Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply .:. Shadows of Africa .:.
[OOC] Newbie/Oldbie Thread: Questions and Advice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:23 pm
To the furthest extent of my knowledge, all you need is permission from parents to custom in. If you can get them through other custom-means before the litter grows (and the custom-thread that you're competing in allows for cubs (sometimes I've seen "adult stage only" type customs)) you have no other limitations. (I've had someone custom into a litter of mine like that. :3 both custom-in slots were taken, but they customed in though other means with permission. :3 )  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:04 am
Awesome, thank you! <3  

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

The Captain Britain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:38 pm
Out of pure curiosity, are the cubs of two fertile hybrids automatically fertile, seeing as their parents were able to breed?
I mean, the kids of a god and a mortal are automatically seers, so would it kind of work like that for fertile hybrids?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:57 pm
The Captain Britain

No. Two fertile hybrids do not make fertile cubs.
The colorist of the litter rolls to see which cub will come out fertile and which will not, and then gives the information to the owners of the parents.

Ririka

High-functioning Hellraiser

The Captain Britain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:02 pm
Ririka

The colorist of the litter rolls to see which cub will come out fertile and which will not, and then gives the information to the owners of the parents.

Okay, thanks! Just wondering.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:56 am
Andranis
Okay, here's one I was discussing with someone - Say a pride, like the Usafi'tukufu(Okay, COLONY... xd ; ), has a rule about intruders being killed. If a person violates this rule, and we give them warning(Like, three strikes you're out deal), would we be allowed to step in, as pride owners, and have one of our characters kill the intruding SoA? Like... If a lion started coming into the Usafi lands, the leopards wouldn't take kindly to it. They'd out-right attack it and try to kill it. But if they REPEATEDLY come back, would killing be a granted permission by the shop?

Drani, I don't know why you bother asking your questions in here any more. xD You ARE an Oldbie, therefore any questions -you- have are most likely beyond this thread.  

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

Tenko72

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:01 pm
Do you have to fill out cert info for customs or does the custom form count as the cert info?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:10 pm
The custom form is just for getting a custom; to get your SoA certed, you have to go to the colorists' certing thread and fill out a separate form there. c: Though you don't ever have to get a cert, it's up to you. ^^

I hope I answered all right. D:

Polette
Crew

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:16 am
Asked this in thread the other day but I just want more opinions, haha.

How long is it "acceptable" to wait for the owner(s) of a litter to post the information for certing, before posting a cub by itself?

I have a cub that has grown but has not gotten her info posted yet, so I don't want to loose out on the chance of getting her certed in her pride.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:42 am
When they grow to juve, you can post certing info on your own. smile  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:42 am
Late but thank you!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:24 am
Kind of related ot the above. I have a cub from a litter that was never posted and I don't own either parent. I posted for my cub on his own as I think I read somewhere that the colourist's rule was no cert info = no growing. But the cub also needed to be posted with its entire litter, as per the rules.

I don't know who got the other cubs, and the parent owners aren't on gaia any more. I just really want my cub to grow, and to get him certed for his new pride.

Answered
Thanks guys. X3  

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:29 pm

That's really more of a question for the mule, since it kind of involves overdue growths.
But the rule about a cub not growing unless it has cert info has been overridden, so your cub will grow whenever the colorist can get to it. :>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:51 am
The Captain Britain
Ririka

Okay, thanks! Just wondering.

To add to that, there is a chance that two fertile hybrids can produce a cub that is not a hybrid, aka a 'purebred'. Two leopons could produce leopon, pure leopard and pure lion cubs. (how this falls out in the breeding is up to the colorist) Think of it kind of like the crossbreeding squares you might have done in highschool. Each parent is one part lion and one part leopard and you can mix n'match two parts together for different possibilities.

In this instance, the hybrid cubs would be rolled for fertility, but the purebred cubs would be automatically fertile.  

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

Bugghnrahk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:20 pm
So many questions...

+ Can event/metaplot roleplays be used for breeding?

+ If a roleplay is dropped/abandoned by one person, but reaches the word count and post count requirements, can it be used for breeding even though the "story" is unfinished?

+ When it comes to customs, I notice a lot of talk about 'custom ins.' I realize you can only custom in once per litter, but does this only apply to breedings? Or is this custom-total-per-month sort of thing?

Thank-you!

.:. Shadows of Africa .:.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces