Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Cosplaying Outside of Cons Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WHUT?
  I'd do it too.
  Your gonna get a lot of stares.
  You crazy foo.
View Results

WildSpice

1,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:27 am
I would when I was a teenager but I wouldn't do it now and I actually encourage people NOT to do it. I mean it's up to you but personally I don't do it because I don't want to attract the attention, and I don't want people to think cosplay is weird.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:30 am
I like to cosplay but out side of Halloween and conventions I don't really get to do it. Sometimes I do wear cat ears to work and its fun.  

Creepy Kuro Neko

Moonlight Phantom

Katastrophic_Kate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:40 am
I think I'm blessed that I'm surrounded by enough creative people in my daily life that no one would find it too strange. My friends and I actually have costume parties about three times per year just because we can. We pick random themes like: Greek Gods, Angels vs Demons, DC Comics, Ultimate Geekery, Favorite Historical Figure, etc. It's pretty epic!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:14 pm
I don't cosplay aside from conventions or meet-ups.

There's a time and a place for such things.
Wearing a costume to the grocery store seems kind of pointless to me.

The Marquise

Dapper Noob

Synthetic Air

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:59 am
I cosplay at least 5/7 days a week.
3 during the school week for the lols, and I usually cosplay on a Saturday or Sunday because I don't wanna look like a girl.
And sometimes my friend will come over and we'll walk to the store in full cosplay. (We've gone as riku and sora. The employees love us, we're very entertaining, apparently...)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:30 am
my friends and i started a small (three person) cosplay group. We decided that one day after school we were going to walk around in our cosplay and just be weird (we put up the results on youtube. Our channel is called SecretlyGnoming). When we got back to school most people just looked at us with a funny look but said nothing. Now, i was dressed as Deidara from Naruto and walking down a hallway with a friend when this little 6th grade girl asked us what we were doing and i said we were cosplaying. She called me weird, i didn't mind it because i'm used to it, but it kinda made one of my friends angry. I don't think that girl had the right to call me or anyone else weird, because she was dressed head to toe in the most girl shade of pink there is.
But yeah, i sometimes walk around with my Akatsuki cloak. it makes me feel evil ^_^  

Veretix

8,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Veretix

8,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:43 am
I used Halloween to try out my full Deidara cosplay. I got a few people to come up to me and say how much they loved my costume.

On my birthday all my friends and i made cat ears (and one of my friends made me a cat tail) and we walked around being neckos the whole day. It was so much fun that we all decided that we were going to do it again but on a random day!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:53 am
i cosplay here and there outside of cons and such x]
i have Sasuke's haircut so i look liek him all he time. i get comments everyonce in a while asking if i know who sasuke is. sometimes i say no just to ******** with their minds.

but let's see. the most recent..... it was Halloween of this year and my friends and i decided to go to Downtown Disney for Halloween Eve. (we live 10 minutes away) then we decided to go in Kingdom Hearts cosplay. so I went as Axel and i went with Sora, Namine, Kairi, and Yuffie. The people in the stores knew who we were and made sure of themselves to say hi. it was kinda awesome xD

anyways we were right in front of the cafe towards the baggage check to enter Disneyland. by now Namine and i had linked arms, Sora was on the phone and Kairi and Yuffie were having a deep conversation. then out of no where a little squeal was heard. i turned around and there was this girl no more than 12 or so was stopped and was starring at us. she was mexican, but the color of her skin and her accent, she had long brown hair and a Sakura Haruno genin cosplay on. it looked liek her first cosplay. i chucklesd thinking about my first cosplay. we talked a little and by now she was so excited to see Kingdom Hearts cosplayers, let alone cosplayers.
Then after a little while she left. then literally 30 seconds later. her father runs up to us and asked if they could get a picture with us. we said it would be fine. so we got into our poses and then after, said goodbye to the girl. as they were walking away i shouted, he kid! she turned around and i said 'Got it Memorized?'
OMG she flipped it was hilarious. Namine and Sora turned to me and said, i wonder what it would have been like if you came in your Sasuke cosplay. xD

Whats also good about cosplaying outside of cons is that you meet new cosplayers. its quite fabulous, really x]

xXMakorikXx

xXMakorikXx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:00 am
WildSpice
I would when I was a teenager but I wouldn't do it now and I actually encourage people NOT to do it. I mean it's up to you but personally I don't do it because I don't want to attract the attention, and I don't want people to think cosplay is weird.

i agree here . be careful on how much you cosplay. im not telling you what to do its just a fact. x]
make sure to never over do it. if you wear a few things here and there thats pretty cool but if you cake cosplay on. like 3 cosplays in one. (which i know people do it) it makes us look more nerdy than we already are~ xD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:23 pm
I get bored and randomly put on cosplay wigs

sometimes even costumes

When me and my best friend hang out....cosplay usually ensues...even when we didnt plan to xD

And lots of random dancing xD  

XxNaomi-LukarixX

13,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Warumono Sama

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:36 am

I try not to cosplay outside of cons unless it's a party, photo-shoot, or whatever.
      My friends and I are planning to dress as Team Fortress 2 characters and go to Out Back, but there clothes are pretty normal you could say.
      I try not to do anything to strange -shrugs.- I do wear wigs though, because well, it's fun. :> But yeah.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:21 am
I don't think I'd ever do any extravagant cosplay outside of a con...I'd love to, but with the area I live in it could get kind of scary =S
I do wear casual cosplay outside though 3nodding  

Jesikira

1,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Mao-sensei

Magnetic Player

6,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:49 am
User Image
I honestly wish I could, but I have very... Um... "socially-aware" (if that makes any sense) parents who'd worry if I walked around in public wearing an elaborate cosplay outside of a convention.

It's especially difficult at school, since we have a uniform code. Oh, but though it's not cosplaying, I've managed to take advantage of loopholes in the dress code and go Japanese decora. wink

But I do have a friend who is considering wearing a Gothic Lolita dress to her prom.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:16 pm
Seeing how you are going to be bowling, you should be careful of your outfit so you won't get hurt.  

TigerLilyChick

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

foxdeamon ninja14

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:52 am
I never cosplayed outside of a con before, though I would really love to do it.
I just can't find any other cosplayers in my area so yea.
Anyway, there was this one time I was with a group of random cosplayers from a con I went to and we all decided to head out to a nearby mall in full cosplay.
I loved it.
The look on the people faces as we passed by them was priceless. xd  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas