Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
{ THE DARK COVE } UPDATED SEE PAGE 1 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 89 90 91 92 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
demon_pachabel rolled 2 4-sided dice: 3, 4 Total: 7 (2-8)

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:58 am
kalindara
"Crap," Delta Seven cursed as something leapt out at him. The chubby little shadow monster swiped, and D7 barely managed to dodge it.

He eyed the fiend as it fell back a short distance, no doubt readying itself for another attack. It seemed solid enough right now. He'd just have to hope that the stake would work on it.

Somewhere, Death and whoever else was in charge were probably laughing at them. Humans who thought themselves big and tough, under attack from small shadow creatures.

"It ain't as easy as that," he snapped at the monster. Delta Seven charged it with his stake, driving the wooden weapon forward into it's torso. He quickly yanked it out, and backed up to the Deli and Thev once more.

[[ Weapon: Stake
Roll Average: 10 / 3 = 3.3333
Damage Dealt: 3 or 4 (does it round up or down? probably down?)
HP: 30 ]]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The shadow seemed to throb, and then solidify again as the stake was pulled out of it's torso, before a devious grin formed on it's face and it lunged at Delta Seven once again.

HP: 2
Damage: 3

medigel rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 7 Total: 9 (2-16)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:22 am
Roxy_roxanna2

Something seems to stir in the fog, and then leaps towards you!

HP: 4
Damage Done: 4

"Oh God!" Living shadows? You'd think the hell horse was enough to tell Deli that things weren't natural her, but . . . Agh!

Shadows weren't supposed to hurt!

"B-Back off!" he yelped as he swung his nunchuks. Thankfully they didn't bounce off too hard his hand before flying towards the creature.

(( Weapon: Nunchuks
Damage Done to Self: 2
Damage done to Creature: 7
Total HP: 30 - 4 - 2 = 24 ))

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:19 am
Quietly he adjusted his stance and waited for the next thing to come flying at him - if anything else would fly at him. He highly doubted that he was going to get off that easy as far as oncoming attacks went. At least he was starting to feel a lot better than he had moments prior. He cast a quick glance over at the two Deltas as they went through their fights.

Thus far no one was in too dire of a situation and that was a good thing - as far as he was concerned.

Thus far the 'culling' seemed to only apply to the beasties that lunged at them.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:03 pm
((Entering The Cove, if only AMAZINGLY late.
Just pretend Theta-1 was being the biggest creeper and actually shut up for long enough to follow everyone quietly. XD ))

The run from The Lighthouse all the way to The Cove had really taken a number on poor ol' Theta-1. Though she couldn't remember why, running was kind of nice for her. It relaxed her, it soother her nerves and made her more energetic when it was all over. Did people run for fun? Obviously, memory was a big blanket of "OH I DON'T KNOW" so she didn't really consider it for more than a few seconds. What really did her in was the thinking.
What if this was a trap? (Why was the phrase "Its a trap!" ring through her head in the most hilarious manner?) What if this was a test meant to be failed? What if they hated her and knew how awful a person she was? What if they wanted to mutilate her body so even if she died, no beautiful corpse to be mourned would remain?!

The girl only had enough time to crash in behind the others before she fell down the stairs and proceeded to hide in the shadows. For a long time she just watched, her mouth open behind her mask as she tried her best to breath silently. And then they were in Survival Mode? What was this, some weird-a** video game?
In any event she stood stalk still, her entire body tensed as she continued to watch.
And she watched as shadows attacked. More and more until she could fight her fear no longer and she stepped forward.

"OH MAN." That wasn't very helpful. "OK. Like... If anyone needs help... I can... I think I'm a good shot? I'm a good shot so far." A long pause. "If I just jinxed myself, I will be SO MAD."
Hopefully she hadn't jinxed herself and hopefully she could survive. If need be she'd thrown down that stupid gun and beat the thing to death. Punching seemed like fun!  

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

Marushii rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 6 Total: 12 (2-16)

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:16 pm
AyeAvast
((Entering The Cove, if only AMAZINGLY late.
Just pretend Theta-1 was being the biggest creeper and actually shut up for long enough to follow everyone quietly. XD ))

The run from The Lighthouse all the way to The Cove had really taken a number on poor ol' Theta-1. Though she couldn't remember why, running was kind of nice for her. It relaxed her, it soother her nerves and made her more energetic when it was all over. Did people run for fun? Obviously, memory was a big blanket of "OH I DON'T KNOW" so she didn't really consider it for more than a few seconds. What really did her in was the thinking.
What if this was a trap? (Why was the phrase "Its a trap!" ring through her head in the most hilarious manner?) What if this was a test meant to be failed? What if they hated her and knew how awful a person she was? What if they wanted to mutilate her body so even if she died, no beautiful corpse to be mourned would remain?!

The girl only had enough time to crash in behind the others before she fell down the stairs and proceeded to hide in the shadows. For a long time she just watched, her mouth open behind her mask as she tried her best to breath silently. And then they were in Survival Mode? What was this, some weird-a** video game?
In any event she stood stalk still, her entire body tensed as she continued to watch.
And she watched as shadows attacked. More and more until she could fight her fear no longer and she stepped forward.

"OH MAN." That wasn't very helpful. "OK. Like... If anyone needs help... I can... I think I'm a good shot? I'm a good shot so far." A long pause. "If I just jinxed myself, I will be SO MAD."
Hopefully she hadn't jinxed herself and hopefully she could survive. If need be she'd thrown down that stupid gun and beat the thing to death. Punching seemed like fun!

Something seems to stirs on the ceiling. With a soundless screech, it drops down from above to land on you!

HP: 4
Damage Dealt: 8  
kalindara rolled 3 4-sided dice: 1, 1, 4 Total: 6 (3-12)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:21 pm
demon_pachabel

The shadow seemed to throb, and then solidify again as the stake was pulled out of it's torso, before a devious grin formed on it's face and it lunged at Delta Seven once again.

HP: 2
Damage: 3

Just how sentient were these things, Delta Seven had to wonder? That grin was not at all reassuring. Did the creature know there was something else, something worse, in store for them? Or was it just a simple thing that enjoyed fighting?

D7 was a bit unnerved, but he wouldn't let that stop him from finishing the monster off. He struck at it once again with his stake.

[[ HP: 27
Weapon: Stake
Roll Average: 6 / 3 = 2
Damage Dealt: 2 ]]  

kalindara

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:12 pm
kalindara
Just how sentient were these things, Delta Seven had to wonder? That grin was not at all reassuring. Did the creature know there was something else, something worse, in store for them? Or was it just a simple thing that enjoyed fighting?

D7 was a bit unnerved, but he wouldn't let that stop him from finishing the monster off. He struck at it once again with his stake.

[[ HP: 27
Weapon: Stake
Roll Average: 6 / 3 = 2
Damage Dealt: 2 ]]

The creature made a very sad sounding keening noise before it seemed to vanish, as though it had really never existed in the first place...

HP: 0  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:29 pm
"Alright, that was damn weird," Delta Seven said as the monster disappeared. And why the hell had it sounded so sad? Did these things not want to die? Tough luck, D7 wasn't rolling over and letting humans live in his place, no way he would do it for a monster.

"You done, too, Thev?" he called to Theta-Seven, seeing only two other fights still going on. He did a double take at the other Theta. When had she finally shown up? Must have been during or after the fall into this place, because she sure as hell hadn't been present when the rest of them had been discussing their plan of attack, or handing out nicknames. Latey McLate Theta had missed all the bonding, too bad, so sad. D7 didn't bother to spare her another glance. Instead he turned his attention to Deli.

The other Delta's last strike had been a pretty strong one, maybe enough to finish the creature off. D7 winced as Deli hit himself with the nunchucks - terrible weapon, that one. D7 asked, "Doin' okay, Deli?"  

kalindara

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:59 pm
Theta Seven nodded a bit and laughed a little, "Even had time to patch myself up a bit after beating myself with my mace a few times. I wonder if this is just going to be in waves or what..." He had noted the other Theta arriving at some point though with everything that happened he couldn't quite recall WHEN that was he just knew it wasn't during a moment when the group was 'bonding' together and discussing tentative game plans for things that would happen in the future.

He noted that the other Delta was still tied up in fighting but seemed to be doing okay except for beating the crap out of themselves with their own nunchucks. Though it seemed the other had a better chance to beat the monster long before beating up themselves entirely.

"Glad you could join the party, Theta One." It was a jovial and teasing tone and held no real spite in it. "Our host as a funny idea of party favors though..." Otherwise he left the other Theta alone to deal with her battle for the moment.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:50 pm
Delta Seven's eyes swept the dark corners of the hallway. The lighting - or lack of - down here meant that there were plenty of places that a surprise attack could come from. He couldn't relax just because the small, easy monster was defeated.

"That Death guy," he began, "when he said one was stronger than many... I'm hopin' he meant us. But y'think maybe he meant the monsters?"

Should they have left the little ones alone? But no, the shadow monsters had still been doing damage. D7 was just hoping that this didn't mean the big mommy monster was going to come out for revenge.

But he had a bad feeling that something like that might just happen after all.  

kalindara

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:56 pm
"He might have meant the monsters...I wouldn't put it past him. Either way I think we should move forward a bit to see if we can find something - maybe even surprise it before it surprises us," he mused thoughtfully as he gazed back at the still fighting comrades and then looked back at Davii.

"Other question would be should we go ahead on our own or should we wait for everyone or what?" Trying to come up with an effective strategy to deal with their current situation was difficult. On one this was based on survival of the fittest it seemed but on the other hand they had to do what they could to keep each other alive ... even if to possibly use the other as a living meat shield.

Theta Seven shifted his weight a bit and peered around again just in case, "I mean they can't just stay in one part of this place, right?"  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:15 pm
Exploring down here sounded like an idea. Better than just standing around waiting to be attacked again. Maybe they could find something useful that would help them survive this 'culling'.

He glanced back at the other two. "Deli's almost done, I think. Late-Theta's, well, gonna be a while, I think. We could always start out. Not like we're leaving them alone..."

No sense in him and Thev waiting around for ages. Delta Seven had gotten enough of that back upstairs. He nodded to Thev and gestured down the mostly-hidden hall, away from the empty cage behind them. "Sure, let's go. Deli, catch us up," he yelled over his shoulder.  

kalindara

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:26 pm
He nodded a bit, "If they need help and we can get there in time...we can always run back I guess," he agreed and then glanced back at the other two and said nothing to them for fear it might break their concentration for the moment and then shifted to follow after Davii in the direction pointed out to him.

Theta Seven was alert watching carefully though it was dark enough to make it difficult as he moved along, "Definitely not what I had in mind for the day," he said observationally. It wasn't a complaint as much as a random thought. Instinctually he wanted to reach a hand out toward the nearby wall but out of paranoia he decided it might be a bad idea. Something might bite.

"The critters act real odd around here...The way they disappear is a bit weird too, like they're kinda there but not," he said thoughtfully.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:47 pm
The lighting was terrible. Fire torches spaced out along the walls only gave them enough light to not run into a wall or trip over their own feet. More than a few feet ahead of them, it was all darkness. The area they'd fallen into had been the most well-lit, as least so far. But there was no telling if that did anything other than illuminate them as targets. It was worth taking the risk to explore a little.

"Yeah, we should try and stay in earshot, if we can," Delta Seven agreed. Though how they could be sure of that without playing Marco Polo with Deli and Theta-One, D7 didn't know.

"Could be worse. Could be in the middle of a bloody, free-for-all battle between two dozen humans instead." That's what D7 had been expecting after someone won the pendant. It hadn't happened. Though maybe that wasn't true for the other humans on the island, wherever they were.

He nodded at Thev's assessment of the shadow creatures. "This whole place is unreal - and I don't mean cool, I mean should not be in existance. Giant hell ponies. Living shadows. Monsters. It's like a bad dream, or a crappy supernatural movie."

And yet somehow it was real. Or it felt real. Maybe they'd eventually find out what this place was and why they'd come here.  

kalindara

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:07 pm
"Try being the keyword, ya." He said simply as he moved along a little further. Theta Seven found himself giving up looking for objects or things in the darkness but he was trying to stay alert for creatures in the darkness, either way he was at a bit of a disadvantage since likely the creatures can see in the dark and he couldn't.

He let out a thoughtful humming sound before he replied, "Totally a possibility at some point...I wouldn't be surprised if it happened if we are all suddenly in some ring trying to mutilate each other for a shiny thing hanging above our heads just because they say it'll give us some sort of advantage." Theta Seven seemed a bit of a cynical soul at times. "No one wants to die unless they're...well crazy and depressed...yet people'll gladly die trying to get one up on someone else..."

"I agree with you on that one...Maybe we'll actually wake up nice and safe in bed at home when it all ends and we can go on with our lives just thinking it was some screwed up dream...." Theta Seven shrugged a bit, "I really don't want to do anything insane in order to prove this is a dream but...yeah."  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 89 90 91 92 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff