Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[COMPLETE] Home Base Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
saedusk rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:28 am
Scrying: 8 + 5 (bonus) = 13

As new at all of this as he was, Eli was grateful for Leila's instructions. Though he'd been prepared to wing it, this made him feel like he might actually be able to accomplish something. He breathed, he tried to push the doubt from his mind. If he wanted to be any help to Oliver, who he continued to worry about, he'd have to get his s**t together.

"How can you be so calm?" he asked Horace, turning away so their backs were pressed together. Eli wasn't sure if working together was best accomplished scrying with the same viewing surface or simply scrying in the same place, but he wanted to give it a shot on his own at first. That way he wouldn't risk messing up Horace's cast until he got the hang of all this.

He breathed again, deep, relaxing back against Horace. Maybe emotions were contagious, but just existing like this made him feel so much calmer, too.

They had to stay calm. They had to help Oliver.

"Okay..." he mumbled to himself, pulling a small compact mirror he kept in his bag for fixing his hair or adjusting his makeup. It was part of Leila's instructions that speaking out loud might help the focus, so he did. Hopefully it wouldn't interrupt Horace too badly...

"I want to see... this... this Ezra fellow and what he was doing last night, the night before everyone was summoned here to remake the charter."

After this attempt, he'd probably ask Leila to describe what Ezra looked like. He honestly had no idea.

[Buffs]
Calm emotional state +1
Mirror scrying +2
Clear goal in mind +2

shibrogane
The Semblance of Unity

iloveyouDIE rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:38 am
Wil ran thumb over Trouble's head as the squirrel moved from his head down to his shoulder. He would keep him safe, safer than he may be if he'd gone with Nasir. Having both animals was a comfort and any uneasiness about things sort of drifted away, as they always did with Wil, in the presence of something else to do.

"Thanks.." He said with a small smile to Eve as she handed him the paper and he read it over. He'd never done it before but it wasn't far off from the magical methods they'd used while creating the frame.

Wil had his own ways of focusing, starting with pulling out his electronic pen and sucking lightly on it. It was smokeless and would help him concentrate on the task at hand. Next he turned the paper over and began to sketch. He sketched quickly, with a knitted brow, Ezra's face from memory. He never forgot an interesting face. There was also a sketch of the Burning man, though he was literally just a firey figure, but since they'd discussed the possibility of other personalities controlling him.. perhaps it would be helpful to think of him as well.

The fetches were on good on their word to provide materials and Wil chose a small mirror and tucked his drawing under the edge as he found the quietest corner of the room he could, away from others. He thought of Ezra how he last saw him, replayed the instance in his mind. It was crisp as his inability to share it had imbedded it in him.. Perhaps the offending man had a home base of some sort.

Wil closed his eyes and concentrated, never finding mediatation to be difficult, Where did Ezra go after he left me? After he took my print?

[BONUS]
Calm Mind +1
Clear Goal +2
Ezra Boon +4
Quiet Space +2
Mirror +2

Total: 19
Group Total to Here: 44

shibrogaxne

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
cibarium rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:40 am
If it weren't for the dire circumstances through which Eve had met the fetches of the Court, she would consider the space they were in a small slice of heaven in the otherworld. Felt was easy to talk about magic with in a way Eve hadn't realized she was craving in a conversational partner, especially when she had a question or needed a suggestion. Their conversation turned to the stones Felt had been arranging and ultimately ended with Eve obtaining some pieces for her work: amethyst to enhance perception, fluorite to promote focus, and selenite for clarity of mind.

With some help from Leila she situated herself on the floor. Eli had a clever idea with using a compact mirror, and decided to copy him, retrieving her own and setting it in front of her crossed legs. The stones were placed on top of a scrap of paper on which she had written: Show me what the Noble Ezra is doing right now. Then she steadied her breath, focused and waited.

Calm emotional state +1
Mirror scrying +2
Clear goal in mind +2

total: 11

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:57 am
The Semblance of Unity
As Horace stares into the silver plate, his eyes start to water. And in their watering, he sees...

Ezra, in what looks to be a green field, the burns crawling and spreading across his skin, his skin peeling back and the flames beneath licking out. He tries to stop it, holds surgical-scarred hands up to his face to cover the places where skin has torn and gapes open. "NOW YOU NEED ME," came from his mouth, "NONE OF THEM ARE SAFE. JUST ONE MORE, EZRA, AND I'LL FREE YOU."

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:04 pm
saedusk
Eli gazes into the compact mirror. It's a small frame to work with, but it will apparently do. Between blinks, a dark-haired man snaps into view. He's in the living room of a small house, white walls, dark furniture. On the brown couch is a brown girl with frizzy hair and wide, expressive eyes.

She makes a gesture. It's not rude. It looks like some kind of fingerspelling. There's no sound, but Eli can see them talking, and he can see Ezra pulling out a thick sheet of paper. At his side is a heavy canvas messenger bag, but the sheet--Eli can't quite see the sigil from there--didn't come from it.

The brown-haired girl puts her thumb on the sheet and winces.

The image disappears, a television turned off.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:12 pm
iloveyouDIE
When Wil next opened his eyes to look in the mirror, he saw Ezra leaning over a gate to unlock it, a heavy canvas messenger bag tucked under one arm. "Girls," said Ezra, "I'm home," and the twin teens running to meet him, one grey-haired and the other dark.

"Father," said the dark-haired one, stopping to curtsey before throwing her arms around him. The grey one didn't stop at all. He hugged both of them just the same, and the flesh of his face began to burn away. They didn't seem to notice.

"My sweet girls," said Ezra, "We're nearly there. I'll give you back the world they took from you."

"We know," said the grey one, from where her face was tucked beneath Ezra's chin. "We trust you."

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:18 pm
cibarium
The stones, the mirror, these were excellent foci, and through their recombination the image that formed in Eve's hand-mirror was sharp and clear, though there was no sound:

Ezra seemed to be at home. Or he was in a familiar space, anyway; his comfortable posture and the fact that he was playing his guitar seemed to indicate that. His hands were stiff, but the burns didn't look especially horrid. In fact, far more noticeable were the sharp lines of scars and dull lumps of screws beneath the skin.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:19 pm
scrying round over.
your total: 55
hunt thread multiplier for the next round: .55

you may return to scrying  

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

cibarium rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:48 pm
Along with the instructional handouts, Leila had passed around paper for people to take notes on what they saw, and what scrying methods seemed to work best for them. (She also shredded up a tiny piece for Friend to snack on.) She was keeping busy doing small things to help others out, because the task at hand required one to be focused and calm, and she was not calm. Her guilt and worry over Ezra were excruciating. The room kept disappearing around her as she dwelled on their last meeting in his courtly domain, and the sight of him free of burns in her and Eve's scrying bowl.

She sat down in a quiet space away from the rest of the group and wiped her eyes with a bare hand. Then she smudged the tears (and a stray eyelash) aggressively all over a mirror Eve had helped her pick out from the supplies made available, because the tears of a seer seemed to have helped before so why the ******** not do it again.

In the end she couldn't think about Ezra at all, because it led to questions about the future that terrified her. If the young Ezra Fitzpatrick was saved from the Burning Man, what then? She didn't know him at all. She'd replaced the Leila who did. She was, in some way, partly to blame for him becoming possessed by the Burning Man in the first place. He had every right to hate her and Eve both.

Leila turned to a fresh page in her notepad and wrote down her question:

I need to know what the Burning Man has planned. What is he doing with the consent given by our thumbprints?

Mirror scrying +2
Clear goal in mind +2
Quiet working space +2
Access to an "Ezra’s X" power +4

total: 18

a-disgruntled-dragon rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:14 pm
[ Scrying: 3 + 6 = 9 ]

Mirror scrying +2
Clear goal in mind +2
Quiet working space +2

She watched Alexis run off after a portion of the group, watched people she'd interacted with before and genuinely liked, disappear into the abyss to go find Erza, or the Triplets. She reached a hand out after them, wanting to go, wanting to be a part of the action. Her hand fell to the side.

Erin didn't matter, not really. She was just a tech people brought their computers to.

She quietly took the sheet from Leila and found a quiet corner to sit in, away from everyone. She could deal with her problem later. Maybe with a giant sword or explosion or use of magic that was actually useful. For now she'd.... scry.

Creating a mirror was simple, and she sat it against the wall and began to write her question. Not on a piece of paper, but in the air, a thin purple line following the path of her index finger.

I need to know where Lord Ezra has kept the original Charter signer's thumbprints.

shibrogane

a-disgruntled-dragon

cibarium rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:04 pm
"Playing the guitar right now," said Eve, almost fondly, as she watched the brief live feed given to her by the mirror. There was a pleased look on her face as well at the spell well done: she was the type of person who could be proud of her work in virtually any circumstance. "You've sold me on crystals better than anyone ever has," she said amiably to Felt. "Would you mind helping me get some tea going?"

She moved back up into her chair and to an unoccupied table to have her tea. It was a ritual-specific blend she'd brought along as a gift for Noah, Noel and Silk on the chance she'd have a moment with them before or after the Charter casting, but involving it in her scrying struck her as a better use of it at this point. However, Eve did (of course) offer a cup to Felt. There were a few empty cups placed nearby for anyone else interested in having some as well.

It was a little bitter -- but that was by design.

On a new piece of paper, she wrote: When did the Ezra Fitzpatrick of this world reawaken? How did it happen?

Then she arranged the stones and mirror in the same way she had on the floor earlier.

Calm emotional state +1
Mirror scrying +2
Clear goal in mind +2
Quiet working space +2

Total: 8

The Semblance of Unity rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:29 pm
Total: 10 + 8 (bonus) =18 (+20 to total score)

"After me," Horace spoke suddenly, looking up from his dish. "I can... see Erza - he said 'now you need me', that none of them are safe, something about freeing Ezra. There's so many separate layers to Ezra." He swallowed. Eli's back pressing against his was comforting, and he never thought he'd say that about touch. He felt like he was floating in the reflection of the silver plate he held in his lap, weightless, tethered only here by Elliot. He swiped the hem of his shirt across the place again, banishing any traces of the previous vision.

Right, Ezra's charter, for lack of a better word, needed a focus, needed some sort of thing like Melany. A counterpart. Horace traced his thumb over the silver surface, murmuring his request aloud. He left no print on the surface. "Show me what the burning one is using as the other part of his spell. Show me his components, focus." Whatever it was called. His back felt warm.

Quote:
quiet +2
calm +1
mirror +1 (its not quite a mirror?)
ezra boon +4

saedusk
eli u the best back rest
shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain