Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Past Events Archive
[ anthemusa : p3 the convention ] Panels Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stari_maga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:26 am
Sadie looked up at the woman who had a question with a smile. She knew that ASMR was still mysterious and had yet to go completely mainstream, which could lead to some confusion.

That was why she was here, after all. She squinted at a page of messy, handwritten notes that she'd brought. "The acronym was coined by a woman named Jennifer Allen several years ago now," she said, still keeping her voice soft, but coming out of the whisper range in order to make sure she was understood. "It's gotten criticism for being esoteric, yes, which is why we usually shorten to just ASMR. Still, Autonomous means that it's something spontaneous, a reaction, maybe. The Sensory is because it is triggered by sensory stimuli, and then the Meridian Response is the fancy word for the tingles and relaxation experienced."

A staff member came to tell her that her time was almost up, and she nodded. She slowly flipped through a few more pages in her book as she said. "Well, it seems that's about all the time we have. If you're interested in seeing more, feel free to look at my YouTube, WaterWhispersASMR, and if you have any more questions, I should be around." With that, she fell into silence.

For future public appearances, maybe a script would be in order, but looking over the people who had came, she did feel proud.

medigel

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:01 pm
With the conclusion of Sadie's panel, she would find herself ushered off the stage with various event staff arriving to assist her with any props or equipment that needed to be moved.

One of them slipped her a business card for Argent Industries with some sort of mumble about how she should come by the office for a more detailed and private break down of what ASMR was and if it had a benefit to the overall company.

They immediately began setting up for the girls in competitive gaming panel afterwards.

stari_maga
thank you!

noir songbird
you're up

frayedflower
gamer girls

Nuxaz

Noir Songbird
Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:11 pm
Hinata Jaeger

Hinata liked to think she wasn't one for stage fright. It was difficult to be afraid, after all, when you made your living in front of a camera, livestreaming or making music for YouTube, and whatever public was here, they certainly wouldn't be able to compare to the rudeness of a Twitch chat. So, really, she wasn't all that worried. Besides, it wasn't like she was alone; she would be doing this with one of her favorite people. Helen was gruff, sure, but Hinata liked to think they were something like friends, and she certainly felt more comfortable knowing that she wasn't alone.

There had been so much prep work into this, deciding exactly what she wanted to talk about, what she intended to wear, how she wanted to present herself before a con crowd. She'd ended up deciding that just going for it was best, and her outfit resembled a closet version of Widowmaker's Noire skin; a red and black leather jacket over an off the shoulder red shirt, black pants, and heeled boots. It was a fun little getup, and honestly, Hinata liked looking good (or, well, looking sexy.) Beyond that,t here had been the writing and preparation for the panel, bouncing ideas back and forth with Helen, getting all of the information prepared.

This was a big deal, and she was eager; getting to talk to other girls who were interested in gaming was a big deal. She wasn't deluded enough to see herself as any kind of famous perfect mentor figure (God, no) but thius convention gave her a unique opportunity, one she would have loved to have back when she was first getting started. If there had been someone to hold her hand, to give her an idea of what it was going to be like, especially once you got past the public face? The bullshit in Bronze and Silver as you climbed up the ranks? How worth it it was to make it to Gold and beyond, when people stopped caring if you were a girl and started caring about how good you were?

Yeah, she liked to think she might have had an easier time if she had known all that. Known that there was a light at the other end of the tunnel.

She stepped up onto the stage, and grinned over at Helen.

"Hello!" She said, turning to the crowd and giving a wave as she took her seat, "my name is Hinata Jaeger, but you might know me better as Ironwing, and I'm here to talk to you about competitive gaming!"

frayedflower
lmk if you want me to tweak anything also ilu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:27 am
Helen Hall

Helen hadn't dressed up; she was in a rather plain t-shirt coupled with a flannel and a black skirt. Internally, she was second-guessing the skirt, idly smoothing it back down into place again and again even after she'd already stepped onto the stage.

It wasn't that she had stage fright. If she had issues performing in front of people, it would have made competitive gaming a challenge, and she knew she was above that kind of thing. But with no controller in her hand to distract her, she was much more aware of all the eyes of the audience on her and how they perceived her. When she was gaming, she didn't have to concern herself as much with smiling, with whether or not the cameras were getting flattering images or not. Not that Helen didn't get s**t anyway, but... it was easier when she was there for something else.

She hoped her smile didn't look too forced. "Helen Hall, better known as hellhall to you." Publicity would be good. Inspiring girls would be good. Helen was perfectly aware of the good points that this offered, just as she was aware that people were just waiting for her to ******** up and do something viral internet worthy. "Let's get this started, then."

Did she even have fans here?

Noir Songbird

frayedflower

Liberal Prophet

11,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:47 pm
Adaline Prescott in Room One

Despite being a volunteer event staff person, which really wasn't volunteer since she'd been told that she had to participate but like, whatever, Adaline had slipped away from her stations so that she could drop into some panels and she only arrived in time to catch the belly dance panel, which was pretty dope in itself and there was a game one starting up not to long after and she was all about that feminist message and supporting ladies.

Either way, she had plopped herself in a chair closer to the back, because she was almost late and thought it was rude to like meander up to the front.

And ho boy, she was captivated by the fluidity of the lady's body when she gave a demonstration.

Relatively speaking, Adaline knew that belly dance was more than the hyper-sexual displays that hollywood liked to turn them into but it was still really freaking neat to watch the easily controlled body movements that looked like they'd take a life time of practice to obtain.

It was like watching water going over smooth rocks in a stream.

When the floor opened up for questions, she decided that she'd ask to learn rather than falling back into her comfort of google's search bar.

"So, like, how much concentration does it require to get such fluid movements? How easy is it to injure yourself and, okay, does it effect your every day posture too? Do you find yourself with a little bit more height because of the looseness and stretchiness that maybe comes with that style of dance?"

strickenized

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:51 pm
Rory Willows

Reven ratted her out and the girl frowned at her feline companion, nose wrinkling while the gears in her brain tried to come up with a reasonable excuse and when that failed she sighed, tucked loose curls behind her ears.

"I wanted to see you," she said, neither confirming or denying the unfortunately very true statement that she was worried.

He was adjusting alright, overall, she knew that but it didn't make her worry any less. He was perfectly safe, perfectly there but things had a habit of happening and she didn't like the fact that large events in Destiny City usually had something bad happen at them.

Luckily, so far, nothing bad had happened. Yet.

There was always that ever looming yet.

"Wanted to see how your first real job with the company is going too."

beejoux

Nuxaz

Seiana_ZI

Codebreaking Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:55 pm
Raina Araya - Room Two

When Raina had gotten the panel schedule, there was one panel she knew she definitely wanted to make, without question.

Girls in Competitive Gaming caught her attention immediately. That was her dream job, truly. She would love to take her love of racing games, and the fact that she was actually good at them, and take it to a pro level, and even get paid for it on a regular basis. How cool would that be? Maybe she wouldn't have to slave over a terrible job she definitely didn't want to do, because whenever she took any of those career assessment tests everything just sounded terrible. Unlike everything else she had been told about, gaming was something she did want to do.

The gamers who were presenting today were local competitive gamers, Ironwing and Hellhall. (She definitely appreciated the name Hellhall, because it was a play off her name like Raina's own Raibeam was.) Raina was at least somewhat familiar with the both of them, which was exciting on its own. She wanted to hear everything they said and absorb it like a sponge, and so she plopped herself in the front row near front and center.

She leaned forward as they started to talk, swinging her legs back and forth, unable to stay still both due to excitement and due to natural tendencies to fidget. If the person next to her glared at her for it, Raina wasn't paying attention.

Raina was a rapt listener, keeping her eyes on the two speaking.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 pm
Otto Moor and Reven

Reven shrugged up at Rory as if to say what? She had been worried. Why lie about it. It's not like Otto wasn't aware of it with the way Rory had been following him around lately.

Otto just smiled. He didn't mind her checking up on him, at least not yet since it in no way interfered with other aspects of his personal life. Which...he didn't have much of at the moment. But as things began to settle more and more he figured Rory's worries would probably(hopefully) fade a bit.

"It's going pretty smoothly. Jade seems a little on edge, I guess I can't blame her, but everything's going well." He yawned, reaching for the bottle of water he'd set on the chair beside him. He uncapped it, took a drink, then tipped it towards Rory to offer her a drink.

"Starting to get hungry, through," he admitted, chuckling. "I forgot to eat breakfast and haven't had any chance to run to the exhibition hall."

Pale eyes flicked between the teen and the cat . "Are you two enjoying yourselves?"

nuxaz

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:28 am
Ayesha Kamjik

A smattering of questions followed her performance, consisting of mostly usual offenders — how long had she been dancing, what studios did she recommend, where should a beginner start — and she answered them in stride. Panel time was winding down; she knew she wouldn't need to stand on stage for much longer before another panelist made it to their room.

But one of the audience had a host of questions of her own, each different from the expected. Ayesha gave a nod after each question to demonstrate her acknowledgment of the speaker's inquiries. "For your first question, it depends on the individual and their experience with the dance. Once I've spent some time on a dance, I don't have to concentrate very hard to get it right — a lot of the movements become rote. But when I'm just learning a dance, quite a bit of concentration goes into fine tuning movements and seeing how those movements layer on each other. As you would expect, a more experienced dancer won't have to concentrate as hard as a beginner, even when they're both learning a new dance.

"For injury, you can overwork your body. Because belly dancing requires a lot of flexibility, it's very important to stretch beforehand. It reduces the likelihood of a lot of avoidable injuries. Other than that, it's quite safe.

"And lastly, my posture's improved since I began belly dancing. It brings a lot of body awareness, which can help for people with bad posture. I also find that, when someone's more toned, they're a little more confident, and when they're a little more confident, they're less likely to slouch or hunch their shoulders. Thank you for asking, and I hope that answers your questions." She nodded a last time to show her appreciation for the question.

Questions petered out, so she bowed and took her leave. If others had further inquiries, they could find her in the crowd easily enough — she still wore a costume full of coins that reminded everyone exactly when she walked. Elsewhere in the crowd was Adel, who she'd seen shortly before her performance, and she imagined he would want to meet her now. Surely enough, he was there as she walked down the aisle.

"Did you enjoy the panel?" She asked as an icebreaker.

nuxaz
i didn't get a quote but i saw stari's ended so i figured you would want to open room 1 by now? if not, i can edit! otherwise i figured if ada had more questions, she was welcome to chat up ayesha some more

beejoux

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:59 am
As the last set of panelists went on, the rest of the convention began winding down. Once Ayesha's had concluded, she'd find herself thanked with someone slipping her a business card, a comment about how her performance outfits could make an interesting display at a fashion show if they got that up and running or how they might want to request another performance.

It was casual, nothing solid but perhaps the potential promise of again.

H & H would find themselves with a surprisingly big crowd, several bright-eyed faces who were eager to see some girl who kicked butt in competitive gaming, including a bright blue-haired girl who'd slipped in and lingered in the back, somehow keeping all of the questions from pouring out of her mouth in rapid fire.

There's be time for that later, probably. Other people needed their turn first.

((OOC: The convention has officially 'ended'!

Because of the late start for the final panel, players are welcome to continue to interact with the Girls in Competitive Gaming panel a little while longer but the request is to please have it formally wrapped up around 8/9 PM MST!

Characters may mill around, but will eventually be shooed out by the event staff!

You may consider this your fin for this overarching thread or you may take your exits at your leisure.

Please remember it counts as one regular for requirements.

Thanks!!))

strickenized
there was actually an uneven number of panelists, so yours got 'extra' time but wrap up now is perfect! adaline would love to bother her later. she has questions

noir songbird
wrap up around 8/9PM MST please!

frayedflower
same as above!

Nuxaz

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:50 am
Rory Willows

"That's good," she said, relieved that things had been relatively uneventful for Otto. "I mean, not for like, Miss Argent, but for you." She didn't know enough about the infamous Ally A to have an opinion. She vaguely knew that the woman was a member of their organization, but that was about it.

She didn't know that she cared to find out any more, truthfully.

"Oh!" She pulled her bag into her lap and fished out some of the small snacks she had packed because she'd never been one to spend money unless it was planned and why buy expensive convention food when she could bring her own things.

"I have some food, almonds, grapes, stuff like that." She offered a few ziplock bags over. "Maybe we could get dinner after?" It wasn't planned for, but Rory could work the budget out, she was certain.

beejoux
can exit soon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:42 pm
Adel el-Kader

He was smiling up at her as she descended the steps towards him, hands sunk into his back pockets and thumbs hooked loosely through his belt loops. It was a sincere effort to keep dark eyes from dipping to drink in the costume, the body beneath it. Every curve and plain that belayed better than any words just how seriously she took the craft. If she were trying to be alluring for him it'd have been another story, but he didn't read that from her body language and he kept his gaze respectfully above her collar bones.

"I did, very much so," he confirmed smoothly, falling into place at hr side but not not so close as to crowd. Things were still a bit awkward between them, still very new. "You dance very beautifully, which is no surprise considering how passionately you've spoken about it in the past. It was a pleasure to watch, and quite engaging. I'd be interested in learning some of those moves."

A flick of his eyes up to the clock on the wall showed the convention not quite winding to a close, but not far from it either. "Are you free tonight, after you finish up here. I was wondering if perhaps you'd be interested in grabbing an early dinner." Perhaps more. A movie, or a walk. A bit of shared time together to try to bridge the gap left by a sudden betrothal.

strickenized
I'm sorry for the delay! @.@

Otto Moor & Reven

Pale brows rose as she pulled her bag into her lap and Otto laughed as she produced a number of ziplock baggies with various snack foods sealed inside. Not that he should have been surprised, Rory reminded him of a girl scout, or maybe a boy scout... Which was it that had the motto about always being prepared?

Didn't matter.

Reven leaned in to give the bags an interested sniff before sinking back into Rory's lap with a resigned huff. "You couldn't have brought any beef jerky, or candy?" Anything a little less healthy.

"The panels are just about done, and I don't think I have to stick around after so dinner would be totally doable." He plucked up the bag of almonds. "Until then this will do just fine. Thank you, sweetheart. You're a lifesaver." In more ways than one, or so he'd been told. He was still a bit fuzzy on the details. "I dunno what I'd do without you." The arm stretched across the back of her chair dropped down to her shoulders to give her a one armed hug.

"You'd be dead, probably," Reven muttered from the girl's lap, but Otto didn't seem to have heard her.

nuxaz
Fin with an assumed dinner meet up after?

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:29 am
Adaline Prescott in Room Two

She had made it to the room late, which was like super annoying, but she couldn't bring herself to leave the belly dance panel too soon because it was so fascinating and she'd made note of the chick's name and practice or whatever because it was def on her list of things to google ASAP.

There were so many questions she wanted to ask and things she wanted to look into but there just wasn't enough time so when the nice lady wrapped up she slipped out of the room and into the other one, eager to hear all about the girls in gaming.

It was always, always fascinating to her to see girls step up in traditionally male-dominated areas. Girls were great and equality was even better.

And there were so many questions she wanted to ask but didn't get a chance to because like woah the line was long and there wasn't enough time with how late she'd gotten in but she'd plopped herself next to a younger girl and nearly sighed dreamily.

"Man, isn't it like so cool that they get to do this? That there's even a panel for this? I knew Ally A was like, progressive but this is just great. Don't you hope we see more stuff like this?" She was speaking in hushed tones but was definitely talking to Raina.

seiana_zi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:52 am
Raina Araya - Room Two

This panel was amazing. As a hopeful competitive gamer girl herself, there were only so many places she could actually listen to and hear other competitive gamer girls. She appreciated that Destiny City was as large as it was -- the fact that there seemed to be enough prominent girls to actually hold a panel at a local convention didn't miss her notice. It was why living in Destiny City was so great. Even if there were shitty things that made it so she had to be a superhero wandering the streets when she could get away from her mother, it also had opportunities like this one--

There was a part of her that wanted to ask some questions of both Ironwing and Hellhall, but that line filled up fast, too fast for her to think of a question and join the line, and she knew it wouldn't be worth her time to bother. She'd just end up standing on her feet for ten minutes and being antsy and then she'd get cut off from asking any questions and then she'd just be sad and that wasn't any good when she was in such a decent mood.

She still wanted to listen to all the questions, though.

Raina leaned forward, listening in close to the other people, even if it may have seemed she was antsy because he legs kept right on swinging. That was, until she heard someone else next to her speaking to her. Huh? Oh, right. More like this. "Yeah!" replied Raina, simply, before turning her attention back to the stage. They were talking. She couldn't help replying once more, and murmured, "I'd definitely love to see more competitive girl gamer things." But that was the end of it she wanted to listen to the words on stage.

In fact, if asked anything else until the end of the panel, Raina would let out a, "Shh!" Not because she didn't like chattering, but because dammit this was important.

This was going to be her career some day, and she had to soak up everything she could! This might be her only shot.

Nuxaz

Seiana_ZI

Codebreaking Conversationalist

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:20 am
Ayesha Kamjik

She knew he was trying — that much was evident in the lavish complements, in the space allotted to her during via their unusual circumstances. He express interest in her craft, which would've warmed her if they met differently. As it was, she wondered if he said so solely to smooth relations between them. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't — she didn't know him well enough to make that guess. And if it was just to smooth relations, was there really harm in it? How many white lies had Ayesha told over the years, and how many of those came back to hurt her?

"I'm afraid teaching dance is very different from teaching language. I can make some demonstrations like you saw on stage," she turned slightly to gesture to it, "but for formal lessons, you're better off with some of the names I mentioned. I spent a lot of time learning under Natalia; she's a wonderful teacher." Likely he wanted private lessons, however. From her.

He could work his way there. Perhaps in a year he could have his private lesson.

"Dinner sounds good," Ayesha conceded. "I'm always hungry after a dance. She raised her hand for him, expecting an elbow upon which to rest it, and walked in tandem with him toward the exits.

beejoux
fin to dinner![/quote

Past Events Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas