then. woe is me if i every find anybody else that plays necrons around here.
I was about to hit myself with my sword on the head if Storm Guardians had power weapons. That would be sick.  

Tojju

Faeruithir

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:40 am
ya, im not sure why i thought that. I almost think its a shame that they don't.... ah, well, at least the necrons are so slow.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:37 am
Transformers vs Necrons
Robotech Vs necrons
Gundam Vs Necrons

necrons scare me  

Kiraza

Tableau

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:05 pm
necrons is cool, but i dont likes them too much. I wish storm guardians had power weapons! That would PWN! crying  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:55 pm
Iron BaneWolf
necrons is cool, but i dont likes them too much. I wish storm guardians had power weapons! That would PWN! crying
goddamnit what the hell does PWN mean??? I'ver asked you 3 times and you refuse to answer.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Tojju

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:34 am
Faeruithir
Yahiko_Meoshine
Cagalli Yura Attha

Not exactly. Something that the Eldar have over almost any other race when it comes to fighting Necrons is one thing: power weapons. There are only two weapons in the entire army that aren't power weapons, and those are chainswords and witchblades. Think about it - howling banshees, almost all exarchs, and storm gaurdians.

Trust me, I have played Necrons and witnessed horrific losses at the hands of Eldar and one particular Senior Heroic Officer (from my friends IG army, he had a power sword and plasma pistol) that has now been given the nickname "Darth Vader". With those typs of weapons, Necrons stay dead. Plus the idea of 20-strong squads of Storm Gaurdians all with power swords FoFing around the map hunting down squads of Warriors is just sick.
Also Singing Spears aren't power weapons which is stupid as hell. Check the codex, it does not say that the Singing Spear ignores normal armor saves.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:20 pm
Yahiko_Meoshine
Faeruithir
Yahiko_Meoshine
Cagalli Yura Attha

Also Singing Spears aren't power weapons which is stupid as hell. Check the codex, it does not say that the Singing Spear ignores normal armor saves.
yeah.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Faeruithir

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:59 pm
I agree, whats the point of having extremely expensive close combat squads that have no power weapons? Terminators have power weapons and they can be just as hard (if not harder) to kill than bikes, and if you deep strike with them they are almost as mobile, at least for that turn.  
40k Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff