Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blank pages, loosely bound (BPLB)

Back to Guilds

A learn to roleplay guild, with classes and guides. An RP school for Gaians of any level. 

Tags: teach, role, play, guide, class 

Reply Main Forum
I just got refused entry to an rp guild Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you think it's fair?
  yes
  no!
View Results

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:16 pm
Perhaps my next anthro shall be a chihuahua, that's worth a few laughs.

Anyhow I have been rejected from RPs and I've strayed away from those I can see falling into a teen-drama-esque chasm. I find it ironic to RP with people in their twenties and they want to act like they are teens back in school.

That aside I take pride that I've never rejected anyone on those grounds. When I do have that sort of power within a guild I only reject people I've investigated and saw were a bag investment. My biggest achievement was rejected a girl who was actually a cyber hooker, she'd cyber with you for a gold fee, her profile had photos of her topless with her back to the camera showing off a thong (or someone in a thong).

She may have been a good RPer but I think I made the best decision given the situation.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:20 pm
Feral Knight
Highlighting the harshest meaning =/= highlighting the accurate meaning. Feel free to miss the point of actually using said dictionary.
All of the meanings are accurate. Otherwise they would not be definitions.

Lady Bern: in that case, looks like you made the right choice. C:  

Mezri

Millionaire

7,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Feral Knight

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:25 pm
No, not all of the meanings are accurate. You claim that you have no animosity towards me, something I find highly doubtful since I keep pointing out the massive holes in your philosophy, but you are being judgemental. Rectangle is always a square, but a square is not always a rectangle.

Eh. I've been turned off to the anthro roleplay thing. Having an average of seven out of ten characters playing a 'beautiful human with white eagle wings' killed it for me.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:32 pm
I have nothing against you. Your horrible incorrectness bothers me though. Rectangle is never a square. A square had four equal sides. The "holes" in my "philosophies" are holes in your understanding of fact. There is nothing philosophical about the dictionary.

FACT: The trend and context of a word changes.
FACT: The other meanings and the new one still apply.
FACT: the accuracy depends on the context (and usage).  

Mezri

Millionaire

7,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:36 pm
The span of the wings would have to be massive and the bones hallow or they'd have to weigh very little. Unless the wings are only for gliding purposes.

Anyhow I think this has gone on long enough don't you?

Bring an end to this, settle your matters or take it to the PMs, I don't care which but end this we have enough threads that trail away from the point.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:37 pm
So control your aggressive guild member please.  

Mezri

Millionaire

7,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Feral Knight

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:45 pm
My horrible correctness bothers you? Would that be because I disagree with your opinion that people with horrible writing skills don't need to correct themselves?

Fact: The alternate meanings of a word do not always apply. You're proving that every time you claim that you hold no animosity towards me. Or are you going to sit there and tell me that all those words in the dictionary that have the same spelling but different meanings are all exceptions to this rule you have in your head? You've pointed out that you're opinionated. I agree. Now go do the research to verify your opinions. All you've been doing so far is trolling. You have brought no facts to what you've been saying. I can't help but feel that you're like all those people that run around parroting political commentators but don't bother to do any of their own research on anyone running.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:52 pm
Ignored. Enjoy that troll face.

Also I'm going to a guild with adults.

Life is short. I have better things to do than be insulted in an online guild. Especially when the guild vice does not at least ask their members not to troll newbies.  

Mezri

Millionaire

7,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:58 pm
You two enough!

Feral, as a guild veteran I except better from you and except you to be able to take the higher ground in such situations such as these. If you felt that Mezri was being a troll then you of all people should know how to deal with one: you don't feed into the discussion and ignore them thus negating their ability to troll.

The both of you can agree to disagree, let it go, and move on!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:03 pm
As a veteran, I know that the only way to deal with trolls is to burn them. Ignoring them only encourages them to troll somewhere else. As for taking the higher ground, I did. I tried to correct her mistake and provide her with accurate information. If attempting to do what this guild was created to do doesn't meet with your approval, Bern, then I apologize. I can go somewhere else.  

Feral Knight

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:08 pm
Feral if ignoring them sends them elsewhere that means that they are not here to troll us if that was indeed what was going on. And there's a fine line between helping others as is the reason for this guild and acting like a cretin to someone hell-bent on proving yourself right out of personal pride.

Mezri, you too could have ignored Feral just as easily and moved onto a different subject. Don't try and place the blame on everyone else you share a portion of it just the same.

The two of you are free to go elsewhere and really if that is how you act over something such as this then I recommend it as this is not the place for either of you.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:23 pm
I'm not butt hurt or leaving because of a player. I am leaving because this is the introduction I received when I first posted! If this is how people trying to join the guild are treated, how can new members make even a small impression on the guild. Your guard won't let anyone get in. :/

And on that. He's clearly been role-playing too long. 10+ years. American. He had been in a position of power before might have been, police or defense force. That sort of person should put their energy to good use ... would be a better idea than trying to overpower strangers on the internet.  

Mezri

Millionaire

7,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:32 am
Mezri, drop it or I'm going to start deleting posts. And if the two of you persist on acting like children about this then I'm kicking the both of you out; I have a bad cough today and I'm not in the mood to deal with your bickering.

If either of you have such a problem with it PM the Captain and the first vice and whine to them how the both of you couldn't let the matter go then blatantly ignored the vice who told you both to knock it off and warned you both.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:20 am
I am not acting like a child ... I am letting you know that this first experience of your guild has been a really horrible event for me. D: You should be able to use that information to prevent this from happening again. I'm not trying to re-create the event. Trying to prevent the re-accurance of it.

Feral I'm sorry if I made you believe I was a troll! I was never trying to be rude or insult you. :/ Feral you were here first. If you want me to leave the guild, tell me I will leave.  

Mezri

Millionaire

7,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Feral Knight

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:26 am
To be perfectly honest, I don't much care if you stay or not. I'm not trying to be rude about it, that's just the way my mind works with people.

I want to say something about the event reoccuring, but I've spent twenty minutes trying to figure out a way to word it that didn't sound like I was trying to start another fight. And I just can't come up with anything.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff