Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 2 Chapter 1: Daiippo/First Step Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:11 pm
@ Kojiro:

Kojiro feels somewhat confident that if there was anyone looking for him, that he went undetected.

As Kojiro searches the area, he found where they had Kagae bound. The split rope was still on the ground. As was Kagae's heavy armor.

His traveling pack, as well as his daisho, however, where nowhere to be found.

NOW the daisho was in possession of Kuemon!

--------------------

@ Everyone else:

As Kojiro had said what he did and turned to leave, it wouldn't be hard for everyone else to see Machiko's hand go for her katana, and she even took a step forward. The only thing that seemed to prevent her Brash from cutting down Kojiro while his back was turned was Bayushi Sanzo's lingering presence. She would ease her posture, but keep her hand on her hilt.

Machiko would look like she was about to say something on the offensive side at Denbe, though Miyako cut in before she could, giving her own opinion on the Hare's plan. "I am a Crab, I am not above sullying." Machiko would say, drawing her sword. Seemingly to prove a point, she would thrust the tip of her blade downward through Tenshin the Bandit's skull, causing his body to momentarily tense, then relax as blood began to pool at the base of his skull.

"I would sooner be rid of him sooner than later, but you seem to have some sort of plan..." Machiko would say, looking from Denbe to Miyako. "Fine. Return him to me at noon tomorrow, after the task you have just volunteered for is done. I will remain in this village, undoing the damage he has wrought."

Sanzo, at this point, was gritting his teeth, and had turned from the conversation, apparently no longer wanting to be involved with it.  
Psychofish rolled 5 10-sided dice: 5, 1, 10, 2, 5 Total: 23 (5-50)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:59 pm
Denbe would watch her execute the bandit with a grim, but unflinching expression, before nodding pointedly and sheathing his sword. They had a time limit now. Time to move. The Hare would start out of town, ushering the rest of the samurai, and Sanzo, to follow him as they looked for a spot to make a camp where Kagae could rest.

"Miyako, might I trust Kagae's wounds to you? One of us can stay and guard you if you prefer. Otherwise, let's be off after Bayushi-san soon as you're settled."

Hopefully she'd either pick someone in particular, waive the offer, or they'd have a volunteer. Denbe didn't want to delegate that, the sooner they could be marching Sanzo in the direction Kojiro had gone, the better. He'd wait until whatever it took to have them beyond the magistrate's earshot took to begin interrogating Sanzo.

"First then, what should I call you? Who are you really?"

[5k3 Awareness/Investigation(Interrogate): 26]
[Beneits of Clear Thinker apply if Sanzo tries to deceive Denbe.]

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 7 Total: 13 (2-20)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:01 pm
[Explosion: 16]  
Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 6, 2, 7, 1, 1, 4, 3, 5 Total: 29 (8-80)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:12 pm
@Trouble

The Scorpion scout muttered to himself as he must've absently focused on getting the swords back that he must've not fully registered what Denbe said. Ah well. My trail should lead him here hopefully.

In the meantime, while Kojiro waited for Denbe, he would try to start the tracking process.

OOC:
Intelligence/Tracking 5k3, w/3 for explosions
Results: 15  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Tei Kae rolled 3 10-sided dice: 1, 9, 8 Total: 18 (3-30)

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:47 pm
"I think we should move out of town quickly, should the magistrate change her generous offer." She glanced around and Kojiro was already gone. "Some yojimbo you are, Kojiro-chan," she muttered before doing whatever was necessary to help move Kagae and get all of them out of town once again. Once they were out of sight of the town, barring anything happening in the meantime, she'd settle down with the kit Sanzo had brought back and tend to Kagae's wounds.

[Intelligence 2k2 =10]  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:08 pm
GM's notes:
Kojiro: -1k0 earth/water.
Denbe: -1k0 earth/void.
Kagae: None
Seichiro: -1k0 earth/void.
Zanzen: -1k0 earth/water.
Kyumi: -1k0 fire/void.
Hisashi:None
Miyako: None

--------------------

@ Kojiro acting on his own, because PCs going off on their own has never ended poorly for any of you yet:

Kojiro begins poking around the battlefield, including where he remembered seeing Kuemon. He does find several sets of tracks of varying age in the area, and despite the darkness, SOMEONE'S tracks were a little easier to find than they should have been. They're not Kuemon's though, or anyone's who Kojiro saw at the battle. Someone apparently a lot more clumsy, despite the ranks I gave him in stealth.

He can follow them if he wishes.

--------------------

@ Miyako, Denbe, Hisashi, Zanzen, Kagae, "Bayushi Sanzo":

Machiko would waste little time, moving over to the bandit Takashi. Ginko seemed to be wavering in and out of consciousness, though as she saw Machiko raise her sword upwards, she would weakly reach out, extending a weak, shaky hand towards her brother and fellow bandit. "N-n... nno... st...st-st...". Tears would begin to flow from her eyes and down her cheeks as a swift downward slash from Machiko's katana would end Takashi's life in a decapitating blow.

As the lot of you leave, Ginko would stare in abject horror at her brother's head, though she would close her eyes and grimace in defiance as Machiko moved over her next...

As the group of you put distance between you and the village, Kagae would be set down so Miyako would tend to Kagae's wounds - a matter of which she was untrained in, and her lack of confidence became evident - Kagae's condition did not improve. Luckily, the rules say Kagae can only have his wounds treated once per day, not that the attempt can only be done once per day.

Bayushi Sanzo, maskless now, just gave Denbe a displeased look. "Why does it suddenly matter to you? My word has meant nothing to any of you so far. You've condemned me to death, and likely every villager in Kuwagatamushi Mura. Not that it matters to any of you. You expect me to aid you now? You took me 'prisoner' without so much as letting me bring my katana, so don't think I'm daft enough to not realize you won't simply shove me into the bandits' front ranks as but a mere distraction, to save your own skins a little longer."

He let out a dissatisfied huff, averting his gaze. He waited for a few moments, before growling under his breath. "Get out of my way," he grumbled, actually pushing Miyako out of the way and grabbing the medicine kit from her hands.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish rolled 4 10-sided dice: 2, 10, 5, 3 Total: 20 (4-40)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:17 pm
Denbe hardly looked any more pleased at the man talking back to him; he was supposed to be their prisoner, but he'd let him walk unbound on good faith, off a hunch, and now was having his frustration vented back instead of answers. The man did not seem to have as much reason to answer him at all, if he didn't fear death coming to him a little sooner rather than later.

And then the Hare's eyes widened as he moved to treat Kagae, a few things starting to click together.

"You're no Scorpion..."

He said slowly, watching and stepping up besides Miyako. For a moment, his hand remained on the hilt of his katana, where it had been hovering, and then fell.

"...but why on earth would you come to a place and kidnap a magistrate instead of trying to work with her if you actually wanted to aid this village? Why this facade?" It was bizarre, but the man seemed sincere enough in his anger that the Hare was ready to believe that was his purpose at least.

The Hare shook his head slowly.

"Forgive my mistrust of your clansmen, Shosuro-san, but this all made much more sense when he seemed a lone Scorpion trying to hold a tiny Crab village."

[4k3 Awareness/Etiquette: 20 to not offend Miyako]  
Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 2, 4 Total: 6 (2-20)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:19 pm
[Explosion: 12]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Psychofish rolled 5 10-sided dice: 4, 9, 4, 6, 10 Total: 33 (5-50)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:26 pm
[1 Raise to piece together who he is (not to first name specifics, obviously).]
[5k3-5 Intelligence/Investigation: 25 to piece together Sanzo's motivations for kidnapping the magistrate instead of cooperating.]

Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 1 Total: 6 (2-20)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:27 pm
[Explosion: 15]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:18 pm
@The Armoir Armor of Invincibility

The Scorpion bushi sighed as he waited for the Rabbit. He drew his Yumi and debated his options. It looked like something had happened with each passing second Kojiro waited. The bushi had two options. 1) Follow the tracks, wherever they may lead or 2) Return without Kaiu-san's daisho. Kojiro decided that whatever the bandits have in store for him MIGHT be slightly better than anything that Kaiu-sama could if he didn't bring back the swords, so....Kojiro set a mental limit on how long he would wait for Ujina before heading off (further) on his own.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:24 pm
GM's notes:
Kojiro: -1k0 earth/water.
Denbe: -1k0 earth/void.
Kagae: None
Seichiro: -1k0 earth/void.
Zanzen: -1k0 earth/water.
Kyumi: -1k0 fire/void.
Hisashi:None
Miyako: None

--------------------

Whether or not Miyako would have any objections, it would not stop Bayushi Sanzo from using the medicine kit, and his last void point, to whip up something curative to patch Kagae up.

22 Medicine with a raise, 8 wounds treated; I had mentioned before that since it was GM-fiat wounds, they would heal back twice as fast - Kagae gains 16 wounds back.

At this point, Sanzo pretty much ignored Denbe's questions, bandaging up the Kaiu Warden, and uncorking a small container with odorous salts and spices to help him regain consciousness.

"Kaiu-san... I apologize for not being able to protect your lands. I know it was a task not requested of me, but failure is still failure," he would say as soon as Kagae would open his eyes, in a less deep, showy voice than he had spoken with before.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:21 pm
@Watcha talkin' bout willis?:

As Kagae awoke to the weird smells of whatever was being wafted under his nose and a man leaning over him. Whispered an apology to Kagae which only supplied his confusion.

"Well... Unless the shadowlands have broken loose while I was out... Assuming you're a crab then if the shadowlands have broken loose that is when you have failed. Anyone mind telling me what happened while I was absent?" Asked Kagae as he lifted himself up painfully and his hands fell to his hips one hand trying to rest naturally on where his sword would be. Surpised to find nothing where his katana should be he looked about and asked a second question, "Where are my things, specifically my katana?"  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:30 pm
"Yes, I was of the Yasuki family before separating myself from the Clan to protect this village from bandits. Not so much on the Shadowlands invasion, though. I had a... falling out with a magistrate from your family, and she's blundering through trying to protect the village as we speak."

He would look down at himself, then back to Kagae. "I know how this looks, but I really am not a member of the Scorpion. It was a guise to throw the bandits off before they razed the village. Desperate times, desperate measures, you know how it is. Your... 'friend' Kojiro is currently reclaiming your gear, and should be returning shortly."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:38 pm
"So how did you upset this magistrate? I am curious unless it was the scorpion guise then I can fully understand. I was ready to come in here katana drawn and ready to free the village of it's scorpion clutches." State Kagae as he found standing up didn't agree with him right now and sat down.

"So what was you're plan of defending the village and could you draw a dirt map for me?"  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games