Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [ Journals ]... // Player Forum
[J] Xun Jiang :: Ti Lung Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:47 pm
In Requiem

It was her last day in Azeroth.

She knew that there would be no coming back after this – at least, she wouldn't be coming back as herself, as the woman that called herself Illisia Shadowmoon. This was the last time she would see her homeland with her own eyes.

Perhaps that was why Glyph was leaving her this day – so that she could see everything one last time, and leave without regret.

She had first wandered Darnassus itself, with no true direction – simply walked the streets, took in the sights, the greenery that had been renewed as Creation's influence had spread to the worlds once more. A sight closer to what Darnassus should always have been. It replaced the image she'd last had in her mind before leaving, during the Weeks of Gehenna – of a Darnassus slowly unravelling onto itself, breaking apart bit by bits, of a dying world tree. Image of grieving night elves replaced by more happy faces.

She went to the temple one last time, looked at it from the outside only. It had regained some of it's former glory, but not all of it. One day, it would. At least, she hoped. She didn't go inside, not yet – she heard the voices inside – official matters being discussed, and so turned and left. She would not leave before saying goodbye to her friends, of course, but she still had all day.

After that, she left, through the gates, and into the forest. She retraced her own steps, the steps she had taken weeks before, walked along the path and finally deviated from it, until she reached the graves again. The stone of her late husband had been cleared of the wines, and near it, there was a small sapling shooting out of the ground, it's growth having been accelerated by Forest's influence.

Had she been able, she would have given her own magic to it, but she knew herself unable. Instead, she knelt, and kissed the fragile leaves adorning it.

“Grow tall and strong for me.” She whispered, and then looked at the grave once more, reaching out to touch the cold stone with slender fingers. Fingers that had slid through the hair of three different men across millenniums, fingers that had bandaged the skinned knee of her child, fingers that had held a blade gripped tightly, fingers that had closed wounds through the power of nature. Fingers that had brought both life and death.

“I hope you rest well, Illthior.” She whispered again. The beloved that had passed on, while the beloved of the present was likely walking these woods for a much different reason. Both important, both very much a part of her. “I cannot go where you are now. My fate is different. But I think... you'll understand. I will make sure our son lacks nothing.”

There were footsteps, and she looked up – and wasn't surprised by who she saw coming her way. She did take the time to get back on her feet before Meridia came beside her.

”I thought you'd be here. I saw you at the temple earlier.”

“I didn't want to interrupt.” She said, simply.

”I know. But it is good that I knew where to find you. I wanted one last moment alone with you. My best friend. Always...”

There was silence in between them, for a brief time. Meridia reached her hand out, and Illisia took it.

”Illisia... He is... growing stronger, is he not ? Your... god.”

It was no surprise that the high priestess had noticed, really. “Yes, he is. We have issues keeping our thoughts completely separate now. I feel like... It won't be long now.”

”It was an odd fate that you sought for yourself, Illisia.” Meridia sighed, her hold on Illisia's hand growing tighter, as if with that admission, the druid might have vanished at any moment. ”An odd fate indeed... But I will honor it nonetheless. Maybe in time I will understand. But even if I never do... You will not be forgotten, Illisia. I will not allow it.”

”Meridia... Stop it. Please...” No, no, she didn't want to hear it. Maybe it was stubborn, maybe it was unfounded, but she was still scared, still worried. She didn't want to hear about all this, not here, not now, not... ever.

”They will know, my dear friend. They will know of all the sacrifices you have made. They will know all that you have lost, and all that you have gained. They will know that you left into the unknown to find answers where no one else had the courage to do so, and returned with more than that. They will know you as a hero, Illisia Shadowmoon. They will know that among all of us... You are the one that the gods chose, in more ways than one.”

”Meridia... D-Damnit, Meridia !” Illisia protested, fought back against the tears that wanted to spill out. ”Stop acting like I am already dead !

She does not know, does not understand, Illisia... She heard the dragon's thoughts, and forced herself to ignore it. They couldn't help it anymore now, but she refused to be distracted, now.

”I know you are not, but... you will leave today, with your Forest. You will go back to your destiny, hopefully to your son, and today will probably be the last day I will see you. When you step on the boat to Kalimdor later... When you finally fade in the horizon, you might as well be already dead as far as I know.”

Iliisia wasn't sure what to reply to that. In a way, Meridia was right. She could not know what happened back at the pantheon, there was no one who could tell her if she yet lived, or when exactly Xun Jiang had taken over her body and started to make it her own.

”This is how I will heal. This is how I will carry on your memory, my friend. Please... don't deny me this.” The high priestess finally said. ”I will remember you, my dear friend. We will all remember you... You will be remembered long after I and Kaltyrian have moved on. We could have lead our people together... But... Fate had a greater intention for you. It was hard to accept at first, but... It is easier now that I have seen it for myself. That I have seen the power Forest wields. Had it not been for him... Teldrassil would have withered and died, and our people with it, most likely. If the price for the survival of my people is the woman I hold dear... Then... I figure I will have to accept it. You've always told me I should never let our friendship cloud my judgement.”

She couldn't help her tears now, and she leaned in, onto Meridia. The high priestess leaned in, closed her arms around her friend. ”I will try it, my friend. But there is one thing I will do. Should the child I bear be a daughter... She will have your name.”

”You're... such a sap... Meridia.” Illisia managed in between sobs. ”Thank you...”

”Let us go, now. Glyph is waiting. You both have to go soon.”  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:49 pm
Mother and Son

The trip back to the Pantheon has been more or less free of hurdles – both her and Glyph had been loaned mounts for the journey back and that, paired with Forest's sense of direction, had made it so that they covered ground extremely quickly. Lindita had been right where she had been left, faithfully guarding the Door as she had said she would, in spite of their long absence. There would be explanations, Illisia had promised, once they were... home.

And then, with a few steps, they were back, in the pantheon hallway, as if they'd never left at all. She separated from Glyph with a quick kiss before returning to her quarters, eager for some food and then sleep, in an attempt to make the dragon's thoughts quieten, if only for a few hours.

She didn't get that. Instead, as she wandered downstairs, she got so much more – she saw a flash of emerald green hair and deep purple skin, and for a moment, her heart stopped. She stared, as if not trusting her own eyes.

He was here. He... He...

“Elik !” He was here. He really was. He'd come, just as Ashoka had told her, and it hadn't been too late. “ELIK !!!!”

Finally, he turned. They looked at each other for what seemed to be forever, then, finally, Illisia ran to him. He caught her and hugged her close, the pair looking much more like siblings than brother and sister.

“Mother !”

“I am so glad...” She whispered, lingered in her son's embrace, but when she finally let go, his hand brushed against the gem, and she was reminded of the elephant hiding in the room. Explanation time.

”So that is... ” Illisia rose an eyebrow, confused. Did... Did Elik already know ? “I... I know. Adrienne found me. She... told me. With Rio.”

Oh, Adi. Dear, dear Adi. To think that she'd not only keep looking, but eventually found and brought her son to safety in her absence was heart-warming. “I see... I wanted to tell you myself. But...”

It is good that they did. In case it had been too late... The dragon completed her own thought for her, and she shivered a bit.

”Are you alright ?” Of course Elik would notice, voice heavy with worry.

”Yes. Sorry... I just... I owe you quite an explanation, don't I ?”

”Well... I would certainly prefer to hear it from you. They all could tell me how, but none of them could tell me why.”

Reasons, reasons. Would Elik understand ? ”We'd better talk in private, through.” She squeezed his hand lightly, reassuringly. ”Come on.”

And so she lead her son back, upstairs, in the room that was her's and would eventually be Xun Jiang's. Elik couldn't hide his own wonder, and she waited for the moment to pass before both mother and son settled in the grass, and she explained him everything, the best she could. The pull, the call for help. She explained meeting Creation, eyes full of wonder and voice full of awe and deep respect that was not completely her own. She told of the gods she'd met, of the voice of the dragon always dancing in her thoughts. She spoke of Glyph, of Azeroth, of the changes that had happened here. All relevant, if he decided to go home.

She did not speak of failed hosts, nor did she speak of how soon she felt the change would be.

”Mother, I...” Elik shook his head. He could feel the truth of his mother's words, and to hear directly from her that this was what she wanted was soothing. Not that he hadn't trusted Adi, but... To hear it from Illisia made it just the slightest bit easier to swallow. ”I am not sure if I truly understand.”

”I didn't expect you to.” She said, voice soft. Sometimes it felt like the only two who truly understood was her and Xun Jiang. ”But I wanted you to know that no one forced this on me. I knew exactly what would happen, knew before the gem was even in my hands, and this is what I wanted.”

”I will have to find solace in that, I suppose.” Elik's ears drooped a bit. It was hard to tell what he was thinking.

She couldn't ask her son to take well to Xun Jiang, or even to like him. But still, she hoped those things might happen. Eventually. One day.

He would need time to heal, to recover from the loss, to... to mourn.

It was impossible to escape the thought that her time was limited now, but yet she stayed, listened to her son tell her his own story, and knew it was time well-spent.  

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:50 pm
Missed You~

Meepfur
Unsurprisingly, it didn't take long at all for Adi to hear that Illisia was home, and it took even less time for her to come dashing down the hall, sliding to a stop in front of the familiar door before knocking hurriedly. Oh, she was so excited! And curious, too. Did she know yet? Had she seen Elik yet? Did Elik know yet? She almost hoped the answer was no, because she wanted to see the look on the night elf's face. But if it was yes, that was cool too! The important thing was that she was here, and she was still Illisia, and they'd all get to see each other!

Oh, someone hurry and open the door~

Zero Dream
Illisia, actually, had been sleeping.

But time waited for no werewolf, apparently. The knocks woke her right up, and the night elf wandered along the stone path, not bothering with any lights - she certainly didn't need them !

"Ahhh, hello, Adi !" Illisia beamed, stiffling a yawn. "Good... morning ? Evening ? Oh, im not even sure." She let out a small laugh. She'd more or less fallen back into the patterns of being awake at night and asleep at day of her race, which explained her relative absence since her return.

Meepfur
The werewolf wasted no time in all but attaching herself to the druid, subjecting her to a gleeful squeeze-hug. "You're home!" Adi was utterly unapologetic about waking her friend. She hadn't seen her in so long! "Have you seen him yet? Have you?"

She released Illisia, mostly so she could bounce. Oh, oh, so happy!

Zero Dream
Illisia comically almost lost balance, though somehow her innate grace saved the two from face planting on the grass. She dragged the young werewolf inside once she was all but attached to her.

Seen him ? Seen... Who ? OH. "I have ! He was here when I came back." Watching the little girl bounce made her smile. "Im just glad that he's here, and that he's safe, and that I..."

,,,No, probably better not to tell her about that. "Well, im just glad he's okay." She smiled. "You're been taking good care of him, I hope !"

Meepfur
"Of course! I found him out in the woods, and I brought him here and told him everything!" Which Illisia probably knew already, but Adi had to brag a little. She also hadn't so much found him as happened to encounter him, but that was a minor detail. And when it came to minor details... "You didn't tell me he had a beard."

The young woman giggled. "We've been having lots of fun." Well, she had. She just sort of assumed Elik had. "Did you? What was it like?"

Endlessly curious, especially with all the time she'd had to wonder after her friend.

Zero Dream
"Well." Illisia gave her best mock-pout. "You didn't ask, did you ? Through, I am certainly happy you were able to rescue him." She let out a small laugh. As if Elik didn't know how to take care of himself !

Well, she figured it was okay to pretend, if only for a moment.

"It was..." Good lord, how could she explain all this ? "It was a little complicated... Very sad, but it also made me very happy. It turned out my people needed Glyph's help, so it was good that he came with me." She downplayed her own involvement, and ignored the dragon prodding at the back of her head the best she could. It was nearly impossible to keep their thought separate, now.

She wasn't entirely sure where she ended and where he began, anymore.

Meepfur
There were some things that Adi, at the tender age of almost four, didn't fully understand; the experience just wasn't there. Real loss was an almost foreign concept, one she grasped but didn't know, and the idea of her own ending was nonexistent. But she tried, embracing Illisia a little more gently than before. Hugs helped! And also distracted her from thinking about when her teacher wouldn't be there anymore, an eventuality she'd pretty much ignored from the start.

But the elves had needed Glyph? Ohh, that was exciting! Well, it wasn't precisely exciting that they'd needed help in the first place, but it was good for Glyph that they'd needed help, wasn't it? She didn't even ask whether or not said help had worked, because it didn't cross her mind that it wouldn't have. "Are they going to follow him now, do you think?"

Zero Dream
"I believe so." Illisia said with a small smile, patting the top of her young student's head. "It was a good thing. They definitively needed someone like him. I think... things will be fine now. They have hope."

It was the only thing she truly needed, right ? The assurance that everything would be fine ? Yes, she decided. It was the only thing she had wanted. Her taking on the now strong god in the back of her mind had been exactly for that reason.

She was combing along Adrienne's long hairs, now lost in her thought. Should she say anything ? Would it be better if Adrienne didn't know what she was now rather certain of ?

"Hope." The word came out like gentle waves, though the voice hadn't been Illisia's. And for a moment, she looked confused. Or was that Xun. "Oh, my apologies." He hadn't meant to talk out loud. Or... Well. It seemed he had taken control.

Whoops.

Meepfur
"Awesome," Adi approved, "That'll be good for Glyph, too." Gods did need followers, after all, and though he had aoidei and one wannabe-aoide, he needed mortals.

She was leaning contentedly against her teacher, always happy to have her hair played with, when a different voice interrupted. Oh! Surprised, but not disturbed, she looked up at Xun/Illisia with a smile. She'd never officially met the dragon, and she greeted him with the same enthusiasm she did any new friend. "Oh, hello!"

Granted, it was a little weird, and a reminder that one day Illisia-the-night-elf would be gone, but there was no reason not to be nice.

Zero Dream
"Well, hello then, little one." Came the answer, a smile tugging Illisia's lips upward. This had been happening rather frequently for the last few days, but never when someone had been around ! At least she didn't seem too bothered.

"Illisia will probably pop back out in a moment." He said, his voice soft like rolling waves. "I think she got lost in her mind a little." At the same time, he was gently prodding. Illiiisia...

Awkward, indeed.

Meepfur
"It's okay. I've never gotten to talk to you before." Adi's tail wagged gently. She didn't mind...although she might have, a bit, had she known how little time she had left with Illisia actually as Illisia. "So it's nice to meet you!"

Zero Dream
"It is indeed." Through, really, Xun had been in the backseat of pretty much every meeting in between her and Illisia, so it was odd to call it a meeting. As it was, the young lady was rather familiar to him.

It didn't take long before Illisia's expression turned sheepish. "Sorry. I was thinking." Those were the moment when Xun often came forward without realizing it. "He wasn't too naughty, I hope ?" She joked, trying to lighten her own embarrassment.

Meepfur
Ah, there she was! "Of course not," Adi assured her, giggling. "He just said hi, really. Does that happen much, he comes out when you're thinking?"

Zero Dream
"It happens sometimes, usually when im thinking, or not paying attention." She pretty much resumed when she left off, starting to braid part of Adrienne's hair. "He doesn't mean it, I don't think. It just... happens. It... only started happening recently."

She was still having her mental dillemia. Should she ? Shouldn't she ? Such was the question. Her son knew, of course. "He's getting stronger, so it's a good thing."

Meepfur
Adi, even half-drifting as her hair was braided, did manage to connect those dots after a few moments of silence. Xun Jiang was starting to come forward when before he hadn't, he was getting stronger...the hints were enough that she got it.

"Does that mean...?" In the face of conflicting emotions, she managed to remain rather calm, but it was sad and it was new.

Zero Dream
"Probably." Illisia answered, after a conflicted moment. It was better if she just knew, and it would have been unfair to burden the dragon king with having to break the ice with her. "But it's okay. He'll take good care of me." She smiled, through her own smile was sad, as she finished the braid, then unwound a bit of leather from her glove to tie the end off so that the braid would not come undone... too quickly, at least.

Meepfur
She'd known her whole life what happened to hosts, had always known that she couldn't have Illisia forever, but it was easy to ignore the future. It wasn't today, so what did it matter? There was time, time to learn, time to love, time to just be. But there wasn't anymore. What did she do now? What would she do when her friend was gone?

The braid finished, Adi turned to hug her teacher, differently this time. Not so tight, with her cheek pressed to the night elf's chest. She cried, quietly, and didn't try to stop.

"I'm glad you came back." A moment, and she amended, "I'm glad you came."

Zero Dream
...Oh good lord.

Her arms wrapped up around Adi instinctively, and Illisia did nothing to make her stop crying. It was something that needed to happen, and she would let it run it's course.

"Im glad I came, too." She said, softly. "Im glad I got to know someone as amazing as you, Adi."

Meepfur
Illisia thought she was amazing? Really? It meant more than she could grasp to know that the night elf thought that. Adi didn't stop crying, but it did slow, eventually, enough for her to snuffle out a promise to her friend.

"I promise I'll be a good druid, and I'll take care of Glyph, and..and Elik too, if he stays." Not that he really needed taking care of, but he'd be sad too, wouldn't he? Even sadder. And if there was anything she was good at, it was being happy, even when she wasn't really.

Zero Dream
Illisia made no effort to make the little girl stop crying - these feelings had to come out, and there was nothing to do but let the pain run it's course until it was over, so that the wound would start healing.

It didn't make her feel any better about causing this in the first place, but... How many hadn't gotten one last chance to see who they loved ? How many hadn't gotten the chance to say goodbye ?

No, it was better this way, than the alternative. "Please do." She said, softly, continuing to run her fingers through her hair. "He might be subborn about it... But he will need you."

And Glyph... She had no idea where he had gone, hadn't seen him since they had returned. She wasn't sure if there would be enough time... "Glyph will need you, too."

Meepfur
As much as she'd always wanted to grow up, to be an adult, she'd never wanted this, never the hard parts. To love someone and lose them... Adi hugged closer and asked softly, "Can I stay awhile?"

Could she just fall asleep, then wake up and have everything be okay again?

Zero Dream
"Of course." She said gently, running slender fingers through the girl's long white hair. "You can stay, dear." She could stay... As long as she had left, as far as Illisia was concerned, but she refused to let Adrienne see, if it was at all possible.

They had time, through. She knew this without even asking the god within her, and it was both exciting and utterly terrifying. She moved forward to land a soft kiss on Adi's forehead.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:52 pm
Aqua Blue

Eventually, Adrienne had awoken and left, probably to inform those who had cared about her of what was now only a simple matter of time. When had the young werewolf left ? The night elf didn't remember, couldn't remember. Time seemed meaningless all of sudden, as if she'd both run out of it and had no longer a need for it in a single stroke.

She'd seen her son again. She'd seen Adrienne, through the meeting had been bittersweet, as the young werewolf had become aware that the end of Illisa as she knew her neared. She wanted to see Glyph again, one last time, but now she knew the last of the dragon's secrets – he'd been holding back, staying scales and claws, for as long as he possibly could.

He couldn't hold back much longer.

But that was okay. That was enough, the logical part of her mind said. She couldn't ask for more, when so much had already been freely given.

Her heart still longed, wanted one more look, one more hug, one lass kiss... To breath in the scent of greenery that was undeniably Forest one more time. But there was nothing that could be done about it, nor now. It was too late.

She'd been laying in the grass for... How long ? It didn't matter – not anymore. All that mattered was the cool, soft grass under herhis body, covered in morning dew even through there was neither morning nor sky to allow it to happen. All that heshe heard was the sound of the lake, the sound of the waterfall to herhis left.

The lines in between 'we' and 'I', 'you' and 'me' were blurring, and Illisia couldn't help but fight it, to try to pit herself against the other in an useless, doomed kind of resistance. One that she would lose and erode herself in if she kept it up. He was too strong now, too alive for her to fight. Xun Jiang could have simply pulled, taken without warning to avoid it, but he did not.

Why are you afraid ? He asked.

I don't know. She answered.

I do. He continued, voice gentle and soothing.

The unknown. You fear it.

Understandably so, for a mortal. You do not understand what it is we must do.

Let me show you.

herhis eyes closed, and heshe brought the other deeper, within. Closer and closer and closer until she reached where he has been resting all this time.

There was nothing but water here – a limitless body of water with no end, no sides, no up, no down. And yet there was no gasp for air, no water entering the lungs. No need to breathe even, in such a place that existed and yet did not.

There was no need for air here.

Then she felt it – a wave, the shadow-shape of a large asian dragon circling her. Sometimes, as he circled, the scales glimmered a pale blue, but otherwise there was nothing but shadows and darkness in those features.

So much lost...

She reached out to touch the scales, and the shadow-shape suddenly gained definition – mane turned a bright blue, vivid. Scales were also blue, but more muted. Deep blue eyes looked at her, gentle and patient.

Apart, we are weak. A mortal girl and a dragon who has lost much.

But together...

Together, we will be strong again. We will grow and become again.

Because you are the one that I needed, for so long.

Another wouldn't have done what we are about to do.

I tried before, and it did not work.

Do you understand now, my dear ?

The dragon rubbed it's scaled face against the other's cheek in obvious affection. Just as she had seen flickers of his self, now she saw flickers of what he knew.

The love he had for his brothers, stronger than death itself.

Strength, both of spirit and of the body.

The need to nuture, cultivate, and share life.

The will to take it if there was truly no other way.

A father.

A mother.

What he was.

And what he wanted to be.

Yes.

I understand now.

The dragon coiled around her, scales dancing against her bare skin. They felt right... They felt like something she had lost a long time ago and now had finally found again, even if that was completely impossible.

This is an end, in a way.

But yet this is also a beginning.

Come.

Let us be.

The dragon curled just a tiny bit tighter, resting muzzle against the elven woman's forehead in a way that was not unlike a kiss.

And then, gently, he pulled.

And she followed – letting go of all her fears, all her worry, and all of regrets. They were discarded as soft purple skin melded with scales, until there was nothing visible left of the woman once known as Illisia Shadowmoon.

And the holes within herhim filled – not all of them, but the bigger ones.

But that was not all. No, the mortal body that awaited back outside the gem space wasn't enough – wouldn't be enough for what they had become.

So they rose back to the body again, to face this.

Together as one.

--------------------------------------------------

The first thing he did when 'emerging' from within was draw a sharp breath – as if he'd forgotten how, and only now remembered that he had to. The whole body felt hot, uncomfortable. Something within trashed, wanted out.

Push.

The tail came first – a sharp push, breaking the skin as the tailbone extended into as proper tail – the newborn appendage lengthening and covering itself in scales – dark at emergence and lightening to near-white at the tip. When it had reached it's full length, spikes shot out of the tip like sharp, white-hot needles – skin forming in between them to finally form a proper fin.

Illisia's braid came out loose – the leather cord snapping under the force of the hair shifting, moving, tugging, going from proper hair to what resembled a mane more than anything else.

A faint burning sensation came next, as the color of the eyes shifted – from a pale, moon colored silver to a water-hued blue, more fitting, more telling of the dragon that now rose again from gem and the metaphorial ashes of his first failure.

For a moment, he believed that this was the end, that this was over, through suddenly his midsection ached, pulled, threatened to simply snap and split in two.

Wha-

At each side, thin lengths of bone and skin suddenly tore free of their prison, the god letting out a sharp, nearly animalistic growl of pain. They covered themselves in scales much like the tail had. From them extended more, then membrane, then spikes.

Wings. Wings not feathered, like those his brother Zhijian bore so proudly, but scaled, web-like, the kind one immediately associated with dragons.

He hadn't remembered that.

Then I will wear them just as proudly as the fangbridle wear his own.

At least, the legs – his legs – tickled, covering in an odd scattering of scales, and then...

And then, it was over.

And just as he had done on that fateful day, he welcomed the darkness as unconciousness pulled him within it's grasp.  

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:53 pm
Learning To Wait

Meepfur
It was a strange situation Alice now found herself in - beyond strange, really, when one got down to the details - dying, essentially, and knowing it. What did one do in the meantime, while waiting for a goddess to assume control of their body and consume their soul? While it had been her choice, the very concept remained somehow disturbing. The implications, the eventualities...thoughts she dismissed over and over again, not liking to think over them. They were useless, a waste of time - something now limited. But what was there to do? It wasn't like she'd ever formulated one of those ridiculous 'bucket lists,' and even if she had, she likely wouldn't have been able to do much of it. Places to go, things to see that probably didn't even exist anymore. She wondered, often, what had become of the Castle, of her friends, but could only assume that her home was no more; she could only hope that her friends were safe, somewhere. Somehow.

For the moment, however, she had found distraction. If she was going to die, she might as well enjoy herself a little, and to that end, she had found herself a furry friend: a dog, some large and scruffy stray that was still young enough for her to 'adopt' with relative ease. Kyrjadis did not precisely approve, since the animal would doubtlessly outlive Alice, but she said little on the matter. She could hardly begrudge her host the comfort of a pet...at least it was only one. The woman plainly adored dogs, it was clear from her memory, both recent and far-past. If it made her feel more at home, she was welcome to it.

Her host was, at present, playing some haphazard game of tag with the brindle canine, alternating between chasing and being chased through the gardens of the Pantheon.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Alice wasn't alone, through the other hadn't seemed to have taken notice of her yet. It was, perhaps, a walking contradiction.

The two had met, yet they hadn't. Not like this, at any rate.

In ways the form was familiar - perched on top of a rock, balancing with an elven ease, twilight-colored skin and long ears. In ways, they were completely different - eyes turned different shades of blue rather than silver, purple hair that once was kept in a near braid now tinted with deep blue and resembling more a mane than anything else. To say nothing of the wings and the tail - the latter currently dipping in the water of the pool, as if to test it's temperature.

Getting clothed was an achievement in itself, and he had simply overlooked it for the most part - a very simple shirt and pants with carefully cut holes, which made no effort to hide the body's gender at all.

It all seemed a moot point, through, because it all got wet a second later, when the dragon let himself slide down in the water.

Meepfur
With all the water around the Pantheon, Alice should have seen it coming, that the dog would go diving in sooner or later. Sooner, it turned out. He ran into the very same water the Dragon King now occuppied, although he didn't notice immediately. He was too busy splashing and bark bark barking at Justice's host. Wouldn't she chase him into here? It would be fun!

No such luck. The woman was too busy staring at the now-vacant rock. Someone had been on that a second ago, and they'd looked a little familiar. She stopped near the edge of the water, breathing quickly after her run, and waited for the person in question to resurface.

The mutt trotted merrily through the shallows, jumping and whapping at her with a mucky paw. Alice fended him off with a wordless sound of correction before frowning down at the dirty streak on her shirt. "Not cool, buddy."

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.At least, Xun Jiang seemed rather amused by his newfound visitor - he watched the dog paddle back and forth from under the water, making sure not to resurface too close to the beast in order not to frighten it. Too much, at least.

Had it been one of his brothers, he might have just pulled them underwater. Fun. Well, fun for the river dragon in his element - probably less fun for the others. Save perhaps Shen, wherever he may be.

Ah, well. There would be ample time for mischief later. Now, he finally noticed that he had company.

The dragon tilted his head to the side, face framed by wet locks of mane-like hair. Wasn't that... Oh, yes ! He remembered her !

Through, it seemed, he'd been right. If he was feeling the mana around her own correctly. "Your dog ?" The voice wasn't Illisia - it was low and soft, akin to gently rolling waves. "Ah... Alice, wasn't it ?"

Meepfur
The dog was momentarily surprised by the appearance of someone from under the water, but soon bounded in the stranger's direction until he was in water up to his chest, wagging the fluffy tail he carried arched over his back. Looking from one person to the other, he barked his excitement. Could it be he had two people to play with now?

Oh, it was Illisia! But even as she started to form the name on her lips, she realized that wasn't the case. The sound was wrong, the feel, and she knew enough to know that this was a god now, not the night elf she'd met. Somewhat like David and Glaucon, but without the drama of seeing it happen in front of her.

It took her a moment to answer. "Ah, yeah." To both questions. "I didn't realize Illisia was...well."

A host. Not that she'd quite been aware of them at the time.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show....Playful little creature ! Xun's long tail swirled under the water, sending rolling waves at the dog - gentle ones, but teasing. The pup had at least one playmate here !

"That is quite alright." Xun Jiang assured her. "You certainly had greater worries at the time, no ? Through... It seems you have taken one of my brethren as well ?" Not a dragon, no - not that kind of brethren - he was certain that he would have known if she had. There was still one missing... wasn't it ? And he hadn't seen scale or hair from Chien-Tang. Strange for the general to be elusive...

Hn.

Meepfur
The dog pounced and 'bit' at the waves, which served the dual purpose of playing and drinking. He was thirsty after all that running! The water was delightfully cool after such exertions.

"Yeah, Justice." Alice still had a somewhat awkward way about her, like a fish out of water as it were. She still wasn't sure what to think about everything, how to deal with these gods, all those things. It was just so weird, even after opting to take one on. How did you talk to someone who used to be someone you knew, but wasn't anymore? "She's a goddess," she clarified after a moment. Since there were, apparently, two of each, and Glaucon was her Other. Her brother.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Xun, for all appearances, didn't have any of those problems - he was addressing the blindfolded girl just as easily as if he had been Illisia.

Which made sense, when you considered that he was, in a way, still Illisia. Still Illisia, but more Xun Jiang. A little complicated, perhaps, and he saw no need to bore her with the details unless she became curious. And she just might !

"Justice, hmm." He pondered out loud, sending more ripples toward the thirsty dog. Good, this was exactly what these waters were there for ! Drinking and bathing. After untold times of not feeling the water rush against his scales (what little he did have now, but, details !), the dragon king wasn't even certain how he was going to willingly extract himself from this lake.

"And a goddess at that..." There was a thoughtful expression on his face, then. "Do you know of her name, yet ? Sometimes it take a few days before we will speak, so close to true death as we were..." He was saddened then, shaking his head slightly. He had no idea how long Alice might have been given the stone holding Justice's essence.

Meepfur
After waggling a little more, the dog sat right in the water. Now that he'd stopped for a moment, he was tired!

"Kyrjadis," she answered, pausing a moment to consider what to do next. Apparently the lake was the place to be, but Alice didn't feel like wading in fully-clothed, and certainly not stripping down. Instead, she settled into a cross-legged sit. She'd probably end up wet anyway, once the dog was finished in the water, but at least she wouldn't be sopping. "It's been...a week? Something like that. She doesn't talk much, unless I prompt her."

Which was probably for her benefit as opposed to being the result of lingering weakness, since it weirded the woman out a little.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Well, some are also less talkative than others." He'd been quiet at first, due to his own weakness - even weaker than normal, thanks to his one failed host - through it looked like this time... He'd gotten it right. They'd gotten it right.

He had no desire to tell Alice of such things, through - his failed rebirth was something he was only comfortable discussing with his brothers, and his master. There was also no need to worry the girl needlessly. It seemed like it was a dragon problem, more than a deity problem.

Hn.

One hand reached out, fingers combing though the dog's wet fur with gentle care. His own, scaly tail, was wiggling back and forth, much like an happy dog's tail might. "If you have any questions, I would be happy to try to answer them, if you'd like." Illisia had sought answers - he figured Alice also might.

Meepfur
Alice laughed, though there was little amusement in the sound. "I'm not sure I want to know...or what to ask, even." What's going to happen to me? What will it be like? Those sorts of questions were ever-present, but she knew already that they weren't answerable. Other things, things about this god, were nosy - would it be rude to ask? She was, almost always, concerned about what she should or shouldn't do, and this situation was no different. Something basic to start, then. "What god are you?"

Pettings! The dog wagged his tail, stirring up dirt from the lakebottom, and craned his head around to sniff the god's hand while he petted...and licked it once for good measure.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.There wasn't much that Xun would refuse to reveal, really. He was not a perticularly secretive individual, and neither had Illisia been. His previous, failed rebirth was probably the only thing he would not speak about, through how would Alice have known about it ?

So as it was, Alice was rather safe for accidentally stepping on the dragon's tail, so to speak. And her dog certainly seemed to appreciate the petting, and so he continued.

"I am Xun Jiang." He answered. "The Dragon King Ti Lung, Lifewater of Worlds. I rule over the earth's rivers and it's waters." Perhaps she should have asked for the abridged version.

Meepfur
A Dragon King? She recalled brief mention of such a thing in Shyamaath's rundown of gods and what went on around here, but to be perfectly honest, she'd started to tune the aoide out after a point. She got that they were important and there were more than one, but that was about the limit of what she'd gathered.

"So you're...what does that entail, exactly?" Alice tended to try and associate the gods she heard about - or in this case, met - to the ones from mythology she was familiar with. Water naturally brought to mind Poseidon, but he'd said rivers, not seas - or was that implied in waters?

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Well, he figured that could be pretty unclair to those not used to such thing, really.

"It means that waters on earth are part of my domain." He said, his voice still calm, soothing, and even. He didn't seem to mind having to elaborate early. "From rivers to the most deeply burrowed wellspring you can imagine. Through I am not the god of Water, per-se." He'd heard that one of the pair was around - but where was he ? She ? So far he had found nothing of the reborn water's wereabouts.

"The dragon kings were made differently. There are only nine of us, and we are somewhat different from the other gods by our nature. There is a dragon for the stars, a dragon for the underground, a dragon for rains and storms, one for beasts, one for diplomacy, one for war, and the last two are guardians for the crown himself and the emperess."

Meepfur
Alice tilted her head slightly, considering the Dragon King's explanation of his own domain, and the listing of the other dragons. She was finding it easier to pay attention to her - him - than Shyamaath. There was just something about the aoide, almost too enthusiastic, too talkative, too nosy, and Alice was too...private, perhaps? Compared to Shy, anyway.

...and there was that quiet voice, just barely, correcting her. This was a he? He might be a King, but Xun Jiang did not look like a he. Was it only because of Illisia? That had to be awkward.

Uh. Moving on from that. The woman cleared her throat. "So if there's a water god, why is there a water, uh, dragon?"

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Well..." This was a little more complicated, really. He had no past memory to guide him here. He knew what he was, innately, and who his brothers were, but everything else... "Two water gods, if you want to be technical. There are two of every influence, but not all of them are among us."

He continued to gently stroke along the dog's back, still resting in the water. "Well, we represent two different things. The gods of water represent water everywhere, while I am more... specialized, you could say."

It was hard explaining it in an easy manner for a mortal to understand. Not that he considered Alice slow at all - it just was rather complicated. He remembered Illisia struggling with the concept as well.

Meepfur
Well, it made a certain amount of sense; there were overlaps of purpose in mythology as well, so it followed that there was an actual basis, and that real gods overlapped, becoming more specific with time and, presumably, successive generations. Quickly, Alice's questions turned toward simple curiosity more than anything especially important. "So are you all related? I mean, not just you and the water gods, but all the gods?"

That was so nice, yes. The dog leaned gradually more towards Xun Jiang, eyes closing.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Not necessarily related in the way of having the same parents." Xun Jiang answered, smiling down at the pup still at his side. Well, he certainly looked like he was enjoying himself. "Through if you want to be technical, you could probably trail everyone back up to Creation and Gaia, I assume. My brothers and I were all directly created from the Twin Crown alone." If he hadn't even been told, he wouldn't remember even that. Frustrating ! "Pairs arn't always... Underworld and the Spirit Guide are direct brothers, in spite of different influences."

Meepfur
Whoa, back up! The woman stared at Xun Jiang from under her blindfold. "...there is seriously an Underworld? Like, Hades and all that?"

Alright, so it shouldn't be that surprising given everything else, but it still was, somehow. After her abrupt and rather literal past life regression, Alice had a definite interest in matters of, well, life and death; however, those were questions she'd always assumed she'd have no answers for. But if there were gods like that hanging around...

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Yes, there is an Underworld, though if it is identical to the stories you have heard, I cannot tell you for certain." mortal records were not always accurate, if accurate at all, through there seemed to be a little truth to this story, at least.

At least, the dragon made his way out of the water, petting the dog one last time before he did, through he did not shake the water off his form for Alice's benefit.

"Would you like to walk with me ?" It was hard to stay immobile for long, not after finally having a body of his own once more.

Meepfur
"I think I'll skip on visiting." Alice grinned. She had to admit it was interesting and she was curious, though...

The dog stood alone in the water for a moment before following Xun Jiang out, despite how nice the water was. People were better. He was not so courteous about sparing Alice from getting wet, however, and shook vigorously before bumping his damp head under her hand.

The woman wrinkled her nose, but didn't seem overly bothered, giving him a little pat. "Sure. There anything around here besides this place?"

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Alice's first statement got an amused chuckle out of the dragon king. He'd only see Underworld from a distance, through the eyes of his host, and the night elf hadn't wanted to get too close either.

He had a presence, he had to admit.

That chucke turned into a full laugh when the dog gave them both a good after-shower. He clearly didn't mind either - but then, he also already was wet.

"Beside the pantheon ?" He started to walk toward one of the teahouses, bare feet brushing along the grass. "Or in the pantheon proper ?" To be honest, he hadn't personally wandered too far away yet. This would have to change, and soon.

Meepfur
"Besides the Pantheon," she answered, "And the market. I haven't done a lot of exploring yet, though I suppose I should." The most exploration she'd done had been when she'd decided to find a dog, and that hadn't required going far. The strays had been hanging around the place, drawn by the food and, some of the older ones, perhaps by the people as well.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Well, if you want to be technical, you can get to everywhere from the pantheon itself. Consider it,,," The dragon paused, pondering how to explain it in a way that would make sense for a mortal. "Linked to every other world." He knew this to be true, deep inside.

"But for a more normal answer..." He said, an amused smile on his lips. "Since Gehenna, many have gathered right outside the pantheon proper - creating a whole new city of sorts. You can find almost anything you might fancy there - there is a market that I enjoy greatly." Well, that Illisia had enjoyed greatly, but he saw no need to possibly unsettle Alice by talking about his host unless she wished him to. After all... She'd known Illisia. Many had.

Meepfur
"Everywhere? You can get anywhere from here, really? How?" This line of question was more rushed than the others, more than casual interest. If she could get anywhere from here, she could get back to the Castle, see if anyone was still there, maybe even...no, she couldn't get too far ahead of herself with hope. For all she knew, the whole Castle could be gone - whole worlds had fallen to what happened, and one little pocket dimension could easily have gone the same way.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The interest did not go unnoticed. Perhaps Alice had things to do, people to see before Kyrjadis took over. Illisia had certainly felt this way, and had indeed sought out her homeworld, and he saw no reason to keep the girl from doing the same.

"Yes, everywhere. The doors in the hall upstairs can be used to travel to any other worlds within the World Tree, as long as they do not belong to anyone already. If Kyrjadis fares like I did, her mana will be too weak to activate them, but if any of her aoidei have found you, they could likely do it for you. If not, I could lend you my own, if you wish."

Lindita would certainly appreciate the adventure, and he could fend for himself just fine in her absence.

Meepfur
"I...I didn't know that." The enthusiasm was quickly tempered by inevitable doubt, and she had to stop a moment and breathe. Calm down, think, get hold of herself and return to coherent thought. "She does have one, Shyamaath...but she ever told me she could do that. Why wouldn't she tell me?"

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.How was he supposed to know that ? Perhaps that was more theoretical than anything else. "Maybe she doesn't remember, or doesn't know. In the old times, such doors weren't needed for us gods. They might not even have existed back then. I cannot remember for sure." He shook his head. But really, what use would such a thing have been for deities at the complete height of their power ?

"Lindita - my own aoide - had been sleeping ever since my... fading." He made a bit of a face - he didn't like to talk about either of his 'deaths', really. "And awakened maybe a year before Illisia came to own my gem. There are many things that are still hazy to her, if not outright forgotten. Through, at any rate, only she can tell you for sure."

Meepfur
"I- Sorry." Seriously, Alice, stop it. She'd accepted a long time ago that there would be no going home, and to suddenly be told that it was possible upset the precarious sort of balance she'd achieved. It changed so much, it could even change everything...but change it too late. "I just wasn't expecting something like this. Thank you for telling me."

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."You do not need to apologize." One hand reached out to scatch behind the dog's ears as they kept walking - headed toward one of the teahouses, it seemed like, through the dragon had set out with no true destination in mind. "I know it can be hard to deal with. Illisia had a similar reaction..."

Maybe not the wisest thing to say, and he gave her an apologetic smile.

Meepfur
Mention of Illisia didn't particularly bother her, as she'd only met the night elf once; it wasn't personal, it was just weird to be looking at and talking to someone who...well, used to be someone else entirely, but still looked like that someone else. It was complicated, somewhat baffling, and easier to just not think about it too much. "I thought I was doing pretty well with all this, but..."

Alice shook her head. "Well, I guess you know it changes things a little."

The dog whuffled happily. Scratches!

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Alice's lack of reaction on that part was... Well, ease-putting. A part of him still dreaded having to come face to face with Forest, or worse... Adi. He wasn't sure he could make her understand.

"It does." He agreed. "But it seemed best to tell you of it. It was... a chance I've been given, and I don't wish to keep anyone else from it." ...That came out confusing. Ah well.

Meepfur
"I understand, and I do appreciate it," Alice said slowly, nodding as she pulled herself back together and returned to her usual solid composure. "I...should probably go, and talk to Shy. Thank you again."

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."You are welcome." He nodded along with her words. "Be well, Alice." Whatever the girl decided to do from there out...

Well, for now, her destiny was still her own.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:54 pm
Shellshocked

Being alive was a gift, truly. Right now, the dragon king was still at the stage where everything was delightful and, in a way, new. Well, everything was new to him, now, even if it once hadn't been.

Again, he'd been drawn by the large garden expenses of the pantheon, lush green and comfortable, still full of life and wonders even with the lack of sky over his head. Truly one of his Master's wonders... Oh, how he longed for his Master again !

But to come a wide-eyed wyrmling, so freshly remade from nearly nothing... Ah, no, no. His pride and draconic ego said that it was too soon, no matter the fact that his Master would likely find a way to see him in a favorable light no matter in what state he presented himself. He'd learned some amount of patience, and he would use it. Just enough, just long enough to settle, to be more at home in this new body, and then... Yes.

And then he would go, and see if there was need of him to serve. Any of His needs, any of His orders, the dragon king would carry out with pride, if it was in his power to do so.

And this would be his pride and joy.

For now, through, Xun Jiang was working on balance. Illisia, now part of himself as she was, had been lithe, graceful, and agile, like most elves were renowned to be, no matter their subdivision. But that was already changing, shifting – slender limbs made thicker by the added mass gained during the changes, as well as the new weight of wings and tails. The way the slender jaw sat, more masculine than feminine, even through the rest of the body hadn't altered itself toward it's new owner's true gender.

It mattered not, for the dragon king. The important part was regaining his host's sense of balance. This was something he wanted to make his own. Surely, it would serve him well. He also needed to stay active, and maybe, even, find a weapon to try in. Just something simple, just in case he needed to defend himself without claws. His dragon form hadn't come to him yet, but he hadn't given it much thought so far. Better to get used to one body, then surely he would master the other, the closest to his true form. Yes ?

It seemed obvious.

Everything was still, and silent, in the forest, as Ti Lung balanced himself on a large rock. Unlike the night elven druid that was now a part of him, this wasn't a simple task for the reborn god. He found himself wobbling back and forth, pulled backward by the weight of tail and wings. His wings gave large flaps every now and then, and helped balance just as they helped imbalance, in an odd way.

Everything was silent, and still, for the longest time, until, eventually...

”...What the hell ?!”

Until it suddenly wasn't. Deep blue eyes widened in surprise, and the dragon king faceplanted on the soft grass. Bound to happen, but... ow.

Wait.

No.

That voice...

”Elik... ?”

Sure enough, once he rose again – there he was. A large cat, familiar to his host's memories. This was Elik, indeed.

He was starting, and Xun Jiang didn't know what to think about that. Of course that they crossed paths like this had been inevitable – neither host or god had known what Elik had planed to do after his mother was gone.

”So you must be... the dragon.” He voice was cold, reserved... laid back. It wounded the part of himself was undeniably Illisia, but he tried to force it back in check. He couldn't blame the night elf, not really.

Still, he wouldn't push his host's son away, if he wished to stay. A part of him hoped he would. ”Yes. I am Xun Jiang.” What else could he say ? What could he do ? Apologize ? He couldn't apologize. He did not feel sorry for what he'd done. This was what both he and Illisia had wanted.

”I see. I... Um.” That the boy before him seemed just as lost for words as she was was of little comfort. Elik seemed... numb. Resigned, in a way.

Perhaps wishing that he'd been there in time to keep his mother from taking the gem, for all the dragon could tell. ”Thank you for... letting me see her one last time, I guess.” There was an undertone of You shouldn't have taken her at all.

”It was what she wished for.” What else could he say. ”...There is a way back to Azeroth, if you wish to take it. I will not force you to stay against your will. I can show you, if you wish.”

Elik's laugh was tinted with bitterness. ”I am sure there are plenty others I can seek for that, once I decide. I will not trouble you, dragon king.” He turned to leave.

”You do not trouble me !” The words came out, desperate and clinging, before he could stop them in their tracks. Likewise, the large cat stopped, and looked back at him, his own eyes wide.

Elik clearly hadn't expected that. And perhaps, at that moment, he had sounded just enough like Illisia to make the druid stop dead in his track.

”...Was she happy, in the end ?” How many times had that question been asked, how many time had Illisia heard it before coming here, even on her way to the pantheon when her powers failed at saving one life ?

”She was. And still is.” How to explain ? He was hurting, struggling for his words, and he doubted Elik could understand what he had to say, through his own pain. But, the dragon king didn't want to give up. In a way, the druid was his son now.

”Then... I will have to find comfort in that, I guess.” The druid muttered, but the dragon heard. Heard to well, in a way. ”You don't need to pretend, you know. You don't know me, and I don't need you. Live well.”

And the druid ran. The dragon was dumbstruck, silent, staring at the large cat made his escape, and, in a way, heartbroken.

The words only came long after Elik was gone. Too little, too late. ”...And maybe I know you too well, Elik Shadowmoon.”

He would not abandon the druid. He refused to. But as long as Elik would not listen to him, there was nothing Ti Lung could do.

And that, more than anything else, lashed. He did not feel like practising balance anymore, and so the dragon gathered himself and went back, back into his rooms, back into the sweet water, to lick his wounds.  

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:55 pm
All Work, No Play

Meepfur
Zhijian lounged in an open area of the Pantheon, stretched out to his full length as a dragon. Near him stood a second dragon, perhaps a third of his size, and brown in color - a generally more 'western'-looking dragon, with webbed wings and less length to its body.

"Thank you, Likoth." The Fangbridle dipped his large head approvingly. "You may tell J'lah I will be along in a few days." Once given that leave, the smaller dragon lauched itself into the air, and soon faded from sight.

When Likoth had gone, Zhijian sighed. Having followers could be so much trouble, not that he didn't like them, or that it wasn't worth it in the long run, but this lot was particularly needy. He was used to the ancient, self-sufficient errais, so shepherding these stranded newcomers had been considerably more work than he was used to. There were things to explain, things to help with, and - occasionally - drama to weather.

Hmph. He needed something exciting, something to get into, or at least a brother to wrestle with.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Today's swim had revealed a rather serious scene, so Xun Jiang had remained more or less hidden in the lake, waiting for his brother's visitor to leave before starting any trouble.

Even if the urge to do so while the other dragon had been around had been high.

Now the tiny dragon had left, and Xun's head peeked out of the water, only from his eyes up, water more or less hiding his grin. Zhijian had his back to him. How fortunate. How... handy indeed.

That fact was all that he needed to use both wings and tail to send a medumly-sized wave of water against his brother's back, and the newly-reborn dragon king vanished back in his element as quickly as he could after grapping a breath. Let's see someone trying to catch him in his element !

Meepfur
What?! Zhijian whipped his length around, looking for the culprit. Someone had splashed him, someone who was, presumably, in the lake. Someone who was also, presumably, a dragon. After all, who else would dare disturb a Dragon King? And if it was a dragon, the options were Tian Yue - too large - and Xia Lu Ling, unless...

Hmm. The Fangbridle took a deep breath and slid into the water, coiling through it. This might be Ti Lung's element, but Zhijian was fast no matter where he was.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The Fangbridle was quick to take matters in his own hands, not that Xun Jiang had expected any less. He was cutting through the water with obvious ease, wings and tail aiding him rather than hindering him. He knew that Zhijian would catch him sooner than later...

But hell, that was part of the fun.

He darted back to the surface as soon as he saw Zhijian close on him, scrambling up on a rock. He might have made it in time for his brother not to see him, had it not been for his tail hanging in the water still...

Meepfur
And that tail was all he needed! Zhijian was quick to seize it in his jaws and pull the other King back into the water - but not to stay there, oh no! He hauled the smaller dragon out of the water and pinned him. All without actually hurting Xun Jiang, of course. He was (mostly) careful!

"Do you have any idea how long it takes me to dry?" he growled, feigning irritation.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Xun Jiang let out a yelp as he was dragged down by the offending limb - betrayed by his own tail, what madness ! - and went crashing back in the water. From then on he had little choice but to go wherever Zhijian would take him - this was just a tiny bit unbalanced, really !

"How thoughtless of me." He didn't seem too worried, even when pinned down by something nearly 10 times his size - the body had not grown an inch from the transition from night elf to god, and he was pretty comfortable with his height as it was. Likewise, the body's sex seemed to do little to bother the god within. It was easy enough to realize who he actually was, and saw no need to point it out. The skin color practically gave him away.

"As long as you don't start smelling like a wet dog~" He was grinning, much like an annoying younger brother might have. Rather fitting, really.

Meepfur
"Wet dog, no. Wet dragon, yes!" He snuffled at his brother, having of course recognized him as Xun Jiang by now. If the water attack had not been enough, he still looked quite a bit like Illisia. But with wings! This was very interesting, as Tian Yue and Xia Lu Ling did not have them.

Zhijian released the water-dragon, settling back to eye him approvingly...but not without teasing. "How pretty you are, little brother. But what are those wings, hmm? They're in the wrong place!"

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Xun Jiang moved to sit when Zhijian finally let him go, rubbing as his shoulders a bit. Good thing he'd been careful with it, or he could have gotten squished. Dragon pancake. Not an appealing thing.

"What ? Are you jealous ?" He gave a mock pout - it only served to make him look even more feminine than he already looked.

"My wings are perfectly fine, thank you !" He had no idea why he had wings down there. Not a one. Surely this was a reason, and if he remembered what he had once looked like... But he couldn't remember a thing. Sometimes he wondered if he ever would, or if whatever had been had been all but burned away by two deaths.

Well, it wasn't that important, wasn't it ?

Meepfur
Zhijian laughed, the sound booming, and his green-on-blue eyes lit with merriment. If only Xun Jiang knew! "Jealous? Hardly! You should ask Tian Yue what I looked like fresh-reborn."

He shook himself, shedding a great spray of water from his fur and mane. He would be very fluffy before long! Well, maybe...it was very inconvenient to be so large while with someone so small. Was this what it was like to be his fully-ascended brother? Zhijian shed his dragon-shape to better join - and properly cuddle! - Xun Jiang. Naked, but when had he ever cared?

"It is good to see you, brother," he purred.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Hm ? "Well, now that you made me curious, I certainly need to." He said with a laugh, as Zhijian took on a more manageable size. Well ! This was better, yes, and he did nothing to stop the cuddles. Xun Jiang's own shirt and pants were nearly constantly soaked, so he had nothing against naked ! Sometimes he stepped out almost naked, until he remembered. He blamed Illisia for that.

"It's certainly good to be here." He said with an happy rumble. "And be able to drench you correctly." He stuck out his tongue.

Meepfur
This was good, this was better, another sibling returned. Maybe soon Shuo, or Xuan. He was not generally an emotional sort, but he loved his brothers and sister so, missed them. Now the world was a little closer to being right. He curled affectionately around Xun Jiang, tail twisting with delight.

"Just remember when I start to smell, it was your fault." Of course, the only thing to do with this brother now that he had him was to chew on him, one of those nice webbed wings. Gently. It wouldn't do to put holes in him.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Oh right, it is always my fault, isn't it ? You just had not to turn your back to a body of water." Duh. This was begging for trouble, right there. Silly Zhijian.

"My wings are not chewtoys." He couldn't help it - he flicked his brother on the nose much like one would a misbehaving dog, through Xun was quite certain it wouldn't make his brother cease and desist. "Bad dragon."

Meepfur
"The lakes here have not previously been so rude," he sniffed.

Xun was quite right, it would take much more for Zhijian to stop...well, being Zhijian. In some ways, it seemed to be his place among the brothers - playful, irreverent, an instigator. Not that most of them didn't have their moments, but he had a lot of them. He wrinkled his nose and snapped harmlessly at the offending finger. "Wrong. Everything is a chewtoy."

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."But certain things do nibble back..." A threat ? Perhaps. Either way, it was obvious that Ti Lung was more amused than annoyed with the turn of the situation. Everything felt good, felt like it should have - he didn't need to question things any further than that, really.

It just felt good to be alive - the serious things would catch up soon enough, he was certain.

Meepfur
"I doubt you are very good at nibbling," Zhijian hazarded playfully, "You do not have the teeth to do it properly. So what have I to fear?" The Fangbridle clacked his fangs together in the air for emphasis.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Hrmph. Well, I can certainly try." Wouldn't get far, sure - but nothing kept him from trying.

Except, perhaps, the fact that he didn't - suddenly too comfortable all cuddled up with his brother to try to do anything about it. Oh well - hopefully his wings wouldn't end up with holes chewed through.

Drool would wash off, at least. Holes would be a little harder to deal with. And painful as well.

Meepfur
"You do that," Zhijian said smugly, tail flicking as he switched from gnawing his brother's wings to what was probably less objectionable affection - grooming! "So, have you been doing anything besides splashing innocent bystanders?"

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Ha, now THIS was something Xun Jiang could agree with completely - through the fangbridle would probably have an hard time getting his brother's wild mane of hair into any form that remotely looked tidy. That was probably impossible.

"There's anything else to do ?" He answered, the perfect picture of innocence - only not. "I have not done much yet. The change is still fairly recent." He admitted.

Meepfur
"Oh, you know - gather followers, look for Grigori, nothing important. Splashing one's brothers is much, much more pressing work." He wasn't actually criticizing, but there was a certain point to it. "You should learn to fight again, for certain."

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Well, yes. That. His ears dropped slightly. "Yes... Illisia... did start to teach me, in a way. Her body remembers how to move, through..." Through he wasn't sure if a blade suited him. Or if he should rather simply fight in scales, once he remembered how.

And, still, a part of him didn't want to fight, still, but he would squash this. He would need to. "Once I find a suitable weapon I wish to train in... Or my scales... Will you help me, brother ? I have... much to remember."

Meepfur
"Of course I will help you. We can remember together, hm? Just don't hit me too hard," he said with a sniff, "And no dirty water tricks!"

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."That." He huffed with mock affront. "Will only happen once you finally get it through your mind that my wings are not chewtoy, Fangbridle."

He was half-tempted to return the favor and see how Zhijian would react - but... feathers. Yeah. He was bound to get some stuck in his teeth, and he doubted feathers were delicious.

Beside, he had the feeling Ying Long would actually like it.

Meepfur
"Hmph," Zhijian grunted at his brother, a growly-grumble in his throat. "Remember, you asked me for help. That means you have to play by my rules!"

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Brat." That was all Ti Lung had to say about that - well, unless sticking his tongue out as his brother counted as a statement. It probably did.

Through it certainly didn't seem to matter much - he still seemed more than happy to stay right where he was, near his brother, even if it meant both tail and wings were in possible dangers.

"You let me know when you'll have time ?" From the look of it, Zhijian had matters to handle, which made sense.

Meepfur
"Hnn." He lashed his tail in faint annoyance, now that he'd been reminded of his followers' little bout of drama. He'd quite managed to forget about while he played with his brother. "This should only take a few days, I hope. I will come and find you, when I finish?"

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Certainly." He could be patient, really... Somewhat. Even if he'd rather have his brothers all to himself, he knew that they all had their own things to do.

"I am often outside... But my door is the one with the large tree on it." He paused. "The silver one." The one right beside was Glyph's. That could be confusing.

"Through, I also am often taking a swim." As if Zhijian didn't already know. The idea that his poor brother might end up regarding each body of water he came across with some amount of suspicion made him grin.

Meepfur
"Wherever you are, I'll sniff you out somehow - and drag you out, if I have to!" Which he'd already done once, so Xun Jiang would know he meant it.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.An amused chuckle followed that statement. Oh, yes, Zhijian's dragging skills were unmatched in all of the pantheon.

He'd have probably been much more scared if he hadn't known what had pushed him down, really.

"Through, if there is anything I can ever help you with, let me know ?" He'd certainly do everything he could, for each and every one of his sibilings. "I should likely leave you to your matters, however." He had already been quite a naughty dragon, really.

Did he regret it ? Not one second.

"And if you do not come soon, I will sniff you out myself." With an amused grin, Xun Jiang made his way back to the pantheon.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:56 pm
Bittersweet

SkieBorne
User ImageThey hadn't been returned to the Pantheon very long when he heard that Illisia had succumbed and Xun had taken his host. It had sent a rush of grief through him and he'd avoided his rooms for a few days before he finally worked up the courage to go speak to the Dragon King.

There was so much he'd wanted to say, to do and show Illisia, to walk hand in hand... to lay in the grass or wander the orchards... and now she would be gone, changed... He felt guilt for not being there but found solace knowing that the days following their triumph at Teldrassil and the journey home had been loving ones, a happiness he'd shared with the night elf... and a happiness that hopefully she knew even as the change took her.

With his own experience, the sudden lurch and consumption, Glyph didn't expect to find much of Illisia in Xun... but hope is a survivor and so it was that he stood before the door to the Dragon King's apartments with a bundle of daisies in hand, hoping they might talk. The smile he wore was only half true, mourning as he was. Would there be anything of Illisia left? Would he and Xun get along? Forest did not know for certain.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Glyph was lucky - Xun Jiang had been about to leave for the day when Forest came knocking at his door - and it was in such a state that Lindita opened it - with the dragon king more or less dressed (if the loose shirt and pants he wore could be called an adequate attire for a god) with a bag slung over his shoulder.

...Well. He had figured such a day would come, sooner or later - the was no use delaying the inevitable. "Lindita... Go ahead, please. I will catch up with you later."

The aoide didn't question - she nodded and went on her way.

And then it was just the two of them, which perhaps in a way was worse. There was no pretense he could hold, with his aoide out of earshot. "Glyph..." His name came rolling out easily - perhaps too easily, to familiar - and he turned back, letting the bag tumble down on the earth as he led forest deeper in his set of room.

"I was wondering where you were." There was no accusation. "I am glad to see you well..." What was he supposed to say ? How could he put in words... And why did he feel like this ?

SkieBorne
User ImageGlyph hadn't been sure what to expected, just sort of milled about when Xun's Aoide opened the door and he found the pair with packs, obviously ready to go somewhere. It struck him harder then he thought, his gaze playing over the wings... the tail, the scales... the different posture, but her face, that was mostly the same. He mumbled something about coming back later only to have Xun invite him in. He hesitated a moment then nodded and stepped inside, hand dropping to the side, flowers still clutched lightly.

"Xun... Hello." Glyph ventured, offering a smile, though he winced at the question nonetheless, "I was tending the orchards... ," he bit his lip, shook his head and swallowed, a little awkward, "I... had hoped to have more time. Can we talk...?" Belatedly, he lifted the daisies and offered them to the dragon king, "Here, these are for you. I was hoping we could be friends, and I wanted you to know, I bear you no ill will for... for taking my Illisia."

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.This was going to be harder than he ever thought it could be - Glyph looked... Well. The part of him that was Illisia, her feelings, wanted to run, grap him, cling to him and never let go, yell at him that she was still there, that everything was gonna be alright, until he believed it.

Xun Jiang, however, knew that it wasn't that simple. While Illisia wasn't gone, it was impossible to pretend that things would be the same. Illisia was in him, in a way so seamless that he couldn't tell with true certainity where she ended and where he began. But the fact was...

He wasn't Illisia. Not completely.

"Yes, we... need to talk." He accepted the daisies carefully, one finger running along the petals with obvious gentleness. He lead Glyph further back, toward the lake - water to soothe his nerves. Yes. There was a chair there, if he wanted to take it - Xun, on the other hand, sat right down in the grass, tail running a wide arc until the tip ended up in the clear water.

"Through I will admit..." He was still looking down in the flowers, trying to pretend his cheeks hadn't colored a darker purple. Affection, of course... But what to do with said affection ? Would it be better to let it be, let him heal ? Was this what he wanted ?

"...That I am not too sure where to begin..."

SkieBorne
User ImageGlyph followed the dragon king in, forwent the chair as he so often did and sat on the edge of the pool they'd saw in together, his feet touching the cool water as he looked out over the grotto. Forest had seen the flush, had secretly been hoping for it but he didn't know where to begin.

If Illisia was yet part of the dragon, it still remained that Xun was not completely Illisia - he didn't even know if the Dragon King liked him, he'd been so sure to give the druid full reins. Glyph had been grateful at the time but now he wondered if perhaps he should have talked more with the God as well... Glyph yet loved Illisia, but confusion reigned.

For a time he sat there, looking out over the water, thoughts roaming, satisfied with the quiet sound of ripples and flowing water. At some point he set his hand out, reflexively reaching for Illisia's hand in the grass. Eventually Forest cleared his throat, having found the words he was looking for, "Perhaps we should begin here: where do we stand? And how do you see me...? I... yet love Illisia, but I do not know you, the God, so well..." His tone and the silence between the words spoke volumes, asked if the emotion was yet kindled in the other's breast, if Xun accepted him... if there would be hope for growth together rather then apart.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The water calmed him - it always did, and more than ever he found himself thankful for the presence of the pond and waterfall here. These weren't easy questions, but... questions that needed to be nonetheless asked.

"That would depend entirely on you." He said, in a moment. "I would not want to force you along to something that would make you uncomfortable." Never wished to hurt him, he almost said, but... it was perhaps too late for that. And perhaps it had been unavoidable.

The line was still blurred and it was hard to make it separate again. "I care about you." He finally said, but he couldn't help but look a little helpless, a little confused. "It's hard to tell... Where her feelings end and where mine are supposed to begin. It isn't clear." This wasn't something he'd had to put down into words before. His brothers... Well, his brothers weren't really missing Illisia. It was just how it was.

SkieBorne
User ImageGlyph nodded, glancing over at Lifewater when he spoke, "I am not uncomfortable, merely uncertain... I can't pretend like nothing's changed. That... is why I spoke of friendship." Forest offered a kind smile, sitting back as he tilted his head, the sway of branches causing his leaves to rustle, "You are fused then..." He sounded relieved, as if a fear, and personal shame, had made him wonder about other outcomes.

He looked away suddenly, bit his lip as his fingers curled in the grass, "I am sorry, that I was not there for one last goodbye." Glyph bit his lip harder, trying to will back the tears that threatened at the corner of his eyes. Inhaling, he swallowed hard and brushed his eyes with the back of one hand, "I would like very much to get to know you, Xun. If you would allow my friendship?" He wasn't asking for love or commitment, but a chance to befriend. Glyph knew there would be facets of Xun that he could not help but like, if he had fused with Illisia... worried his affection would be annoying, wasn't sure how to handle any of this, really.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."We are." He said with a nod, running the tip of his tail through the water, sending gentle ripples toward the waterfall. It hadn't been a dificult process... probably because that had been what the both of them had wanted.

If Illisia had been unwilling, it would have probably been harder. Not that he would have ever taken her by force - it just wasn't in him.

"She was never mad at you for it." Who could have predicted, after all ? Well, perhaps one. Adrienne. He still wasn't so sure what to do with her, who had been so close to Illisia... So many pieces to mend, so many puzzle pieces to fit back together.

He made a mental note to ask about her later - but for now, they needed to talk this through. "I would like to be your friend, at the very least. I have never had any ill will toward you." He managed to smile, through the nervosity was evident. "Perhaps if I ever short myself out, we can see about... more."

They couldn't rush this, or they would probably only leave broken pieces in their wake.

SkieBorne
User ImageThe words Xun spoke, that there was no anger at his absence, made Glyph bite his lip as relief played through him. Guilt was a powerful thing and it had twisted at him... to know Illisia hadn't changed with anger in her heart soothed him somewhat and he glanced up, blinking as Xun continued a broad smile playing across his lips, "Thank-you. I know we have not spoken much before but I would enjoy your friendship." He didn't expect closeness nor the blossoming attraction he'd had before... didn't really even know if that was what he wanted now. Friendship was good. If there was more... then there would be more.

His smile didn't falter as he gave a playful shrug, "Either way I hope you do 'sort yourself out', for your own peace of mind. If you need a friend, you know I'm here." Glyph gave a wink then glanced out over the water once more, "I am sure the other Kings will be glad another is returned to their number."

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The relief on Forest's face was so tangible that he might very well have been able to touch it. It must have been something that had bothered him for quite some time... Then he was glad to have mentioned it, to have lifted that worry.

His tail lifted, poking at the surface of the water, luring out some koi from their hiding places. The tail teased over the surface of the water and the fishes seemed more than happy to play. "They are very glad. Some of us came later than others, and the earliest ones were left to wonder if the others would ever come..."

A daunting thought, that.

"Through... If you forgive me, I would like to ask.. How is Adrienne doing ?" He tilted his head to look at him. "She... knows, and I assume she has been the one to tell you... But other than that, I have not seen her. I want... to see her, to talk to her, but I am unsure where to start, or if it would even be appropriate."

The part of him that was Illisia wanted to see her so much, but other part was wondering if it was... too soon.

SkieBorne
User Image"Adrienne?" Glyph echoed, then smiled, "She is alright... I haven't spoken to her much recently but I think she understands. Adi's always such a cheerful girl." He made a thoughtful sound then nodded, "I think it would be a good idea to seek her out... There can be no harm in it and I highly doubt it's inappropriate. It would be good to speak to her... as we are speaking now."

There were so many bonds that needed to be soothed, he realized, and regarded Xun with a soft expression. "If you need my help in anything, or a friend to speak to, please find me. Perhaps a picnic or a meal between all of us would be a good idea? A chance to reconnect..."

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.It was certainly a daunting task that he had ahead of him - Illisia had touched many hearts, in different ways, and now that he had broken those bonds, he had to find a way to soothe the aches left behind, in the night elf's memory. It had been inevitable, from the moment she'd set the gem in her arm.

He could have ignored all of it, but it simply wasn't in him to do so. If he wasn't able to weather down this and at least try to mend the pain of those affected, then he certainly would not be fit to be called a king at all.

"I will keep that in mind." And probably make use of it. He would probably need it - he had his brothers, certainly, but yet... His brothers were probably too overjoyed to have him back to see that part of the 'issue'.

At least, he had to admit he probably would, when the next king would finally awaken. "Thank you. I..." He went silent then, and shook his head softly. "I would... like to go with you, sometime. Once I am more settled. See the world... for myself, this time."

He felt like he was asking too much, especially out of Glyph. He wouldn't blame Forest if he refused, but part of him was hoping he would accept.

SkieBorne
User ImageGlyph blinked at the response, apparently surprised by such a request and a faint blush coloured his cheeks as he smiled, pleased that Xun would like to travel with him. Forest had hoped for a picnic, or something simple... something 'neutral' but the offer that now sat before him was a pleasant one and fanned the spark of hope in his breast.

"I'd like that." He bumped a shoulder against Xun then in a friendly gesture and laughed softly, relieved this was going so well, "When you are able, then, I would very much like to travel with you. Was there anywhere you wanted to see? I still have to visit my host's homeland as I promised him I would... and there are the Night Elves to check on as well.... and any number of other places, wild and settled both."

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The dragon king only became aware that he'd been holding his breath until he'd finally let it go. How silly. What else had he been expecting ?

Maybe... this could go a little more smoothly than he'd thought it would be.

"Perhaps your host's homeworld first ? From what I've heard of him, I figure his people must be very interesting." That and... He didn't know if he wanted to go back to Darnassus. Not so soon.

Even if it seemed cowardly. But he'd rather be more used to existing again, more confident, before he went back.

SkieBorne
User Image"My host's....? Of course! I'd enjoy your company. The Aurion are... interesting." Glyph laughed, giving a shrug, "I've been eager to experience that world myself. I just hope Gehenna did not damage it too terribly... I fear for its well being. Azeroth fared relatively well."

He pursed his lips and smiled at the other, "When you're ready we can go see the Elves again. I miss them, they were a good people."

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."I do hope so as well." He nodded. Some worlds... Weren't as lucky as Azeroth had been. He knew this well. "I would love to learn more about them."

"They were good people indeed. I think they'd be happy to see you again." Him ? Well, he wasn't completely sure. Awkwardness all around. They hadn't known much of him, not really.

SkieBorne
User Image"I'll seek you out when I make that pilgrimmage then, my friend. Deal?" He looked over with a broad smile, warm and welcoming then turned his gaze back to the water.

The other's tension was palpable and Glyph's smile softened as he reached to catch the other's hand and gave it a friendly squeeze, "I'll be with you when we return. Don't worry." Forest fell into silence then, comfortable and optimistic.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Thank you."

He wasn't sure what else to say, really. He knew he couldn't apologize for what he'd done, because he didn't feel sorry for taking Illisia - it had been the one he needed, and the one he needed the most - even through he hadn't known exactly why until later.

Maybe one day he'd tell Glyph about his failed host. But for now, the dragon was far from ready.

"Would you like something to eat ? Or drink ?" He offered. Lindita had left as his request, but he certainly didn't mind doing things himself.

SkieBorne
User Image"Mm..." came the answer and a nod, "Either, if you're willing to spare a bite or a sip. I didn't mean to interrupt your trip." He glanced back at the door with a slight frown, "Where were you headed if you don't mind my asking?"

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Oh, not very far." He tried to reassure Forest. "We were going fishing, nothing more. Im sure the fish will still be there whenever I come around."

"Unless you would... like to come with us ?" A tentative offer. This... hadn't gone as bad as he had feared it might, but he couldn't help but be a little uncertain. The feeling would pass... He hoped.

SkieBorne
]User ImageGlyph looked relieved to find that Xun wasn't travelling far. He'd lost contact with so many friends, another just walking out would hurt him. The offer, however, caught him by surprise and he tilted his head, "Are you sure...? I'm not trying to impose." He hoped he didn't look too happy with this development as he was most glad. It gave him hope that they might become friends.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Oh, don't worry, it is quite fine. I am sure Lindita would enjoy the company, if only to have a reason to talk your ears off." The demoness loved gods - him most, of course - but found extreme fascination in the pantheon reborn.

"Shall we, then ?"

SkieBorne
User ImageLaughter burst from him without his meaning too and he shook his head, "Ah, so I am to be Lindita's company then? And buy you some quiet time?" Still chuckling, Forest rose and brushed his trousers off, ears flicking forward, "I would be glad to strike up conversation with her, my friend. This trip sounds delightful."

Turning, he walked a few paces away then paused and partly turned back, smiling, "We shall."

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:57 pm
The Stars And The Sea

Sosiqui
Tian Yue padded down the hallway of the Pantheon's upper floor. The Dragon King was wearing fairly elaborate robes, having just held court with the mortals that looked to him... and mortals, being what they were, expected certain things from their gods. Things like elegant garments, regal bearing, and profound statements. All of which Tian Yue was happy to provide, naturally, but doing so for extended periods left him an odd combination of replenished and drained - replenished in spirit and strength from their belief, and drained in social energy from everything else.

He was, at heart, a solitary beast. Small wonder Tien Lung and Universe had dwelled together in the heart of deep space.

Still, returning to his chambers to be fluttered over by Toki wasn't exactly what he wanted at this moment. What he wanted was a brother, to be able to relax and just be without having to worry about appearances or carefully choosing every word.

Tian Yue stopped before the familiar door of living wood; one hand reached out to trace the edges of the tree carved there. He turned the gesture into a knock and leaned inwards, calling out to the brother (hopefully) within.

"Xun? Illisia?"

Zero Dream
It was neither of the two named that answered the door, but rather an aoidei - Lindita's eyes widened slightly in instant recognition. "Lord Tian Yue ! It is so good to see you !" The mirror image of her memories, even. She had not met any of her lord's brothers so far, beside the host of Mang. And the priest's hate of demons, unfortunately, made it hard for her to do much there. Which was sad, really.

"My lord is..." She turned, then made a face. "...Um... Was... Here... ? Ah..." She stepped aside to let Tian Yue enter, hooves clicking on the stone tiles as she headed back toward the lake. "My lord ?"

What would Illisia be doing in a lake ?

What would Illisia be doing in a lake, indeed. This wasn't Illisia, and Xun Jiang had scurried in the lake as soon as he had seen a flash of purple and fancy robes. He had just a tiiiiiny bit of payback for this one brother. It involved a lake and scaring the unholy hell out of what was now a part of his psyche.

Serious Dragon Buisness, of course. He just needed to wait until Tian Yue came closer...

Sosiqui
The Dragon King nodded politely to the aoide, then followed her in; the soft sound of water was an immediate balm to his nerves. If only the room and pool were a bit larger...

Well. They weren't, and that was that.

Tian Yue approached the pool, a wistful expression on his face. "Brother?" he called out, adding his voice to that of the aoide.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.This was all Xun Jiang needed - one forward push and poor Tian Yue was drenched.

"Payback." Xun laughed, more than a little proud of himself. He didn't feel sorry for the nice robes at all - it was just water. It would dry off.

He came out of the water then, his wings shaking of the excess water off themselves as he did so. "It is very nice to see you, brother." He grinned.

Sosiqui
SPLASH!

Tian Yue surfaced with a shake of his head, his hair in his face, every bit of him sodden and soaked. "That's hardly a courteous greeting, brother," he said, sounding hurt... except for the thread of amusement running under his words.

Then he pushed out to the deeper part of the lake and submerged again before kicking back to the surface, brushing his hair back this time. "However did you guess I'd been wishing for a swim? You've provided such a handy excuse."

The robes were a bit of a hindrance, though, and kept tugging him down. He couldn't really drown, but he wanted to talk to his brother, damnit! Tian Yue frowned and tried to fumble the overlayers of the robes off while treading water, but it wasn't exactly working.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."I do not remember ever saying I was courteous." Was Xun Jiang's rather amused reply. He certainly could be... when it was needed. He could be serious, but why would he need to be so serious with one of his brothers ?

Really.

"When it is not a good time for a swim ?" Answer - never. Through he had to admit seeing his brother struggle along with wet, heavy robes did made him feel guilty.

A little.

Sosiqui
"Alas, I would rather bathe in my dragon shape, but I fear I would crack your room like an egg," Tian Yue lamented, cheerfully.

Then, finally, he focused on Xun Jiang's form completely. "... You have changed."

It wasn't a question.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Well, I would certainly prefer not ending up squished, through... We can certain go outside." He laughed then, amused, when Tian Yue finally seemed to realize what had happened.

"It honestly took you so long ?" Xun Jiang let out a clearly exaggerated pout. "Just because im tiny... Seesh~"

Well, not that he had even tried to take dragon form yet.

Sosiqui
"The majesty of your physical form was obscured by the water," Tian Yue replied, sticking his tongue out at his brother. "And I am quite comfortable here now, thank you. I may stay here the rest of my days, dwelling in utter bliss."

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Xun pulled himself out of the water then - rather easily, in fact - and sat cross-legged in the grass, tail curled up around him and wings resting along the ground. Done purposely so that his brother could admire him ?

That was very, very likely.

"Well, I knew I had the best room, but..." He grinned. "Lindita, could you please fetch us something to eat and drink ? Tea for my brother, I believe."

He watched as the aoide bowed and went on her way, and patted the space in front of him for his brother to sit in. "One day, I might remember a table and chairs..." Personally, he saw no need for them.

Sosiqui
"Furniture, bah. It's mostly good for accidentally smashing with my bloody great coils. Shaiming had the right idea, dwelling in the high spaces with no walls to crush chairs against..." A faint sigh at the thought of the other reason Tien Lung had for living where he had, but... well. That pain was well known, now, and the thought brought no new facets to life. Only the same old, tired road.

A road he could ignore, for now. The Dragon King pulled himself from the water and settled in the indicated spot, robes dripping. He never had managed to get the bulkier top robes off. "When did it happen, brother? Is your host...?" The question was a delicate one, and he asked it quietly, as gently as he could.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."I can't say I've had this problem yet." And, well... He did remember Tian Yue being much larger than he was, so this might very well be a problem that he would never have to deal with to the same severity than his brother.

Xun Jiang happily settled in the grass, not minding as blades of it clung to his still wet form. The question Tian Yue was asking was a delicate one, and one that many would not have gotten an answer for.

"It is fairly recent." He couldn't quite tell how long - time seemed... abstract. He wasn't used to keeping track of it. "And you need not to worry about Illisia. She has done me a great service - and will continue to do so, unseen."

Sosiqui
"Of course," Tian Yue said, in response to the host-unseen comment; he inclined his head and smiled gently. "As do they all." Hard to think about, sometimes, and hard to watch, but the process of host renewing god was inexorable. "Every step towards a fully-glorified, united Brotherhood is a great victory, brother - especially for our kind. We seem so strangely delicate, so prone to failing compared to the 'simpler' gods..." He barely remembered the first person he'd seen with Ti Lung's gem.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."As I have noticed..." Xun Jiang shook his head sadly, his finned tail giving a twitch of irritation. "So many of us... Had it been only I, had it been only my mistake, then I... would be less bothered." It was one thing to know that there had been one host before Illisia, that both host and... himself did not manage to bring forth rebirth, two lives extinguished for no results.

But to think his brothers also went through such a thing... It was heart-wrenching. He would not have wished this to anybody, even less so his own kin. "I can only hope that those I am unaware of are only absent, kept away by their own will, rather than..."

Well.

Tian Yue knew what he meant.

Sosiqui
"But now is a time for celebration, not for mourning - if I had a glass, I'd raise it in your honor. As it is..."

And suddenly a fan-tipped tail was swishing through the water, delivering a heaping pile of water directly to Xun Jiang's face.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."I-"

SPLASH.

"To attack me in my own rooms, with my own element. You seem to have grown quite bold in my absence." Xun Jiang grinned, definitively more amused than bothered. "You know what this means, brother."

It meant war - Ti-Lung pounced, trying to knock the both of them back in the water.

Sosiqui
There was no way a pounce at that close range was going to miss. Tian Yue was easily bowled back into the drink. "I was wet already! You can hardly get me wetter," the Dragon King proclaimed just before his head went underwater.

He came up sputtering.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Funny that. He'd almost thought he'd heard something - some kind of silly notion about being already wet and not getting any wetter.

Must have been his imagination. Such a silly thought.

Of course any motion enough to push his taller, bulkier brother into the water was more than enough to send him right back in it as well, but Xun Jiang didn't really care. Both went under, and when they resurfaced, the water dragon was laughing much like a child finally getting a bout with a well-loved playmate.

Well, that was actually pretty accurate, all things considered.

Sosiqui
"I shall transform and crack your pool," Tian Yue threatened, trying to loom up out of the water and look a bit more imposing; physically, he had some height and breadth on his 'younger' brother. "It will be a great tragedy. The water damage to the chambers below will be immeasurable, but I will have had my vengeance..."

Then he let himself slip back into the water, paddling back a bit, away from Xun Jiang. He could not hope to best his brother in Ti Lung's own element. "What of your own scales? Show me," he challenged, eyes bright, a faint glow reflecting in the water.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Oh, please, I am certain that our Master has many more things to do than having to fix out messes..." Was the amused answer. Height advantage or no, Xun Jiang didn't seem that intimidated.

Then a challenge was put forth, and he accepted it - perhaps too hastily, because when he tried to apply himself to it...

...He didn't remember.

No. that's impossible.

He couldn't remember. He couldn't recall. The how he did, but... He could not recall what he was trying to become. How did his own scales glimmer ? How had he been in his complete majesty ?

"I..." Had he not been so busy trying to pick at the gasping holes in his memory, he might have noticed he did not need to remember that. But instinct failed to kick in. "I don't remember..."

Sosiqui
"You don't... don't remember?"

The look on Tian Yue's face was an unconcealed expression of horror; the Dragon King could not fathom not remembering his own scales. "How... I... no, no, this shall be fixed, brother, it may be that you are too newly changed. Something simple like that," he said, quickly, realizing that his reaction of shock might be rude. He tried to ignore the nagging voice that said: you shifted easily the day after your coming into being, no harm done.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Time. Yes. That had to be it. Had to be. This was still all new, this was still all strange. He needed time, and first of all he needed to calm down.

Yet it was also easy to see that things might be different, that in Ti-Lung's case it might, indeed, require more time. Shaiming had fount host, became Tian Yue, and thrived. Xun Jiang, like sadly so many of their siblings, was almost like a survivor, brought back from the brink of what had almost been a second fading, in a way.

"I don't..." He finally replied, looking... well, downright miserable.

Sosiqui
"Never fear - I am certain it is not a sign of anything," Tian Yue said, forcefully, a little more loudly than he'd meant to. "You are hale and healthy, brother, anyone could see that." And yet there was that faint niggling fear now, something he couldn't ignore - what had happened with his other brothers when their hosts failed? Had it begun, thus...

No. No. That was foolishness. The Dragon King forcefully shoved away the seed of anxiety. "Time, then; if not, our Lord can surely remind you. To hear His voice speak your true name is like..." His words trailed off as he failed to find a proper description. Instead, he heaved a sigh of pure satisfaction.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Tian Yue was right. He had to be right. It was easy to latch on that answer and do all that he could to believe it, like a younger brother clinging to an older one.

"I long for His presence." That was an understatement, really. "I must see Him soon, yes..."

Once he was more comfortable in his change, he would. He had no want to make himself look silly in front of his beloved Master.

Sosiqui
"Then you must make haste, brother! See Him, and let Him whisper scales over you." Tian Yue paddled close enough to place a large, reassuring hand on his brother's shoulder. "All will be well. This is the time of Creation, not of Destruction."

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."I know that." He knew that very well, had seen it through and with Illisia. Through it seemed that their lord might, in fact, be preparing something...

Patience was something he'd learned - he could wait and see, a little longer... Surely.

Maybe it was just time, as Tian Yue had said. Still, he accepted the touch - and the comfort it brought him - gladly. "Thank you, brother."

Sosiqui
Tian Yue gave his brother's shoulder a hopefully reassuring squeeze before releasing him. "Perhaps stay in your element as much as you can until then? You may remember one morning and wake up in scales. This is a time for celebration, at any rate... and relaxation. Bother, I'm turning into a prune." The Dragon King made a face at his own fingertips, wrinkled from the water. "I'm a god. What next? Pimples?"

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Ha, as if he'd need a reason to do that. No, Ti Lung was already in his element as much as possible - delighted to finally be able to feel, and be with it, again.

Illisia had gone on swims, yes, but it hadn't been the same.

An amused look at his own hand proved that he was also turning into a prune, through the water dragon certainly couldn't care less. "How undignified, brother mine. I thought you were supposed to set me a good example to me to follow ?" He teased, pushing his worries away from the time being.

Sosiqui
"Hah! No, I feel better if it takes you the same way, Ti Lung." Tian Yue grinned and paddled towards the shore, settling once he'd found a depth at which he could both rest and keep his head above water at the same time. "Perhaps the god of Water also suffers, so."

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Only for now, I assure you." He stuck out his tongue, staying put even as Tian Yue moved to get out of the water. He felt perfectly fine in there, thank you !

Through... "Water had been reborn ? Which one ?" This was interesting, interesting indeed. He couldn't... remember what kind of relationship he and the two of waters might have had. Or even the two or rivers. But surely there'd been something there, and even if there hadn't... Well, he certainly would have liked to know of them now.

Sosiqui
"Yes... I met Kaelin once, a long time ago. I have not seen him in some... some years. Was he at the Renaming of the Crown? Most who were enfleshed then were..." Tian Yue's eyes lost focus as he tried to remember. "I recall Byrne, Rebirth, dancing himself to ash, and... oh, brother, it was..."

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."No one's ever told me much about the ceremony itself..." Xun Jiang had to admit. But then, he hadn't really asked either. He'd been more focused on trying to figure the grigori out, with little success.

"What was it like ?" An unforgettable thing, no doubt. Somewhere where he should have been, and hadn't.

As much as he needed to stop beating himself up over the past, it still rankled, that he'd been gone, missing, at the times where he might have been needed the most.

Sosiqui
"It was... it was everything, brought to bear on nothing and bringing back something." The Dragon King smiled faintly. "I am not trying to be poetic, brother, but there truly are no words... I spent most of my time crafting the Name to whisper into the Chrysalis, to call Him back to us and out of Gehenna's maw. Carrying that enormity in my mind, in my mouth, made the rest of things rather a blur."

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."I understand, brother." The awe in Tian Yue's voice was impossible to ignore, and this might be something he'd never understand.

He finally emerged from the water himself, padding his way to his brother and resting himself against him, careful of the shoulder spikes. "A miracle brought down to earth, then." He said, softly. "As gods should do in times of need..."

His brother's presence was warm, comforting.

Sosiqui
"Indeed so." Tian Yue leaned back, also careful of his spikes and horns. This would be more enjoyable in dragon-shape, but... well. Having such a large true form could be enormously inconvenient at times. Especially indoors. "May we bring forth many great miracles in the ages to come."

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.This would also be more enjoyable with more brothers about, but maybe Xun Jiang was just biased. It was hard to make a proper dragonpile with only two dragons, really !

"Yes... We shall." He said, smiling. "We will all rise again, brother... We will."

And then... And then they would all be together again, eventually, one day. Like how it should always have been.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:58 pm
Hearken, That There Were Stars And Sky Again....

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:00 pm
Watching The Stars

Long after everyone who had gathered, had dispersed, returned to wherever they had come from, Xun Jiang yet remained, and watched. The dragon king had stayed near his wellspring, watching it flow on the vivid green grass, ever-so-slowly. Even as people moved around him, he remained still.

The dragon king had watched them all take their leave, one by one – be they gods, known or not. Ageless. Aoidei. Mortals, drawn in drove, mortals who had looked in awe by the miracle that had unfolded itself in front of their very eyes, kept safe by the flow of energies by the Worldshield's scales.

He'd caught a flash of white fur, and hadn't even dared to look more closely, to look up and see the face that belonged to the form. Ti Lung hadn't dared to look and see if it was truly Adrienne, or someone else, anyone else who sported snow white fur.

And he had also watched the sky, a sight he had never seen for himself in this life. The sky, the heavens above, had been long faded away, eaten, devoured, and thorn apart by void when Illisia had been entrusted with the gem containing his essence. Even in her memories, he had to look so far back to the see the sky as it should have been.

This still wasn't the sky as it should have been. He had seen it, in his brother's eyes, in Tian Yue's tears. There was no Universe behind those stars, and while he had not known the god, and remembered nothing if he even had, he could understand his brother's pain, even if he found himself unsure, unable to remember what place Universe had in his brother's heart. That he had a place in it, however, had been undeniable.

For him, and for almost everyone, those stars were as they always had been, shining bright in the sky. Undistinguished from what they had once looked, so long ago. For Tian Yue, what were they ? Shards, echoes, simple lights without life ? Surely the small orbs he'd carefully held within claws would not sing to his brother, the way water sang for him ?

His heart went out for his celestial brother, even if he was sure he couldn't even begin to understand the situation he was in. It was probably impossible for anyone but the worldshield to understand fully, but he will be support nonetheless, should he wish for it. Brothers always stood together in times of need.

More than that, he was mulling over the events that had happened. The sight of his Master, his beloved Master, so weak, collapsing into Xia Lu Ling's awaiting hold, nagged at him. He doubted it had sat right with any of his brothers to see Him that way, with the exception of Zhijian, who seemed just as spent. Perhaps he'd let the Fangbridle recover his strength, before making good of his promise to train with him.

Another thing heavy on his mind was the council. He had stayed his voice, and now he wandered if it had been wise. Deep within him, within his heart, he knew he didn't want a council. He wanted his Master to hold the place that was his.

But even he couldn't deny the need for it, and now he found himself regretting his silence. A council of five. Glyph had been both surprising and not surprising at once, and likely one he might have backed, had he not felt so overwhelmed. Tian Yue had not come as a surprise, not in the least, and he certain he had not needed to voice his agreement for his brother to know of it. He had always held Tien Lung in high regards, in this new life, and probably in the ones before as well. Ashoka was one remembered through Illisia, as servant of his brother Ying Long. He knew that while odd and quirky, she could be trusted, and her skills would probably be useful in the future.

Underworld... he did not know, did not see before that very day, so he couldn't possibly decide. As far as he knew, Underworld was an unknown factor. He wasn't sure if he even wanted to get close to this god, in full rebirth and majesty, imposing like the very bowels of the earth in which he dwelt. He seemed strict, imposing, unyielding. Him an aspect of Life, and he an aspect of Death, in his own way. He wasn't sure if they could see eye to eye on certain matter. Perhaps this was best left to the brother that shared his name – he could see similarities in between Nergal and Jin Huang, and yet he'd never felt uncomfortable in his brother's presence.

Confusing. Everything was confusing.

The only real problem, in his mind, was Greed. He was inclined to distrust her by influence alone. Would she do good of the power she had been given, or would she simply use it for her own gain ? He was uncertain. In reality, he truly did not know enough to be sure, but... What was done was done. It was much too late now – he had missed his chance to speak out. The other gods seemed to... well, if not trust her, then believe she could do something. Perhaps he was being unfair. Perhaps his judgement was skewed. That was perfect possible.

The dragon looked at the stars, and hoped he hadn't made a mistake. Then, he sighed, lowered his scaled head on the ground, rested his muzzle just close enough to the wellspring, his wellspring, to let the tiny trickle of water lap against the tip of his muzzle. He was worn, tired by having extended his power and summoned this wellspring – it seemed too tiny for the effort it had taken, much too small to truly do honor for his beloved Master, but it had been enough for the purposes what had to have been carried out.

Why was everything so complicated ? Why did Elik avoid him like he did ? Would Adrienne always mourn the loss of Illisia ? Why did he and Glyph continued to go down those awkward paths, never quite managed to nail down what they wanted, what they needed of each other, be it only friends or... something more. Why couldn't he decide ?

Why did he yet still feel like the smallest wyrm, and not the great dragon king he was supposed to be ?

Only time would tell for sure. Eventually he would take more steps, no matter if they futile, to try to remedy all this. But now, Ti Lung was too worn, too tied, too ragged to do more than let himself fall prey to melancholy.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:01 pm
The Unavoidable

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.He really shouldn't put this off anymore. It had already been put of long enough.

Even if he had wanted to do so, it was unavoidable - Adrienne was Glyph's aoide, and he and Forest would likely keep on walking likewise steps, or at least it was the hopeful feeling he'd had from their meetings together, soon after he'd become himself again. And Elik, whom he still talked with every now and then, seemed quite close to the little werewolf...

That and well, he didn't want to. He found himself missing her quite terribly, but that fear of rejection has kept him away. He wasn't Illisia - what Adrienne probably wanted. Well, not completely.

Still, he couldn't help the knots forming themselves in his stomach as he wandered outside, looking for her. Best to try to meet her on neutral ground, somewhere open... Somewhere where he could take dragon form with the most ease if she wished for him to do so.

Maybe he was worrying too much, but he found it better to be safe than sorry. Illisia had loved Adrienne like if she had been her own child, in a way - and some of that affection still lived on in the dragon king. To see her ill at ease...

Meepfur
Adrienne was...coping, to the extent that she coped with anything. She'd cried - a lot - and struggled to get back to what was normal for her: to be happy, joyful, to have fun and just be Adi. She'd been mostly successful, as it was her natural state, but there was that lingering sadness, an inescapable hole in her life, and a guilty feeling that it would be wrong to let go of that mourning. Illisia had meant so much to her, been so many things: friend, teacher, mother-figure. She had idolized the night elf, who'd given her a more definite path in life, to be not just an aoide, but Glyph's aoide, and a druid. The loss was profound, and would have been difficult even had she been older than her four years; it was just so hard to process and understand it all.

Today, she was Not Thinking About It. She was in her little clearing, sitting against her tree, and watching the rosebushes that circled the area intently. Something had been eating her roses, and she was determined to discover the culprit. If she just waited long enough, maybe it would show itself...

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.And there she was, and he was probably far from the critter she had been on the lookout to try to spy.

For a moment, the dragon froze. It looked like she hadn't seen him. Maybe he could just...

No, he reminded himself. He couldn't.

"Adrienne ?" He said, but didn't move. Let her take whatever steps she felt comfortable in taking. "I'd... like to talk with you, if you don't mind."

Meepfur
No, a dragon was not what she'd been expecting at all. Not a dragon, not a ghost.

There was still so much of her in him - her color, her ears, even a little of her smell - but it was the differences that were the hardest. He had scales, wings, a tail, and though there were feminine elements to him, there was a definite masculinity now, especially in his face. The beauty she'd once so admired was changed, and would eventually be gone completely.

She didn't hate him, she didn't resent him, but she didn't know what she felt except confusion. It would have been easier if the resemblance weren't so clear, an echo of what she'd lost...but Adi also knew Illisia could still be there, in some way or another. She really didn't know how to react, so she tried to fall back on 'normal' with mixed results.

"Xun?" she smiled tentatively, though her tail was notably still. "Y-Yeah, of course."

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.It hurt to see her that way. That much was undeniable, and he didn't know how to deal with this. At all. Illisia had learned to deal with loss, but not anything... like this. He had nothing he could base upon to make the young girl smile again, to make her understand that everything would be alright.

She was so young, in spite of looking much older. It might well be the first time she had lost someone, and he had nothing to guide his steps.

Well, nothing but instinct and the fierce love and care he had for her, the one that Illisia also had.

Finally, he did the first step that led her toward her, and stopped, settling to sit beside her.

"Your flowers look lovely, still." Good job dodging the issue there, mighty dragon king. He looked to be just as awkward as she felt.

Meepfur
Adi didn't object when Xun sat beside her, although the happy hug she usually greeted friends with was absent. "Something's been eating the roses," she replied after a moment of hesitation. Dodging was fine, that worked. That was easier, even if she wanted to just ask how much of him was who, but she was also afraid that it might not be the answer she wanted. "I'm trying to catch it, but I haven't even seen it yet."

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The dragon settled with his head resting on his knees, tail curled up around his body in a full circle, tip tapping against the side of his wing in a way that could only be interpreted as nervously, much like someone else might otherwise squirm or run their fingers through their hair.

Part of him wanted to hug her, but it seemed wiser to restrain that urge.

He peered slightly as the nearest rose bush. Most likely some sort of herbivore, through... "Kind of looks like rabbit teeth marks to me. Or some sort of rodent, through the details of the animals of this world still escape me a bit..."

He mostly ate fish. Fish was delicious. And easy to hunt for a river-dwelling dragon.

Meepfur
Adi glanced sideways briefly, distracted by his tapping tail. It was a nice tail, really, long with a finned end. Was it sharp? Curiosity urged her to touch it, but she refrained, fingers twitching just a little. "You think so? I wonder why it just eats the roses, though, and not any of the leaves...or the snapdragons, or the orchids. It just wants the roses. Do they taste better?"

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The tail kept on tapping, it's owner unaware of the temptation the aoide was going through. The fins were sharp, and might actually cause decent damage should the dragon have any wish to do such, but the rest was all smooth scale.

"Im not too sure... I might be wrong, too. I can't say I've ever tasted a rose...." He admitted. Awkward conversation was awkward.

Enough of this. He reminded himself.

"So... How have you been doing ?" It was an opening.

Meepfur
"I..." That was a hard question. It was hard to grasp everything, let alone put it into words, and besides that, she didn't want to make him feel bad. It wasn't his fault - well, maybe it was, but not like that. Illisia had chosen this, and had already been a host when Adi had met her. She couldn't fault him for anything. "Just working with Glyph, you know. Sometimes I feel like it's going to take forever to get to be an aoide."

So that probably wasn't what he'd been going for, but it was a start.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.So young... So young, indeed. He wanted to hold her, hug her, take care of her, much like Illisia had, and it was maddening.

"The best things are sometimes the hardest to do, and the longest to see happen." He said, finally tilting his head, to look at her. "But then it finally happens, and it feels... Truly like you've done something. It feels so much better than if somehow everything had been easy. I know you can do it, Adi..." He slipped in the familiar nickname all too easy. "Even if it takes a long time... I know you'll be a lovely aoide."

Meepfur
"You sound like Rio." Adi smiled a little.

"I just wish I could figure out why I have to wait," she said with a sigh. It was actually sort of easy to talk to Xun when she didn't think about it too much. His presence was familiar. "Am I supposed to be older? A better druid? I can keep learning after, though..."

"Or maybe we're just not supposed to bother Harmodius." That would be an easier reason to be patient with.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Then that must mean we're right, arn't we ?" He said with a smile.

"Harmodius is still recovering from the remaking." Oh, he would know - he missed his master deeply ! But he couldn't even fathom doing something like Creation had done, or how he had even done it, so it seemed better to let him rest a little more... Through company, perhaps, he would not be adverse to.

"So that is probably why. Last I have seen you were learning very quickly." He nodded. Little that he could do to help her, now - Illisia's talents were lost to him, and his own skills were not something she could learn, really.

Meepfur
The werewolf frowned in semi-affectionate annoyance at the dragon's conclusion. She'd already been with Glyph for more than a year...that was, like, more than a quarter of her life! It was a Very Long Time, at least in her reckoning, and it was even harder to be patient without a clear end in sight. Not that she was likely to ever say any of this to Glyph; she didn't want him to know she was being impatient! That could be counterproductive.

"If I could get someone to teach me more..." But that was hard to think about, when everything she knew about being a druid was bound up in memories of Illisia. There also weren't a lot of druids around, except for Elik, who seemed somewhat reluctant.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Elik ?" was the dragon's first thought, of course, and lips pursed thoughtfully, in a way that was very Illisia. "Through you'd have to get him to stop going on about how he's not good at it and just get him to show you... He's stubborn like that."

Hn. Through, this was maybe the sign Adi had been looking for. Xun Jiang seemed awfully familiar with his host's son...

"Im sure there are bound to be more druids around if you keep an eye open, through." Hadn't he seen one near Glyph actually ? He couldn't quite remember...

Meepfur
"Do you think he would? I've been worried about bothering him." But then, maybe he would like the distraction. Adi's ears twitched while she thought, considering both the dragon and his suggestion. He reminded her of Illisia, for certain. It was odd, but also...comforting.

"Are there? I don't really know how to find them. Glyph said he'd take me with him when he goes to see the night elves again, but I don't know when that'll be. He's even busier now than he was."

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."I don't think it would bother him, really." This was going... Well, smoother than he had expected it to go - it made him hopeful, just like Glyph had made him hopeful, that things would work themselves out as long as he tended to them.

He couldn't be Illisia, not fully, but he could be himself. He couldn't take her place, but maybe, just maybe, he could make his own.

"He does have a lot to do, I admit." He could have taken her, but... no, he wasn't ready for that. Not yet. "But night elves arn't the only druids... I've had a small run in with an human, said his name was Eridan, and his family were almost all druids. I wouldn't be surprised if he was one himself..." With that, Adi certainly had multiple options, if he proved to be right.

Meepfur
"Oh, good!" Adi smiled a little, relieved. She did so want to learn from Elik, and not just because she had such a crush on him. He was Illisia's son, and well...it just seemed right to learn from him, if she could get him to teach her.

"Really?" The werewolf's ears perked with interest. "Where were they?"

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."They seem to keep close to the pantheon, but I don't know much more than that. I'll keep an eye out for you, if you'd like ?"

Through, perhaps Elik first. He knew that he was probably desperate for something to do. A way to grieve and forget. The dragon couldn't bite back his sigh in time. Things were complicated - and they probably always would be, in some way.

A quick look at the flowers revealed no culprit yet, so he returned his focus back on Adrienne. "Beyond that, how are you feeling ?" He asked, tentatively.

Meepfur
"That would be great!" Her enthusiasm at the propect of meeting more druids, however, was tempered when Xun asked again how she was. She sighed, and fiddled with her furry toes for a moment.

"I-I miss her, you know? She was...I loved her." Adi sniffed and wiped at her eyes before any tears could start. "And I'm worried about Laurence." Why, why had she had to go and make friends with hosts? She could only have them for so long, and then...

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.It wasn't easy to listen to, but he'd asked. And well, it was better for her to express herself, let her grief known and live it, rather than bottle it in. Even if what he was about to reveal was not something he intended to touch upon with most of the pantheon.

"Adi... Cry if you need to, dear. Don't hold it back for me." He cupped her chin gently, brushed her cheek softly. Familiar movements that came with little need to think about them. "There's something you need to know, something I want to tell you. Illisia isn't gone." He smiled. "She is me, and I am her. I couldn't bear the thought of losing her, either." Well, that was the simplified explanation. He didn't want to scare the poor girl further by going into failed hosts and how he'd lost more than that in the process. "I know it isn't the same... But I still care for you just as much as she did. ...I wanted you to at least know that."

For Laurence... Well, there was little he could do to ease her fears there. What happened there would be up to his brother, and not him.

Meepfur
"I don't want to cry more," she said, though she nearly did at the gentle touch and what he revealed after. All this time, that had been what she was afraid to ask, afraid to know: was Illisia still there, was she Xun the way that Alex was Rio, or was she gone? Would what they had been be gone? To finally hear that those fears were unfounded sent relief flooding through her; she knew that it wasn't exactly the same, but it was far, far better than nothing.

A few tears did finally slip past as she hugged the dragon tight.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The silence was deafening, and it felt like it lasted forever. Thoughts flashed through his mind like quick, painful lightning strikes. There he'd gone and pretty much laid himself bare, somehow thinking that it might help, and he hadn't god the wildest idea of how she would react. Foolish, foolish...

Then she hugged him and it all melted away. He closed his own arms and tail around her, and let her find the comfort she sought.

Chirp...

Long ears perked, and a side-glance revealed something - a white and blue floox with.... wings ?! hapilly munching on the roses.

Heavens knew how long the tiny little creature had been having it's feast.

Meepfur
Adi would have been happy to stay that way, hugged and hugging, indefinitely. It was comforting, and it was a huge step towards things feeling right again. But just as a sigh of contentment slipped out, something chirped. It was the thing, the thing that was eating her plants! She half-turned in Xun arms to lay eyes on the culprit, and got quite a surprise.

In all her lying in wait for the mystery eater-of-roses, Adi had fully intended to chase it away from her precious flowers that she'd spent so much time on, but all that changed when the creature finally appeared. It wasn't some terrible, tiny monster who'd been making meals of her roses, but a floox - and not just any floox, but a floox with wings! She gasped and froze at the sight of it, as though afraid it would flee if she moved too much and startled it.

"I-it's a floox," she marveled in a hushed whisper. Her intention, now that she'd seen it, was quite the opposite of what it had been: not to drive it off, but to catch it and keep it. There would never be any such thing as too many flooxes, and she'd never seen one like this before. It was special, and she wanted it!

It certainly didn't seem to mind them being there...tentatively, Adi held a hand in its direction and clicked at it.

Clinging to the bush, the floox peered at her with a mixture of suspicion and curiosity. What did they want? It was busy eating!

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.It was, indeed, a floox - through he'd never seen a floox with wings before, how strange ! - and of course Adi's reaction was rather predictable as she changed her mind about the little monster that had been devouring her roses.

"I've never seen a floox like this before..." He mused, through remained perfectly still - less the strange floox mistake him for a predator and dart away.

Meepfur
Hmm. While it didn't mind that they were around, it also didn't seem inclined to come over, despite her efforts at cooing and encouraging it over. It was not impressed! But she couldn't just let it go. What if it found more roses somewhere else and she never saw it again? That would be terrible! She needed to catch it here and now, she decided.

Shifting her position somewhat reluctantly away from Xun Jiang, she readied herself to pounce, tail flicking in determined concentration. As the floox turned its attention away from them and back to its meal, she leapt at it.

The poor, unsuspecting thing yelped in surprise as the werewolf seized it, wriggling in her hands and flailing its little wings."Gotchya!"

The floox as clearly much less happy about this turn of events than she was.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Well, he certainly could have instructed Adi to stand behind and bowl the poor unsuspecting creature with a wave, but that was probably considered animal cruelty. Adrienne's plan was much less likely to end in disaster and did, indeed, seem to work.

As for if the floox would stay where it was now trapped, well, sometimes lessons had to be learned the old-fashioned way.

He was silent and still as the werewolf moved, and then sprung the trap, so to speak. "I really didn't expect that..." Referring to the winged creature, and not Adi pouncing, that is.

Meepfur
"Me either." Plunking back down into a sit with the wriggling creature still held tight in her hands, Adi frowned gently at it. "Oh, hush, I'm not gonna hurt you. I have lots of flooxes. Bet you can even smell 'em on me, if you'd just calm down already."

The little winged floox was unconvinced, and chittered angrily back at her.

"I should probably take it home. If it sees the others, maybe it'll stop freaking out."

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Maybe." The dragon mused, then, after a moment, grinned as an idea crossed his mind. "Should I bring you back home, then ?"

The gleam in the dragon's eyes promised adventure - and maybe even mischief - should she agree to it.

Meepfur
"If you want!" Even if there hadn't been that little added mischief in Xun Jiang's eyes, Adi would have been happy to have him 'escort' her home. There were some other things she wanted to talk to him about more, anyway. Well, one. Easy to guess what that was! "Hey, what sort of presents do night elves like?"

The floox squirmed a little more, then seemed to give up for the moment, but continued to grumble at his captor.

Zero Dream
The question caught Xun Jiang off-guard at first - the dragon blinked. Once, twice.

Then, even as he rose again and started to walk away from Adi and her tiny little treasure, he smiled.

"Night elves tend to treasure feelings and memories over trinkets." One step. "...Spend time with him. Be with him. Go hunt with him, perhaps - he always likes company." Another. "Through... If you insist on something physical..." Another step. "He does have a weakness for little glass trinkets. And jewelry."

This wasn't exactly a turn of events that he had expected, but perhaps this was for the best. Help me, Adi.

Help me save the man who is, and yet isn't, my son.

He was far enough, now. Far enough to not accidentally harm Adi or scare the winged floox too badly, and so he let go. The act of shifting was similar and yet completely different from the way Illisia had done it. It was too smooth, too practiced to be her, but yet the idea behind the gestures was the same.

Now on four feet rather than one, the dragon completed his step and looked back. "Well ?" He sniffed at the air idly. "Take place, my lady."

Could a dragon grin ? Because it definitively looked like he was grinning.

Meepfur
Adi was a little surprised that Xun Jiang seemed to get exactly why she was asking so quickly, but on second thought, it was probably pretty obvious. There was hardly an abundance of night elves around here, so she had to be asking about Elik. The rest probably wasn't much of a leap. "I can do that." It didn't sound so hard, really. "I like making things."

Then Xun turned into a dragon and cut off all her thoughts for a moment. She almost let go of the floox, but once it started trying to take advantage of that by wiggling, she quickly tightened her grip, and it grumbled and lashed its long tail.

"That is SO COOL."

Zero Dream
"Never seen a dragon shift before ?" He asked, tone definitively amused. She'd nearly dropped the poor little critter ! But ah, no escape for that floox, it seemed, through that had looked like a close call.

"Well ?" He wagged his tail idly. "Careful, before your little friend here hightails it... I don't think it would be fond of me chasing it." Especially not like this, no.

Meepfur
"Nope! I've seen Yu, but he was just...Yu, I think. He still looked pretty cool, though." With all those eyes and horns! What did anyone need with more than two eyes?

In all her excitement, she'd almost missed than Xun seemed to be inviting her to get on him. He was going to give her a ride home? Adi squeaked a little with delight and climbed aboard, careful to keep hold of her fluffy 'prize' - who was decidedly not happy with this latest development. Chirping angrily, he tried to turn his head just enough to bite the hand that held him.

Adi yelped and flicked him on the nose.

Zero Dream
Xun Jiang couldn't help but chuckle. Yu being... Yu sounded rather accurate indeed. "My brother does indeed stand out quite a bit."

The floox quick to try to take advantage but also quickly disciplined - Adi did have a chance to domesticate the cranky little thing, if she kept this up. "Hold on my mane with your free hand, if you need to. Don't worry about pulling."

And then he set off, back toward the pantheon - through with a much lighter heart than when he'd left it.

Maybe there was hope to righten all this, after all.

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:01 pm
Earth And Underground

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.It was raining today - a light trickle, but enough to send most scurrying to reach their destinations, or to hide under umbrellas.

Only most - one certainly didn't mind the rain at all. In fact, Xun Jiang had stepped into it on purpose, and was now strolling through the streets and heading toward the market at a leisurely slow pace, in spite of the various beings, mortal and immortal, who were trying to get out of the rain as soon as possible.

Silly people. He really couldn't understand trying to get away from water in any way. He liked his element too much to deny himself of it for too long. The water droplets were just the slightest bit cool, and highly refreshing.

Ithiltari
While Jin Huang would never stoop to anything as undignified as hurrying through anything as light as this rain, he didn't see the point in strolling along as though this was enjoyable. This dragon very much preferred to be dry, and indoors, thank you very much. Which was why he had a sensible black umbrella open above his head. That solved one problem, and he was en route to solving the other when he became aware of a familiar presence.

One of his brothers was also out in the rain. Jin Huang stopped, letting the other pedestrians flow around him while he tried to figure out where, exactly, this other dragon was at, as well as which one it was.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.It wouldn't take long for Jin Huang to figure out exactly which one of their brothers this was - Xun Jiang stood out quite easily in the crowd, and not only because he was one of the few walking a leisurely pace. Twilight skin and long tail and wings did not go easily unnoticed.

Also, he was drenched. Nothing new here.

It was the similar feeling of brother nearby that made Ti-Lung stop, eventually turning to look in Jin Huang's direction, but not quite making him out yet.

Ithiltari
As he continued to scan the crowd, Jin Huang finally noticed the one, rather unusual looking member of it. Ah. That had to be his brother; it was likely no one except a member of the Pantheon could manage to look quite like that.

But which one?

Easy enough to figure out, once he thought about it. The process of elimination quickly brought the name to the forefront of his mind, as well as his lips. "Xun Jiang!" he called out happily, making quick strides to bring him closer to his sibling.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.He head his name called, and was finally able to find the source of the call. "Brother !" Oh, yes, yes, yes ! Jin Huang he hadn't seen at all since he had taken over, save from the remaking of the sky. But there, they had both been quite busy.

Ti Lung then proceeded to cut through the hurrying crowd, which meant a few people got smacked with wings, but in his excitement, he didn't notice. "Jin Huang ! How have you been ?"

Ithiltari
It was certainly nice to see another of his siblings in the flesh, as it were. Jin Huang had noted the change approvingly when they'd seen each other at the ceremony, but hadn't been able to speak with the other dragon at the time. Besides, they'd both been dragons, which was to be expected, though hardly conducive for viewing the changes growth had wrought.

"I have been doing well," he replied, raising one eyebrow at the sight of his brother's wings while suppressing a slight flicker of jealousy. "Keeping busy, and all of that. Yourself?"

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."I have been well, as well." Well, aside from... well, personal troubles that he saw no need to bother his brother with.

"Through... We should probably step somewhere a little more dry before you wind up drenched, hm ? The rain doesn't feel like it will ease up anytime soon." He could not tell in true certainty, of course, as he couldn't control the water in the air, but the clouds were quite telling on that regard.

He wouldn't mind staying right where he was, but he figured it would be otherwise for Jin Huang.

Ithiltari
Jin Huang was certainly not averse to getting out of the rain, umbrella or no. "Certainly," he replied magnanimously. "Was there anywhere in particular you were bound?" The dragon arched an eyebrow. "Or were you simply out enjoying the weather?"

Despite a tendency towards acid edged sarcasm, Jin Huang managed to weight his last question with friendly teasing.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."I was only out enjoying the weather, as you have noticed." Was the amused answer Jin Huang got in return. Really, what else he was supposed to do on a day like this ? Scamper away from the rain like everyone else ? Ha !

"I will try not to shake water all over you, but I cannot promise anything." The friendly teasing was mirrored right back to sender, as Ti Lung looked around for a dryer place where the two of them could talk, hopefully undisturbed.

Ithiltari
He shook his head in mock reproof. "Some people simply don't have the sense to come in out of the rain." He arched an eyebrow at his brother. "Although I suppose some of us don't really need to. If I was going to be fair about the matter, anyway."

Jin Huang's eyes had been busily scanning the shops around them, looking for roughly the same thing. "That is quite magnanimous of you indeed," he replied absently. "Ah! There's a tea shop ahead we could duck into." He liked tea well enough, though how Xun Jiang felt about it was another matter entirely.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.A tea shop ? That sounded like a lovely idea indeed. "I certainly could enjoy a good cup or two." Especially in his brother's company. He was quick to head toward the the shop.

"Could you get us a table ? I am going to try to dry myself off some first." See, Xun Jiang had manners. Somewhat. He could only hope there were actual tables inside, and not tiny stalls. He would have such a grand time trying to squeeze those wings of his into one of those.

Not.

Ithiltari
Oh good, another brother capable of enjoying the wonderful trappings of civilization. Jin Huang let out a small, pleased sigh.

"Of course," he said, edging ahead of Xun Jiang and casting a glance, along with a crooked smile, behind him. "An umbrella is more convenient." On the last word, he snapped his shut and headed inside, shaking it lightly to shed a modicum of the water on it.

Once inside, the dragon headed towards an unoccupied table. While he didn't have the wings his brother did, chairs were much nicer for his tail than a booth. Locating one near the back, he settled in to wait for Xun Jiang and a member of the waitstaff to notice him.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."An umbrella ? What is this strange thing you speak of ?" Xun Jiang asked, the perfect picture of fake innocence - eyebrows batting and all, through he was unable to contain his amusement as Jin Huang turned to go inside.

It was not too long before he did follow his brother inside, more or less dry save for the clothing and mane... Which were only slightly damp, anyway, so what harm could it do, really.

Oh, and thank the Twin Crown, there were tables. Still, sitting down was interesting - if the wings did not get in the way, then the tail did. It took a bit of a struggle, but finally, Xun Jiang managed.

Really. Freaking wings.

"This place is rather nice..." He had never entered it before, but it was charming in it's own way, with some definite asian influences. It was not long before one of the waitresses came, asking the two what they would like to order.

"Hmm." Really, what to try ? Illisia had not been much of a tea drinker, and really, he could not even remember if he had been... Through it would make sense that he might have. "Green tea, please."

Start with the basics, right ?

Ithiltari
Jin Huang watched his brother get settled with a blandly neutral expression on his face. It was, in his opinion, more amusing to present that sort of face than to smirk, or otherwise overtly show that he found the situation rather funny. Then again, he'd been accused of having an obscure sense of humor before.

"It is, isn't?" he replied, sounding pleased. He hadn't ever been inside either, but it had made a tentative place for itself on his mental list of places worth visiting in this market. He looked around with a somewhat proprietary air, as if the shop had come into existence solely for his pleasure.

Jin Huang was something of an egotist.

When the waitress arrived, it took him a moment to decide on a tea. "Oolong," he ordered finally. "So tell me, brother, what have you been up to?" He waved a hand. "I've been much involved with my own affairs, and have very little idea what's going on with anyone."

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.His face pulled into a frown as one wing did get caught in the back of the chair as he had moved to lean on the table slightly, which might add to Jin Huang's so far unnoticed amusement. Bloody... !!!

"I have only recently come into my own." It was more, well, public-friendly than taking over, which had not exactly been the case for him. A great part of him, what had been missing of him all along, was Illisia, and only time would truly tell how deep that actually ran. Not even Xun Jiang himself knew for certain so far. "It was not long before the restoration of the sky, actually." Which, he had to admit, had come in handy, since his influence, small and new as it might be, had been needed.

"I have been mostly tending to my own affairs myself, so far, so I fear that I have little to actually inform you of." Not all of it was good, and a lot of it was extremely confusing. The small bit of annoyance in his tone might betray to his brother that there was, indeed, some difficulties there. "There is so much that I need to... be, again." And little he actually remembered. It seemed like a maze and some days he feared that he might actually never find his way through it.

Ithiltari
He nodded. "A most excellent sense of timing," Jin Huang commented dryly. He had come into his own, to borrow his brother's excellent phrasing, shortly after the ceremony that had restored the Crown's name. Which was, needless to say, hardly ideal. At least Xun Jiang had a better sense of the appropriate!

Jin Huang's eyes narrowed at the hint of annoyance. "Oh?" he asked, placing his elbows on the table while lacing his fingers together and leaning forward. "Is there anything in particular troubling you? Or," he added with a wry twist to his mouth, "Is it more of a general too much to do and not enough time to do it in?" That certainly seemed to be his problem, these days.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."It was handy, I must admit..." Through if he had not, Lord Harmodius might have been able to compensate in another way. He had noticed that not all the dragons had gathered. Kheviel had been missing, and there had been no trace of Shen Lung and Great Chien-Tang, most notably.

"A bit of collumn A, a bit of column B." Ti Lung went silent as the waitress came to serve their teas, and he opted to let his steep a little more before he poured it from the kettle. Still he wanted once the woman was well out of earshot before continuing. "It bothers me that I cannot remember anything." He admitted. Jin Huang would understand - he had lived the same thing. Sometimes he actually forgot about that.

Ithiltari
Jin Huang felt his mouth quirk up in a rueful smile at his brother's initial response. It did often seem that problems that were unable to be resolved due to a lack of time to focus on them ended up becoming very specific concerns further down the road. Alas, he had yet to figure out a solution for that, other than learn how to delegate.

He could practically hear Delmin laughing at the thought.

The dragon lowered his head slightly in a nod of thanks as the tea was delivered, pouring himself a cup as he waited for Xun Jiang to continue. He had the cup raised halfway to his mouth when the comment about remembering caused him to pause and frown slightly. "About?" he asked neutrally. He had a very good idea what his brother was referring to, but he would be damned if he brought it up first. The fact that he had had a previous host wasn't something he wanted to have to think about, especially given what little he remembered.

In all, Jin Huang thought Yu Huang was best left where he belonged - in the past.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Xun Jiang seemed just as willing to actually bring it up as his brother was - not because of Jin Huang, of course, but because of the current setting. He would have trusted Futs Lung with his life, if it came down to that.

But there were other people here, and as much as he wanted to form the words, they refused to come out. "You know what." He finally managed, biting back his sigh. "I get the feeling there is something I should remember, but I cannot figure out what it is."

Ngh. This was apparently all Jin Huang would get for now, through the other patrons seemed rather uninterested in them. Any glances sent their way was probably thanks to his rather... unusual appearance.

Maybe he could ask Tian Yue if he could recall anything. They were all brothers, and they had been close. Zhijian might remember some of the far away past, as well­. He truly had no idea - had never asked.

Ithiltari
"Mm," Jin Huang replied noncommittally. Personally, he felt that if you couldn't remember, you couldn't remember and it was time to move on with life. Then again, there had certainly been enough proof that memories of the ancient, not recent, past were useful; Gehenna was of course the obvious situation, one that stuck in everyone's thoughts. If more of them had remembered, would things have come to such a dreadful pass?

Shaking his head lightly as if to clear it of such useless speculation, he finally took a sip of his tea, pleased to find that it hadn't cooled off too much. "Perhaps," he continued slowly, "Because of the circumstances, you think there must be something to remember, something important." He looked at his brother intently and let out a small sigh. "What if there's not?"

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.What if there weren't anything ? That was a valid point, he had to admit. There might not be, as far as he knew. If anyone he had known before the fading still lived, doubtlessly they would show up just like Lindita had. The demoness' nature did make him wonder if she had been a gift from this particular brother, a long time ago, but it did not matter. Likely neither of them would remember.

"That is a possibility." He admitted, staring down at his own cup before finally drinking from it. "Either way I will probably never know, and I need to accept that."

And he would... hopefully. What good would going down that path do for him ? That time was long, long gone. He was more bothered by the lack of pre-fading memory than anything he might have gotten from his first host. That/i] was not something he was tempted to figure out much about.

"I certainly have more important things to worry about, at any rate." He had a future to build, and so many things to figure out still.

Ithiltari
Making another noncommittal noise, Jin Huang stared at his own cup for a moment. Talking about the past, even in such a roundabout manner, had unexpectedly disturbed him more than he really wanted to think about. It was over and done with, and for the most part the dragon had a very hard time understanding why people continued to pick at it. With a small sigh, he absentmindedly ran his fingers through his hair; it was obviously agesture he made often, as he managed to avoid getting his sleeve caught on his horn.

"Indeed," he commented, mind already nagging him with all of the things he had to worry about. "To the future," Jin Huang continued, raising his cup in a mock toast while smiling slightly.

Zero Dream
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Xun Jiang could tell that there was something bothering his brother - and, well, he had a good idea that he probably had caused it. It was not something any of the dragons talked about often, to his knowledge, and this was exactly why.

So he decided that it was probably time to let the matter drop. Jin was right, anyway. It would take longer for him to truly convince himself, most likely. Or maybe he would never be able to fully convince himself.

But the future was more important than the past. The past could not be changed.

"Right." He raised his own cup with a grin.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:02 pm
The One We Serve

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:44 am
I've Got the Moooves~

[ Journals ]... // Player Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff