A doctor who rp Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who wants to be the doctor?
  OOOHHH! OOOHHHH! PICK MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!*Crash*
  THE ASSISTANTS ROCK!!!!!!
  The doctor stinks! THE MASTER FOR INTER GALACTIC RULER!!!!!
View Results

Collateral Damage Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:53 pm
He licked his thumb and began to flip through the leather bound book as the doctor drew closer, stopping briefly on a page laden with alien diagrams and lettering.

"Your race knows much of the universe, but very little beyond. The beyond houses the true lords and ladies of realities. This existent and all others are merely the dreams of the Daemon Sultan. The Dreamers sleeps at the center of all existence, with other Gods piping and dancing to ensure our existence continues."

He stopped, but as soon as The Doctor opened his mouth to retort, Alhazred continued

"A parable for you: There was once another race who had mastered time travel. Like yours they were kind-hearted and scientifically-minded. Like rats they chewed through the barriers of time and space, and passed freely through them. The Gods grew angry, especially The-Three-Who-Are-One, Yog-Sothoth, for he is the Gate, the Key, and the Gatekeeper, and they were as vermin in his home, or parasite within. So The Messenger was sent, and a bargain was struck, which allows the great race to continue its attempts to amass knowledge. But The Messenger is a master of madness, and striking a deal with this Crawling chaos is quite literally a deal with the Devil. These kindly scientists could only travel time in spirit, by forcibly switching minds with a target."

The Mad-Poet coughed and rattled as he cleared his throat.

"Their targets, now possessed by alien intelligence, appeared mad, which resulted in terrible repercussions. Meanwhile their victims, suddenly with in the 10-foot cone-shaped bodies, went mad, even upon return. Can you, can ANY of you, guess the moral?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:54 pm
The Doctor raised his eyebrows. He still felt weak but the faint sense of hope filled him with a newfound strength.

"Well that's easy, I'd think... Don't try to master the barriers between Time and Space, which is something my race figured out long ago... and don't strike a deal with this 'Crawling Chaos' messenger, he doesn't sound too pleasant. No?"

The Doctor moved forward towards the man with the leather-bound book, suddenly itching to know what the book was. A familiar itch. It was the yearning to jump... into the darkness.
A faint memory stirred as the words floated across his mind... Yog-Soggoth, Dreamers, Crawling Chaos, Madness, Gate Keeper... and that book...

"It cannot be..."

The Doctor moved close enough to feel his throat go dry. His voice was hoarse as he spoke: "Who are you? Tell me... who are you?"

~~~

"Holy s**t, what was that voice?" Sam asked Eddie.

"HOW should I know?" Eddie snapped.

"I wouldn't trust it... it could have just been used to keep us at bay, it could be lying, trying to manipulate us..."

"OBVIOUSLY you haven't been out and about the universe much, have you?"

Closer to the tower, Susan looked severe. She moved right up to the door and stared at it.

Irene moved next to her, the Captain somewhere between the two pairs, looking back and forth.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Irene asked.

"What's that?"

"We have to get in. No matter what lays ahead, the Doctor needs our help. Plan or no plan..."

The corners of Susan's lips twitched into a brief smile. "Yes. Plan... or no plan."

Irene looked back at Sam and Eddie. Sam recognized the glance as her familiar "come here this instant" look, and moved forward. Eddie dwindled, and then followed, accompanied by the Captain.

(( OOC: Sorry the writings a bit meh but i had to put something down ))  

CrystalGazer

JackLantern2020

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:45 pm
The Captain heard that voice and the talk between the others and when Eddie went he accompanied her getting his laser screwdriver ready to get in and help him by any means neccessary.

He just hopes that when they get inside of there they will be of some help to him and not totally ruin whatever the doctor has been planning in that room, if he had came up with a plan that is.  
When I Say Run - A Doctor Who Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff