Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

l-Kriel-l

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:37 am
Trenn Flashkill
The Eleventh AK
I was thinking at work about how for pretty much the entire call I was doing nothing but screaming into the mic YEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH about everything they were announcing... so... sorry about that sweatdrop

I didn't notice, I was busy stroking it to Reggie.

Like a true fan.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:50 am
Trenn Flashkill
The Eleventh AK
I was thinking at work about how for pretty much the entire call I was doing nothing but screaming into the mic YEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH about everything they were announcing... so... sorry about that sweatdrop

I didn't notice, I was busy stroking it to Reggie.

i liked when he took it off  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:53 am
The Eleventh AK
Waynebrizzle
YEAH ARMY OF TWO!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't get why you seem so annoyed at all the shooters. If anything it's a sign that third parties are actually going to support this thing with games that people want (whether or not you are one of them) and to me that's a damn good sign.

on another note Darksiders is awesum, eff da haters talk2hand

Army of Two is a dumb game. Most "hardcore" gamers agree on that too. It's nothing to be excited about. And yeah, Darksiders is cool if you don't have any Zelda games lying around. I just don't see it being as exciting on a Nintendo console, seeing as they have the real deal.

Maybe if we got a GOOD third party game, like Bioshock or MGS or RE, I'd be excited for third parties, but a lot of that stuff just looked like junk to me. All I'm thinking is third party support won't really be exciting if all we get is bland shooters and Nintendo IP knockoffs.

I'm sure this will all change quick, for the record, but to be honest none of the third party support showed at the conference looked great to me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:19 pm
Waynebrizzle
The Eleventh AK
Waynebrizzle
YEAH ARMY OF TWO!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't get why you seem so annoyed at all the shooters. If anything it's a sign that third parties are actually going to support this thing with games that people want (whether or not you are one of them) and to me that's a damn good sign.

on another note Darksiders is awesum, eff da haters talk2hand

Army of Two is a dumb game. Most "hardcore" gamers agree on that too. It's nothing to be excited about. And yeah, Darksiders is cool if you don't have any Zelda games lying around. I just don't see it being as exciting on a Nintendo console, seeing as they have the real deal.

Maybe if we got a GOOD third party game, like Bioshock or MGS or RE, I'd be excited for third parties, but a lot of that stuff just looked like junk to me. All I'm thinking is third party support won't really be exciting if all we get is bland shooters and Nintendo IP knockoffs.

I'm sure this will all change quick, for the record, but to be honest none of the third party support showed at the conference looked great to me.
I just don't think it's fair to shrug the games they showed off as bad third party support, just because it's not something you're into personally. Mind you, I'm not either, but for example, they showed the new Battlefield, which, while not for me, is pretty critically praised. There is clearly a market for those kinds of games, and developers put a lot of work into them. I think it's great that fans of that sort of gameplay are going to have something to play on this new console, because on the Wii, there really wasn't much for them.

Similarly, I see Darksiders as a lot more than just some Zelda rip-off. Sure, it borrowed a LOT from other games, but I still had a TON of fun with it. The characters were pretty cheesy, but a lot of them had really cool looking models. Also, I was genuinely interested in the story. The setting was really cool too, seeing all these modern looking buildings and roads all ancient and torn to s**t by all this weird fantasy stuff... I just found it really cool and interesting.  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:22 pm
The Eleventh AK
I just don't think it's fair to shrug the games they showed off as bad third party support, just because it's not something you're into personally. Mind you, I'm not either, but for example, they showed the new Battlefield, which, while not for me, is pretty critically praised. There is clearly a market for those kinds of games, and developers put a lot of work into them. I think it's great that fans of that sort of gameplay are going to have something to play on this new console, because on the Wii, there really wasn't much for them.

Similarly, I see Darksiders as a lot more than just some Zelda rip-off. Sure, it borrowed a LOT from other games, but I still had a TON of fun with it. The characters were pretty cheesy, but a lot of them had really cool looking models. Also, I was genuinely interested in the story. The setting was really cool too, seeing all these modern looking buildings and roads all ancient and torn to s**t by all this weird fantasy stuff... I just found it really cool and interesting.

Fair enough. I'm just gonna stay hopeful that more stuff I'd play comes soon.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:50 pm
I can't wait to re-listen to our reactions. It's going to be embarassing when Mario 3DS comes on-screen.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:54 pm
the only time i'll hear me is prolly the starfox part and the wiiu part.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:00 pm
I feel like I was really obnoxiously loud XD

In big calls like that I tend to yell because otherwise nobody hears me  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:14 pm
Yeah, you kinda have to yell. Nah, you weren't too bad. I kept adjusting volumes so I could hear you guys or the conference. Definitely difficult. Next year we all just need to go.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:23 pm
dont they ever have contests like, you and 4 friends could win a trip to e3 conferences anywhere in the US!

id pick, fish, wayne, trenn, and let them fight over #4.

otherwise i'd pick david.

cause hes awesum.  

Xilo The Odd

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:08 am
Xilo The Odd
dont they ever have contests like, you and 4 friends could win a trip to e3 conferences anywhere in the US!

id pick, fish, wayne, trenn, and let them fight over #4.

otherwise i'd pick david.

cause hes awesum.

daw. this made me happy heart

so did this  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items