Do you think RHPS should be remade?
  Yeah!
  Why not?
  HELL NO!
View Results

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:56 am
They're going to ruin it. =(
The low-budget improvisations, little mistakes and original actors not to metion the cheesy special effects are what make it so good! Ugh they can't redo it.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:23 am
I say why not i mean although it might not have the original cast is will always be good in my mind. And hey i might not be half bad.  

Draco_Slayer

Dr Fairbanks

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:07 pm
E-Z Eve
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! Why ruin something good?? Why does EVERYTHING have to be remade its just stupid!!!!!

You took the NO! NO! NO! right out of my mouth.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:23 pm
NO WAY IN H*LL! look at what they did to king kong! the next this you know it will have 85 remakes and the master peice that is RHPS would no longer exist! i would, however, go see it if they did. that does not mean i would like it and not complain about every thing from wall color to frank,s shoes.  

melon-san

bri~hime

12,075 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:45 pm
Ok idea, but NOT marylin manson (i don't CARE if I spell it wrong) That just kills the humour aspect. *shudders* He'd make it WAY to creepy...  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:47 pm
bri~hime
Ok idea, but NOT marylin manson (i don't CARE if I spell it wrong) That just kills the humour aspect. *shudders* He'd make it WAY to creepy...

I agree with that. Nothing against Manson, I love his music and all, but having him as Frankie would just be.....*Shudder Shudder* And even though if they do a remake, its not gonna be as good as the original (We all know that) BUT....it would be kinda cool to see what people could do with it now that we have all this technology.  

Struck By Lux

Dangerous Noob

7,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Rocky Whorror

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:53 pm
No! No! NO!

Why Must they Always SCREW UP CLASSICS?! Like Geebus, Hollywood Has Lost ALL Creativity. They Can't Think Of Anything New To Do So They Go And Attack Old Movies, And They SUCK At Casting If They REALLY Need To Remake A Movie. Like Seriously, Can YOU Picture Marilyn Manson Strutting Around In DRAG, Singing Sweet Transvestite?

NO YOU CAN'T!

Because Marilyn Manson Is Meant To Stay In His Own Creepy Little World, Not Crush Millions Of Tim Curry Fans Under The Heel Of His Little Creepy Feet! Rocky Horror Is Meant To NOT Be Redone, Its A Classic For Crying Out Loud, No Matter How Hard They Try, IT WILL NEVER BEAT THE ORIGINAL. It's Like When They Tried To Re-do Charlie And The Chocolate Factory. IT DID NOT WORK.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show Is A Classic Movie That Should Never Be Redone. Even If People Say The Acting Is Lame, Or The Special Effects Look Like Crap. It's STILL A Classic. You Don't See Any Big Macho Hollywood Producers Trying To Remake The Wizard Of Oz Do You?

NO YOU DON'T!

Thats Because It Cannot Be Outranked. Because Its The Classic Movie That Like EVERYONE Has Seen, And Well, Its Just Too Good To Try And Beat.

The Same Applies For Rocky Horror, The Remake Will Be A Flop. Because Honestly, How Freaking Amazing Is Tim Curry In That Movie? He Can NOT Be Out Done. He's Just Too Freaking Amazing.

So I Say:

NO To A Remake Of Rocky Horror, Hollywood Will Have To Try Harder.

NO To Redoing Any Of The Script, They Will Ruin The Old Jokes

NO To Redoing Any Of The Songs, Which They Will If They Redo The Movie, And We All Know It

And

GOD FREAKING NO! To Marilyn Manson. He Is A Creep. He Will Ruin Frankie! Thats Just Because He Is Meant To Scare Little Children And Make Disturbing Music Videos. He Is NOT Allowed To Dance Around In Drag To The Amazing Tune Of Sweet Transvestite. Thats Just The Way The World Works.

So Now I Say:

HOLLYWOOD SHOULD TRY HARDER!

Because, Rocky Horror Should NEVER Be Redone. Never Freaking Ever. Because It Is A Classic. And... Well... Its Just Not Allowed To Happen!

ROCKY HORROR FOR LIFE!
NO REMAKES!
WE DO NOT WANT THE TIME WARP DONE AGAIN!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:37 pm
They've been planning this remake for at least five years. I remember hearing about it when I was in my mid-teens. Marilyn Manson, of course, would play Frank, and Craig Parker - Haldir from LOTR2 - would be the criminologist.

But if it hasn't happened yet, I doubt it will.

I don't see why people are so butt-hurt about it though. It's not like the movie was the original.  

Captain McGreen

Aegean_Kassan

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:57 am
I don't think they should remake it. I love RHPS and shudder to think what comercial film studios would do to it today. Besides, could anyone today match Tim Curry?  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:49 am
I think it'll flop., I mean if its remade, the first week is gonna be good but I think the original will be way better,. I dont think that they will do the original justice  

hondababe

The gypsy Queen

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:22 pm
eek ya. i've herd that it's going back on Broday. (it was on off brodway b4 t was amde into the move.)  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:02 pm
eek hope not, luv the original, that's my opinion..  

goddess77201

XxCreature_of_the_NightxX

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:57 am
Thought I'd weigh in on this. I think we could all agree that NOTHING will ever beat the original Rocky Horror. The thought of a remake gives me a headache. No one could ever live up to the standards that have been set by Tim Curry as Frank N Furter or (my favorite) Richard O Brien as Riff Raff or any of the other original actors. Manson as Frankie would be...diferent. I'm a Manson fan, but I still don't think he could pull off Frankie very well...I don't think anyone could. But none the less I would go and see the remake. Undoubtedly it would probably be one of the most painful things ever to see the high tech graphics and things of that sort. The efect of a remake would be the creation of a new legion of fans. Fans that probably have never heard of Rocky Horror before the remake. Then those fans would start their own groups dedicated to Manson and how great he was at playing Frank N Furter and to how much the old Rocky Horror sucks due to the bad graphics, bad colors, mistakes the actors made, and all the things I LOVE about the original Rocky Horror Picture Show. Yep....That is all.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:13 pm
misochan
I actually have been wanting to see a remake, just to see what it'll be like...I can't wait if they make it!

i agree...  

mqm

youmee400

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:52 pm
No no no no NO remake the origional is the height of perfection  
The Rocky Horror Picture Show Fan Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items