Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Rpgs R Us:: *Escape Reality*Enter Imagination*

Back to Guilds

RPing guild with high literacy and zero slave or vampire RPs. Come help us grow! 

Tags: X-Men, Cowboy Bebop, Final Fantasy, Arabian, Pokemon 

Reply Rpgs R Us
Welcome old Members! Lets have a little chat, shall we? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Paran
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:01 am
... I fail to understand the necessity of Mule accounts in Gaia.

Traditionally, the term was used for characters in online games whose only purpose was to hold all the items you didn't want to get rid of but didn't have intentory space for. As far as I know there is no inventory limit in Gaia... though I could be wrong on that, I suppose.

... I assume you're just using the term to refer to Alt accounts... but that's just weird to me as an online gamer. Crazy Gaians and their perversions of gaming lingo.

This totally off-topic post brought to you by random boredom.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:33 am
Personally, I prefer the term sock puppet. It's BBS lingo, which is what Gaia effectively is, and it's far more accurate in this case.  

Ryushikaze
Crew

Platonix

Vice Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:52 pm
I'm assuming the chief use of mule accounts on Gaia is to amass more Daily Chance Items, "First Posting Bonus" gold, and so on.

I actually briefly considered making a female account for Tabitha Reed, since you're talking about using them to represent RPG characters...but I decided I really shouldn't. See, Tabitha changes hair colors regularly, and I'd be far too tempted to change the avatar's hair color to match her. You can't store hairstyles in your inventory. I'd have to give Salon Durem more gold every time Tabitha switched personalities.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:46 pm
Mules- Second and third accounts so you can play one character on each name.
Or Gaians that want to stock up on daily chance items and first posting gold, like Pory said.

Pory, if you like I can lend you my Elemental or Mythical hair for a female account. You can change the hair styles with them as much as you like. I don’t use them often.  

WickedElphie
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Elfgirl M-chan
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:02 am
I was good with just my main account, but I figured that it would be amusing to go on and create a male mule account at Amby's suggestion. He'll probably come in handy more in Bebop than he will in X-Men, but hey, whatever works.

It's kind of funny though...as soon as I created him, he was promptly welcomed by a number of girls, in both messages and friend requests.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:20 am
The following areas still need to be set up:
-Dreigania (Who is running this?! Does anyone want to run it?)
-Selenica (Pory)

I'd like to get us open by the weekend if possible so lets hop to getting them set up.  

WickedElphie
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

WickedElphie
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:26 am
Also... the last few days before we open with a small entry fee, I'm going to allow everyone to invite any friends they might have made on Gaia to join for free. Kinda like a VIP thing. After three days though, people will need to start paying.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:15 am
As far as I know, I'm up to take the reigns of Dreigania. However, I haven't officially posted the sign-up information yet because I wanted to confirm whether or not I'd been named the new host for it.  

Elfgirl M-chan
Captain

WickedElphie
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:49 pm
I don't know... it's up to everyone else. I have nothing to do with Dreigania, never did so I leave it up to the ones in it to pick who will host.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:04 pm
As I mentioned, I can take over Dregania, though it would also be rebooted from start, especially if DS, who played Swarm in it, won't be joining us.  

Ryushikaze
Crew

Platonix

Vice Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:39 pm
M-chan has been talking about running it for a while. If she wants to it's fine with me. I think everyone's assuming a restart, at least partially because two very major characters are no longer part of this community. I've already posted signup info on the ezBoard for a new character, one very different from Dyrenya.

As for Selenica, currently nobody has voted to keep it exactly as is, so I'll need time to rework things a bit. I might just leave Burdia in; if we go with 17 types Burdia won't have a Gym and I'll come up with something else it'll be a good place to visit for, and if we go with 20 I might end up putting all three of the extra types' Gyms there.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:29 pm
I've taken the reins of Dreigania, Amby, so that's set. I'm currently working on setting it up.

Yay RPGs. ^_^  

Elfgirl M-chan
Captain

WickedElphie
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:00 am
Great! I think I'm gonna work on an applying form for people to fill out. If people have friends they want to invite once I have the fourm, you can invite them.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:37 am
M, I put and "Under Construction" next to Dreigania so you can work on it and we can still open.  

WickedElphie
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Elfgirl M-chan
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:01 pm
So I noticed. That's cool, and I really appreciate it. It'll help me to rework Han's old posted info around the travel band schedule. Given our free time today, I should be able to have something up before I'm called into action.
-------------------------------------------------
*EDIT

And I've got it set up as of a while ago. All current RPGs are now set. ^_^  
Rpgs R Us

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out