Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply .:. Shadows of Africa .:.
[OOC] Newbie/Oldbie Thread: Questions and Advice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kallysto

Shameless Senshi

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:28 am
So I have a beautiful lioness stuck in a pack that has been inactive since before I got her and well over 8 months.

Unfortunately the contest I won her in has a "must stay in pack for forever" clause unless I have an amazing plot. Which I don't.

She was also never officially accepted so I'm confused.

A. Is she a part of the pack?
B. Should I just PM Mkodi about the inactive pack so I can actually RP my pet? I won her in August of 2012 and she has been stuck because of this.
C. I have PMed the main pack owner and got absolutely no response about her going rogue even though they read the message. Wut do?  
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:37 pm
Has the pack been disbanded or is it still around? For disbanded packs you're usually free to leave, but if it's still around it's common courtsey to keep SoA from contests in the pack/pride you won them for.  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:00 pm
What Annchen said. If she was made for a pack that never got off the ground, then you would probably do best to PM the owner of said pack/pride Interest Thread and ask them the best solution!  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:17 am
Kallysto

To join a pride with a lion you need a joining rp. Your pet isn't officially joined until that rp is fully completed. If you won her in a contest that was specifically for a certain pride, then that is your official acceptance and its your responsibility to complete the joining rp and post to have her certed for the pride.

If you think the pride is inactive though and haven't had a response from the owner, then I would say to pm the mule with your information. If you get a response back saying you are free to go rogue, then you may.  

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:31 am
ChaosTheories
So only gods can be customed as permas, or something? I'm very confused.

xD And for my cub... I want her to grow on the non-alt lines, haha. She's a leopard and her mother is an alt and her father is a rogue, so I am assuming she'd grow to alt. But the alt is too grumpy for my cub's personality! I'll have to take a look around, but I haven't seen any conversion threads yet. I already have an alt leopard too, but no regular leopards. Haha.

Just to clear this up 'cause I noticed it; you can not custom a regular SoA as a perma-anything. By default, they will grow all the way to adult. The only way to halt growth at a certain stage is to have the SoA cursed by a god not to age. Gods are a little unique in that you can request them to stop growth at adolescent if you like. In both cases, the usual breeding rules apply to adolescents, so think hard before doing this. The only way to undo it is to have the curse removed and at that point you'd need to inform the colorist so they can finish the growth, if they haven't already.

Also, to sort of address doing this ICly for those who read that: its not official unless the SoA is cursed. You can't rp them as never growing up unless its official. Everything ages and grows up, it takes magic to halt growth.

To answer your alt lines question:

By default, a cub should grow on the main lines. Alt lines should be done on a growth only by request. The line set the cub is colored on should be the line set it grows on, so if you don't want it to grow into the alt lines, then don't worry, it probably won't.

Now that the colorists are coloring adult stages along with cubs, lines will be determined when the cubs are colored, so you won't be able to switch mid-growth any more. You'll only be able to get the alt lines if you go to a colorists' conversion thread and pay for it, or have the whole litter indicated at the time its colored to be on alt lines at adult.

xD if that makes sense?  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:11 pm
Thanks for the answers, guys. I really appreciate it.  

Kallysto

Shameless Senshi

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:07 pm
Thank you Blue!

The leopard cub I was talking about has been stuck at juve for almost a year, haha. So that was before adults were coloured with cubs (assuming)... Not that it makes a difference if that is the case! */ramble*

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:49 pm
Question about alt lines vs. regular lines as well. x3

Is it possible to "split" the litter in regard to lines? For example, when posting for a breeding, can I request that all females be coloured on alt lines, while all males be coloured on regular lines?

The Captain Britain

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:14 am
I have seen litters like that. In that case the mother was on old lines and the father on regular lines. The colourist chose the old lines for all female cubs and the regular for the males. I think as long as you stick to one lineset per gender it'd be fine. It can't hurt to ask in the breeding form at least.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:42 am
A question related to the inactive pride one, above.

I had a SoA join a pride when it was a I/T, then it was made official but nothing has happened to it since. Literally nothing. xD;

Would it be all right for me to just pull the SoA out of the pride, or should I PM the pride owner first?

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:27 pm
The Captain Britain
Question about alt lines vs. regular lines as well. x3

Is it possible to "split" the litter in regard to lines? For example, when posting for a breeding, can I request that all females be coloured on alt lines, while all males be coloured on regular lines?

It probably varies for each colorist, so it would be best to ask them directly when you post your breeding form. Some might be fine with it and some might not want to do that.

ChaosTheories
A question related to the inactive pride one, above.

I had a SoA join a pride when it was a I/T, then it was made official but nothing has happened to it since. Literally nothing. xD;

Would it be all right for me to just pull the SoA out of the pride, or should I PM the pride owner first?

Being an 'original' member of a pride is pretty much like being any other kind of member. If you want to leave the pride, and didn't win your pet through a contest that specifies it can't leave, then you should be able to with no problem. To be polite, however, please make sure to go to let people know that's what you're doing. Prides at least need to keep their memberlist up to date, so don't just take off and not update them. Most prides should have a thread you can post in where you can leave an update about your pet leaving.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:16 pm
I was wondering, if I customed into a litter that was rolled for January, but the actual custom form was posted in the colorist's thread at the beginning of Feburary, does that count as my January custom-in slot, or my February slot?  

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100

Kaelyndra

Liberal Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:34 pm
February. The month the custom-slot fills depends only on the day the custom form was posted.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:36 pm
^^ Ah okay, thanks Kae!  

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100

Master Wild Mage

Altruistic Mystic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:00 pm
How would I go about changing ownership of a pet. I have a lot on my plate for at this time and though I'd like to rp them all I just don't have the time so I thought I would give one to a friend that has none at this time. Nevermind. got the answer somewhere else.  
.:. Shadows of Africa .:.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff