Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 2 Chapter 1: Daiippo/First Step Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:26 pm
The scorpion would watch the magistrate carefully as his cousin spoke and would move to make sure that if Kaiu-sama acted to harm Miyako, the Crab would have to go through him first. Anything he had to do with Zanzen could wait until later.

OOC:
Defending Miyako from Machiko.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:41 pm
Like Hisashi, Miyako's words seemed to get through to Machiko (the TN was 25, and a raise was required because of Brash). However, her Awareness/Etiquette to resist was 20 - one of her better rolls, but not high enough to oppose it (compared to her previous resist roll, anyways).

Magistrate Kaiu Machiko falls out of her Brash rage, and ceases her aggressive attacks - for now, at least!

"Shosuro-san... this man ambushed me and kept me prisoner here against my will for a week. His story changes, from Crab to Scorpion to Ronin - as such, I do not know what he is, but I'm willing to assume he's the worst sort of man. A duel would be too good for him; an execution would be more appropriate for his actions."

She would look down at her vice grip on his wrist, and seemingly casually 'discard' him in a different direction, sending him stumbling away. She would inhale, pause, and exhale slowly, composing herself.

"Whatever acts of goodwill he claims or has actually done are of no consequence to me. He is a criminal, and I have the authority to convict and execute him at the time of my choosing, including immediately. His fate, and the situation in this village, are of no consequence to any of you - but why does it sound like you're not going to agree with me?"

Combat is potentially over, though Zanzen and Hisashi are still entitled actions if they wish to continue combat instead.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish rolled 4 10-sided dice: 1, 5, 4, 3 Total: 13 (4-40)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:52 am
Assuming combat would remain done for long enough for Denbe to compose his thoughts...

With a hard look at his companions, hoping they would not blatantly disagree, the Hare spoke up.

"I have no objections magistrate, his fate and the village are yours to do with as you see fit- as are the bandits we have captured. However, I should humbly request that you give us permission to stay within the village for the day. Our companion Kaiu Kagae was beaten by the ruffians too badly to travel, and I should like to have him on his feet before we depart. A nights rest would do us all much good as well, as we have been traveling since the last morning."

At this point he was not even sure she recalled her earlier orders to leave, and that it was not thrown out in the midst of her wild rage, but in case she stood by it, he felt the need to make the request once more. That done, he let out a breath of air to relax, and added, off-handedly and no longer pleading a case;

"I might also suggest you stay the execution of this criminal long enough to question him regarding the location of your daisho, and extract the identity of the samurai leading them from these bandits; but I shall gladly defer to your wisdom in such regard."

[4k3 Awareness/Courtier(Manipulation): 12 D:]  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:13 pm
@ Denbe: Magistrate Machiko has one level of Unlucky which I was waiting for a damage roll to use it on. Would you like to convert her Unlucky into a Lucky reroll for yourself, or keep it banked for now?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish rolled 4 10-sided dice: 4, 10, 3, 4 Total: 21 (4-40)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:21 pm
User Image

[4k3 UNLUCK: 21]  
Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 3, 5 Total: 8 (2-20)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:22 pm
[WHEE: 13]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:45 pm
She huffs a bit, giving a look to Denbe, long and stoic, as she seemed to weigh what he said.

"Whatever he says cannot be trusted. He is nothing but a liar and a vagabond."

"It's in the other room, and the bandit's name is Kuemon. I've told YOU this. And YOU." the man would state quite plainly, rubbing his chin with the back of his hand from the blow he received earlier. He first said this looking at Machiko, then over to Miyako. "I have been nothing but honest and forthright with everyone since you arrived." He would pause, certain of his stance, though his expression changed. "Well, except-

"Except with the bandits, yes, you've sung that tune already. I bet you haven't even given us your real name yet, since you seem to change what you tell people so often."

"That's not... you're not..." the Scorpion would say, stumbling a bit over his predicament, before letting out an annoyed "Rrrrrgh!"

"Watch him - I am going to get my sword, or otherwise spring whatever trap he has laying in wait for me." Machiko commanded, before disappearing to a back room.

Bayushi Sanzo, or Iwao, depending on which story you believed, would wait unmoving, being unusually cooperative for someone who seems to be taken prisoner. If any of you have anything to say to or ask him, you have a minute to do it.

Machiko would come back after that minute, weapons in her obi. "What do you know, you're the kind of liar that mixes in truths with falsehoods so we never know what you're saying. The least trustworthy lot, if you ask me," she would mutter spitefully, standing before all of you, before looking at Denbe again.

"I will allow you the night's reprieve, but not him. He is useless to me, and I'd rather be done with him now. I will spare him an execution if the rest of you leave immediately, however. I wish to be done with this whole situation as soon as possible,"

Denbe, she's considering only one of your requests! Which will it be?

"I also regret to mention that where ever this man hid your companion Kagae's daisho, it was not with my own equipment. If he refuses to talk, I'm sure I can convince him to without the use of an Eta."  
Tei Kae rolled 9 10-sided dice: 2, 4, 6, 3, 9, 4, 3, 4, 8 Total: 43 (9-90)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:17 pm
"Yes, you did." Miyako answered, "But we are not here on your business as you pointed out."Pointedly but without words reminding him that they were not indebted to him, but that she had given him some time to get things done before doing her 'duty'.

~~~
Once the magistrate came back and gave her ultimatum, Miyako thought for a moment before piping up with a small question. "Magistrate-sama...if his -execution- is stayed, what will happen to him? He did try and save this village from bandits as we all saw."

She wanted to make sure that everyone in the party was very clear what would happen if Sanzo was to be executed. They didn't know his station or the truth of the matter. To be responsible for having killed another samurai knowingly by the choices they made....well...that was something to dwell on indeed.

[Awareness/Etiquette 6k4 [Sincerity/2] = 25 + Voice Free Raise to make it very clear if they stay, this man will die because of the choice they made.]  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 3, 9, 3, 4, 8, 5, 6, 3 Total: 41 (8-80)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:06 pm
@Decisions

The Scorpion winced to himself when he heard that Kagae's daisho was missing. He was almost tempted to stay to remove whoever it was that had boldly appropriated his clan's and family's identity, but now they had a reason to stay. Perhaps, if he could phrase it right.....

"Kaiu-sama!" Kojiro said as he prostrated himself to their now hostess. "The daisho of Kaiu Kagae is in the possession of the bandit Kuemon! Although I am a poor, guileless, country-samurai of a Scorpion, may I suggest that Sanzo....or whoever he is...be made to act in the Kaiu family's honor by aiding in the recovery of this possession? If he must die, then would that not be a better solution? Please, forgive my impertinence, but I felt I must speak!"

The bushi kept his pose perfectly still while waiting for the response from the apparently easily agitated Crab woman.

OOC:

Awareness/Courtier 5k3 w/ 3 dice to handle explosions
Results: 21
Raises called: 1 to emphasize the insult to the Kaiu family honor she could remove.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:50 pm
@ Miyako:

"HA! Save the village from bandits? By taking captive a magistrate who's duty it is to protect said village from said bandits?!" She would snort, then sneer. "No, he's simply been toying with all of us from the beginning, using this village as his playground for some kami-forsaken reason. Tell me, 'Sanzo', how many bandits have you killed in service to this village?"

"That's not-

"How many?"

"It's more comp-

"How. Many."

"..... none."

"The first honest thing you've said to me since the day I showed up." She seemed a bit more confident now after she made her point, turning her attention back to the rest of you. "There is no reason for me to allow him to live. The best I can offer him is a delayed execution until he gets returned to Kaiu Shiro, where we can get him to disclose and confess to all the crimes he's committed via an Eta torturer, including the ones we haven't learned of yet. The punishment for his actions up to now is death and nothing but death - at this point, it's not a matter of if, but when and by whom."

@ Kojiro:

"Kuemon has his own daisho, actually," Sanzo would correct Kojiro, seemingly uncaring about the news Machiko just announced. Apparently, the loss of his life didn't seem to phase him much.

"You dare suggest we let someone as despicable as this man act on BEHALF of the Kaiu? To REPRESENT my family? Are you mad? The only way I am letting this man out of my sight now is after his head has been cleaved from his shoulders. The only use he is to me now, is as assurance that by blade has not dulled."

Kojiro, she seems kind of insulted by your idea, but your honor is low enough where there would be no honor loss for a minor breach of etiquette. A TN 15 Etiquette roll will let you save face, but you don't have to make it if you don't want to (since there's no honor loss no matter what in this case).

But on the matter of honor loss...

Bayushi Kojiro! Ujina Denbe! Kakita Zanzen! Yoritomo Hisashi! The four of you left Kaiu Kagae's equipment (or, more to the point, his daisho) behind and saved some honorless bandits instead. As such, everyone loses honor as a major breach of etiquette (Kojiro, Denbe, Hisashi = -1 point; Kakita Zanzen, -3 points). This loss will be erased as soon as Kaiu Kagae's daisho is returned to his or your teams' possession!

The honor loss has now been resolved with the return of Kagae's daisho, as of 12/28/11!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 3, 3, 5, 5, 10, 1, 9, 4 Total: 40 (8-80)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:19 pm
@ Putting his foot in it again

The samurai would close his eyes and grit his teeth as he heard Machiko's response. He had waited until the woman ended her spiel before attempting to think again. "Forgive me, Kaiu-sama! I had not meant to offend. I will go retrieve your cousin's daisho. It was unworthy of me to suggest that the practical Kaiu family would allow a mere bandit to aid them in erasing a blight to their name! If you will excuse me, I will take my leave."

With that, Kojiro would turn, stand up, and walk out the door. He would head back to the clearing where Kagae was found in the hopes of finding his things

OOC
Awareness/Etiquette (Sincerity) 5k3 w/3 for explosions
Raises: 2 to make sure it drops on Machiko's head that a Scorpion is now helping out with HER family's whoopsy.
Result: 21  
Plainsfox rolled 14 10-sided dice: 2, 6, 6, 6, 8, 5, 3, 9, 9, 4, 4, 2, 3, 7 Total: 74 (14-140)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:40 pm
OOC: Intelligence/Investigation 5k3 w/3 dice to handle explosions. first 8
Results: 20
Agility/ Stealth 4k3 w/ 2 additional to handle explosions. second six.
Results: 17  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:55 pm
Denbe hadn't been aware of the issue at first. With a slowly growing look of horror after the magistrate spoke, however, he glanced toward their Crab companion, realizing that he had been missing a few things. All the while Miyako made the issue weigh more heavily on his mind. The man seemed plainly guilty of all the things the magistrate had accused him of, and so Denbe didn't feel terrible about leaving her to decide his punishment, but for what amount it did irk him, the Scorpion had only irritated that.

The Hare clenched and unclenched his fists for a long moment, listening to Kojiro speak before he opened his mouth again.

"Wait a moment Bayushi-san, if you would."

Quickly stepping from where he stood over to the criminal- and unsheathed his sword, leveling the point at him quickly, but not striking.

"I have a sworn duty to the empire, and I should be quite ready to watch the magistrate execute you now if it meant ensuring our ability to fullfill it. However, I might still have a use of you." The Hare glared levelly at Sanzo, holding steady even while he raises his voice. "It is clear to me that whoever you are, you know of these bandits better than any else here, and that information could make the difference. Should the magistrate be so gracious as to allow it, I would be willing to leave the village and make camp beyond sight of it with my companions in order to see you spared.

"On the condition, and only on the condition, that you would remain with us as guide and prisoner until Kagae-san's daisho and armor have been retrieved, whether that mean scouring the place we found him or hunting down the whole lot of these criminals."

The Hare took a deep breath, sucking through his teeth, and then continued.

"Should you show any signs of further lies or betrayal, however, and I will cut you down where you stand before the treachery has time to bear fruit."

He said that more for the magistrate's peace of mind than to frighten Sanzo- the Hare didn't care if Sanzo thought he meant it. It only mattered that he had put his proposal on the table, and now it was for the Magistrate, and Sanzo, to decide what they would make of it.  
Psychofish rolled 4 10-sided dice: 2, 1, 2, 7 Total: 12 (4-40)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:39 pm
[4k3 Awareness/Courtier: 11]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Tei Kae rolled 9 10-sided dice: 9, 7, 6, 8, 1, 6, 3, 3, 9 Total: 52 (9-90)

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:48 pm
Miyako listened to Denbe's plan and nodded, that was actually a rather clever plan for the little rabbit. At the end, she spoke up as well. "Magistrate-san, you should not have to sully yourself with this man. I am only saddened we were not able to come sooner to stop this entire fiasco. I believe Denbe-san is right, he does know potentially important information that could allow this village to settle once again as well as to be of assistance to the Kaiu. He has shown himself to be quite unrelenting upon betrayal so you would have no fear of him releasing him before he could be returned to you for his proper punishment if you deem so."

[Courtier/Awareness 7k4+ Free raise for Voice to convince her of the idea's worth +3 Manipulation 33 + 5 for raise? ]  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games