Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:27 am
_______________The Narrator Whispers... ||

The man sighed almost inaudibly, seeming to have hoped they wouldn't have anymore to say. But he had offered to answer questions and wouldn't rescind that. "My name is Cérophán Kigan. Or Céro, if you prefer. I am as human as you are. Take what you will from that." Although Xion had freely supplied her name, he appeared to bear little interest in asking for the other girl's. "We stand in what remains of Hi no Kuni, the Land of Fire in which, depending on when you are from, Konohagakure once lay. Or, for those of you from a later time, where Yougangakure still stands tall, although it is devoid of human life." Céro's face turned skyward as the sound of powerful, flapping wings swept a strong gust through the small clearing.

Above them, somehow nearly silent until that point--though Xion would have 'seen' it a little earlier, a large dragon-like creature slowly descended, flapping its massive wings as carefully as it could, given where they were. With practiced ease, it land just behind Céro, molten gaze boring into the two girls. Black scales that glimmered red in the light covered its body and a series of long horns decorated its skull. It bore no front legs, its wings serving in their stead, and stood upright on thick and muscular hind legs. A long whip-like tail ended in a barbed stinger that was more than likely even more dangerous than it looked. A worn leather saddle sat upon its back.

A deep growl emanated from somewhere deep in its chest, but Céro placed a hand on its side to calm it. "This is Erh, one of the many wyvern you may meet here, as they are the main method of transportation between basins. So long as you do not cross them, they likely will not harm you. Unfortunately, she is only large enough to carry two people, and I must get this man back to his home, or leaving this place would have been easier." That likely wasn't a satisfactory answer to their situation, since it seemed he was still going to make them travel underground to get to... somewhere instead of just having them wait there. Shaking his head, he continued. "Anyway, as for how you got here, I have not figured out how this curse works as of yet. It seems almost no one is waking where they were taken."

Solas Crua

HeadlessKoko

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:18 pm
User Image
                                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ M i y u k i F u j i m o t o
                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

n i n j u t s u | p e r f o r m e r | k i r i g a k u r e | e - r a n k | f e m a l e

c h a k r a215 // 215
    s t a m i n a 100 // 100

x" Hanasanai de | Gyutto te wo nigitteite | Anata to futari tsuzuku to itte "

Although he seemed rather begrudging about it, the masked man, Céro, as he introduced himself, answered the questions they provided him. In response to Xion's question about two hearts, he proclaimed to 'be human'--which unintentionally made Miyuki think about the meaning of it, since Jiongu had multiple. Did that mean that she wasn't? After all, she was forced to often do inhumane and grotesque things for the sake of survival, but so did some humans. What exactly made the line between human and monster was a concept that still evaded her. Enthralled by her own thoughts, Miyuki only half listened to Céro's response to her questions. They were in the Land of Fire, where Konohagakure or Yougangakure once lay. Both names rang a bell in her mind, so she wondered briefly if she had experienced both places. They were the same? Regardless, no one lived there anymore.

A powerful gust shook Miyuki fully from her wandering mind back to the present, and she looked with widening eyes to the massive creature that perched just behind Céro. Gaping slightly, she stared in awe at the shimmering red-black scales and its molten eyes while the masked man explained what it was. A wyvern apparently. And many lived in this land. They provided transport between basins, and were mostly friendly... well maybe not friendly but wouldn't attack us on sight. The one here was only large enough to carry him and the injured man back to wherever they were going, leaving Miyuki and Xion to fend for themselves in search of the cavern he mentioned.

Céro finished off his brief speech by explaining that he didn't know how the curse worked, and why it put the recently woken pair where they were. Miyuki jotted down everything that seemed important of the information they were given, just in case. She glanced at Xion, waiting in silence a moment to see if she had any more questions to ask before facing the man and his dragon-thing once more with a bow. "Thank you very much for your help. I don't have any more questions, and if my companion doesn't, we'll be on our way."

" Tsunaida sono te wa atatakakute | Yasashikatta "

HeadlessKoko
    Lanfaer
    Royal Taorito

Aritaryn

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:01 pm
User ImageHead turning this way and that, Xion appeared to be quite distracted. However, unlike her companion, she was soaking in every word Cero spoke. Even while she took in the vibrations that formed the picture of a wyvern in Xion's head, she was listening attentively. Xion moved in mysterious ways but her thoughts usually made sense... sort of... kind of...

Ever the same, there were more questions Xion wanted to hear the answers to. However, she understood that by no means was she in any position to hear such answers. She would need to trust in the winds of fate to achieve her long term goal. More immediately, she needed to live. Live and grow.

The best way to achieve those ends, or at least the most straightforward, was to agree with Miyuki. Xion bid farewell to Cero with a neat bow, "I don't have any questions. Thank you and take care." Then, she turned to Miyuki and requested with an outstretched hand, "May we hold hands?".

100/100

Lanfaer

Solas Crua

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:05 am
Céro nodded absently, his attention no longer on the pair now that they were focused on leaving. "I wish the two of you luck, then," he said softly before turning away and kneeling once more beside the injured man. With some amount of effort, he heft the man to his feet and then helped him onto the back of the wyvern, who had crouched down for easier access. Climbing onto its back as well, he patted its neck and then tapped its sides with his heels. In a great gust of wind, the dragon-like creature took off again. Two flaps of its wings took it above the trees, and a third launched it into the distance with a sound akin to an explosion. Just like that, they were gone.

Solas Crua

HeadlessKoko

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Aritaryn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:18 am
User Image
                                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ M i y u k i F u j i m o t o
                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

n i n j u t s u | p e r f o r m e r | k i r i g a k u r e | e - r a n k | f e m a l e

c h a k r a215 // 215
    s t a m i n a 100 // 100

x" Hanasanai de | Gyutto te wo nigitteite | Anata to futari tsuzuku to itte "

Neither of the pair had further questions, so Céro wished them luck and, after loading his companion onto the dragon, they were gone in a gust of wind. Briefly blinded by the strong breeze, Miyuki ducked down at the sound of an explosion, fearing for a moment the flapping of its mighty wings had set off the fruits Céro was talking about. But no burst of heat, aside from the already scorching air, followed, and she carefully opened her eyes once more. The two of them were left alone in a forest made of metal trees with little clue of where they actually were. Oh, and her companion was blind, so it seemed Miyuki would have to focus and take responsibility. At least she was somewhat sane compared to 'Cheetos'.

Xion spoke, asking if she could hold Miyuki's hand and, at first, Miyuki hesitated. Carrying that man had already worn down her nerves against her fear, and now she had to touch someone else. It wasn't that she didn't want to help Xion, and it wasn't like it was a fear of germs or something. Actually she couldn't explain the fear, and couldn't remember where it had come from. At the same time, she didn't want to be rude. It's just a hand, she reasoned with herself. It's for a good cause. Grimacing slightly because Xion couldn't see it, Miyuki gingerly took the outstretched hand. "Ah... sure."

She wasn't used to being the leader of anything. Her wandering feet got her in trouble enough to make sure that never happened. Of all things, that was one thing she could remember. While they had been given directions, Miyuki didn't realize for a moment she was expected to start off their journey. It made sense because her companion was blind, but she ended up just staring dumbly at the pale-haired girl for a long few seconds before realizing she was in fact the leader for the moment needed to make a decision. "Well, I suppose we should find this cave he mentioned, right?" A nervous grin that, again, Xion couldn't see. "And some water." Even without the sun beating down on them, the air was incredibly hot. It was only a matter of time before the pair of them would start to dehydrate. Since she wasn't focused on it, her grip on Xion's hand became a bit more confident, and Miyuki gently tugged to let the girl know she was moving. With a quick glance around to get her bearings, she started off southward.

" Tsunaida sono te wa atatakakute | Yasashikatta "

HeadlessKoko
    Lanfaer
    Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:14 pm
User ImageXion simply smiled and nodded. She complied with Miyuki's tug and followed after without a word. If it was water she needed to keep a figurative "eye" out for, then silence would be ideal.

Exit to The Ash Sea|| Valley of the End
100/100

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

magcookie

Sarcastic Heckler

8,925 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:17 pm
User Image

Liliya Yuliovna Volkov ll Mystic ll Doton :: Suiton ll Former Priestess :: E-Rank ll Shōton

Fear was a powerful force able to sunder even the strongest country or birth victory in the impoverished serfs. It was a power that the small framed cat knew all too well, liking to think she was one such victory born from fear. She had her own place in the world, and a family she loved dearly. But now she was on the losing side of fear, having been torn asunder from her own life now thrown into a hell on earth. Everything that remained around her looked like it had been the aftermath of a great battle survival. As she looked back she realized no one was following her and if they were they were doing a good job of hiding. Fear was beginning to fade from her mind. Her ears no longer stood at attention and her pupils widened back into a sphere. However her legs burned as she neared her goal. The closer she got to the forest haven the less of a haven it appeared to be. She was hoping for a nice green forest full of plant life to hide within. Not a forest made of metal, threatening to slice her skin at the mere touch. Her left leg was the first one give out, her body no longer being fueled by adrenaline she couldn't ignore the weariness any longer. She ran for what felt like a week, more likely to assume if had been hours at the least. She rolled against the ground until she made a complete stop mere inches from the forest boundary. "Freedom." She weakly cheered, unable to speak more than a word with how hard her lungs were working just to maintain oxygen flow. Sweat poured from her skin as she stared at the metallic substance standing proud just in front of her.

Her weary eyes layed focus on the crystals that seemed to be birthed from beneath these structures. Like fire itself was being imprisoned with in them. Gingerly she reached out with her hand, fingers gently pressing against the glass like surface before tearing it back. A burning sensation radiated from her finger tips. Sighing in defeat she let her heaving body just lay in place as she tried to collect herself. 'Everything has gone so wrong... The spirits are so hard to understand and my crystals? They couldn't even reproduce fast enough to protect myself...' She thought somberly recalling how small an area she was able to crystallize, 'And whats more I feel so weak again! I earned my right to be able to run freely again! Why does it feel like my muscles belong to that frail child!?' Her thought process ended as she began lifting her body off the ground, feline eyes gazing down at her body for the firs time. This was not the body she had when she went to bed the previous night, this was not the body she honed over years of sweat and tears... She was a nothing but a scared teenager again. Curling her small hands into fists she lifted her frame off of the incredibly hard ground before dusting her priestess outfit off. She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath letting her mind empty as much as possible while her ears strained to hear anything from the winds. Nothing but the tainted agony she had heard earlier existed on them. Letting the breath free from her lungs she began moving forward into the menacing forest. She was moving quickly but not running full blast again, she had no idea which of the metal structures had the capacity of slicing her open and bleeding her dry after all.

[-20 stamina for dodge last post]

Chakra Pool:: [100 //100]
Stamina Pool:: [070 //100]

Quote "Second is the door of forgetting. Some wounds are too deep to heal, or too deep to heal quickly. In addition, many memories are simply painful, and there is no healing to be done. The saying 'time heals all wounds' is false. Time heals most wounds. The rest are hidden behind this door.” :: Patrick Rothfuss

Liliya's Theme NieR: Automata - Weight of the World

Lanfaer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:28 pm
User ImageUser Image

"Oooooh you can dance. You can dance oh! Havin' the time of my liiiiiife. Oooooooooh watch that ******** how'd that song go again?" Anyone watching from a distance would see a flaming red trail scorching through the forest of metal. This red trail would also be singing very loudly. "I SEE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!" The boy shouted after the neko girl. She was fast but compared to her he was the feline when it came to speed. A life of running made him that way. Suddenly he felt something odd with his body. "Ah s**t what?" It seemed as if the cookie he had eaten earlier had lasting effects on his body. He had turned back into the beast from before. "Ah s**t you gotta be ******** kidding me!" Chet cussed while running. It wouldn't take long before he caught up to the girl and was running beside her. But until he actually made it she would hear his yelling. "I'm sorry to interrupt your inner monologue you probably have several questions about the world we're in and the changes to your body and yeah I know that's fine but you really ******** up!"

Dopy Grimes

Aged Millionaire

4,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200

magcookie

Sarcastic Heckler

8,925 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:53 pm
User Image

Liliya Yuliovna Volkov ll Mystic ll Doton :: Suiton ll Former Priestess :: E-Rank ll Shōton

Her relax ears stood back at attention as the sound of foot of loud oaf like footsteps started echoing through the metallic forest followed by a loud obnoxious voice telling her that shes been seen. Her heart jumped while her hairs began standing on end while her eyes began squeezing back into her feral slits. 'Run run run run.' Was her singular thought as her body began lowering closer to the ground to increase her speed. If she was still running with her own thoughts they would probably be filled with questions. How did this hoodlum manage to track her across such a desolate terrain when he wasn't behind her until recently? How did he know she didn't just go in the opposite direction? How was fire erupting from his feet? How did the 12 mile run not at all tire him out in the least? Why was she even bothering to escape at this point when fate decided it was gonna cuck her? All valid questions she could have had if there wasn't a lunatic nipping at her heels. The kid began cussing as he caught up to her, before trying to tell her she had ******** up. How she being kidnapped was her ******** up was beyond her, if anything this very insinuation that she was at all in the wrong for existing began filling her chest with hate for the cocky little s**t. The boy was now a large hulking bear of a man, somehow. However all she saw when she looked over at her aggressor was a black void of danger. A brain made mess of fears melded together. Her face began scrunching up as her flight or flight choice was slammed into fight by this brute terrorizing her. A low hissing could be heard as she drew her short sword, swiping at her now large a** target before dipping between the trees surrounding them. Metal twigs dug into her flesh as she sprinted through the brush. Slicing clean through her boots as she kept her eyes on her foe rather than her safety.

Chakra Pool:: [100 //100]

Quote "Second is the door of forgetting. Some wounds are too deep to heal, or too deep to heal quickly. In addition, many memories are simply painful, and there is no healing to be done. The saying 'time heals all wounds' is false. Time heals most wounds. The rest are hidden behind this door.” :: Patrick Rothfuss

malavaes

Lanfaer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:07 pm
tab When last Chet was here he was the only of three who decided to charge forward atop a boat of gravy towards an insectoid terror. When others told him to stop he continued, and he came to a clash with the creatures shortly after. He avoided them, fled when sanity crept into his skull, but while he fled the insectoids remained.
tab They weren't fond of their prey getting away. And now, dinner had decided to make a return visit.
tab Would Chet notice how the shadows cast here darkened? How they echoed with pulses as the sounds of screeches began again? Would he notice the iron trees humming with renewed life? Would he see the jellies burns with an internal fire as their lives were stoked by the power within the shadows?
tab Perhaps he, and the girl, would notice when some sort of creature that resembled a human torso split down the middle into a gaping maw, with insectoid legs scrabbling about, came screaming out of a shadow to attack Chet.

magcookie

malavaes

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Dopy Grimes

Aged Millionaire

4,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:38 pm
magcookie

User ImageUser Image

Chet frowned as he watched the girl disappear into the metal wilderness. It appeared the girl had some fight in her after waking up from a coma of 200+ years but that's none of this narrators business. "True that. When I woke up I had to shoot a ********' hoolah dancer to live. Wild." Hopefully one day, Chet would realize that the individual he shot and that he considers 'the hoolah dancer' was actually trying to protect him Xion and the other individual whose name escapes me. "Well s**t now what the ******** am I supposed to do? I ain't gettin' ******** up over no cat lady- oh s**t what the ******** was that?" Chet interrupted himself when that familiar tingle went down his spine. The same feeling from before. The feeling of dread and death. The feeling that something wanted him and not for survival purposes. Not like a lioness hunting for her young. It was malignant. It was something that reveled in pain and suffering. It's existence being the very same. "Ah, s**t man it's that ********' zombie bug thing again!" People ask me. !@#!@$#! your narration has gone down a little bit in quality over the past couple of weeks. In the beginning, there was an interesting dynamic between your long and descriptive narrative with Chet's short and abrasive dialogue. But please comprehend how maddening it is to pour your heart out into detail only for it to be smashed by this idiot's lunacy. "Words hurt, b***h."

The creature from before flew towards Chet but this time the boy was prepared. "b***h!" He shouted aiming his arbalest at the monster and releasing it directly at it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:34 pm
User Image

Liliya felt sick to her stomach as caught a glimpse of what was truly lurking in the phantasmal woods, a being that looked like it could have came out of the a twisted childs nightmares... or a rather mean narrator. Just one more thing that was wrong with where she was. Adding it to the list her hissing stopped as she rested the handle of her shortword in her mouth and lowered her torso even lower. Using her hands to pull herself forward as she ran she slowly began increasing her momentum. The brute had more important things to take care of at the moment so she was going to use the opportunity to gain some distance. She still hadn't recovered from her mad dash to the woods so she was quickly running out of energy the more she moved at her full speed. The sound of a string making a loud twang sound echoed through the metal. 'Right right, a*****e has a crossbow.' She thought while getting herself lost deeper and deeper into the woods. She had no real idea where she was going, no idea where she could go to run from someone who was a god tier tracker. Feline eyes spotted a small gathering of trees having grown intertwined. Stopping her body from pulling forward she slowly skidded to a halt before twisting on her heel and diving into the small gap of space provided by the trees, using it to hide. 'Faster faster!.' She thought as she began forming crystals over the gap she huddled into. With a hand sign she began spreading chakra into the metal around her, creating a small cocoon by using the minerals readily available thanks to the metallic substance. With any luck anyone walking by the tree would just assume it was more crystals growing from the fauna naturally. Much like the flame crystals. She breathed heavily while she curled her body into a small ball, trying her best to ignore the cutting pain of wounds decorating her legs and hands. Metal is a b***h.

[-20 chakra to form crystals]
[ooc: forgot to subtract chakra]

Chakra Pool:: [80 //100]

malavaes
Lanfaer

magcookie

Sarcastic Heckler

8,925 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Punk Patrol 250

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:21 pm
tab The bolt caught the creature right in the head, pausing its momentum through the air just enough that Chet would be able to step out of its away. The body would jerk back and screech a gargled howl as black blood spewed from the wound like a fountain head, falling to the earth in a heap and thrashing about for some sort of purchase, perhaps to stand. Yet in the end it might well prove for naught as the shadows continued to him, the screaming of the creature drawing more of its brethren out from the shadows they called their home. In fact, if Chet looked closely, he might well see something within those shadows that wouldn't sit well with his stomach. That, or the single minded bloodthirst these things exuded was the origin of the sensation. Difficult to tell, really.
tab That isn't to say that he was the only target, of course.
tab The crystals that hid the cat lady were quite the choice of defense, but so, too, did it put her in danger. The light from the red jellie-like structures produced enough ambient light to see by, but only as much as a candle would. It cast long shadows, shadows that hummed and whispered at the corner of her eyes. Her little alcove against this thicken allowed some movement, and given the facets the crystals had it was always possible she was imagining them, the light refracting sporadically thanks to this strange light.
tab It might also be something...else....

magcookie

malavaes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:37 pm
magcookie

User ImageUser Image

Chet didn't cheer at the downed creature. He knew very well from before that the monster wouldn't be alone and wouldn't stay down for too long. Last time he had an ally to aid him against them and even then the battle wasn't in his favor. No matter how idiotic the boy was in most situations he now had to give pause and consider that going further for the Neko was suicide. It infuriated him to go back empty-handed. "s**t s**t s**t!" He cursed as the monster roared for its kin to follow. "Listen here, kid! I ever see you again I'm gonna ********' use your spine as a god damn fly swatter! Good ********' luck out here." He shouted before turning around to head back to the dojo. He looked carefully at his surroundings before dashing away. The flames from his shoes leaving a trail behind him.

Dopy Grimes

Aged Millionaire

4,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:59 am
tab As Chet blazed his trail into the distance, as the thundering of his feet resonated off of the metal trees, his narrator might notice a sudden [+50 Exp!] box appear above Chet's head, along with a sudden victory theme begin playing inside his head. Perhaps this was the watching gods' way of saying "congratulations on not dying!" in a twisted display of a reward. However his feet are swift, his spirit strong, and the fire he leaves in his wake smolders mightily as Chet retreats into the distance, towards his mighty fortress.
tab That however leaves the cat alone, who lay within her crystal home which even now began to hum. Yet as Chet's insanity traveled into the distance and she remained as quite as a mouse the creatures in the shadows sampled her scent, and found her wanting. In the darkness red eyes turned away from her direction, looking instead towards that which feeds them: greed. They turn and the shadows once more becomes shadows alone, no portals to a place that echoes with voices that know no mercy nor love nor positive emotion at all. Instead the world becomes warm, the cold seeping from her bones, and once more the Hellwrought Forest becomes silent.
tab For the moment, at least.

magcookie

malavaes

________ Well of Brilliance ► Ancient Ruins

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out