Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 01 SDRP Academy
SDRP Academy General Discussion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Roy T Inane

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:25 pm
Thornwick

Hey, this stuff is pretty good. Sometimes I wish I had learned to draw when I was younger, but I honestly don't think I have the coordination for it.

I'm all about fiction, too, but for a long time I've just been reading fantasy novels. I was looking for a quote of the day to put up one day when I ran across one from Terry Pratchett. It was: "If you are going to write, say, fantasy - stop reading fantasy. You've already read too much. Read other things; read westerns, read history, read anything that seems interesting, because if you only read fantasy and then you start to write fantasy, all you're going to do is recycle the same old stuff and move it around a bit."

And I realized that he was right! My favorite thing about him is that he takes ideas and concepts and styles from so many different genres and he mashes them all together so perfectly. I'd love to be able to write like that someday. So I took that advice, and right now I'm trying to read my way through The Brothers Karamazov. I haaaaaaaaaaate stopping my marathon through the Black Company books, but I really would like to branch out a little more.

What was your rough draft about? I started writing a book with my friend, but I have to do a lot of editing for him, so that takes up most of my time on the project.

Hiacinth

Man, six monkeys. Between you and Paranormal Teddy, I shouldn't even have to do any work. I can just sit back and let you do all the legwork!
What about you? What kind of stuff do you like reading? What do you watch the most on Netflix? I tried to learn how to play the trumpet recently, but that fell through.

My life is all about learning about networking right now. I failed out of my language school (!ولی من خیلی هنوز بودم), so now I'm at another one. It's interesting so far. All my hobbies are fairly typical: Reading, writing, music, video games, fantasies about being spiderman. Normal stuff. I haven't done a roleplay in a long, long time now. I miss it some days.

Trance Harper

Rhododendrons are one of the easier flower names out there ;p

Are you kidding?? I'm guessing that you're at least 8 monkeys smart  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:32 pm
Roy T Inane
Paranormal Teddy

That's cool. What did you make them out of? I'm terrible at art, too, I've got a pretty limited skill set, hahaha.

How does the math work in the game? What sort of math does it deal with, what are the mechanics?

Meh... just paper and pencil (and colored pencils). Drawing is one of my favorite passtimes... yeah, I was just doodling and then they said I could do it, so I was excited.

It's just like... solving equations, inequalities, volume and surface area, that one thing where you have to find the hypotenuse of the triangle (can't remember what it's called...), and some easy stuff... nothing terribly difficult.
Basically, you have to get the question right in order to roll. If you land on a reward space, you pick a reward card, and if it's a punishment space you get a punishment card (?). If you get it wrong you also pick up a punishment card.

Bearanormal

Otherworldly Bear

17,150 Points
  • First Fall 15
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

Roy T Inane

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:36 pm
Paranormal Teddy

I getcha. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that that actually sounds too hard for me, hahaha. I see the word "surface area" and my eyeballs immediately glaze over. I could talk about grammar points all day with somebody but as soon as the word math comes up my brain clocks out.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:39 pm
Roy T Inane

That's probably why I haven't written a thing; I've been reading everything. So, yeah--that's really good advice! I'll give it a try, thanks. 3nodding

As much as I'd like to discuss my rough draft, I feel that I shouldn't say anything other than I'd chosen a modified steampunk setting to house all the characters. Sorry. sweatdrop  

Thornwick

Crew

Fashionable Lunatic

21,050 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Bearanormal

Otherworldly Bear

17,150 Points
  • First Fall 15
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:40 pm
Roy T Inane
Paranormal Teddy

I getcha. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that that actually sounds too hard for me, hahaha. I see the word "surface area" and my eyeballs immediately glaze over. I could talk about grammar points all day with somebody but as soon as the word math comes up my brain clocks out.

Oh, sorry. To be completely honest, I make a lot of silly mistakes in the equations and the last one I said isn't always easy for me either... and inequalities are sometimes hard, depending on the numbers.
Ehehe, Grammar isn't really my thing... I mean, I'm not terrible at it, but it's not exactly my strongest subject ^^"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:45 pm
Roy T Inane

No checking out on work here, buddy! cat_talk2hand Lol, I love any and all fiction books pretty much, but I tend to stick more to YA fiction. On netflix, I'll look up some of those "Best [movies/series/dramas] on Netflix 2014" lists and just go through them. Also, Bob's Burgers and MLP emotion_awesome Pity about the trumpet! Playign instruments is a great hobby. I play clarinet myself.

What sorts of video games and books? I'm dabbling in writing myself emotion_brofist What language?

I actually just started RPing. emotion_yatta  

Hiacinth
Crew

Feral Fatcat

18,875 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200

Kitsune Shi no Shi

Mewling Lover

8,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:06 pm
Ahhh, hi! I'm Iris and I'm like a 4 on the monkey scale! I love drawing and watching let's plays on youtube, haha. I hope we can get a huge roleplay going; that would be tons of fun! cat_3nodding

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:07 pm
Paranormal Teddy

Ha! That's okay, it's not your fault I'm bad at math!
I just started reading a grammar book one day, it was probably just the author and the way she wrote it, but I found it to be a very enjoyable experience, learning about comma splices and prepositions.

Hiacinth

I like to do that myself. Just google "best x" and look for the top result.
I looooooooooooove Bob's Burgers. I recently started watching Archer because someone told me it had the same main voice actor, it is really funny, haha.
I like the whole gamut of video games, I'm really really bad at fighting and sports games, though. Smash Bros. is about as deep into fighting games as I get. I like all the typical stuff, Zelda, Mass Effect, Halo, Half-Life, the older Final Fantasies. Some days I feel like shooting stuff, some days I feel like playing an RPG, some days I just want a really good story. A lot of my favorites are from the early generations of Nintendo: Link to the Past, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, FFVI, Fire Emblem, stuff like that.
My language was Persian Farsi, they speak it in Iran. It was a fairly interesting language, but with an arabic alphabet, and I was never super interested in the culture.

Oh yeah? Well, welcome to the world of roleplaying! Let me know if you have any questions, I used to be a preeeeeeetty good writer.

Hiacinth

I totally understand! My friend is the same way with the idea that we're working on right now, he hates even talking about it in public, haha. Well, if you've ever got anything less serious that you want to have edited, send it my way! Nitpicking is one of my stronger suits, hahaha  

Roy T Inane

Newbie Noob

goddess_of_the_night13

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:07 pm
Roy T Inane

Hallo there!~ You may call me goddess or, more commonly, night. :3 I do so enjoy a good rp and a little fun with magic~ Though to be honest, I prefer a good demon. Demons are my favorites. Don't judge. I loooooove a good roleplay (in case I didn't mention it) though sadly don't have much time anymore=/ Though I try posting at least once a week. (shhhhhh.... I haven't been doing that lately!!!) But now that I just got out of school I hope to post more often!~ My life just gets randomly crazy xwe""" But anywho~ Yes, love magic, love demons, love roleplays, love writing, reading (total fiction all the way. Fairies, angels, demons, witches/wizards, fantasy, all that funs stuffs~ ), drawing (not that good at it!;o ), and cats. I love cats very much. Oh! And randomness:3 Sooooooo yea. Let me know if you want to know anything else:3 For now, I'm off to post then bed!~  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:14 pm
goddess_of_the_night13
wizards

yessssssssssssssssss. we will talk more later, you and I

Kitsune Shi no Shi
Ahhh, hi! I'm Iris and I'm like a 4 on the monkey scale! I love drawing and watching let's plays on youtube, haha. I hope we can get a huge roleplay going; that would be tons of fun! cat_3nodding

I do love a good let's play.

What kind of roleplay would you be into? I want something that's kind of vague enough to fit everybody's wants, but with some definite direction.  

Roy T Inane

Newbie Noob

Hiacinth
Crew

Feral Fatcat

18,875 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:22 pm
Roy T Inane

It's a good way to find hidden gems on there, bogged down under all the crap. I'll have to check out Archer then, if it's as good as all that!

Ugh, sports games emotion_drool I prefer to shoot up zombies any chance I get. Plus Minecraft. But I could get into a good story game. I never feel like buying any games, but I have definitely sampled many different kinds through demo. I *did* have a few Zelda games for my DS tho. Persian Farsi?! emotion_jawdrop wow, I only know a bit of French! I'll be sure to hit you up for help cat_wink

goddess_of_the_night13

Hi, Night! I noticed you draw! Sadly, I don't think myself to be very good either, but I just started to seriously give it a shot so cat_rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:45 pm
Roy T Inane

The cake is always here, the last rp I tried to get in the person in charge didn't like my profile so I asked what could be done to fix it and never herd back from them again( probably ignored me)  

Lacy Rose the Cake

Timid Gaian

3,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100

Roy T Inane

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:54 pm
Lacy Rose the Cake

I hate when people just disregard things without providing constructive criticism. You can't fix something if you don't know what the problem is!

Hiacinth

Shootings zombies is always great. Minecraft is too! The only handheld Zelda's I've played are the Ocarina of Time remake and the Link Between Worlds (both of which were awesome).
I wish I knew French! You'll have to teach me sometime.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:04 pm
I'm off to shower, do a bit of reading, and then checking out my bed. Gotta start my new classes tomorrow, pretty exciting stuff!

Feel free to keep talking amongst yourselves or leave me some messages RE: that gigantor roleplay!  

Roy T Inane

Newbie Noob

Trance Harper

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:19 pm
Roy T Inane

C:

01 SDRP Academy

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash