Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [PUB] Umande'mfuni
[ORP] Pain and Conflict - Kiuma and Tanaka arrive Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:02 pm
User ImageHe wrinkled his brow apologetically at the news of Suli's behavior, "It's quite alright, the young ones around here havn't quite learned how to behave themselves." He cleared his throat, glancing back in the cavesto where he knew Kisu was evesdropping on the situation. Glancing back he rolled his shoulders back and dipped his head once more to th female as she made her introduction.

"Yes, I am not suprised that you've been here long. Many have turned to this pride from the outside lands. Things must be dangerous... or perhaps too many cubs have lost their families." He glanced back to the others, smiling softly, "What brings you to these lands? A potential home, just passing through, or perhaps you're looking for someone?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Tanaka snorted as he watched Kiuma, his eye narrowing at the silver lion before them. While she had bowed to this so called prince, the white lion was not willing to do so yet. However now free from the irritation of the cub and with the sight of the beautifully calm and elegant Kiuma before him, Tanaka's mood calmed and his temper ebbed.

Talons at last retracting, the great lion stepped forward to stand at Kiuma's side, his green eye never leaving Maji, sizing him up. This lion was definitely on the odd side, probably had too many magik shrooms, but at least he seemed sane...maybe.

"We're just passing through, traveling the world as it were. Though I must admit I have been curious about what has become of the great Umande'mfuni pride and their lands."

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:05 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Kiuma nodded along with Tanaka's words, her tail swishing idly. "From the stories I've heard of this place, its normally far greener than it is right now. And the cub mentioned a drought...? Seems odd to me." The lanky adolescent settled back on her haunches, red eyes half-lidded, but watchful.  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:21 am
User ImageMaji remained quite calm as the other male sized him up, standing with his head held at a comfortable level, not lifted up as one might expect from him but not at all lowered, his eyes had no hesitation looking into the eyes of the other two. At the inquiry of the pride's current state he slumped a bit, taking a short glance to the sky, "Ah yes.. welll... it was quite lush when I was a cub, but over time the rains never came. I fear the storm king is cross with us though for what for I cannot say." He tilted his head to the side a bit, "Many lions have returned here, others were just rogues but we've welcomed them to the land... however I'm afraid if things continue the way they do we might have to refuse any that come and ration out what we have."  

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Tanaka snorted, storm king indead. Mortals actually believed the gods game a damn? They couldn't care less about their own much less about the mortals they used only for entertainment.

"Or maybe he just doesn't care."

The great lion's tail flicked behind him with the curtness of his reply.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Kiuma purred as she smiled to Tanaka, more a showing of fangs than any expression of happiness. She remembered what he had told her, the reasons for his scars. And that little stripped goddess they had met hadn't improved her opinion any. Tanaka's story had touched her deeply, and she wasn't one to forgive when someone she cared for had been hurt.

Still... it wasn't right that this 'storm king' should be withholding rain from these lands. Making his followers suffer like this... he must be a truly foolish god. "Why do you stay, Maji?" She said as her crimson eyes turned back to the grey lion. "This god hardly seems worthy of having you here. Why don't you just leave, find somewhere better to live?" Her tail kept up its restlessly sweeping as she sat, soft round ears perked.

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:51 am
User ImageThe question caught him off guard. Leave? How could he? "...this place... is all I've ever known." He said at length, tilting his head to the side slightly, "I don't remember anything before it... no family, no pride. When I woke for the first time, this place was there to greet me. It kept me alive, provided for me, and in a subtile way taught me its wisdom... to abandon it now would seem wrong. Outside of the jungle the world is a blank to me... I dare not venture out." Probibly not the best idea but he'd never really had reason to leave the safety of the jungle. Beyond his lands lived unruley rouges, the firekin, and dry lands.  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. This time the sound that came from Tanaka was one of disgust, almost as if he had spat on the ground.

"You're a fool. Those who cling to the past do nothing but condemn themselves to a bitter death."

The idea of staying in one place was a foreign concept to Tanaka, to him it was pure foolishness. For this lion to insist on staying in this dying land and worshiping a god that couldn't care less about him...ugg...Tanaka couldn't decribe even to himself how much that disgusted him. Had he not been thrown to the mortal realm, he might have just killed this lion just to spare him the trouble of living as a fool.

For a moment the great lion didn't know whether to feel disgust or pity for this silver lion, maybe he felt both.

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:04 am
User Image"The past is responsable for many of our scars but much of our wisdom... to ignore the past is to turn your back to all that you've learned through your life." Maji frowned over to the fallen god, "This land will become fruitful again one day, I've no doubt in it. The lions here have done no wrong and we've come to live a peaceful life. To leave would to condem them as well... many of them now have families, young cubs that would never survive a journey away from the safety of this place." He shook his head, "We remain. There is no question to it... if need be I will travel to find a new source of water for us, but this is our home."  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:26 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The red lioness shook her head at the gray lion's stubornness. Sure, it was their home, like the Pridelands where her home. But if it became unlivable, she wouldn't heisitate to leave and find a better place. Those cubs he spoke of... wouldn't it be better to brave the journey and find a place where they could grow unimpeeded, or to stay and slowly die of hunger and thirst? Sure, this wonderful, dying land might one day return to its former glory. But would the lions here be able to survive in the time it took?

Foolish of them, to cling to a familiar past from fear of a new future. They should be thinking about what's best for the pride, instead of what they'd be leaving behind. The adolescent snorted softly, shrugging her shoulders. There was nothing she or Tanaka could to to change his mind, it seemed, so she changed the subject.

"You speak of others, Maji. Why havn't we seen them in all of our time here? Like we said before, you are the only adult we've encountered."

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Tanaka took a step forward, rising to his full height. Perhaps no one had noticed that he was somewhat slouched before, his posture relaxed until that point. But now the massiveness of the white lion was impossible to miss. He was towering, much larger than a normal lion, not only in height but in breadth, and his lack of a full mane did nothing to diminish his appearance.

"Don't you get it, the gods.don't.care. Your storm king couldn't care less if you live or die."

His voice a low growl, he was growing tired of this conversation, stupid lion. He turned as if too disgusted to look at this pitiful creature. If it hadn't been before, his lone tattered wing was vissible.

"How pathetic...you fear the future so much that you cling to a heartless being and a dying land. Your blindness will lead to the destruction of your pride."

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:32 pm
User Image"The gods don't care?" He quirked a brow, "My very existance voids that opinion in and of itself. If they did not care why did they give this price a chance at redemption? If they did not care why do I recal the past of this pride, the language, the prayers, the writings? I doubt even you, a wingless god..." he glanced to the lone wing, seeming unimpressed by the show, "Can read or write. YOU do not care, gods like YOU do not care. I am not a fool, and I remember the tales of lions who have lost their faith and loyalty to their gods. They are punished, cursed, barbaric beasts living in scorced lands, under cruel tyrants, and forced to bend to the whim of basic instincts. We are not those lions." He wrinkled his nose up, standing himself up and tossing his shoulders and head back to make himself appear larger, "We are a blessed people and though the land is suffering now it may be a test of faith. My pride may abandon me, the waters may dry up and I may die a fool but I can stand before the judge of souls and proudly claim that I was loyal to the end."

He took a deep breath, glancing to the lioness with a softened expression, "I'm sorry for my temper...these are hard times for us all it seems."

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:11 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Then tension in the air was high, enough to make fur stand on end, and into this tension broke a sound most unusual. Kiuma laughed, brightly and uninhibited. Her blood red eyes sparkled with it, her whole face lit up. "Boys, boys! Debate gets us no where but into an arguement. We shall have to agree to disagree it seems. We can not persuade Maji from his views, and we don't have to share them, since we aren't planning on staying."

The red adolescent rose to pace towards her companion, dipping her head as she passed infront of him. Brushing her shoulder against his chest, she let out a low purr. "Come, Tanaka. You can't tell me that you really care enough to keep argueing with him when his mind is set." Her voice was low, ment for his black ears alone.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:59 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Tanaka threw his head back, the laugh that split his jaws was harsh, cold, malevolent, demonic, a sound that echoed from the depths of hell itself. There was something in the air, something dark, ominious, evil, a cold air that would chill even the most courageous. It was like a nitemare brought to life, a horror awakened from the deepest depths of the abyss. It surrounded and emminated from the white lion, this nitemare was real.

"Pitiful mortal, so blind, so naive. Faith has nothing to do with it; you are simply a plaything, to be used for the gods' amusement, nothing more. Perhaps you have forgotten that it is the virtueous that meet the most gruesome end, I should know, I killed them."

His last words were punctuated with a menacing grin, his tounge dancing over one fang like a vampire with the taste of blood.

The demon would have said more, perhaps would have struck out, were it not for Kiuma's touch. His eye narrowed, one ear flicking as she spoke, the chill in the air fading as his mood shifted, his voice low.

"Perhaps you are right," he rose his voice just enough for the silver lion to hear him, "such a pathetic creature is not worth my time."

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:50 am
User ImageMaji did his best to hide the discomfort he felt in the god's laughter though the wince, bristle of his fur, and the flattening of his ears were clear signs that it had indeed shaken him. Perhaps he was a fool... perhaps he was nothing more than the god's plaything. At times he had wondered the same thing... how they'd drawn so many to him, drawn her to him, bound his heart to a lioness who, once content with her share, would leave him and take with her the only family Maji had the chance to have...his children... he would never know them nor them him though they'd have the small fortune of hearing something, even if it was bitterness, from their mother. He didn't even know how many he had.

"A fool perhaps....", he answered quietly, no more malice in his tone than he had when welcoming him though there was the bitter choke of pain in his tone now, "But if this false hope is all that a fool has in the world to give him reason to live then allow the fool that small pleasure."

He straightened himself up, clearing his throat, "I've had my say here... and you yours. I hope you find what you came for...." The silver lion rose to all fours, turning himself away from the pair, "As before... you are welcome... but respect our resources...they are few and there are cubs about who are in greater need of them than us. Good day to you both."

With that he began down the side of the rocks, his ears pressed sharply back into his mane as he made his way down. The lion's words bit at him more than he'd give them the pleasure of seeing.

[PUB] Umande'mfuni

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff