Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The United Martial Artists Guild
Introductions! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is it about martial arts that lures you?
  The history and culture.
  The arts itself.
  The training.
View Results

BDaichi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:24 pm
Name: Brandon
Style if one is studied: Nortan Kung Fu and Lei Tai Kickboxing
Your interest in Martial arts: I just like fighting, and making marital art videos. Sooo to make my videos look better I need to learn a real style instead of self teaching lol.
Anything else you would like to add:
I gonna be the first Urban Black Ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:11 pm
Name: Earl

Style or styles studied: Taekwondo, Juijutsu, (currently Learning) Kendo, Muay thai, Sikaran(includes Kali Stix and Kris)

Reason for joining: To talk to other martial artists about techniques and other stuff  

Vizzion

Kitsune_Moon230

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:51 pm
Name: Kitsune_Moon230

Style if one is studied: Tae Kwon Do, Hapkido

Your interest in Martial arts: I love Martial Arts. I like learning about the history because a lot of my ethnic background is Asian and it's nice to find out some info on my culture. I also like to practice self discipline to bring out the best in myself and striving to achieve greater heights.

Anything else you would like to add: My instructor had me sparring the second day I started Martial Arts......just because i'm a yellow belt, please don't think less of me for I am a determined/ hard worker and always try to get better and do my best.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:13 pm
Name: Marc
Style if one is studied: Hap Ki Do
Your interest in Martial arts: at first I was interested in only how to defend myself or how to fight. But after 3 months of training i realizes it is more than just techniques and kicking and stuff like that. I have had some Life altering experiences while training that I think have made me into a better person.
Anything else you would like to add: I think i said enough above about my interest in martial arts.

(Rank is optional since truly we are all the same here rank as in belt color does not matter for in this guild we are equall rank)  

iamagiraffe

Kiba_Inu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:35 am
Name: Jeff
Style if one is studied: TaeKwonDo once did Judo for awhile
Your interest in Martial arts: My interest in martial arts is that before I had done martial arts at a younger age and then my family didn't have enough money to afford MA so I had to wait and then when I got back into it the world seems different mentally to me and maybe to others and you understand more about the purpose of fighting and such (or atleast thats whats happened to me)
Anything else you would like to add:I hope that I enjoy this guild as much as I'm hoping and talking to other people.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:45 am
Name: Aristo (preferably Draken, although it's not my real name)
Style if one is studied: Tae Kwon Do
Your interest in Martial arts: Well, for starters, I've always(or at least for as long as I could remember) have had an interest in asian stuff. So, one day, I turned on the TV, and watched an episode of Yuu Yuu Hakusho. This may seem irrelivant, but it's what got me into Tae Kwon Do. I've also written a novel(and am in the process of writing it, still), about ninja and ninjutsu, which I also hope to one day study.
Anything else you would like to add: Nothing much. smile I like ramen. xD

The Draken

The Draken

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:47 am
Vizzion
Name: Earl

Style or styles studied: Taekwondo, Juijutsu, (currently Learning) Kendo, Muay thai, Sikaran(includes Kali Stix and Kris)

Reason for joining: To talk to other martial artists about techniques and other stuff

You should send that to the mod. blaugh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:06 pm
Name: Roninofthewest
styles include: i go to a mixed martial arts school. the main course is in karate and general kickboxing. i have also learned to have a deep respect for Brazilian jui jitsu from one of my fellow students.

as of now i have been studying martial arts for about 3months, but i have been interested in it all my life.  

Roninofthewest

Yakimito

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:31 pm
Name:Long Pham
Style if one is studied:Wushu, Shotokan Karate
Your interest in Martial arts: The history and the philosophy. I like the culture, and I pretty much would have a hard time with other problems and I might have had a completely different personality.
Anything else you would like to add: I recently switched from wushu after 4 years to Shotokan Karate. Though some of the stances and things common with all other martial arts are the same, I'm finding it a bit hard to adjust to the difference in stances and the terminology. It might be since I've been in wushu for so long, my body has adjusted to those posistions, so trying to get used to Shotokan is sort of like breaking a habit. Oh, and I lime Yu Yu Hakusho too. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:59 am
Name: Johanna
Style if one is studied: Wing Chun
Your interest in Martial arts: I'm interested in the culture of martial arts and also the different ways of defending onself from different attacks. i'm also quite interested in the history (and legends) of origin of various martial arts.  

Elithil

Dovasary_08

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:03 pm
Name:
Dove
Style if one is studied:
Japanees Sword Fighting
their is no rank, just senority (whos been their longer.) I'm 3rd.
Your interest in Martial arts:
I love the flowing art of the style and the culture, tradition, and history behind it all. Weapons.
Anything else you would like to add:
I've been doing sword fighting for about 2 1/2 years. I not only know how to use a sward but I also know how to use a bo, a short sward, both long and short togeter, and my favorite a naginata, which is what I'm best at.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:05 pm
Name: Sukai ( I like my Adopted Japanese name better than my Given American one )
Style if one is studied: Basic Martial Arts
Your interest in Martial arts: Been involved since I was little, had to learn some discipline.
Anything else you would like to add: I'm looking to study a sword art as well, maybe some Tai Chi too.  

([Sukai Yurisake])

1,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Lee Retalis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:39 am
Name: Kai
Style if one is studied: Mixed Martial Arts / Karate

Your interest in Martial arts: The history, the techniques, the sense of community I have with my dojo (and hopefully soon with those in this guild.)The confidence and strength it's given me, everything about it basically.
Anything else you would like to add: Not partiuclarly.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:23 pm
Name: Whist
Style if one is studied: Karate/Muay Thai/ Little bit of Kung Fu (MMA)
Your interest in Martial arts: the history and culture, the fitness required, the motivation, the friendships formed, the sense of security no matter where you go.  

Whistracken

Trudrizzle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:44 pm
Name biggrin rizzle The Tru
Style if one is studied: Ken Po and Tae Kwon Do (seems to be popular in this group)
Your interest in Martial arts: spritual harmony and defence.
Anything else you would like to add: i wanna grow up to be jax from mortal kombat.  
The United Martial Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff