Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Slytherin Common Room
Slytherin Common Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have your password?
Yes! Right here!
58%
 58%  [ 49 ]
No, I lost it D:
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]
I stole someone's password >:D
33%
 33%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 84

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:37 am
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
third year || Slytherin || muggleborn
Daily Dragon writer || Language club || Quidditch Announcer

After a few more frustrated minutes, August glanced up. Obviously his notes before were completely insufficient. It would be very helpful if someone just...picked a story for him? He glanced around. There were a few people studying or chatting who he didn’t want to outright interrupt, but perhaps--he chanced upon his yearmate Mallaidh sitting alone, knitting needles in her hands and staring in his general direction. Had he ever actually had a proper conversation with her? Well, it was never too late to make friends. As far as he knew, Mallaidh was a rule- abiding housemate who kept mostly to herself or her brother in Gryffindor. She seemed a safe person to ask a question of, and someone not inclined to spread malicious rumors. Besides, most people in the Daily Dragon knew he did some form of non-academic writing aside from his usual reporting assignments, even if he usually only showed the stories to Ferdie and Jeremy, both graduated now, and Lizzie.

One more person wouldn’t hurt. Decided, August tucked his materials under an arm and moved towards Mallaidh's armchair with a pleasant smile, keeping a respectful distance. “Good evening, O’Hannigan. Could I trouble you for a moment?”

He waited for a confirmation, ready to leave her be if she told him to. Given permission to continue though, he gestured to the pages--some with loose outlines, some with half-started paragraphs-- and the notebook with the list of ideas, willing to hand if over if she preferred that to him talking about each idea. ”I’m trying to outline a story-- a personal project, not for the Dragon. I had a few ideas, but have been struggling to come up with anything for any of them.

”If you didn’t mind, would you be able to help me pick a project?”

Story notebook (ideas)

1. Wizengamut members are trapped in a courtroom prior to presiding over a murder case. The ghost of the victim appears, and explains exactly what they want to happen, which is not the the truth of the case.
  2. Ghosts (Poltergeist) commit a murder. A disgraced seer and a retired attorney are the only ones who have a hint of it and have to prove everything before the only eyewitness turns the investigation into a vengeance to accuse his unfaithful but innocent ex-girlfriend of the murder.
  3. Retelling of fairy tales? ←(Dragon Pitch: A feature on the different magical creatures at Hogwarts?)

• Snow White as a veela
    • Red Riding Hood + a werewolf
    • Little Mermaid is a mermaid.

4. A Quidditch story. Referees find out that someone has sabotaged the balls: Once the snitch is spotted, the bludgers will target the seeker. A down-on -their-luck team that started winning shortly after the curses strives to prove their innocence.
  5. Something about the Witch Trials.
  6. In the middle of the First Wizarding War, a Wizengamut member and Voldemort sympathizer brings down the Ministry. The story covers what the current world might look like under the Dark Lord’s rule.
  7. A wizard searching for immortality has discovered a way to forcibly create ghosts when people die. As the number of ghosts grow over the years, they develop their own society and city.
  8. Elder Futhark runes are discovered on modern machines. Why?

setting Slytherin Common Room, Fall 2045 || withSlytherin students
expression friendly, and trying not to seem too awkward || wearing uniform, sans robe and tie+glasses || status This is becuase I need to make friends, not becuase I can't make the decision by myself!

//OOC: Sorry this took so long! Ironically, the walking up to and asking was harder than the list lolol. Let me know if I should edit in case she does shoo him away? But feel free to take the conversation wherever.
Cara MiaKitty

User Image User ImageUser Image

All I know
Times is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings,
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away.

"In the End" by Linkin Park, cover by Jonathan Young and Caleb Hyles.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:32 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                  ѕσмєωнєяє ιи тнє єи∂ σf αℓℓ тнιѕ нαтє
                                                  тнєяє'ѕ α ℓιgнт αнєα∂ тнαт ѕнιиєѕ ιитσ тнιѕ gяανє
                                                  тнαт'ѕ ιи тнє єи∂ σf αℓℓ тнιѕ ραιи

spaceWhen August first seemed to notice her presence, Mallaidh had a brief moment of concern that he might be offended at her staring. She hadn't been staring staring, really, just... looking in his general direction more often than not. And observing him. Which... alright, fine, she was staring. She ducked her head down slightly as if she were watching her knitting (which she could do blindfolded, truth be told), but kept her gaze on him, looking through her lashes and hoping it would keep him from noticing her still watching. He seemed to be debating something. Whether or not to call her out on her rudeness, perhaps?

spaceShe stiffened somewhat when he approached, eyes finally falling to the needles in her hand, a faint blush spreading across her cheeks. She hoped for a moment that he'd walk right past her, that his attention was actually on something behind her, but no such luck. He even called her by name. Or, her surname, at least, which felt somewhat awkward... Did he dislike her? Well, she supposed he didn't have much reason to like her, but she'd have assumed his feelings were more neutral. Unless he had formed this dislike rather suddenly, due to her staring. Hmph. Still, his tone sounded friendly enough. She chanced a glance at his face, somewhat relieved to find him smiling. He didn't seem upset with her... maybe it was about something other than her staring? He wanted to 'trouble her', which implied he wanted something... but what could he possibly want from her?

spaceCurious, she tilted her head slightly, frowning at him.
                                                  "Can I help you with something?" she asked, eyes darting briefly to the notebook he held. Maybe something with his writing? They didn't know one another, but Seaghdha was a writer and frequently found with his nose and quill to parchment. Maybe August assumed she would be able to help with something because she was his sister? She'd no sooner had the thought than he confirmed it, asking if she would be willing to pick something for him to write of his current ideas. Her lips quirked into something that was almost, if not quite, a smile. "I could take a look and make some suggestions," she told him, holding her hand out for the notebook. "But you might not like me very much when I'm done." If he liked her at all now, she supposed. It was more likely that he had no feelings one way or the other, and she was just... convenient. Which was fine. But she tended to be a bit on the blunt side, so if his ideas were terrible, she was going to say so.

spaceShe took the notebook, looking over the list thoughtfully. Most of them weren't terrible, actually, if a little cliche here and there. There were some things she wasn't sure about content-wise, but it was more a lack of knowledge of the magical world than anything else.
                                                  "Hm... Well, I'm partial to murder mysteries, so one and two are interesting. Depending on if you're more interested in the court drama aspect, or the actual investigation." Actually, both prompts reminded her a little of Agatha Christie, one of her favorite authors. "How much research are you wanting to put into it? Because that'll be an important factor. I have a few books you could read to give you an idea of where to go with it and how to actually plot it all out." Wait, was she offering to let him borrow her books? ... Apparently so. Well, as long as he didn't hurt them, it would be fine. Her nose wrinkled and lip curled slightly. "Most of them sound interesting, or at least like they could be with a little more... oomph, to them. Except the sixth one. Dark gritty 'what if' scenarios are super overdone. You should nix it. It's bad." She actually thought a couple of them were kind of bad, if only because they weren't very original. But the others could be salvaged by being done well. "What if the Dark Lord had won" just sounded like the sort of movie his secret followers would make to console themselves with pictures of what might have been. Ew.

ι αм иσт αfяαι∂, ι ωσи'т вυяи συт ιи тнιѕ ρℓα¢є
                                                  му ιитєитισи ιѕ тσ fα∂є αи∂ ι ωιℓℓ, ι ωιℓℓ
                                                  ιи тнιѕ нσυѕє σи α нιℓℓ тнє ∂єα∂ αяє ℓινιиg ѕтιℓℓ
                                                  тнєιя ιитєитισи ιѕ тσ кιℓℓ αи∂ тнєу ωιℓℓ, тнєу ωιℓℓ
                                                  кєєρ уσυя ¢нιℓ∂яєи ѕαfє ιиѕι∂є, συт σf ρσ¢кєт, συт σf мιи∂
                                                  υитιℓ тнєу ∂яιик тнє ωιиє αи∂ тнєу ωιℓℓ, тнєу ωιℓℓ, тнєу ωιℓℓ

wнere - Common Room - Armchair
                                                  wнen - Fall 2045, Evening
                                                  wιтн - August
                                                  - ooc -
                                                  blah blah blah

addaellis

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:42 am
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
third year || Slytherin || muggleborn
Daily Dragon writer || Language club || Quidditch Announcer

August wasn’t sure what he expected when he handed his notebook over. Maybe a casual dismissal? Mallaidh warned him that he wouldn’t like her when she was finished. What was she going to do, read them out loud and laugh at each idea? Some of the ideas were plain, sure. Multiple people had surely retold fairy tales in light of actual magical creatures. Well if she did do that he'd just know not to do this sharing thing again. Imagining the worst, he was very pleasantly surprised when she seemed to give each idea thoughtful consideration.

”My last two were murder mysteries at all,” he admitted when Mallaidh said she was partial to ideas to those. He regarded her with a hint of genuine interest. Another fan of mysteries! He would have to make sure Lizzie was acquainted with her later.

”In English?” was his first reaction to her offer of books. Nyaka, obviously English. He corrected himself quickly: ”I’d love to read them, if you’d be so kind. I might not be the fastest at returning them if you don’t mind though? Classes and come first. But I don’t mind doing extra research. As most of those go, I was just going to use material from classes as reference. ”Ghouls and Ghosts was mostly talking about Life and Death boundaries, but between that and his predilection for ghostly things, he figured he had enough of a grasp to write a ghost. Between Wizard Law and his conversations with Jeremy, he figured he could portray a Wizengamut court...without completely failing. More research needed.

”More oomph?” he asked, making note of the comment. ”Oh, more fleshed out. That makes sense. Of course”.Something as vague and bare-bones as “Witch Trails” was entirely too vague to be useful--even he understood that. And nix the speculative fiction. ”Cliche. Nixed,” he nodded, appreciating her decisive critique and reasoning, making note on a corner of a partially-written on page. ”I’m afraid I’m not quite good enough to make cliche excellent,” he agreed, following her train of thought. Maybe one day he would try his hand at making an overdone story idea an original masterpiece. But for now, he very much appreciated an honest and early identification of overdone-to-the-point-of-boring.

”I’ll probably go with one of the murder mysteries this year then,” August decided, when Mallaidh seemed to conclude. She'd certainly thinned the list, and if she had books for him to consult, then that was the obvious first direction. ”You seem familiar with this-- helping writing and the like” He paused to consider where it could have come from. ” Have you ever considered joining the Daily Dragon?”

setting Slytherin Common Room, Fall 2045 || withSlytherin students
expression attentive and intrigued || wearing uniform, sans robe and tie+glasses || status Taking good advice

User Image User ImageUser Image

All I know
Times is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings,
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away.

"In the End" by Linkin Park, cover by Jonathan Young and Caleb Hyles.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:58 pm

Trickblues

shinesnowillusion

kiska166

addaellis

Miss GryffindorK!

Diamond Wales

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Once I rose above the noise and confusion
                                                              Just to get a glimpse beyond the illusion
                                                              I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high
                                                              Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
                                                              Though my mind could think I still was a mad man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once through the door vinny could stand tall again, ever thankful for the high ceilings. "Well here we are this is our common room. As you can tell we have a green theme going on even with the windows. That cause we're actually under the lake. We sometimes see the creatures that live in the lake like the giant squid and merfolk. Girl dorms are through that door and Boys go in that one" Vinny said pointing to each door as he spoke of it. "There's the bulletin board that have announcements like quidditch tryouts and clubs. If you have any questions ill be up for a bit longer, but I recommend bed for you guys as first class it early and you don't wanna miss breakfast!" With that he dismissed them to go do what they needed to do. He would see if there was any immediate question otherwise he went to free Garfield from his carrier and put out Garf's fave wet food as a mini sort feast of his own.

Masquerading as a man with a reason
                                                                            My charade is the event of the season
                                                                            And if I claim to be a wise man
                                                                            It surely means that I don't know
                                                                            On a stormy sea of moving emotion
                                                                            Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:47 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageFifth Year SlytherinUser Image

▬▬"A healer is someone who seeks to be the light"▬▬

Ves dragged Aeryn out of the dorm and down the stairs, she could have done this much more gently, but since the girl had lied about being sick, Ves wasn't going to do her any favors. She spoke as they walked down the stairs, "Honestly, it makes sense you can't see. That contact solution with the "A" on it is probably yours, and all of that knocking around you do when your idiotic alarm clock wakes me up every morning would be explained if you couldn't see." When they got downstairs Ves saw Vinny, and dragged Aeryn over to him, "Hello Vinny. Can you fetch Cian for me? If he's in the boys dorm still, I don't want to burn my eyes with seeing half naked boys. Aeryn is deathly ill, with a sickness called mendacem facimus ignis anhelat." She chuckled at her own joke and continued on, "Also known as lying syndrome, and she's not sick. She's just blind. She needs Cian to write their mum." Yes, that was all the basic information that Vinny would need. Well, maybe it would have been useful if she had said that Aeryn wore contacts and couldn't find her glasses or contacts, not that Aeryn had actually gone blind due to some magic accident or something... eh that was a minor detail that didn't need to be shared. Besides, Aeryn DID tell Ves not to tell anyone that Aeryn had lost her contacts.

▬▬ "that she wishes she had in her darkest moments." ▬▬

Where: Slytherin Common ROom
With Whom: Vinny and Aeryn
Thinking about: Details aren't important
Vespera Description: Short 4'9", blond hair, green eyes
Wearing:t-shirt and shorts

Miss GryffindorK

kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:15 pm
User Image

Vinny was not an early bird his own alarm went off and having stayed up late to study made the teen groan and slap at the alarm clock. After hearing the clock tumble to the ground in what didn't sound like one piece made him groan again. s**t now he needed to get a new one. Darn puberty making his already abnormal strength more of an issue. He had already busted five potion ingredient bottles this semester from his hearty grip. After stumbling to the bathroom, and near face planting into the top of the door frame, he managed to brush his teeth and wake the heck up. Still, in his pajamas he wandered to the common room yawning most the way and trying to pat his semi curly bead head down. It was still too early to start getting ready for class. Perhaps someone brought some bagels he could grab. There was an older student that sometimes brought bagels to the common room perhaps he luck out. He had only begun his most awake search when he heard Ves come up leading Aeryn. He definitely woke up when he heard Aeryn couldn't see. "Oh! s**t! What in the hell happened?" he said instantly worried and shocked. Ves said to get cian. How could her brother help sudden blindness! "Yeah! Hang on!" Vinny bolted to the stairs taking three at a time he was quickly by the seventh year boy dorm. Rushing over to a sprawled out sleeping cian who was about 75% on the bed he shook him awake. "Hey, Aeryn can't see and apparently need to owl your parents" Cian groaned into his pillow and mumbled something about choosing the black ones as he sat up and forced himself to an upright operational position. Vinny followed the shambling half-awake blonde to the common room. "Mom packed your pink back up just wear those till she sends more." Cian said sounding groggy once his brain processed that Aeryn had simply run out of contacts

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:02 am
User ImageUser Image
xx⤑ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Girl's Dorms - Slytherin
xxx⤑ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Ves, Vinny, and Cian
xxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Making Threats
xxxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Why didn't mom send me my next set?!

Aeryn yelped when Ves dragged her out of bed. Going down the stairs was a terrifying experience, given that she couldn't even for-sure say she could see the floor. "I have to use the contact solution, but... you know. And don't be rude about my alarm clock. My mom bought that for me. We've gotta wake up, don't we?!" She squinted around for a moment, before noticing a large.... blobby thing. Maybe a person? Maybe a wall. Something. She was about to question the vague blur, when Ves spoke. It was Vinny?! How? She squinted harder, frowning rather aggressively. At least she promptly asked for Cian, which had been in Aeryn's rules. Unfortunately, she immediately claimed her to be deathly ill, then spit out some latin bullshit. "Don't you lie to him, you.... you egg."

The redhead crossed her arms, glaring over at the blur she assumed was Ves. When she said she was "just blind", Aeryn rolled her eyes so hard they hurt a bit. It wasn't until Vinny panicked that Aeryn felt bad. Poor Vin was just freaking out. "That was a mean way to solicit his help. He's probably terrified, poor guy." A few stressful minutes later, the big blur returned, but bigger. Sure enough, Cian's sleepy voice piped up. He mentioned "pink backup" and the girl shuddered. "Two problems with that, Ferret Boy. One, I couldn't find them if I wanted. And two, I'm not wearing.... those." She shivered a bit, still frowning.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Kungfudemoness

I ᴍᴇssᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ, I ʟᴏsᴛ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ, I sᴛɪʟʟ ᴍᴇss ᴜᴘ ʙᴜᴛ I'ʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ꜰᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ʜɪᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ. I ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ɢᴇᴛ ᴜᴘ ɴᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ's ɴᴇxᴛ
Bɪʀᴅs ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴊᴜsᴛ ꜰʟʏ, ᴛʜᴇʏ ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴇᴛ ᴜᴘ. Nᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ʟᴇᴀʀɴs ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ
I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴜᴘ, ɴᴏ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ 'ᴛɪʟ I ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ I'ʟʟ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
Nᴏ, I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ, I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ꜰᴀɪʟ
I'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs, I'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴀʏ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:17 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageFifth Year SlytherinUser Image

▬▬"A healer is someone who seeks to be the light"▬▬

Ves glared at Aeryn when Cian said she had glasses, "You mean I'm awake standing here talking to everyone, because you don't WANT to wear your glasses?" She groaned and laid down on the couch, and pulled a scratch piece of paper from the table and wrote 'Gather everyone to the Slytherin dorms. Aeryn needs help. Sona please bring coffee.' She put the note into Lyra's collar and told the crup, "Take this to Sona, I'm sure you can find her somewhere. I'm done dealing with Aeryn with just Vinny and Cian as help. I need coffee. Sona can make coffee. Jonah is probably too asleep to make coffee." Lyra barked and ran out of the common room, Ves assumed someone would get the friends together eventually. Until then, Ves had no plans of moving from the couch, she closed her eyes and waved to the others, "Wake me up when Sona has brought me coffee or when you've found your glasses and you're done rooting around in all of your stuff, Aeryn." Ves would help with the hunt as soon as she was actually awake. She looked at what Aeryn was wearing and groaned, "You need to cover yourself better before Vinny makes himself not a gentleman. Vinny, drape something over your girl so I don't have to move."

▬▬ "that she wishes she had in her darkest moments." ▬▬

Where: Common Room
With Whom: Aeryn, Vinny, Cian
Thinking about: It's too early
Vespera Description: Short 4'9", blond hair, green eyes
Wearing: Pajamas

Miss Gryffindork

kungfudemoness

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:38 am
User Image

Vinny silently panicked until it was revealed Aeryn had run out of contacts and didn't want or couldn't use her glasses. He may have been a bit hurt to know she didn't tell him bit it could have simply slipped her mind. Her dad wore glasses and similar natural red so the idea wasn't farfetched. Ves brought his attention back by mentioning Aeryn was likely cold. It was about then he noticed girl night tank tops don't cover all that much. "Oh! Um... Sure hang on!" He said hopeing he didn't seem too flustered. He spun a bit till he spotted what was clearly his sweater on the back of the chair he studied at last night. Yanking the Slytherin themed sweater his grandma had made for him he brought it to her tring hard not to look inappropriately down at her. "Arms up. Its one of my sweaters." A small bit of finagling later she was in his sweater. Damn thing went to her knees and forget about using hands in those sleeves. Once she was all set he scooped her up, no warning this time, and carefully plopped her in a big enough for him arm chair. There that's his revenge for not telling him she had contacts. He had unduely freaked out. "There warm and comfy. Now i can ask. When you going to tell me you needed vision correction? Also why not wear the glasses we can probably locate them?" He said friendly but stern

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:00 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⤑ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Girl's Dorms - Slytherin
xxx⤑ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Ves, Vinny, and Cian
xxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Making Threats
xxxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Why didn't mom send me my next set?!

Aeryn grumbled when Ves commented on being awake. "You didn't have to put your stupid nose in the issue. You'd still be in bed if you weren't a nosy piece of rubbish!" She glared off toward the direction she heard the blonde's voice, though it was quite far away. Stupid vision. Ves was saying something, but Aeryn was noticing that she was super cold. She only had one sock on, and it was really affecting her mood. It didn't help that she'd been up late studying for OWLs and was tired. Stupid exams. Her ears perked up when Ves gave her more stupid instructions, which caused an eyeroll. "You won't have to, 'cause I'm not gonna wear 'em. I'll just wait on mum. Sona can take notes." She huffed, wishing she weren't the center of all this ill-gained attention.

When Ves mentioned Aeryn being exposed, the redhead gasped. She was barely clothed! Oh lord. She hastily covered herself, feeling the heat burning her cheeks. After what felt like hours, Vinny calmly told her to raise her arms. Moving hesitantly, she lifted her arms above her head. Only a second later, her world was plunged into darkness, earning a timid squeak. She struggled against Vinny, fighting to try and get back where there was at least a little light. After a long battle, he won and she was able to claw her way out. Except.... now there was a new problem. Namely that Vinny was three feet taller than she was and the girl felt like a toddler in his sweater. She was about to say something when her feet were swept out from under her. Aeryn cried out in terror, clinging to the only thing she could feel.... Vinny's chest. He moved, the girl shaking in residual terror until she was safely set down, probably in Vinny's favorite chair. It wasn't until he questioned her motives that she felt a bubble of what she was pretty sure was her wall crumbling a bit. "Because. Normally I wear contacts and you never had to know. And I can't wear them. They're horrible. And you guys..." She paused, taking a moment to curl her legs up to her chest, thus hiding pretty much her entire body in the warm confines of the cozy green jumper. "I just... I don't want anyone to tease me. They're pretty horrible." Aeryn sighed, burrowing her face into the knees. Oh, this sweater was heavenly soft.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Kungfudemoness

Trickblues

addaellis

I ᴍᴇssᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ, I ʟᴏsᴛ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ, I sᴛɪʟʟ ᴍᴇss ᴜᴘ ʙᴜᴛ I'ʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ꜰᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ʜɪᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ. I ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ɢᴇᴛ ᴜᴘ ɴᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ's ɴᴇxᴛ
Bɪʀᴅs ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴊᴜsᴛ ꜰʟʏ, ᴛʜᴇʏ ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴇᴛ ᴜᴘ. Nᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ʟᴇᴀʀɴs ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ
I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴜᴘ, ɴᴏ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ 'ᴛɪʟ I ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ I'ʟʟ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
Nᴏ, I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ, I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ꜰᴀɪʟ
I'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs, I'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴀʏ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:10 pm

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

fifth year || Ravenclaw prefect || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve || Dueling Club || Astronomy Club

Sonora was pulling on her shoes to meet Kam for their morning walk, when the door to their room burst open. She barely had time to look up before a figure—a crup—”Lyra! Oof!” bounded in, two tails wagging urgently. It took her a few moments to separate Lyra and Skyfire—who’d swooped in through the recently-opened window squawking either in alarm or laughter— and then a few more before she noticed the note tucked in Lyra’s collar.

Gather everyone to the Slytherin dorms. Aeryn needs help. Sona please bring coffee.

Sonora jolted up, grabbed her wand and thermos, and was halfway down the stairs before she realized that if there was time to get coffee, whatever was going on down in the Slytherin dorms wasn’t a real emergency. Still, Sonora ran up the stairs of the boys dorm, knocked quickly in warning, then slipped through the door, making sure the pets couldn’t follow and wake the whole room up. She sat at Jonah’s bed first, then did a double take when she saw both boys on the bed. Her chest did that strange “gravity applies to organs too” thing she had been getting more and more frequently for reasons she was trying very hard not to put words to. With a deep breath, Sona set a a gentle but firm hand on Jonah’s shoulder, and gave him a gentle shake. “Jonah? Wake up, get dressed. We’re going to the Slytherin dorms. There’s coffee involved, and if you’re quick it won’t even be decaf.” she told him, snagging his thermos as well.

She popped over to Iggy’s side of he bed with a similar pat on the back and a deceitful, but — as 5 years of friendship would do to inform— very effective phrase. “Iggy? Sootface barfed in your shoe.” Once she had his attention, she clarified: ”Sorry, he didn’t actually. But Ves said Aeryn needs help and is calling everyone to the Slytherin dorm. I don’t think it’s an emergency but we shouldn’t dally either way.”

Assured that the boys were getting up, Sona was back down to the Common Room. She grabbed a a quill off a table and appended a ’We’ll be there soon! See what’s happened?’ to Vespera’s note in her own handwriting. ”Skyfire, take this to Kam. We’ll meet you there.” she instructed, popping open the portrait hole for her hawk to get through.

Once filled up both thermoses with coffee and both boys were in the Common Room, Sona headed down for the Slytherin dorms with a hand on Jonah’s arm and Iggy’s shoulder to keep them from tripping or running into walls, explaining the little she knew and had surmised on the way.

——

Finally, after an explanation made much easier no doubt easier by the Hufflepuff prefect presumedly passing through a few minutes ago, the three stumbled in. As she'd surmised, there didn't seem to be an emergency going on--Aeryn was huddled in an armchair, Vinny was standing nearby, and Vespera herself was sprawled on the couch. Skyfire, less comfortable with this common room than Ravenclaw Tower, had apparently had time to decide that Kam's hair was a suitable breakfast substitute. Still, Sonora was quite concerned and confused: ”So… what happened here?”

Miss GryffindorK

Kungfudemoness

Trickblues

User Image User Image User Image
I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
♫♪
"Chasing Cars", by Snow Patrol. Cover by Caleb Hyles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:08 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Slytherin Common Room
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? The Friend Group... plus Cian
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Aeryn's being stubborn
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Hopefully they focus on her...

Kam had been leaving the kitchens with his morning tea and starting along his morning walk. He always took walks in the wee hours of the morning, as he'd discovered it was far easier than trying to navigate the halls when they were full of students. Besides, he didn't want to deal with people just yet, and when the chilly halls were silent, he could be alone with his thoughts. He usually headed up toward Ravenclaw tower to meet with Sona, so the two could have a little... mini-date of sorts. He even brought her some tea as well, because he'd be rude not to.

Kam had only just started up the stairs when he saw a familiar hawk circling overhead. He looked up at the bird, then let out a long, low whistle to try and call it. He wasn't about to shout "caw!" in the middle of the school. It didn't seem to matter, however, as the bird flew to land on the top os his head, eliciting a sharp intake of breath. "Aw, you've got sharp feet, dontcha?" It was about then he realized Sky was carrying a note as well. Oh boy, from Sona? Hopefully she could still make their walk...

After the words sank in, Kam turned on heel to hurry back the way he'd only just come. Apparently Aeryn was in trouble, and while he didn't particularly like the girl (she was kind of a jerk), he didn't want anything bad to happen to her. Once at the entrance, he paused, scouring his brain for the most recent password. He much preferred Hufflepuff's never-changing combination or Ravenclaws insightful riddles to this password nonsense. Gryffindor's commons probably had a bloody fight to the death before entry, and he was glad he hadn't been deemed brave enough for the house.

Kam walked into the Slytherin Commons, lifting an eyebrow at the sight. Aeryn was all but hidden in a weirdly shaped blanket... or sweater? Vinny's, no doubt. Ves was sprawled on a couch looking grumpy, Vinny himself was standing near Aeryn, and the short, blonde seventh year that was Aeryn's brother himself, was off to the side trying to rub sleep out of his eyes. Oh my indeed. Just as soon as he'd managed to get a begrudged version of the issue at hand, Sone pushed in with both Jonah and Iggy. Kam moved to place his hand on Iggy's shoulder, leaving Sona to only have to deal with one. Wait... he should've switched it. Now Sona would keep touching on that miserable lout! Maybe a distraction?

"This all happened because Aeryn's vain. She apparently hasn't wanted us to know she needs vision assistance, and this morning she lost her last pair of contacts. So for some unknown reason, we were all called to help sift through all her belongings to try and find what she's described as the most horrible glasses possible. That's it.That's why you're all up this early." He smirked, gesturing to Aeryn, who was turned around and trying to see them by squinting... apparently. "Hey... um... whichever twin you are... Shut up. I just... that wouldn't be an issue if Ves hadn't goddamned messaged everyone here. Iwas content to just stay in bed for a few days while Cian owled mum, but noooo." Kam snickered, listening to the girl trying to push blame elsewhere.

Bʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴄʟᴏᴜᴅs ᴀʀᴇ ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ᴍᴇ, I ɴᴏᴡ ᴄᴀɴ sᴇᴇ ᴀʜᴇᴀᴅ. Oꜰᴛᴇɴ I ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ ᴡʜʏ I ᴛʀʏ ʜᴏᴘɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀɴ ᴇɴᴅ
Sᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡᴇɪɢʜs ᴍʏ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅᴇʀs ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟᴇ ʜᴀᴜɴᴛs ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ
Bᴜᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴇsᴇɴᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅᴇʀ
Iᴛ's ᴛʀᴜᴇ, I'ᴠᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ɪᴛ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ! A ʙʀɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴀʏ ɪs ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ
Tᴏᴅᴀʏ I'ᴠᴇ ᴄʀɪᴇᴅ ᴀ ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴛᴇᴀʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴀɪɴ ɪs ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
Aʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴍᴇ ʟɪᴇs ᴀ sᴏᴍʙᴇʀ sᴄᴇɴᴇ, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴀʀᴛ
Bᴜᴛ I ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴡᴀʀᴍᴛʜ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ sᴋɪɴ, ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴀʟɪɢɴᴇᴅ
ʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴅ ʜᴀs ʙʟᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅᴇʀ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You and I in a little toy shop
                                          Buy a bag of balloons with the money we've got
                                          Set them free at the break of dawn
                                          'Til one by one they were gone.

Iggy was having a rather pleasant dream. Riding dragons was always fun! He was pulled from his dreamland when he heard a voice. He didn't respond till his brain heard and registered Sootface had barfed in his shoe. That woke him up! A weird scramble to right himself ended up with him just falling out of bed tangled in the bead spread. Sona had already woken Jonah up but Iggy once there was confirmation the emergancy was not cat puke related. He allowed himself to try and wake. On the way there sona had to drag him away from a few walls one of them almost became a new bed. Still in his PJs and bed head hair he was a functional awake. Kam approched ever the early bird and let everyone know what was going on. "If their ugly we can just all magic them decent....wait you wear glasses?" Iggy said still groggy.

If I could find a souvenir
                                                              Just to prove the world was here
                                                              And here is a red balloon
                                                              I think of you, and let it go

null

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:25 pm
User Image
User Image
If we take a walk out, in the morning dew,
We can lie down, so I'm next to you,
Come inside for a little home made tea,
And if you fall asleep, at least you're next to me,

User Image

Half-BloodRavenclaw PrefectQuidditch Vice CaptainFifth Year BeaterFifteen Years OldEditor of The Daily DragonDueling Club

» Autumn 2046 » Ravenclaw Common Room > Slytherin Common Room » With: ---
» Wearing: Uniform, without robes » Status: Too tired for this

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

When Jonah awoke, he had initially thought he had been dreaming when it was Sonora gently shaking him awake to promises of coffee, only to nearly flip off the bed startled when Iggy shot up. At the mention of a friend needing help he grabbed his uniform, pulling it on haphazardly and skipping his robe entirely. It was what, crack of dawn? Entirely too early? He had slept a grand total of maybe two hours the whole night and couldn’t keep track, but at the very least he could always come back up the stairs later.

The trip down the steps had been a blur, Jonah hardly awake on the way and relying on Sonora and Iggy to make sure none of them took a tumble down the steps, only to roll off during an unfortunate stair-swap. There was a vague thought about if there had ever been any stair-related causalities in Hogwarts’ history, but there wasn’t much time to ponder on it before they were down at the Slytherin Common Room.

Initially he’d been concerned. Ves apparently said Aeryn needed help, so he had been expecting something at least somewhat important. His tune changed once Kam had said they were dragged down here entirely too early because Aeryn was too stubborn to wear her glasses, aggravated to have anything to do with the situation. “What, you’re serious?” He asked groggily, shooting a glare towards Ves. She dragged them down here for that? With a huff he moved to the couch and plopped down on Vespera, shifting to let his legs dangle over the edge and using the smaller girl’s stomach as a pillow. It was only fair. “Nope, I’m out of this. Wake me up when it’s time for class.”

OOC:
Miss GryffindorK

Addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Kungfudemoness

And if I wake up, say it's late love, go back to sleep,
I'm covered by nature, and I'm safe now,
Underneath this oak tree, with you beside me.

Trickblues

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:17 pm
User Image

Vinny was sad to hear Aeryn thought she would look bad in glasses. "I don't mind glasses and any one that does give you crap I can drop off the astronomy tower." Vinny said hoping to make Aeryn feel better. Soon the others arrived and about half were awake. Kam and Sona were awake. Iggy was .... upright? Jonah gave up and decided to use Ves as a pillow. "As much as it be preferred to not wear the glasses and wait for contacts i doubt the teachers will let it slide. Besides you probably look good in glasses." He said a bit sheepish at the end. He was ok talking sweet when it was just them but it was awkward with others. Especially her brother

Slytherin Common Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff