Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[Big Cat Weyrling Lesson] The Bonding Maze Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
magnadearel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:51 pm
Rinis and Green Galensith
User Image

It didn't last long as Rinis found herself against yet another rope. Chaek, bite her head knobs. The brown, her oldest firelizard, would know not to bite too hard but it was enough to get her attention. Along with gold Bourbon roundly scolding the young green dragon.

Whaaaaaaaat?! Galensith ducked her head from the bite and scolding. If you could pay attention for more than 5 seconds, I wouldn't always be running into ropes. The next one I run into, I'm going under. Her green was absolutely getting her no where, Rinis was positive. She'd probably been going in a circle with all the other weyrlings laughing at her if they could see her. Thankfully they were as blindfolded as she. She hoped.

7: Maybe…if you go under the rope you just ran into?
Total: 0

Hattaki rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:10 am
Pair: X'ael & Cucuaranath

Quote:
15. You make a particularly epic bouncing movement as you run hard into the rope.

His grunt was audible as his little blue once again sent him down the path to knock into something. At least it wasn't a person this time, but the ropes were so taught that when it hit his midsection, X'ael about toppled over, bouncing backwards from the force of it.

You don't have to walk so fast either, it's okay to just take it nice and slow. But you should go to your left this time. I think.

Don't think, can you just look to see where the path leads first? Maybe?

Where's the fun in that?

He was going to have a lot of bruises and explaining to his masters when this was over.

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Hattaki rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:22 am

Quote:
1. Congratulations! You found a dead end. Now you have to back track at least one turn and find the next place you can go. (-1 to getting out of the maze)

So not a left then. Maybe you should go back the way you came.

Slapping a hand to his face and dragging it down in frustration, careful not to pull the blindfold off, X'ael started back to where he'd slammed into the rope, remembering the little slope there. He had to wait while Cucuaranath decided on a different route, at this point certain that he would be the last one in the maze all by himself.

I've got this! I've got this! Don't worry, I think I know the next way you should go!

Hattaki rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:40 am

Quote:
2. Your dragon has you turning left but you end up hitting the rope instead of the path.

Pick something other than left this time! Left is getting us nowhere!

I like left! And it looks open, give me some credit.

Oh he'd give Cucuaranath some credit alright, when he picked him up and wrestled him senseless after he got out of this maze. X'ael was still fairly certain that the blue was doing this on purpose as he wasn't this much of a rock head.

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Hattaki rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:53 am

Quote:
5. You are really tempted to take off your blindfold. All this blind walking is starting to get to you. But you know you would have to start over if you did.

At this point, after hitting yet another rope, X'ael couldn't tell if he was at the beginning of the maze just going back and forth or if he was somewhere deep within, but he wanted desperately to take off the shaffing blindfold covering his eyes. At least then he could navigate with some expedience. Cucuaranath didn't at all seem to be interested in helping him find the way out as he was at having his bonded meet new people by knocking him physically into them!

If he was deep within the maze though, he would hate himself for taking the blindfold off and having to hit the same ropes over and over.

Hattaki rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:06 am

Quote:
13. Really, are you aiming for the other Weyrlings?

That time his head cracked against another Weyrling's and all X'ael could do was issue rushed apologies as Cucuaranath choked in embarrassment and told him to go another direction. Another direction in the never ending maze. Hopefully the other Weyrling was okay, given his head was as hard as it was, they would surely be out soon all the same though.

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Hattaki rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:32 am

Quote:
16. Well, you seem to be going in the right direction. At least, you haven’t run into anything yet. (+1 to getting out of the maze)

There was nothing but open air, sweet air, as X'ael followed Cucuaranath's most recent right turn. So it definitely seemed that going to the right, so far, was working! Of course he wouldn't get his hopes up too much but at least he hadn't bounced into a rope or banged off of another Weyrling in a minute or two.

That was something!

Prism Shine rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:21 pm
User Image
Nonami and Negoncath

Quote:
5. You are really tempted to take off your blindfold. All this blind walking is starting to get to you. But you know you would have to start over if you did.

With a sigh, Nonami rubbed at their face, a touch frustrated. The world was getting a bit off kilter without being able to see it, and the desire to rip the blindfold off and recenter themself was.. strong.

Take a moment, dearest. We can do this.  

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Prism Shine rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:24 pm
User Image
Nonami and Negoncath

Quote:
2. Your dragon has you turning left but you end up hitting the rope instead of the path.

We can do this... Take a left--oh!

Nonami bumped into the rope, squeaking slightly.

Sorry, beloved. Take.. another two steps, then a left. The embarrassment was palpable, but Nonami only sent wave after wave of reassurance for their sweetest green.  
Prism Shine rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:27 pm
User Image
Nonami and Negoncath

Quote:
10. Your dragon tells you to turn right. You go left. Oops.

Now go... right.

Nonami turned left accidentally, running into the rope and nearly toppling over the bridge. Negoncath's surprise was heavy. I told you to go right. Is everything okay?

Sorry, love. I'm a bit lost under the blindfold.  

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Prism Shine rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:31 pm
User Image
Nonami and Negoncath

Quote:

Once more, the rope hit Nonami's hip.They flushed a touch, backing away from the rope before trying to continue onwards. Negoncath could lead them out, they were sure of it.  
Prism Shine rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:36 pm
User Image
Nonami and Negoncath

Quote:
19. It seems to be working! (+1 to getting out of the maze)

Y-yes, that way! You're doing wonderfully, my sweetest!

Nonami beamed, awash with the love from Negoncath -- but also proud of their dragon for doing so well so far. Surely they must nearly be done!  

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Prism Shine rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:43 pm
User Image
Nonami and Negoncath

Quote:
18. Too bad they can’t make a maze large enough for the dragons. You would sure like to be in that role right now.

If only I could do a maze like this. You'd be so wonderful at giving me directions.

Nonami grinned slightly, if to themself. Never as good as you, Negoncath. But if only, because I'd love to do that for you. No doubt she would ace it right off.  
Prism Shine rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:47 pm
User Image
Nonami and Negoncath

Quote:
18. Too bad they can’t make a maze large enough for the dragons. You would sure like to be in that role right now.

They could do this together. Nonami could feel Negoncath's slight wiggle, wanting to leap down and run through the maze herself.  

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Prism Shine rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:53 pm
User Image
Nonami and Negoncath

Quote:
4. Oh dear! That was a human you ran into not rope.

Eep! Not again.
Nonami shyly backed away, giving their fellow weyrling space before they moved on.  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff