Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Archives
〖 the cast ▿ an avatar contest ▿ winners pg. one 〗 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:09 pm
    Hey Sherry -- the image isn't showing up because Photobucket is a phailure... Do you still have the image? Could you upload it to another site, such as Tinypic or Imgur?

BagaSherry
    User Image
        Username: BagaSherry
        Team: Evermore
        Villain's Backstory: She's mad, she's crazy. "Oh dear, why are you here when I'm being mad, it's your fault getting near to me when I'm mad, yeehahahahahahahahaaaa!!" tearing off someone favourite toys infront of their eyes was one of her hobby.
        Entry: User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:17 pm
    Updated + points reported!

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:30 pm
Ebania
    Your best bet would be to visit our Archives subforum and look at avatar contests from the past six months or so. 3nodding

Darkerdemons
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Quoth the Demon, 'Evermore'.
    ninja Is there any chance the guild has a record of avatars that were submitted for past events? (I figured it was unlikely, considering the number of entries for all the past events, but no harm in asking, lol.)

biggrin Thank you Ebania. Will know where to check in the future now.

The avatars I am interested in were probably from 2016, Team Edelysia I think. A bit too long ago, lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:37 pm
    Found them for you! emotion_bigheart

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
    Username: waterinthegaara

Avatar Image Link: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
    Caption: Since the second I joined Gaia I've loved all the bunny and cake items, so I tried to go with my usual theme of cute baker, but in Edelysia's colours! I like to imagine she'd wander the forest, talking to the animals and foraging up delicious ingredients~
    Username: LyricalBunny

User Image
    Username: DinosaurOfDoom

User Image
    Username: Kristelly Grise

User Image
    Username: frickinmuck

Darkerdemons

The avatars I am interested in were probably from 2016, Team Edelysia I think. A bit too long ago, lol.

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:46 pm
Ebania
    Found them for you! emotion_bigheart

Avatar Image Link: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
    Caption: Since the second I joined Gaia I've loved all the bunny and cake items, so I tried to go with my usual theme of cute baker, but in Edelysia's colours! I like to imagine she'd wander the forest, talking to the animals and foraging up delicious ingredients~
    Username: LyricalBunny

User Image
    Username: DinosaurOfDoom

User Image
    Username: Kristelly Grise

User Image
    Username: frickinmuck

Darkerdemons

crying You're too good to me. Thank you for locating and posting those avatars! The images bring back a lot of fond memories.

Is there any chance the avatars from the main event contest are still lingering around as well? I am interested in the backstories for these avatars:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:58 pm
    Not at all! It took two seconds to look up, as I have all of last year's threads on hand for reference. 3nodding

I'm about to go watch the season premiere of Game of Thrones (!!!), so I'm gonna peace out for a bit, but in the meantime, here are all of last year's avatar contest entries:

Contest Entries

Human Base Entries:

User Image
    Username: WaterKat33
    Team: Lucanata

User Image
    Username: Auriga La Shock

Username: LotusInChains
    Caption: My avi is dressed as a Sorrowsprite.

Avatar Entry: human (fantasy - mermaid)
    Username: mistymountaingirl
    Caption: Serena the Sea Siren. She calls to the sailors but don't listen to her, because she will lure you with her beauty and song, then spear you and take you down to the bottom of the ocean, where you will be another trophy on her coral wall.

Username: yummycupcakessparkles
    Caption: A queen with a beautiful dress lives in a castle made of gold.

Username: mistymountaingirl
    Caption: Melty Misty got lost in the woods. It's dark and she's scared so she looks to the moon and silently mouths her prayer for help. Suddenly, the night time fairies, looking like silver butterflies, appear and begin to guide her to safety.

User Image
    Username: Darkerdemons
    Team: Edelysia
    Caption: Deep within the Darkling Forest of Edelysia dwells a mysterious spirit. This silent guardian watches over all living things that live within its territory. Despite it's sinister appearance, it has a gentle soul and ensures lost travelers are safely guided through the forest. If you're lucky, you might catch a glimpse of it watching you from the shadows.

]Avatar Entry: human (fantasy - monster)
    Username: Excelscia
    Caption: Gheist .... She is the guardian of souls lost. She wanders the graveyard offering her protection and guidance. She is a fierce guardian with a soft heart for those that are lost.

Username: eclaire5
    Caption:
    Barbara went to the shire to study bunnies. She became so engrossed in her study that she changed her name to Bunny and has actually, now, become a human bunny. Her family is concerned and considering an intervention.

Username: eclaire5
    Caption: Mother of Dragons

Username: Mesanah
    Caption: Mesanah of the Fae, Guardian of the Lake of Dreams deep within Darkling Forest

Username: Kusanagi Kashimoto
    Caption: "Aetherius", a noble prince from Lucanata together with his magical spirit familiar "Zid". Checking how much time did he alreeady spent on defeating the enemies outside Lucanata's fort.

Username: Kusanagi Kashimoto
    Caption: "Aetherius", a noble prince from Lucanata together with his legendary horse "Damascus". There's one thing I know and sure about him... He is handsome sweatdrop rofl .

Special skill: Edge of Divinity
    Prince Aetherius winks at his target with a beautiful smile making them feel relaxed, very comfy and positive in any kind of situation... rofl xD

User Image
    Username: Mesanah
    Caption: Mesanah of the Fae, Guardian of the Lake of Dreams deep within Darkling Forest

Caption: A noble-turned-adventurer, she can't ignore her undying love for eating apples! She's also a little vain and refuses to cut her hair into something more practical.

User Image
    Username: sdrawkcab
    Team: Winterheim
    Caption: A good fairy of the realm. She brings luck to those who find her. ...She's rather easy to spot against the dark, leafy forest backdrop.

Paw Base Entries:
    User Image
    Username: Auriga La Shock

Avatar Entry: human (fantasy - dragon)
    Username: Excelscia
    Caption: Lord Smog... He is a fierce dragon that guards his realm with loyalty.

User Image
    Username: Darkerdemons
    Caption: Of the many fairies fluttering around Edelysia's Darkling Forest, this little gal is a bit on the wild side; she enjoys zipping around and making other fairies laugh at her antics. If she happens to make a passing visitor smile, all the merrier!

Caption: Deep within the desert that stretches along the Lucanatan and Edelysian border are a tribe of arachnoid warriors called the Pyre Spiders. Known to keep to themselves but fiercely territorial, it is best not encroach upon their land.

User Image
    Team: Winterheim
    Caption: Just your average cyclops, he spends his days scouring the mountainside for flowers to give to any passing humans. He doesn't understand why they always run. He just wants to have them for dinner-- erm, over for dinner.

Darkerdemons
    crying You're too good to me. Thank you for locating and posting those avatars! The images bring back a lot of fond memories.

Is there any chance the avatars from the main event contest are still lingering around as well? I am interested in the backstories for these avatars:
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Quoth the Demon, 'Evermore'.
biggrin Hooray! There the avatars are!

I have only seen season 1 of Game of Thrones, lol. One of these days I'll have to get caught up. Enjoy the premiere and thank you again for locating the avatars.
Ebania

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:27 pm
Ebania
    You have to register for a team before I can let you enter. It'll only take a minute of your time. blaugh

Lenasa

Awww! I was reading through them, idk which one to register with, but I will do that.  

Lenasa

Fashionable Gaian

12,675 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Lenasa

Fashionable Gaian

12,675 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:30 pm
Ebania
    You have to register for a team before I can let you enter. It'll only take a minute of your time. blaugh

Lenasa

Ok, so I did the random number thing - I got a 2, so Team Grimoire. I am going to add that to my original post.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:50 pm
    Added your entry and reported points! Thanks for registering. smile

Lenasa

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Lenasa

Fashionable Gaian

12,675 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:53 pm
Ebania
    Added your entry and reported points! Thanks for registering. smile

Lenasa

Thank you and no problem. Sorry again about not registering before!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:50 pm
Hi Ebania,

My entry for the Villains contest had a reference pic that unfortunately, due to Photobucket becoming money grubbing with little warning, is not accessible. I am giving a new link for the reference pic here. Could it please be added to my entry? Thank you.

http://www.fredericsdurbin.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/The-Last-Unicorn-back1.jpg  

Lady Beldandi

Questionable Milk

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:56 am
    Updated! Thanks, Beldandi.

Lady Beldandi
    Hi Ebania,

My entry for the Villains contest had a reference pic that unfortunately, due to Photobucket becoming money grubbing with little warning, is not accessible. I am giving a new link for the reference pic here. Could it please be added to my entry? Thank you.

http://www.fredericsdurbin.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/The-Last-Unicorn-back1.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:39 am
I can't wait to see who won!  

Emalthya

Anxious Lunatic

36,525 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Magical Gems 500

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:07 am
    Hey Sherry -- I'm not sure if you saw my previous post where I quoted you, but in case you missed it:

The image links you provided don't work because Photobucket is no longer a free image-hosting service. If you still have those avatars / images saved, you'll have to upload them to a new image-hosting service -- I recommend TinyPic or Imgur -- and share those new links with me. If the images are still in your Photobucket, I think that you can download the individual images to your desktop and upload them elsewhere.

I intend to select winners by Thursday morning, so you have until then to provide me with new images, or I'll have to proceed and judge the entries I can see. Thank you!

BagaSherry

☆ Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces