Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Herbalism Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:03 pm
Aino Ailill
The statement that you have 'tried things' is in no way equivalent to he statement that you have 'tried everything.' Your anger at suggestions is illogical and rude.

Edit: Rather, it is the manner in which you deal with that anger which is rude, not the feeling itself.
I'd say closer to unreasonable than illogical. But maybe I'm just being picky.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:14 pm
TeaDidikai
Aino Ailill
The statement that you have 'tried things' is in no way equivalent to he statement that you have 'tried everything.' Your anger at suggestions is illogical and rude.

Edit: Rather, it is the manner in which you deal with that anger which is rude, not the feeling itself.
I'd say closer to unreasonable than illogical. But maybe I'm just being picky.

No, I think you're correct. The basis of the anger might be considered illogical, but that doesn't make the anger itself so. Rather, it is unreasonable to express anger founded on an illogical basis.

My reason for thinking the basis to be illogical:

Person X: I cannot do this. I have tried to, and I have failed.
What has been tried is unspecified.

Person Y: Perhaps you could try A.
'A' may or may not have been what was tried.

Red has posited it should have followed that 'A' had been tried because of the statement by Person X. It was on this that the anger was based. This is illogical because one does not follow the other. The basis of the anger is illogical.

Edit: Actually, that my not fly either. The presumption by the one expressing the anger is that the base is logical, even if it's not the case. It seems reasonable to act on an apparently logical basis.  

Aino Ailill

Calixti

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:17 pm
TeaDidikai

Lastly, some of these plants can be grown in a baby food jar full of water and do not need direct and timely sunlight.
Really? That's pretty cool. Do you have any information about what sorts of herbs could be grown like that? My flat gets no direct sunlight (north and south facing windows) and with fall in Nebraska, there's not really much sun to begin with, so yeah. Anything I can actually grow off-season would be awesome. ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:43 pm
Calixti
TeaDidikai

Lastly, some of these plants can be grown in a baby food jar full of water and do not need direct and timely sunlight.
Really? That's pretty cool. Do you have any information about what sorts of herbs could be grown like that? My flat gets no direct sunlight (north and south facing windows) and with fall in Nebraska, there's not really much sun to begin with, so yeah. Anything I can actually grow off-season would be awesome. ninja

Mint and spider plants are both easily maintained via hydroponics and require little in the way of light, especially when the plants are young.

I remember starting some of mine as seeds and using cotton balls to help them sprout.  

TeaDidikai

chaoticpuppet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:49 pm
TeaDidikai
Calixti
TeaDidikai

Mint and spider plants are both easily maintained via hydroponics and require little in the way of light, especially when the plants are young.

I remember starting some of mine as seeds and using cotton balls to help them sprout.

Interesting. I will have to try this.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:54 pm
TeaDidikai
Calixti
TeaDidikai

I'll have to try mint. Provided I can keep my cats away from it when it's young and vulnerable at least.  

Calixti

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:56 pm
chaoticpuppet
TeaDidikai
Calixti
TeaDidikai

I, as well. I had wanted to start I little pot garden but has decided to wait until my sibling moved out as e did not want one and the living room would be the best place for it. However, I can keep a plant or two next to my bed, without much effort, with this.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:00 pm
Aino Ailill
chaoticpuppet
TeaDidikai
Calixti
TeaDidikai

I, as well. I had wanted to start I little pot garden but has decided to wait until my sibling moved out as e did not want one and the living room would be the best place for it. However, I can keep a plant or two next to my bed, without much effort, with this.

Yeah, my girlfriend and I have been wanting to start up a small pot garden and we had been hoping to get an apartment with some kind of small balcony or the like, but ended up settling for a much cheaper apartment without one. And with all the chaos of moving in, her starting med school and my applying to law school we just kind of forgot about it. Now that I read this though, I realize that we have an amazing windowsill to sit some potted plants on!  

chaoticpuppet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:49 pm
Some DIY Hydroponics Systems

MOAR DIY Hydroponics Systems This one has a budget of about fifty six dollars. Buy the stuff used or from Good Will and you'll get it a hell of a lot cheaper.

But really? Mint. Mint is the easiest thing to grow in a home hydroponics system.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:21 pm
CuAnnan
TeaDidikai
Go to the grocery store. Check the baking isle, they'll be next to the other spices.

Failing that, if you don't want dried mint, go to a garden store and buy the seeds.

Wal-mart actually carries fresh mint in the produce section where all the misters are....I assume all wal-marts are the same.  

PsychischesWeibchen

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:41 pm
PsychischesWeibchen
I assume all wal-marts are the same.
A bad assumption. Hell, Wal Marts thirty minutes apart on the freeway where I live are completely different. The one up north has an organic foods section and more pet supplies. The one south has a lot more products that target migrant agricultural workers and cater to the most popular ethnicities amongst them.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:34 am
What kind of hearbs do people use?
I'm thinking about growing Sage, but I'm not sure what else.  

redtearsblackwings

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:28 am
TeaDidikai
Some DIY Hydroponics Systems

MOAR DIY Hydroponics Systems This one has a budget of about fifty six dollars. Buy the stuff used or from Good Will and you'll get it a hell of a lot cheaper.

But really? Mint. Mint is the easiest thing to grow in a home hydroponics system.

Thanks!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:28 am
redtearsblackwings
What do you mean by use?  

TeaDidikai

redtearsblackwings

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:48 am
TeaDidikai
redtearsblackwings
What do you mean by use?

I supose that use is a bad choice of words.
I mean what do people normily grow.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces