Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
{ THE DARK COVE } UPDATED SEE PAGE 1 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 89 90 91 92 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:04 am
Partner? Radley was getting a partner?

Intrigued now, Tuck had her full attention as she followed him, led by her arm and grateful for the added support. Her legs were still numb.

"Thank you, again." She echoed.

[Radley is Exiting!]

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:45 am
Makayla slips her arm into Dakota's as she chuckles at him "I'll try not to fall to hard for you then." following him, she didn't say another word as she listens to him talk about meeting her partner. She couldn't help but wonder what her partner would be like, and yet according to him, they would probably be a pain in the a**.

Placing her hand on his upper arm, she shrugs a little as she follows him "I think I am ready to meet this partner of mine."

(Makayla Exits, following Dakota and the others}  

Pixie Krysta Ordreg

Fashionable Spirit

13,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:20 pm
Peyton was so distracted by the blatant display of flirting going on between one of the newer arrivals and Alya that she nearly missed it when Tuck began to lead them all out of the pod room and towards where ever it was they would be picking up their partners.. weapons? Blonde brows lowered over narrowed eyes as she tried to reason though that logic. If everyone had a partner, and they were always with them, and the partners were weapons, where the ******** were all the weapons?

With a frown she turned to glance at Rep, considering asking for a clarification, but not entirely sure she'd get much out of him beside sarcasm and bullshit.

She sighed, shot Alya and the dark haired hunter a look, and fell into step behind them. A good distance behind them... So she wouldn't have to listen to their flirtatious banter.

[Peyton Out!]  
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:47 pm
Hormones seemed to be running high in the pod chamber, at least between a select few. Given that Smith's experience with relationships and flirting was limited to one night stands, he knew it would be best to keep his mouth shut and keep to himself. However, he was very interested in the weapon cave and finding his new partner. He wasn't sure exactly how that would go, but Smith could only imagine that having someone else to help him acclimate to his new life couldn't be that bad.

Once the others started to head out, Smith followed behind them. He was glad that Tuck and the others at least had some useful advice and information on what was to come. Whatever was going to happen next, he couldn't imagine that it would be any stranger than the introduction he had to the academy.

[Smith exits]

Moving Pictures

Dapper Prophet

lostandtold

9,825 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:21 pm
Theron gave a quick shake of his head, as his fingers found the catch to open the pod. The air outside was fresher, and not as liable to freeze his lungs right off the bat. "Thanks for the offer." He grimaced at the rusty sound of his own voice, clearing his throat as he stepped out...to rows of pods, as far as he could see.

"What." A quick look in both directions revealed...yes, more pods, and then he looked back to Marcus in clear disbelief. The case for this being another dream was getting stronger, but he'd never actually dreamed of other people before. "Where the hell is this?"

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:02 pm
Marcus chuckled, smiling and stepping back, giving the man some room. "Don't rush yourself. Take a few deep breaths, small steps- the pods can be a bit disorienting." Smiling he offered his hand to shake.
"Welcome to Deus ex Machina. A place where we get to fight to kill the s**t no one else can really see. Something you signed up for and congrats, passed your evaluation for." Not even waiting her pulled the man into a hand shake.

"Marcus Hasan, moon hunter. Which will make sense in a while. For now- You're on a tropical island, probably came and did some paper work, lost luggage, faked your death- whatever. Clean slate, you're here to fight soooo... questions thus far?"

lostandtold

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

lostandtold

9,825 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:27 pm
Theron stiffened in discomfort as his hand was grabbed, but returned the handshake, thinking that perhaps it was better not to piss off the only person around who could tell him what was going on. "Thanks," he answered, grateful for how level-headed the man seemed to be, even if what was coming out of his mouth sounded completely insane. Then again, he knew better than to think that the 'sane' people knew what they were talking about.

"Deus ex Machina," he repeated, looking down the rows of pods. "I -- yes. I remember that." Getting the revelation that his paranoia had been justified, and that he could do something about it. He ran a hand through his hair, absorbing the information, and nodded slightly.

"Theron Aetius. Pleasure to meet you. I'm assuming I don't have to go fight without a weapon?" That seemed pretty important. If he was going to be fighting the monsters of legend, he wanted to do so with something that'd actually do some damage.

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:05 pm
The moon hunter was actually rather happy in a way. A new trainee, fresh from the pod meant he could leave the post and go help said trainee out. Get them their info, weapon, coat, all that good stuff. Or well, just get it readyish. Hell if he knew where they kept the basic coats- he just told one of the techs usually.

"Some things might take a while to remember, but overall, you should be fine. Took me a while to fully recall my testing... which was... interesting to say the least." Being in a woman golem- good times. Always.

"Anyway, you have the right of it Theron. You'll be getting your weapon today. Actually, once you feel ready enough to walk we'll head down. As a fair warning, it can be a bit overwhelming, but go with what feels right, you know, instinct such and such."

Marcus the ever informative.

lostandtold

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:28 pm
He couldn't even remember what he had been doing, before he woke up from . . . whatever it had been, a dull ache as his mind tried to recall how he had gotten here - in this almost lazy-sunday-like slumber, with the inclusion of this slowly growing ache. There were sparks of though, a deep forest, some old dreams he had, memories of Europe and his home back in Canada. But, everything felt foggy and long left, as if it had been millennia since he had last been there.

It was during this realization that a loud hiss permeated his senses, making him jolt up, feeling his body slag through ache-ridden body, places he didn't even know he was sore in. Bright eyes finally opened, only to be assaulted by what he considered "hospital white" - bright and clean and nauseating.

This was not where he left himself, last he could remember, and in a futile attempt, he tried to push himself out, feeling wobbly and just all around uncomfortable, resulting in a loud thump as his body sort of leaned against the glass.

As if to spite him, the door finally opened, dispensing the agitated man not-so-casually on the floor, in a pile of Dorian, still and a little stunned from everything, eyes still trying to take in the bright lights that made his head ache just so much more. Maybe he could just lay here, like a Dorian-ooze for a bit, seep in to the cracks of the perfect floor.

"Sacrafisse! Ça fait mal!" Rang out, after a moment, when he had found his scratchy voice, finding it abnormal and dry, pained from lost time.

chimarii

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:49 pm
Ami stood but two feet from Dory, watching as his pod split open, as she had done for so many before him. Clipboard in hand, dull look on her face. Bored, even. She hated pod duty. Possibly even more than minipet duty. Really, she just hated any job where she wasn't left alone to her own devices.

He came out almost dreadfully alike the others. A big heap of limbs, cursing (yes she caught that) and altogether childlike.

"Well. Quite the entrance, ma cherie. We speak English here at Deus Ex Machina, do you understand?" she thumbed through his papers, looking him over. Quite the rebel it seemed, Canadian- she only retained tiny details. It wasn't conclusive enough to really make an impression, just basic facts. "No sudden movements, by the way." A strange grin crossed her face, almost bemused. "Not that you could."

nerpin

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:38 pm
In retrospect, it would have been nice to have some sort of, you know, warning when one was about to wake up in a clam shell which would then open up, spit them out, and dump them unceremoniously onto the floor as gracefully as an elephant attempting to ballroom dance.

Which was exactly how Ian felt upon awakening at Deus Ex Machina.

There was a hissing noise as the pod clicked open, steam billowing from inside, and one tall, dark-skinned man came tumbling out, landing in a heap on the floor. He sat there for a moment, slightly stunned into silence, but then he shook his head a little, dark hair falling into his eyes before he got to his feet, absently brushing down the front of his shirt.

He glanced around curiously, swallowing what felt like a mouthful of sawdust in his throat. Gross.

"Hello?"

Eight

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:47 pm
Right on time. Candace had reached out to catch the man as his pod opened and he fell out but apparently for once she just wasn't quick enough. Oops. But damn was he a handsome one, she couldn't wait to see what division he was in.

"Morning, handsome," she greeted cheerfully once the man had regained his composure. She offered him a bottle of water, handing it to him since she knew his reflexes wouldn't quite be up for catching it yet. "How do you feel? Not too bad, I hope."

kurotomato

Eight

Fanatical Friend

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:55 pm
At the sound of a voice, Ian twisted around, catching sight of a shorter, dark-skinned young woman, her eyes glinting playfully. He offered her a smile with lips that felt too dry (apparently being podded meant no chapstick), and took a step towards her, reaching out for the water.

"Morning, beautiful," he replied, just as cheerfully, if not a little hoarsely, and took a long, grateful sip of water. "I feel - well, all right, even though I'm not entirely certain where I am or what I'm doing, so maybe you can help me with that?"

Eight

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:15 pm
"Thank you for noticing~." Candace replied just as playfully, practically preening like a proud cat. "Yeah, it happens to everyone. Your head will feel a little foggy but it'll eventually come to you. You're on the island of Deus Ex Machina right now. Do you remember when someone came and made you an offer? If you think hard you can probably remember your trial, too."

She gestured in the direction of the way out of the aisles and aisles of pods. "We can walk and talk. I'll take you to get your division assignment and then show you to the cove. So, in the short version, you're a Hunter now. Well, a trainee, but you'll promote up to Hunter. We're basically protectors of humanity from creatures like the horsemen of the apocalypse," Candace made a face when she mentioned them, "zombies, witches, werewolves..the things that go bump in the night. You've seen them, right? Those shadows that just barely escape your line of vision? Voices? Sounds? You're sensitive to things that everyone else around you just didn't understand?"

kurotomato

Eight

Fanatical Friend

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:23 pm
"Hard not to notice," said Ian cheerfully, as he raked a hand through his hair in an attempt to make it less messy. He took another swig of water and let his eyes flicker across the pods, tracing the outlines as a thoughtful expression came over his face.

"I remember..." he started, and then paused, frowning a little. One finger tapped absently against the side of the water bottle. "I remember...yes. Someone. I remember I was out for a night at the bar and I left and was on my way home and...there was someone there..."

It was somewhat like trying to remember a dream. Ian rolled his neck, attempting to get some of the tension out, stretching his arms out in front of him. "Yes," he said finally, as he fell into step with the young woman. "Yes, I vaguely remember now. Right. Deus Ex Machina."

He lifted the water bottle and tapped it against his cheek, flashing a grin at his "tour guide."

"Yes, that's pretty much how it goes, isn't it?" Ian asked lightly. "Never fitting in, always feeling the oddball out..."

A pause.

"...what are divisions."

Eight

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 89 90 91 92 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games