Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Revolution

Back to Guilds

A literate and semi-literate Naruto-based role playing guild. Active in 2024! 

Tags: Naruto, Roleplay, Boruto, Shinobi, Ninja 

Reply ③ || Approval Area
Custom Technique Submission Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:48 pm
Evanescently Magnificent
Ephemeral Ozymandias

They be looking mighty fine! Only one small detail is that they need to have a duration like how Shroud of Rain does and they should be good to go!

Thanks! They have an implied duration of 1 post because I categorized all of them as instance genjutsu which is always 1 post. The reason Corrupting Shroud of Rain is the only one with a specific duration is because it is categorized as illusory genjutsu.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:52 pm
Ephemeral Ozymandias
Evanescently Magnificent
Ephemeral Ozymandias

They be looking mighty fine! Only one small detail is that they need to have a duration like how Shroud of Rain does and they should be good to go!

Thanks! They have an implied duration of 1 post because I categorized all of them as instance genjutsu which is always 1 post. The reason Corrupting Shroud of Rain is the only one with a specific duration is because it is categorized as illusory genjutsu.

xD Approved!  

Evanescently Magnificent

Anxious Bloodsucker

___youwillknownihilism

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:20 pm

Character: Nava, Matani of the Dead
Link to profile: [x]
Authority of God | Rank S+ | Bloodline Keystone [ Fire ]| Active [ Spiritual ]
Flames of Amateratsu burst into life at the border of the very Subforum, with three massive walls of fire within the dome created creating a battlefield that is extremely hot. You guessed it, the flames form the symbol of Jashin, and this skill immediately activates Death Controller Possession for Nava as well. The walls themselves cannot be passed through for free, and will inflictheavy damage on anyone who touches them including Nava, if she wills it. The very outer barrier of flames is special in that so long as it remains, those within are untraceable by doujutsu, as the very boundaries are considered to be trapped within the Kamui. This skill takes two activations and a single post to prime before activating, and requires considerable effort to destroy, as if the outer barrier isn't destroyed entirely, it simply regenerates for an appropriate cost to whatever hit it. While within, Dehydration stacks upon everyone including those typically immune, and Nava herself, at a rate of 1 tier per 3 posts. This can remain for 10 posts before it dies out, and both this and destroying the barrier leaves the symbol of Jashin across the ground. While active, this technique halves the cost for maintaining Death Possession mode for Nava as well.

NecroPlant

Mattysandwich

Evanescently Magnificent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:31 pm
___youwillknownihilism

Approved!

Evanescently Magnificent

Anxious Bloodsucker

LS95

Beloved Rogue

7,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:20 pm
Keystone:

Character: Akuko
Phantom Limb Replacement [ 幻肢の取り替え ] | Rank X | Keystone | Ninjutsu [ Maruton ] | Cost [ Spritual, Maintenance ]
Focusing their chakra with a great amount of control and pathway knowledge, the user goes through the process of first building a replica pathway from the pathway nodes on the end of the limb to be replaced, then threading and wrapping their chakra around it until a fully-functional limb with all the appropriate appendages is formed. This limb has the same properties as a physical limb with its flexibility, range and physical presence, and alters all Taijutsu and Basic Combat with that specific limb to Spiritual for collision purposes against other jutsu though the resource cost remains the same type. As a result of the limb being Spiritual, it does not gain any bonuses from stats.

Rank is limited to the User's Body Rank, and is not valid for Korabo. Costs 1 Activation initially at normal chakra cost of that rank, with the standard chakra cost of maintaining and repairing damage every subsequent post until any of the methods of a jutsu being ended are triggered. Using and maintaining this technique for more than 8 posts without proper recovery either in the same thread or between threads will cause Tenketsu Rot at the nodes being built off of, and if left untreated after 3 posts it will progress into Tenketsu Burnout with immediate node destruction beginning on that post.

Evanescently Magnificent

I can't believe i forgot to change these quotes on all my submissions

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:54 pm
LS95
Please stop quoting me and check the actual format for approvals. I'm no longer a mod and haven't been for several months. Thank you.

Also, please don't respond.

(MODS:Sorry to pollute approvals with non approval relevance. Don't know the member's information outside of gaia.)

Kondo Kaicho
Vice Captain

Patriotic Capitalist

5,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Evanescently Magnificent

Anxious Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:01 pm
LS95

Approved!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:03 pm
tab BEYOND THE VEIL
tab tab xxxX rank tab Fuin Keystone tab Null

Lilian has spent many years studying whether or not there are other planes of existence; and whether or not they're real or just creations of sleeping beings that fade in and out of existence in a wink. Through this research, she found a very old tale, and a very old technique to rip open the viel between this worl and another. The Erudite Academic writes upon their dominant hand a seal in ink mixed with their blood. This seal, when finished, immediately burns in to the skin and begins to glow brightly of the user's chakra; it becomes a permanent fixture upon the skin that flares painfully with each use. In order to use this seal, the user points the palm outwards, their chakra seeping in to the air. This chakra summons forth a rift in the air, the size and strength of said rift depending on the amount of chakra put in to the technique

E-rank; creates a small 2 inch rift in the air, allows for other rift jutsu to be used at techniques rank. Causes rank applicable mental stress. At an e-rank cost, the user can summon forth transparent humanoid figures of the user's chakra color that have one activation; and who's only technique is to fire off an e-rank spiritual attack. About six of these "wraiths" can be summoned at a time.

D-rank: Created a one foot large tear in the air, allowing for other rift jutsu to be used at this techniques rank. Causes rank applicable mental stress. At a D-rank cost, can bring up to five humanoid figures; these figures look like a person with stretched muscle tissues over their entire body with a spartan helmet like appendage. These figures can use any d-rank jutsu known to the user, and if the user wishes they can trade in only one of these "warmongers" for two "wraiths" instead.

C-rank: Creates a six foot large tear in the air, allowing other rift jutsu to be used at this technique's rank. Causes rank applicable mental stress. At a c-rank cost, can call forth four ethereal looking figures; who resemble something to skeletons wrapped in a death cloth. These figures can levitate about 4 feet off the ground, and can use any C-rank jutsu known to the user. If the user wishes, they can trade in one of these "forgotten" for two "warmongers" or four "wraiths."

B-rank: Creates a fifteen foot tear in the air, allowing other rift jutsu to be used at this technique's rank. Anyone in the surrounding area can begin to see shapes and structures inside the tear, causing rank applicable mental stress and rank 1 insanity. At a b-rank cost, the user can call forth up to three masses of what looks like molten lava but has none of it's properties. These figures move at a slow speed, but can use any B-rank jutsu known to the user and cause opponents who use physical techniques up to it's body rank to become stuck to it. If the user wishes, they can trade only one of these "hated" for two "forgotten", four "warmongers" or eight "wraiths".

A-rank: Creates a 30 foot tear in the air, allowing other rift jutsu to be used at this technique's rank. Anyone in the surrounding area can see inside this technique clearly, causing rank applicable mental stress and rank 2 insanity for anyone who looks directly in to it. At an A-rank cost, the user can call forth two giant, reptilian like figures that can not only use any jutsu known to the user but any taijutsu up to it's body rank. If the user wishes, they can trade in one of these "monstrosities" for two "hated", four "forgotten", eight "warmongerers" or sixteen "wraiths".

S-rank: Causes a horrific sixty foot tear in the sky, raining down c-rank hunks of solid material from the other side at about 3 three foot chunks every other post. Anyone in the surrounding area can see a horrific nightmare scape that mirrors their current surroundings within this tear, causing rank applicable mental stress and rank 2 insanity for anyone who looks at it. At an s-rank cost, the user can pull forth one ghastly being who looks more akin to a human crossbread with a spider and wrapped in cloth than an actual person. This figure can use any technique known by the user, including customs, and can turn intangible to everything but spiritual attacks once every four posts. If the user wishes, they can trade this "nightmare" for two "monstrosities", four "hated", eight "forgotten", sixteen "warmongers" or 32 "wraiths".

NecroPlant

Mattysandwich

Evanescently Magnificent

Koresephone

Winter Specter

22,900 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Battery 500

-x- Rei -x-

O.G. Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:57 pm
Torture Me Softly
tab BEYOND THE VEIL

Lilian has spent many years studying whether or not there are other planes of existence; and whether or not they're real or just creations of sleeping beings that fade in and out of existence in a wink. Through this research, she found a very old tale, and a very old technique to rip open the viel between this worl and another. The Erudite Academic writes upon their dominant hand a seal in ink mixed with their blood. This seal, when finished, immediately burns in to the skin and begins to glow brightly of the user's chakra; it becomes a permanent fixture upon the skin that flares painfully with each use. In order to use this seal, the user points the palm outwards, their chakra seeping in to the air. This chakra summons forth a rift in the air, the size and strength of said rift depending on the amount of chakra put in to the technique

E-rank; creates a small 2 inch rift in the air, allows for other rift jutsu to be used at techniques rank. Causes rank applicable mental stress. At an e-rank cost, the user can summon forth transparent humanoid figures of the user's chakra color that have one activation; and who's only technique is to fire off an e-rank spiritual attack. About six of these "wraiths" can be summoned at a time.

D-rank: Created a one foot large tear in the air, allowing for other rift jutsu to be used at this techniques rank. Causes rank applicable mental stress. At a D-rank cost, can bring up to five humanoid figures; these figures look like a person with stretched muscle tissues over their entire body with a spartan helmet like appendage. These figures can use any d-rank jutsu known to the user, and if the user wishes they can trade in only one of these "warmongers" for two "wraiths" instead.

C-rank: Creates a six foot large tear in the air, allowing other rift jutsu to be used at this technique's rank. Causes rank applicable mental stress. At a c-rank cost, can call forth four ethereal looking figures; who resemble something to skeletons wrapped in a death cloth. These figures can levitate about 4 feet off the ground, and can use any C-rank jutsu known to the user. If the user wishes, they can trade in one of these "forgotten" for two "warmongers" or four "wraiths."

B-rank: Creates a fifteen foot tear in the air, allowing other rift jutsu to be used at this technique's rank. Anyone in the surrounding area can begin to see shapes and structures inside the tear, causing rank applicable mental stress and rank 1 insanity. At a b-rank cost, the user can call forth up to three masses of what looks like molten lava but has none of it's properties. These figures move at a slow speed, but can use any B-rank jutsu known to the user and cause opponents who use physical techniques up to it's body rank to become stuck to it. If the user wishes, they can trade only one of these "hated" for two "forgotten", four "warmongers" or eight "wraiths".

A-rank: Creates a 30 foot tear in the air, allowing other rift jutsu to be used at this technique's rank. Anyone in the surrounding area can see inside this technique clearly, causing rank applicable mental stress and rank 2 insanity for anyone who looks directly in to it. At an A-rank cost, the user can call forth two giant, reptilian like figures that can not only use any jutsu known to the user but any taijutsu up to it's body rank. If the user wishes, they can trade in one of these "monstrosities" for two "hated", four "forgotten", eight "warmongerers" or sixteen "wraiths".

S-rank: Causes a horrific sixty foot tear in the sky, raining down c-rank hunks of solid material from the other side at about 3 three foot chunks every other post. Anyone in the surrounding area can see a horrific nightmare scape that mirrors their current surroundings within this tear, causing rank applicable mental stress and rank 2 insanity for anyone who looks at it. At an s-rank cost, the user can pull forth one ghastly being who looks more akin to a human crossbread with a spider and wrapped in cloth than an actual person. This figure can use any technique known by the user, including customs, and can turn intangible to everything but spiritual attacks once every four posts. If the user wishes, they can trade this "nightmare" for two "monstrosities", four "hated", eight "forgotten", sixteen "warmongers" or 32 "wraiths".

. . . . In Due Process . . . .

This is a doozy of a custom, holy s**t. I believe it can work but I need to address each problem slowly but I am positive you and I can work this out, yeah? So I'll edit in each thing and slowly work through the process until we hash out this... giant.

Edit Number 1: 1:38 AM 12/21/2019

A Duration is unspecified in the technique, I am uncertain of how much it goes by -- if we're to go off of the keystone guideline, 10 posts is the general guideline for it to exist. I would... go 3 Posts per rank invested in this keystone. Once the duration is up, you'll need to recast the rift at the original rank or higher to 'refuel' it.

Constructs created by the Rift are composed of the resource they're comprised of, the E-Rank ability mentions an Activation -- which I am gonna assume any and all creations take ahold of this and use one of their own -- so 5 E-Rank Wraiths = 1 activation each of their own.

I have issue with the custom's scaling that throws off a few things on its own -- as the Rift itself would get nuked once it is hit by another equal ranked ability. As I do not believe this is your intention either.

The Keystone is making mention it is a permanent alteration to the body so I will go out on a limb and say it is locking you out of one of your Erudite Scrolls.

One thing we discussed already is I would increase the cost of this particular Keystone by 2x its rank -- reason being is so to both balance and give it reason why it's not getting popped like a daisy just so much as some joe shmoe lookin at it with Kamui. I would specify that this jutsu costs 2x the cost, but would need to be met with its resource invests (basically if its C, it would need 2 C or 1 B) to defeat it.

It lacks a S+ rank as well, and with a 2x cost the S rank would "technically" be S+ in all but ... Name? Rank? Whatever. Anyway. I will break down more things here soon. I want to touch on the creations themselves and how the keystone works as well and see if we can come to a nifty middle road.

Will this work with you? This... Keystone is exploring so many uncharted waters so this is a very special case. I normally stay outta approvals but I think this requires my touch .w.''  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:41 am
-x- Rei -x-
Torture Me Softly
tab BEYOND THE VEIL

Lilian has spent many years studying whether or not there are other planes of existence; and whether or not they're real or just creations of sleeping beings that fade in and out of existence in a wink. Through this research, she found a very old tale, and a very old technique to rip open the viel between this worl and another. The Erudite Academic writes upon their dominant hand a seal in ink mixed with their blood. This seal, when finished, immediately burns in to the skin and begins to glow brightly of the user's chakra; it becomes a permanent fixture upon the skin that flares painfully with each use and absorbs one of the body scroll slots for the academic permanently. In order to use this seal, the user points the palm outwards, their chakra seeping in to the air. The user summons forth a rift in the air-- the size and strength of said rift depending on the amount of chakra put in to the technique. All "summons" of this technique have one activation, whether defending or attacking, and they each mimic their summon cost in body rank, resource pool, and defeat cost.

E-rank; creates a small 2 inch rift in the air, allows for other rift jutsu to be used at techniques rank. Causes rank applicable mental stress. At an e-rank cost, the user can summon forth transparent humanoid figures of the user's chakra color who's only technique is to fire off an e-rank spiritual attack. About six of these "wraiths" can be summoned at a time.

C-rank: Creates a six foot large tear in the air, allowing other rift jutsu to be used at this technique's rank. Causes rank applicable mental stress. At a c-rank cost, can call forth up to four ethereal looking figures; who resemble something to skeletons wrapped in a death cloth. These figures can levitate about 4 feet off the ground, and can use any C-rank jutsu known to the user. If the user wishes, they can trade in one of these "forgotten" for any mixture of two "warmongers" or four "wraiths."

B-rank: Creates a fifteen foot tear in the air, allowing other rift jutsu to be used at this technique's rank. Anyone in the surrounding area can begin to see shapes and structures inside the tear, causing rank applicable mental stress and rank 1 insanity. At a b-rank cost, the user can call forth up to three masses of what looks like molten lava but has none of it's properties. These figures move at a slow speed, but can use any B-rank jutsu known to the user and cause opponents who use physical techniques up to it's body rank to become stuck to it. If the user wishes, they can trade only one of these "hated" for any mixture of two "forgotten", four "warmongers" or eight "wraiths".

A-rank: Creates a 30 foot tear in the air, allowing other rift jutsu to be used at this technique's rank. Anyone in the surrounding area can see inside this rift clearly and this plane begins to bleed in to existence; bits of strange rock formations begin appearing around the user, water turns a sickly black-green. Anyone who looks in to the rift or these structures suffers from rank applicable mental stress and rank 2 insanity. At an A-rank cost, the user can call forth up to two giant, reptilian like figures that can not only use any jutsu known to the user but any taijutsu up to it's body rank. If the user wishes, they can trade in one of these "monstrosities" for any mixture of two "hated", four "forgotten", eight "warmongerers" or sixteen "wraiths".

S-rank: Causes a horrific sixty foot tear in the sky, raining down c-rank hunks of solid material from the other side at about 3 three foot chunks every other post. Anyone in the surrounding area can see a horrific nightmare scape that mirrors their current surroundings within this tear but will also find that the world around them has started to mimic the reflection above them; rock formations form randomly around the rift, objects will begin to float and morph shape at random, and all surroundings take on a black or green-black palette. These formations, and the rift, cause a rank applicable amount of mental stress and rank 2 insanity. At an s-rank cost, the user can pull forth one ghastly being who looks more akin to a human crossbread with a spider and wrapped in cloth than an actual person. This figure can use any technique known by the user, including customs, and can turn intangible to everything but spiritual attacks once every four posts. If the user wishes, they can trade this "nightmare" for any mixture of two "monstrosities", four "hated", eight "forgotten", sixteen "warmongers" or 32 "wraiths".

S+ Rank: The user manifests a huge amount of chakra, ripping the very sky itself open for 120 feet, raining down hunks of solid material, causing six ten foot B-rank hunks of material every two posts. The rift no longer mirrors the surroundings because the technique itself morphs the landscape under it. The ground breaks apart in to separate islands, plant life and surroundings are transformed in to mountain ranges of obsidian like rock, and the layout of the land morphs randomly at will every two posts. The strain of this event is so terrible, so unthinkable, and so terrifying it causes Rank applicable mental stress and rank 3 insanity to all who look at anything surrounding them. The user can choose to manifest the ultimate being from beyond, a giant monster who's appearance changes to fit the worst nightmare of the person looking at it. This being can not be switched out for lower tiers, but can use all jutsu known by the user including customs with somatic gestures instead of handseals. For every three posts this being is active and in the field, it causes an increasing rank of mental stress while being looked at.

This is a doozy of a custom, holy s**t. I believe it can work but I need to address each problem slowly but I am positive you and I can work this out, yeah? So I'll edit in each thing and slowly work through the process until we hash out this... giant.

A Duration is unspecified in the technique, I am uncertain of how much it goes by -- if we're to go off of the keystone guideline, 10 posts is the general guideline for it to exist. I would... go 3 Posts per rank invested in this keystone. Once the duration is up, you'll need to recast the rift at the original rank or higher to 'refuel' it.

Constructs created by the Rift are composed of the resource they're comprised of, the E-Rank ability mentions an Activation -- which I am gonna assume any and all creations take ahold of this and use one of their own -- so 5 E-Rank Wraiths = 1 activation each of their own.

I have issue with the custom's scaling that throws off a few things on its own -- as the Rift itself would get nuked once it is hit by another equal ranked ability. As I do not believe this is your intention either.

The Keystone is making mention it is a permanent alteration to the body so I will go out on a limb and say it is locking you out of one of your Erudite Scrolls.

One thing we discussed already is I would increase the cost of this particular Keystone by 2x its rank -- reason being is so to both balance and give it reason why it's not getting popped like a daisy just so much as some joe shmoe lookin at it with Kamui. I would specify that this jutsu costs 2x the cost, but would need to be met with its resource invests (basically if its C, it would need 2 C or 1 B) to defeat it.

It lacks a S+ rank as well, and with a 2x cost the S rank would "technically" be S+ in all but ... Name? Rank? Whatever. Anyway. I will break down more things here soon. I want to touch on the creations themselves and how the keystone works as well and see if we can come to a nifty middle road.

Will this work with you? This... Keystone is exploring so many uncharted waters so this is a very special case. I normally stay outta approvals but I think this requires my touch .w.''

Alright. *cracks knuckles* I think I covered everything you put down? I also added the S+ rank because you pointed out I could have one and I forgot seeing as I still have old rules stuck in my head. Have a go, lemme know what else you figure out

I also wanted to say thank you for working with me on this, youve already made this a better keystone then it started out. I appreciate it, I have high hopes for this one.

Edit: Edits discussed in discord made. I think I got everything.  

Koresephone

Winter Specter

22,900 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Battery 500

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:00 pm
[Note: I also offered this technique to Rei to possibly add as a technique for Jiton in the future, if people are interested.]

Character: Kaileer Cein'lys
Magnetic Field [ 磁場, Jiba ] | Rank X [E-S+] | Bloodline [ Jiton ]| Cost [ Spritual ]
Using magnetic manipulation, the user creates a pulse of electromagnetic energy from a centered location either where they stand or where they strike, outwards. The result is a magnetic field that pulls metal objects within the range in any direction of choice. It is stationary, and does not move with the user; it would have to be recast to change the location. The pulse is strong enough to disrupt small electronics within its range, and anyone wearing or wielding any amount of metal will find their speed moderately reduced/reduced by [1], or supremely reduced/reduced by [2] if they are wearing heavy armor. It has a radius of ten [10] feet per rank. For an upkeep of two [2] ranks lower (minimum of [5] chakra) per post, it can be maintained.
    • The user maintains an opposing charge when using the technique, leaving them more or less unaffected by the field.

NecroPlant

Mattysandwich

Evanescently Magnificent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:43 pm
Royal Taorito

Wow! Is that a reference to stats?! I half expected to have to start reminding people. Approved!

Evanescently Magnificent

Anxious Bloodsucker

-x- Rei -x-

O.G. Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:51 pm
Torture Me Softly
-x- Rei -x-
Torture Me Softly
tab BEYOND THE VEIL

Lilian has spent many years studying whether or not there are other planes of existence; and whether or not they're real or just creations of sleeping beings that fade in and out of existence in a wink. Through this research, she found a very old tale, and a very old technique to rip open the viel between this worl and another. The Erudite Academic writes upon their dominant hand a seal in ink mixed with their blood. This seal, when finished, immediately burns in to the skin and begins to glow brightly of the user's chakra; it becomes a permanent fixture upon the skin that flares painfully with each use and absorbs one of the body scroll slots for the academic permanently. In order to use this seal, the user points the palm outwards, their chakra seeping in to the air. The user summons forth a rift in the air-- the size and strength of said rift depending on the amount of chakra put in to the technique. All "summons" of this technique have one activation, whether defending or attacking, and they each mimic their summon cost in body rank, resource pool, and defeat cost.

E-rank; creates a small 2 inch rift in the air, allows for other rift jutsu to be used at techniques rank. Causes rank applicable mental stress. At an e-rank cost, the user can summon forth transparent humanoid figures of the user's chakra color who's only technique is to fire off an e-rank spiritual attack. About six of these "wraiths" can be summoned at a time.

C-rank: Creates a six foot large tear in the air, allowing other rift jutsu to be used at this technique's rank. Causes rank applicable mental stress. At a c-rank cost, can call forth up to four ethereal looking figures; who resemble something to skeletons wrapped in a death cloth. These figures can levitate about 4 feet off the ground, and can use any C-rank jutsu known to the user. If the user wishes, they can trade in one of these "forgotten" for any mixture of two "warmongers" or four "wraiths."

B-rank: Creates a fifteen foot tear in the air, allowing other rift jutsu to be used at this technique's rank. Anyone in the surrounding area can begin to see shapes and structures inside the tear, causing rank applicable mental stress and rank 1 insanity. At a b-rank cost, the user can call forth up to three masses of what looks like molten lava but has none of it's properties. These figures move at a slow speed, but can use any B-rank jutsu known to the user and cause opponents who use physical techniques up to it's body rank to become stuck to it. If the user wishes, they can trade only one of these "hated" for any mixture of two "forgotten", four "warmongers" or eight "wraiths".

A-rank: Creates a 30 foot tear in the air, allowing other rift jutsu to be used at this technique's rank. Anyone in the surrounding area can see inside this rift clearly and this plane begins to bleed in to existence; bits of strange rock formations begin appearing around the user, water turns a sickly black-green. Anyone who looks in to the rift or these structures suffers from rank applicable mental stress and rank 2 insanity. At an A-rank cost, the user can call forth up to two giant, reptilian like figures that can not only use any jutsu known to the user but any taijutsu up to it's body rank. If the user wishes, they can trade in one of these "monstrosities" for any mixture of two "hated", four "forgotten", eight "warmongerers" or sixteen "wraiths".

S-rank: Causes a horrific sixty foot tear in the sky, raining down c-rank hunks of solid material from the other side at about 3 three foot chunks every other post. Anyone in the surrounding area can see a horrific nightmare scape that mirrors their current surroundings within this tear but will also find that the world around them has started to mimic the reflection above them; rock formations form randomly around the rift, objects will begin to float and morph shape at random, and all surroundings take on a black or green-black palette. These formations, and the rift, cause a rank applicable amount of mental stress and rank 2 insanity. At an s-rank cost, the user can pull forth one ghastly being who looks more akin to a human crossbread with a spider and wrapped in cloth than an actual person. This figure can use any technique known by the user, including customs, and can turn intangible to everything but spiritual attacks once every four posts. If the user wishes, they can trade this "nightmare" for any mixture of two "monstrosities", four "hated", eight "forgotten", sixteen "warmongers" or 32 "wraiths".

S+ Rank: The user manifests a huge amount of chakra, ripping the very sky itself open for 120 feet, raining down hunks of solid material, causing six ten foot B-rank hunks of material every two posts. The rift no longer mirrors the surroundings because the technique itself morphs the landscape under it. The ground breaks apart in to separate islands, plant life and surroundings are transformed in to mountain ranges of obsidian like rock, and the layout of the land morphs randomly at will every two posts. The strain of this event is so terrible, so unthinkable, and so terrifying it causes Rank applicable mental stress and rank 3 insanity to all who look at anything surrounding them. The user can choose to manifest the ultimate being from beyond, a giant monster who's appearance changes to fit the worst nightmare of the person looking at it. This being can not be switched out for lower tiers, but can use all jutsu known by the user including customs with somatic gestures instead of handseals. For every three posts this being is active and in the field, it causes an increasing rank of mental stress while being looked at.

Alright. *cracks knuckles* I think I covered everything you put down? I also added the S+ rank because you pointed out I could have one and I forgot seeing as I still have old rules stuck in my head. Have a go, lemme know what else you figure out

I also wanted to say thank you for working with me on this, youve already made this a better keystone then it started out. I appreciate it, I have high hopes for this one.

Edit: Edits discussed in discord made. I think I got everything.

I hereby approve this, this will stand to be a reference for the future.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:37 pm
Quote:
Since Kenshin has a ton of ancient custom techniques I am going to submit new versions of his old ones in groups instead of like twenty all at once and rebuild his customs from the ground up. Also since he was respecced the new customs need to fit his new character build.

Character: Kenshin Kōsei
Link to profile: [x] [x] [ This technique will replace Gentle Lunge and is a free Sen Gekiretsu Negareboshi signature style custom. ]
Stern Spirit Sword: Gentle Lunge [ Ima Reiken: Odayakana Tosshin ] | Rank X | Bukijutsu (Sen Gekiretsu Negareboshi) & Bloodline (Juken) [ Lightning ] | Spiritual
Using the rapier form of his spirit sword Getsuruito, Kenshin lunges forward and stabs the body of his opponent sending a variable amount of chakra out of the blade. If a tenketsu point is hit then a chakra bullet made out of the victim's own chakra exits the body from the opposite direction of impact. This chakra bullet is considered a loss from the chakra reserves from the opponent that is 1.5 times the amount of chakra placed in the technique. The action of this technique is considered supplemental if performed in tandem with a gentle fist technique. For example, if sixty-four tenketsu points are hit as a result of the sixty-four palms then sixty-four chakra bullets may leave the body causing immense damage but the total chakra loss from the victim's reserves remains the same just divided by the sixty-four bullets. If 5 raiton chakra is applied then jolts of electricity will flow through the nervous system causing first-tier paralysis.

Link to profile: [x] [x] [ This technique will replace Divine Detainment and is a free Sen Gekiretsu Negareboshi signature style custom. ]
Stern Spirit Sword: Raijin's Rapier [ Ima Reiken: Reipia no Raijin ] | Rank X | Bukijutsu (Sen Gekiretsu Nagareboshi) & Bloodline (Hatake & Hyuuga) [ Lightning ] | Spiritual
Crackling and chirping Chidori lightning is applied to Kenshin's spirit sword Getsuruito while in its rapier form before thrusting the blade at the target. First-tier whole-body paralysis is then applied on contact at E-C rank or second-tier whole-body paralysis at B-S+ rank. The amount of chakra applied to this technique when used to strike a tenketsu point causes a chakra reduction 1.5 times its cost.

Link to profile: [x] [x] [ This technique will replace Vibrating Gentle Fist and is a free Sen Gekiretsu Negareboshi signature style custom. ]
Stern Spirit Sword: Thunder Clap Thrust [ Ima Reiken: Hekireki Tsuki ] | Rank X | Bukijutsu (Sen Gekiretsu Nagareboshi) & Bloodline (Raiu) [ Lightning ] | Complex
After a dozen lightning bolts form around him, Kenshin thrusts his spirit sword Getsuruito while in its rapier form toward the target. When the blade is stabbed forward the lightning bolts follow it, augment the blade, and slam into the target's body. This increases the range of the sword strike and causes a deafening thunderclap. The lightning causes the blade to vibrate at such a frequency that it can shatter armor on contact and negate armor bonuses in defending against the strike.

Link to profile: [x] [x] [ This technique will replace Righteous Judgement and is a free Sen Gekiretsu Negareboshi signature style custom. ]
Stern Spirit Sword: Righteous Judgement [ Ima Reiken: Tadashī Handan ] | Rank X | Bukijutsu (Sen Gekiretsu Nagareboshi) & Bloodline (Hyuuga) [ Lightning ] | Spiritual
A flurry of thrusts from Kenshin's spirit sword Getsuruito in its rapier form release lightning bolts targeted toward the tenketsu with each strike. The lightning bolts will electrocute the body on contact and lock the tenketsu points and cause 1.5 times the chakra resource reduction depending on the amount of chakra applied to this technique. For example, if a B-Rank amount of chakra is applied then this technique will reflect the tenketsu locking and chakra draining effects of the sixty-four palms.

Link to profile: [x] [x] [ This technique will replace Sage Art: The Petrification of Heavenly Judgement and is his Human Sage Keystone. This was his bloodline class keystone but is being repurposed. ]
Sage Aura of Reincarnation: Avatar of the Sentinel | Rank S+ | Sage & Bukijutsu & Bloodline (Tenseigan) | Spiritual
While Kenshin is cloaked in the Aura of Reincarnation, he can attain his highest form by clasping his hands together and manifesting one thousand immense rotating arms of reincarnation chakra half mixed with nature chakra. Each and every arm is one hundred feet long with twenty-foot blades being wielded by each hand and perfectly mimics Kenshin's sword strikes. These arms replicate the attack used by Kenshin by paying their cost in chakra. Attacks can be replicated up to three times in one post and are limited to duplicate one attack per post. These attacks cost no additional actions, just the chakra and stamina resources to utilize them. The Avatar of the Sentinel is a highly taxing technique when used to its full potential but is capable of devastating the battlefield by selecting multiple targets. Complex or simple basic combat replicated techniques are given the costs and qualities of spiritual. Aura of Reincarnation: Ascension must be active for this technique to be used. As a result, the duration of Avatar of the Sentinel cannot exceed ten posts. Replicated attacks, even of the Juken, are unable to drain resources but they are capable of locking access to chakra. Chakra locking effects do not stack.

NecroPlant

Mattysandwich

Evanescently Magnificent

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:01 am
Quote:
Kenshin custom techs revamp part 2. The balance team can feel free to chip away at these and I will not be self-approving, but I am stress testing the power level we expect from keystones.

Link to profile: [x] [x] [ This technique will be his bukijutsu keystone from the Expert discipline. ]
Stern Warrior Spirit: Sentinel [ Ima Senshi no Seishin: Eihei ] | Rank S+ | Bukijutsu (Reiken no Michi) | Spiritual
While in the seventh virtue state and wielding the rapier form of Getsuruito, Kenshin manifests his full warrior spirit behind him. It is the size of a bijuu and appears as a dark blue ethereal sentinel holding a two-hundred-foot-long rapier. He is constituted of spiritual energy that has been enhanced by an S+ amount of chakra making him particularly hardy against other spiritual techniques. The knight mirrors Kenshin's movements and scales the attacks to its size to devastating effect and heals itself from his spiritual energy every other post maximally twice. The bukijutsu and taijutsu techniques that the sentinel mimics whether simple or complex count as spiritual in collisions but the sentinel does not carry Kenshin's stats. Additionally, the sentinel can perform one bukijutsu technique that Kenshin knows for no activation cost only once per post. Since the Sentinel is made from Kenshin's spirit he can phase in and out of the sentinel's body and the sentinel's attacks phase right through him causing no damage. This technique completely takes the place of the Warrior Spirit: Titan [ Senshi no Seishin: Kyojin ] when activated so they cannot both be active at once. Warrior Spirit: Titan and the seventh virtue state must be mastered before this technique can be learned.

Link to profile: [x] [x] [ This technique will be his bukijutsu keystone sub-technique from the Expert discipline. ]
Stern Warrior Spirit: Divine Justice [ Ima Senshi no Seishin: Kami no Seigi ] | Rank S+ | Bukijutsu (Reiken no Michi) [ Lightning ] | Spiritual
Kenshin and the Sentinel electrify their rapiers with crackling dark blue lightning before thrusting them toward a target in unison. When the Sentinel's blade makes contact with the target, the ground, or any other solid surface a massive vortex of swirling concussive lightning forms. This spherical vortex is two hundred feet in diameter and does not damage Kenshin or the Sentinel. This sphere can throw targets back a great distance as well as electrocute them. It will also cause immense damage to the surrounding area from the initial lightning-infused shockwave. This technique can only be used when the Stern Warrior Spirit: Sentinel technique is active.

Link to profile: [x] [x] [ This technique will be his bukijutsu keystone sub-technique from the Expert discipline. ]
Stern Warrior Spirit: Righteous Retribution [ Ima Senshi no Seishin: Seigi no Hōfuku ] | Rank S+ | Bukijutsu (Reiken no Michi) | Complex or Spiritual
Kenshin and the Sentinel apply chakra to their rapiers to parry an incoming attack. This technique can be used as complex for melee or spiritual for ninjutsu. The chakra in this technique then allows for the damage from the attack to be completely reflected back to its original source. This technique can only be used when the Stern Warrior Spirit: Sentinel technique is active.

NecroPlant

Mattysandwich

Evanescently Magnificent

③ || Approval Area

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out