Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply Threadfall
[06.26.3576 HRW] Bowl & Infirmary: CLOSED! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:34 am
Green Samodith

The brush of a mind against hers wasn't entirely unexpected, another brief little check-in from someone, but Samodith was a touch surprised it wasn't family, but Bajeth. Hmm. It was hardly enough to cheer her up - that would be quite a feat indeed, as solidly into a sulk as she was - but she half appreciated the attempt. The other half edged on irritation, the not uncommon reaction of someone deep into a bad mood to not want to be prodded, even in a well-meaning way.

She opened her eye, but without lifting her head, there was no pinpointing he wingsecond amidst all the bustle, and she closed it again with a soft sigh. She was quiet for a moment before she replied, meaauring her words to keep the tone even and without the bite of snark...but she was also careful to block some of the melancholy. It wouldn't do to come across as any more weak or vulnerable than she already looked. She couldn't help her physical state, but now that she was more readily aware, she could at least better control the thoughts and feelings she shared.

I do not like missing the fight, she said finally. And I thank you for the offer, but that may be a bit far for me to go. It wasn't entirely untrue, and was a more palatable excuse than 'I don't feel like it.' Though that was also true. It was just...rather a lot of effort she wasn't quite willing to expend, even if attention from a wingsecond should have pleased her.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:44 pm
Ky’ess & Hiraeth - Trespassers (2nd Wave)
TRESPASSERS
Ky’ess of Blue Hiraeth
HP: 25/25
Status Effect:
XP:
Target Accuracy: 2
Flame Length: 4
General Stamina: 2
General Agility: 2
Between Accuracy: 4
Pain Resilience: 2
Instinct: 2
Luck: 3

The offer to return again makes Hiraeth croon, wings tucking tighter but glancing up at his friend appreciatively. It would be nice to see Bajeth again, if just to show off the lanterns. There's the briefest curl of sadness, for he's sure that the bronze's cooler hide colors would have looked spectacular lit up by glows. Well -- then it's doubly important he returned, wasn't it? Just to check this theory out. We'll have to! I'm certain Mine would appreciate it, as well. Ky'ess had been in better spirits since befriending Bajeth's, at any point.

But as Bajeth turned away, to speak to someone else, Hiraeth ducked his head slightly and slipped away from the dragon's side to weave into the crowd. He peeks, curiously, to where His was still conversing… before turning and continuing to weave through gathered pairs preparing to fight thread, and kissing loved ones farewell.

That haunted look made him worry more, if Ky'ess was honest. Wherever S'ian's mind had gone, it wasn't kind. The look of loss, and mourn isn't lost on him; Ky'ess had lost family, friends. Known people who had devastating losses. So maybe he's even less sorry for the hug, when it seemed to distract enough from the tunnelsnake hole he was possibly slipping into. The staring, though, has Ky'ess fidgeting slightly -- should he apologize? It wasn't like the bluerider was any bit sorry for it, and it seemed like S'ian might have needed it.

But as the wingsecond collected himself, the young man couldn't help but try to do the same; hoping the red of his face might be fading. It was a fleeting hope, because he's caught somewhere between nothing short of fleeing with the watered down excuse to see where his dragon might have gotten because Ky'ess feared he was taking up S'ian's time… and asking for another hug. That smile turned on him has Ky'ess happily giving one of his own.

"I'll keep that in mind. And - ah, if you think you might need another break before I go up, I'll happily listen, okay?" But he's turning, giving a small wave as he slipped into the crowd and dodging between pairs to go find his dragon.

SilverLutz

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:03 pm
Niobet and Aedeth - Queen's Wing

Faranth's Furies (Queen's Wing)
Niobet of gold Aedeth
HP: 45/45
Status Effect: N/A
XP: (+6 to all base stats, +5 to distribute)
Target Accuracy: +7
Flame Length: +6
General Stamina: +7
General Agility: +6
Between Accuracy: +7
Pain Resilience: +6
Instinct: +8
Luck: +6

With so much going on, the look of surprise on the young woman's face was hardly a surprise. Niobet hadn't really announced herself before stepping forward to help, after all. All things considered, she supposed she ought to be grateful the other hadn't simply crashed into her, or bounced off. "Can I take a few of these?" she asked before automatically plucking a few of the more precariously balanced bandages out of Melka's arms. No, she hadn't waited for an answer. If she had, who knows how far they might have had to chase a roll or two across the bowl. "Where are we going with these?" she asked, and smiled.

You should let her do her duty, Aedeth opined, lowering her head to give the candidate a once-over and to ruffle her hair with an exasperated huff.

I am, Niobet shot back. I'm just making sure she doesn't have to start all over again. With luck, all these rolls will go unused. "Don't mind her," she said aloud, casting a glance up at the gold. "Where to?"

Uta
Hello!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:24 pm
Bajeth saw Hiraeth slip off to find Ky'ess again which was just as well - even if he wasn't flying until the second round of greens and blues he should see his wing off. It allowed the bronze to focus on his fellow grounded green when she finally replied, though her answer wasn't terribly enthused. He couldn't blame her, of course, and sent another reassuring wave with his words.

Would you prefer for me to join you instead once there is a bit more room? His wing ached whenever he moved but pain was temporary, and if he could lift Samodith's spirits by sitting by her side he'd be happy to do so. This was his job today, after all. Though if she didn't want him nearby he'd understand. Sometimes having your own space was preferable.

Meepfur

Ky'ess slipped away after his farewell before S'ian could say anything further, but he did get a little wave in before the younger rider was out of sight. He put his hands on his hips and gave a little sigh, not sure what he was feeling anymore. The frustration he'd felt before had given way to a bit of relaxation from the little distraction, though that sadness from a moment ago was clinging to the back of his mind. He hoped Ky'ess and Hiraeth would be all right tonight after all he'd said, knowing full well that just because you said you'd be fine didn't mean it would actually happen.

Shaking his head to try to toss those thoughts aside, he returned to checking in with Burning Aces riders to ensure they had everything they needed. Z'tir's inspection had them all mostly bunched together so any last minute requests would be easy to fill.

Prism Shine

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:23 pm
C'ryn & Bronze Aresoth

I think the straps are tight enough C'ryn Mine. Aresoth's large wedge head had turned to see what his rider was busying himself with. C'ryn, for his part ducked his head down for a moment looking things over before letting his attention move to the bronze. "Can never be too safe Aresoth. They aren't hurting you, are they?" The was no reason for the question to have been asked but he still let it pass through his lips.

I am fine. You are worrying over something so simple. Reaching his head down Aresoth nudged his rider gently, his eyes whirling purple. We will do our wing and Weyr proud. C'ryn let himself lean against the bronze's head for a moment before he stepped away. "I know we will. We will be fine...I just..." His eyes moved to look around those in the weyrbowl.

Aresoth gave a rumble, nudging his rider once more. Go and see her if it is bothering you so much. Your head needs to be in the right place when we are in the air.

With a nod of his head C'ryn moved off from where Aresoth was waiting, his eyes moving to find a blond form.

TheWishling
Looking for Alumet

HARBINGERS
[size-=11]C'ryn of Bronze Aresoth
HP: 45
Status Effect: If applicable.
XP:
Target Accuracy: 8
Flame Length: 7
General Stamina:11
General Agility: 10
Between Accuracy: 12
Pain Resilience: 9
Instinct: 8
Luck: 6

----------------------------------------------

A'dras & Bronze Gareth

Another Threadfall was upon them. A'dras checked over everything on Gareth, making sure things were just right before he let his eyes move over his wing. The Trespassers all were readying themselves as well and he couldn't help but feel the swell of pride for them.

"Trespassers! There isn't much more I can say that Weyrleader D'mon hasn't already said. Keep your wits about you, remember your drills and call out if one of your wingmates could help you." The man squared his shoulders some, never one for giving great speeches, he always felt like he didn't know what to say and had always been a man a few words.

"No matter what happens up there today, I am proud of you all."

Gareth gave a rumble of approval as well as A'dras moved off. The man passed C'ryn and the pair stopped for a moment to embrace before continuing on their way. A'dras had his own destination in mind, his eyes locked on a figure.

Approaching from behind, A'dras let his arms wrap around Branwyn, placing a kiss upon her cheek. "Stay safe up there, my love."

Sweet Symmetry
Hi

Quote:
Just a word of encouragement for the Trespassers

TRESPASSERS
A'dras of Bronze Gareth
HP: 46
XP:
Target Accuracy: 9
Flame Length: 10
General Stamina: 12
General Agility: 6
Between Accuracy: 8
Pain Resilience: 7
Instinct: 10
Luck: 7

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:57 pm
Urzoh of green Cartujanth [Helping out]

Cartujanth wished she was just a bit taller, hatched a little earlier! She would be able to help all of the full trained dragons today. More than helping haul Firestone! Oh how Urzoh loved the eagerness of her lovely beast.

Eager to help, to do her part. What a formidable team they'd make… after all their training! Loading and hauling stone was important. Wings didn't need to stop and scramble and figure where the next batch was coming from. Urzoh had a quiet sense of pride of the Weyr she was raised in, for the brilliant wings that dotted the bowl. With every fiber of her being she wished them well, and wished they'd stay safe in the skies.

Cartujanth kept her eyes on the grown dragons, imitating some of their more calm and focused demeanors. One day it would be her duty to do the same, and she's have just as much poise! Urzoh gave a silent chuckle, tying another sack of firestone closed. We'll be as scored as the rest of them soon enough, dear. Count our blessings that we have time to learn and time to help 'em.

Candidate Rahmsii [Helping out]

Focused, focused, focused. Blood perched on his shoulder quietly, hiding under Rahmsii's long hair - chirping every now and again as his bonded rolled bandages together. The focused monotony of the task chased away the anxiety that crept in his stomach. He spun another bandage closed, another skin of water capped. Baskets and bundles packed.

It would heal someone. It would help someone. Never mind the little blisters forming on his fingers. He moved diligently, scarcely focusing on the nervous chatter around him. Running supplies, gathering more. Listening diligently to anyone older than him who needed something. Rahmsii would stay close, and hopefully wouldn't be underfoot.  

Spockat

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:24 pm
Talis and blue Holleth - Harbingers (Second Wave)

Talis and Holleth were well-prepared, as ever, though today they'd not be going up until the second wave. The wait didn't bother them, however, nor did the prospect of having to fight Thread in the dark; while it would be more dangerous, and they did take that quite seriously, there was no sense in worrying about it. It was what it was, and they'd trained for such conditions, so what point was there in fretting? Talis wasn't given to such things in the first place, and Holleth...well, there were a select few things he might worry about, but going into battle wasn't among them.

They had little to do now but wait their turn - and perhaps spend a bit more time with those who would be going up first. That was Holleth's objective, anyway, as the small blue slipped close to bump his head against Slidrianth's, the gesture accompanied by a quiet little wave of love. He was understated in his displays of affection, to say the least, but they were no less genuine. Though he might not be the most demonstrative of dragons, he was true, and those he loved, he loved deeply.

He also offered wordless mental brushes to his mother, to Nyenyezith, to Anakumath, and to Mnereth as well, his friend now in another wing. Nothing intrusive, just a passing wisp of thought they need pay no mind to, as they were surely all quite busy.

With her dragon occuppied, Talis was bereft of a leg to lean against, and had little to do but stand and watch the goings-on around the Bowl. La'hisen would surely be busy with whatever the Weyrlingmaster and his assistants had the Ashlings up to, and anyway, well. She wasn't exactly one for the rather, ah, sappy - or else very enthusiastic - public displays of affection that were practically every which way she looked. To each their own, but...

Tsunake
hi Sli! (also Mnereth, hey fren.)

Uta
just a tiny emotion_bigheart for mom and brother!

demon_pachabel
just a tiny emotion_bigheart for cousin!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:25 pm

If there were farewells to be made, then this farewell would take precedence over them all. Lady Ink cut through the swathe of riders gathered around Weyrwoman Zheria, and swept the woman up into a kiss. Weyrmates, lovers, partners... whatever they were, it meant the world to the quiet woman. If she could have, she would have burned all of Thread from the sky before it had the chance to hurt her beloved.

"Come back to me, Zher," she whispered against Zheria's lips, letting her hands link behind her head. If anyone overheard a word said, it wouldn't be for her lack of trying to keep discretion. "Burn it, and come back to me." For indeed, Zheria had much awaiting her upon her return.

Uta

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:40 pm
Lutea and Gelith - Second Wave

Gelith's eye whirled with a content blur of purple, blue, and green, ready to patiently await for this inspection that Dobrokhoth spoke of to be over. And I should happily stay there this time, she pointed out insistently. While every dragon had their bad day, she did much prefer the good ones and would hope that more of them would find this to have been a good one as well.

Of course we will, Lutea chimed in to Gelith, idly smoothing over her straps one more time and checking with a finger-test to make sure that they were both not too tight and not too loose. As though they'd somehow changed in the small amount of time it had been since the last time she'd nitpicked over them. Gelith's presence washed over her, flooding love upon the woman made of nothing but nerves. Should I just come stand in line beside you and see if I am noticed? she suggested to Dobrokhoth, pondering if he'd find it as amusing a thought as she did.

Meepfur

HARBINGERS WING
Lutea of Green Gelith
HP: 21/21
Status Effect: --
XP: (+6 to all base stats) (+5 to distribute as I see fit)
Target Accuracy: +6
Flame Length: +6
General Stamina: +6
General Agility: +7
Between Accuracy: +7
Pain Resilience: +6
Instinct: +7
Luck: +8

Martirae and Anakumath - Both Waves

Marty dared a half-smile. "Oh, I'm sure there will be quite the line waiting and ready for that," though in all actuality most would probably be more ready for a bath and to sleep. She'd not pretend to know which she would be.

"I dare say the sheen of a freshly oiled hide always suits you, though," perhaps it was a biased fondness for Venandith by extension of her fondness of Zyamel, but she did agree he was an incredibly handsome specimen of a brown. It was fairly different than the bias she had about a different brown, but she trusted Anakumath to take her council to hearts in regards to him.

"She is something. I'd say by simply existing you get to be on the list of a check-in from her," a kindness that Marty was still hard to come by. But she'd gotten better about it. "Oh, I'm strictly appointment only, booked out for sevendays" Marty dared joke. From anybody else, such suggestion would have earned some ire and choice words from Martirae. But Zyamel was safe. She was fun. So such guarded attitude had at least dropped enough for the brownrider to safely climb the walls and make merry about the courtyard of her inner fortress. "In seriousness, I would like that. Should everything align right."

And why wouldn't it? Zyamel and Venandith were invincible, practically. She and Anakumath would be below and much less likely to fall from the sky....Marty would dare hope everything would go as smoothly as it could.

Uta

FARANTH'S FURIES
Martirae of Gold Anakumath
HP: 42/42
XP: +2 to base, +5 to distribute
Target Accuracy: +3
Flame Length: +2
General Stamina: +4
General Agility: +2
Between Accuracy: +3
Pain Resilience: +2
Instinct: +2
Luck: +3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:53 pm
C'lusi & blue Macuith - Trespassers - Second Wave
It wasn't fair, really, that he'd just found himself Nadry--and Macuith had found Menankith--for the two of them to be summoned. Yes, yes, there were drills, and propriety, and all of that... but it was Threadfall and who knew what would happen? His grip tightened on Nadry for just a moment--as if he might well refuse to let Z'tir call her away--but he would relent. "I suppose," he sighed. "Be safe up there! I love you!" He all but mimicked Menankith, on the off-hand they wouldn't have time to catch up a second time.

Likewise, Macuith turned to sulk as soon as his beloved brown was pulled away. I love you too--and if I must pine until we next are together than so I shall. There was humor within his words, but warm affection, and a promise of sincerity. He would sulk if he had to... and he would do it with style.

Thankfully, no sooner had Nadry and Menankith stepped away, than R'shahar and Viandarth appeared! Delighted by the exchange--though no less sorry for Nadry's absence--C'lusi turned his eager eyes up to R'shahar. He hadn't expected the man to lift him, especially as he wasn't terribly small--but he didn't object, and snaked an arm around the bronze rider's shoulders for support. "I'll simply have to give you two kisses--one from me, one from Nadry. Surely, you won't mind?" And leaning forward, he did so, with great passion.

If only the moment could last... if only Nadry could return. If only... Well, they would be all right. He'd taken damage enough for the both of them the last few Turns, right? Maybe everything would be smooth sailing.

Macuith, for his part, had no objections of being cuddled beneath Viandarth's bulk. The blue leaned in close, letting his wedge-shaped head nuzzle against the bronze's with fervor. His eyes whirled a bright purple, and he stood his wobbly ground. He may have lost his ability to strut as smoothly as he once did, but he liked to believe he wobbled with style. Most handsome darling! You just missed Menankith and he looked quite fetching in his riding leathers. But you... I shall be the envy of all to be so cuddled and adored.

No need to think of what would come. Duty called... but he would treasure every minute he got to spend with his brown and bronze loves.

Mr Cheri

Meepfur

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:20 pm
Riz & Bossuth ~ Harbingers

Although he knew that his sister loved adrenaline and was more than a little bit of a junkie in that regard, the tension of waiting even wore at Bossuth as much as it did his rider. There was certainly no amount of waiting for this to happen either, which was what had R'iz so frazzled as he prepared and fret over the safety of his dragon and the safety of his friends that would be fighting in different rotations.

Though both dragon and rider knew full well that Shar and Yulaniath would have been up there for the entire fall if their wings would hold out. Truly it was amazing given her stamina in droves that she stayed so true to orders.

Only you would relish the waiting to fight sister. His eyes danced blues and greens of joy and a bit of pride for her. He wished that he was half the dragon that Yulaniath was.

Goggles yanked down over his eyes in a crooked fashion, R'iz lifted them back up sheepishly, his gold eyes shining anxiously as he glanced at his best friend. A strange twinge in his chest made it feel like he'd placed a wire on something wrong and it popped out of place, but the redhead shoved that feeling down deep where it couldn't bother him for the moment. He had plenty of time to wrestle with himself and his self loathing later.

"I'm never ready, not after that first time. Waiting makes it worse, but it should be okay today. At least we aren't waiting as long as you have to, I'd chew my arms off." R'iz admitted and glanced over at his bronze as if wanting to check his straps once again in a futile fashion. "Can't make him any more prepared I guess. How about Yulaniath?"

SilverLutz

---

V'gar & Ngawanth ~ Trespassers

Tenderness was something that they'd learned over the past few turns, though the roughness of V'gar's entire person and personality made it a little hard, still things could be taught and learned with experience. Y'qua made them want to learn as much as they could with his actions and motions. Of course they loved him, how could they not? It was Y'qua.

Maybe that was what made it harder to watch him and his beautiful green (Thanks for the intrusive thought Ngwanth) fly off into the first half of a threadfall without them.

"Was gonna say something else afterwards but hot drinks sound fun too." V'gar pulled a playful pout which stretched the scars on the right side of their face into what almost looked like a crooked grin at the same time. The kiss on the cheek brought some seriousness back to their face and sectioned eyebrows tilted upwards. Their arms pulled Y'qua all the tighter for a moment. "Just come back, okay?"

Coiled watching the two weyrmates before her, Ngawanth absorbed her sister's response and sighed inwardly. There was nothing else she could do for it of course, but there it was.

Prism Shine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:51 pm
Oh, it's not just me, Yulan said sheepishly, knowing that there were others even in their clutchgroup that enjoyed the fight as much as she did. They enjoyed it for different reasons, though, and Yulaniath's was the joy and honor of fulfilling her duties to Pern. The fight itself was a challenge and admittedly a thrill, but what she truly desired was to come back home to see everything and everyone was safe and sound. Each strand of Thread was a potential death down on the ground so each one they destroyed was a life saved.

I only wish I could join you and everyone else for the full flight, she added, her tone slightly wistful. She had no qualms about her color, but she did ache for the ability to fly at least a little longer. She knew it would only ever be a dream, of course.

Shar grinned as R'iz fixed his goggles, the look on his face a nice change from the worried one that usually was fixed there before Threadfall. She knew he had many things in life to fret over and Thread was certainly a valid one, especially with how their first attempt had gone. Hopefully as they flew more he'd relax just a bit leading up to heading out as he grew more confident in his and Bossuth's abilities. She knew he was a good rider even if he struggled with that truth at times.

A snort left her as R'iz spoke and she was glad for Bossuth's shiny hide. Waiting for the second round would probably make her friend go crazy with anxiety so taking off at the start truly was the best for him.

"There's enough to do down here once you all go to keep us busy," she said with a little shrug. "The last half hour or so is the worst, though. Crawls by." Glancing back at Yulan, she gave her a quick once-over before nodding and turning her gaze back to R'iz.

"She's just about ready. Lanterns will go on later, do another check before it's time to go. But for now she's all set." Tilting her head just a bit, Shar glanced back and forth between R'iz's golden eyes, her own amber ones narrowing just a bit. She knew her friend had been through a lot recently and she hoped it wouldn't weigh heavily on his mind as he took to the skies.

"You'll be all right," she finally said. "Don't try to be a hero. You're more useful with you and Bossuth in one piece. Get back to the healers if anything happens, we need strong bronzes like him and sturdy riders like you to be in rotation as much as we can. All right?" Shar did care...she just showed it in different ways than most.

Hattaki

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:57 pm
Ce'rian of green Cythereath - Burning Aces - First Wave

HP: 19
Status Effect:
XP:
Target Accuracy: 2
Flame Length: 2
General Stamina: 2
Between Accuracy: 2
Pain Resilience: 2
Instinct: 2
Luck: 3

Ce'rian could hardly believe his green had made such a request of Dhremorath--but while he might have managed to steal a peek at Z'von, Z'tir was already giving orders to line up for inspection.

Thankfully, the green rider hadn't much left his original position, though it did take a great deal longer for Z'tir to make it to the greens. He half-held his breath as the man checked over his handy work, but there was little to be said this time. His Wingleader was a stern man--not that he minded. He wasn't obstinate about his position, and thus far, hadn't managed to fall out the sky yet.

Hopefully, he would continue such a trend.

Cythereath, for her part, couldn't help but continue to gaze at all the handsome, tasty, most-delicious of dragons surrounding her. Samodith was absent--still recuperating from another bad Fall--and the petite little Cythereath was only too happy to fill the void of resident darling while she could. Her little front paw still sported the scars of her first Blooding, and she wished nothing more than to ensure she returned triumphant. If she did get wounded, though, she hoped that she might at least elicit some suitors sympathy.

Oh Dhremorath! Surely, you and Yours have passed with flying colors. Perhaps Yours could spare that moment? Her eyes whirled a bright blue as she stretched her neck up so she might better catch the bronze's eye. Time was of the essence... and certainly, Hers deserved to be swept up.

All the while, Ce'rian had already begun to bridge the distance between them. Let Cythereath wait to be tended to--he was no damsel. Even if he still felt he shouldn't look as eager as he was. "Z'von! I..." He what? "Clear skies up there." Even if they both knew that would be far from the truth this day.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:37 pm
Olliah of gold Fianth - Queen's Wing - Both Waves
S'del of bronze Kindeth - Trespasser's Wing - Both Waves

It always felt like there was more to do... but with one last look-over of her flamethrower, the dark haired woman knew there was nothing left but to wait. D'mon would be calling all the wings to mount and assemble into position. Not that there was far to go. Most riders were with their dragons, or at least nearby giving loved ones, family, and friends their farewells.

Not that she blamed them.

No matter how well trained to fight, there was no guarantee any of them would make it to tomorrow. Her own hearts were as full of worry as Fianth's, though both rider and dragon did their best not to let it show. The best way to get through the fear was to take action--and she had checked and re-chekced everything that she could. The healers were all set up in their stations, Fianth was ready to support the fighters of the Weyr, and she was ready to support Fianth. She was just about to do a second-check in with some of the riders in the Queen's Wing when Be'ren approached.

He took her hand, and wove such silver-tongued poetry, she had no choice but to smile. It even elicited a croon from Fianth, who had lowered her head to regard the man with interest. While she had never been keen on bronze riders, he had proven himself to be less threatening than That One. And though she would have biasedly preferred Hers with a blue rider or someone of no consequence, Be'ren was proving to be... difficult to dislike and mistrust. In fact, the pale queen had all but given up on trying.

He made Hers happy--truly happy--and that would win her approval every time. So long as he didn't break her heart, she could not begrudge Silmarath's.

"Ah, my silver tongued Harper, I'm afraid a kiss might well be all I have." For she could not spare him her leathers, her dragon, or her equipment. No, indeed, such a thing would be impossible. "One token to carry you to Threadfall," and she leaned up to press her lips tenderly against his own. "And one token to return you to safely to me." Another kiss, more ardent than the first.

A promise--no matter how fragile--that he would return at all.

Queen's Wing
Olliah of gold Fianth
HP: 42
Status Effect:
XP:
Target Accuracy: 12
Flame Length: 7
General Stamina: 10
Between Accuracy: 7
Pain Resilience: 7
Instinct: 7
Luck: 11

Kindeth had been waiting for S'del to return... S'del, who had no doubt gone to to sweep A'ye off his feet. The large bronze did immediately perk up at the sight of his much-more-delicate mate. His eyes turned far more purple than blue, and he crooned as the other settled so easily against him. Immediately, the bronze placed a protective wing over the other--though there was little malice or threat to others behind the gesture. He just liked to have Silmarath close!

Silmarath! I'm quite ready and am only missing my rider. What of you? It will be good to save Pern once again-- I am not afraid. Of course he wouldn't be. He was too simple to think of everything that could go wrong. Instead, he could only focus on what would be going right, and right now, everything was fine. His was fine. Silmarath was fine. His wingmates were fine. Everyone was just fine. And they would be... like they always were.

Would there be pain and injury? Yes. But there would also be victory, and that was what mattered most.

Mr Cheri

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:23 am
Nimueh and Brown Mharlith- Trespassers Wing seconds.

Mharlith stood at the head of his gathering wingmates radiating waves of calm yet alert to all around him. The big brown also had a fairly comforting and warm aura to him.
Those from earth of the past would likely be reminded of an older large golden retriever. A bit of a goofball at times but when there was work to be done he was a reliable and steadying influence.

Both he and Nim had been up in thread a number of times over the turns and though the danger and the worry were ever present, experience helped settle the thundering Adrenalin. Nim ran her hands over her bond lovingly while she checked the last of the straps were secure for the 15th time that morning.

It gave time to let A'dras say his piece and offer support to their wing.
Nim had no big speech to make but once she was sure that she moved among the gathered of Trespassers wing gently checking in.

Nim always had a touch of motherliness about her. For one she had a slightly wider frame with full hips and tended to be a touch more feminine than the general crop of brown riders, wearing flowing skirts and her hair styled to just beyond shoulder length. Today she was in fully riding leathers with her hair pinned up but it didn't distract much from the over all air of nurturing.

Anyone that was particularly nervous or unsettled was encouraged and calmed. Anyone that needed help with straps or securing fire stone was offered it.

Mharlith took the chance to reach out to Bossuth. His child by forceful adoption.
Bossuth, you and R'iz Look after yourselves today. Nim apologies that she can't come and see you before we go but she is focused on the wing. But we will be sure to come and find you after. Stay safe.

All of Trespassers

Hattaki

Threadfall

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas