Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kingdom Hearts: Beyond the Door (1st KH RP GGN)

Back to Guilds

Originally known as Kingdom Hearts : First Generation, we pride ourselves in our literate KH roleplays & community. 

Tags: Kingdom Hearts, Roleplay, Literate 

Reply KHBTD : Kingdom Hearts Roleplaying and OoC
A New Generation : Questions, Suggestions, and Discussions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who will you be playing?
  An original character
  A Kingdom Hearts character
  A Disney character
  A Final Fantasy character
  Characters from multiple backgrounds
View Results

Psalm Grasshopper

18,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:07 pm
fractalJester
On the topic of lightsabers, to have at least some semblance of fairness, I'll probably include a caveat that enchanted objects can't be cleaved like an ordinary item. If so, it'll also probably be based on the strength of the enchantment on said item; a blade that has a basic fire enchantment will probably still be cleaved, but, say, armor that's been enchanted by a high level magus, or something that's been enchanted for a long time, will be safe.

Basically, it'll probably come down to age, strength, and source. If it 1) is old, 2) is powerful, or 3) comes from a powerful source (whatever that may be), it will withstand a lightsaber as if it were a normal blade. All it needs is one of those traits.

Can we have this added to a more visible/easy to find place, so I don't have to go digging for it. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:15 pm
Good call! It's in the Troubleshooting post now :3

Sorry it's taking awhile to see the profiles, new year's has been busy x-x  

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200

Psalm Grasshopper

18,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:30 pm
No worries! I had the day off, and I had two cups of coffee, so I'm rather wired. XD Looking forward to gaming.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:22 am
Just a head's up on Vereor--he's mostly just a backup villain if we need someone or I'm looking to stir up some drama. If he seems a little insanely powerful, well, villainstuff and etc.  

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:07 pm
And now that we have at least a handful of characters, I've gone and opened up the RP, so it's all fair game :3 I'll try to put up an 'opening post' in the next few days, but it wouldn't affect anyone much, anywho.

Another side note: feel free to use this thread, or PMs, to try to work plots out with one another! The entire point of roleplaying is writing with other people, after all, so have some fun with it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:11 pm
I'm just wondering how our battle system will be working? Do we have to count our own stats and HP/MP?  

Faerdhinen

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:20 pm
Faerdhinen
Where would we be posting? I'm new to how we are doing the formatting and such.

You'll be posting in the actual New Generation roleplay thread, found here.

As for formatting, you're mostly free to format in whatever ways you want, we just ask a couple things to make it easy on everyone else:

• Begin each post with a location tag that generally follows this format: [ Name : World : Location ]. Feel free to use whatever symbols you want (parentheses, brackets, curly brackets, colons, periods, etc), but this way, people can see which posts are near them or not near them.
  • Try to keep the font sizes from 11-13. 10 can be too small on some resolutions, and 14 can be too big on others.
  • Make the color easy to read. We're on a plain white background, so if you make the text too bright, it might force people to highlight your post, which can be frustrating.

So for instance, this is a common post format:

Quote:
[ Inira : Traverse Town : First District ]

"This definitely isn't Redwall..." etcetc

Faerdhinen
I'm just wondering how our battle system will be working? Do we have to count our own stats and HP/MP?

There's no strict battle system or set of rules to follow. I'm letting people play how they want to play, and trusting them not to break things too easily or too often.

If that happens, though, they'll just receive a visit. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:24 pm
That makes sense :3 So I will wait until an opening post is up so I at least have something to base my grounds.  

Faerdhinen

Psalm Grasshopper

18,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:58 pm
Gonna throw an intro post up, or do you want us to just start posting?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:42 pm
Honestly, the more and more I try to put up an intro post, the more I realize it won't really work too well? Especially if people start in different worlds at different times and stuff. If you guys wanna start posting, like I said, go wild, I'll probably at least try to make an NPC post soon.  

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200

Faerdhinen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:04 pm
I'm going to start posting then, I really want to rp with people :3  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:19 pm
Went ahead and tossed up a small little post for Traverse Town  

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200

Psalm Grasshopper

18,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:52 pm
Awesome. I'm gonna post as Mickey here in a second.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:08 am
For Agrabah, is there a timeline I have to follow? Or could I say "this is the time before/during/after the first Aladdin movie'?  

Psalm Grasshopper

18,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Faerdhinen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:44 am
Hmm, got to wait till everyone gathers before anything really actiony happens XD  
KHBTD : Kingdom Hearts Roleplaying and OoC

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff