Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shattered Past: Rise of the Lost

Back to Guilds

A Story of Personal Conquest and Rediscovery 

Tags: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Magic, Stats, Literate 

Reply [金] The Iron Nationals [金] ► Tsukihara Region
鉄 Ikeinasu :: Hallowed Path [T/O] [Entrance] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:21 pm
User Image________________________________________Jean Coppelio Gogh
XXXX Male • Medium • 5'8" • 131 lbs
                                                                  Just prior to Shea leaving to put on his clothes, Jean had managed to squeeze in a short description of ryo. "Ryo is what we call money. 200 Ryo is about... Hm... Well, I would sell a basic set of winter clothes like what we are wearing for about 35 ryo." After giving just a basic definition, Jean turned back to the mole man, fully intending to continue with the talk of business. He seemed rather impassive to the whole emotional side of this exchange.

Looking back at the mole man was... difficult, but significantly easier. It was partly that Jean had gotten used to it, but partly also that he now had seen proof that the mole man could operate professionally. That was generally a plus in Jean's books. Still, Jean "looking back" really only meant staring at a spot in the snow right above the disfigured face. It took all of his concentration to simply do this much while thinking about how to approach a trade with the information just given to him. As a result, he missed the sound of the crash.

The conditions were that he could barter but that Jean would need to state both what he would give and receive. The wording struck him as slightly strange, but all in all, it was what he had expected to do. Considering the mysterious nature of the mole man himself not knowing his own goods, Jean felt the pressure to ensure that the trade was fair, which wasn't something he had a problem with.

Part of the deal included yet another offering of memories. Having seen Shea go through the process without much alarm, Jean obliged the mole man. Though, he insisted the hand and not the tongue. Eyebrows creased in disgust, Jean recalled the two memories requested.

The first was a memory of the first time he recognized his name. For Jean, that would have been in a very white room, propped up on a very white doctor's chair. A woman's, his mother's, face hovering in front of his as she calls his name along with other tests. Jean's mind isn't fully functioning, recognizing (and later remembering) cues like his name, but having no emotions or reactions.

The second requested memory was the first time he had felt warmth. When was this? Jean wasn't sure, himself. He had vague recollections of the life he had been created from, filled with the heat of vicious fights for survival, but could those be considered his own memories? Within his own life, though, his first recollections was so insignificant. It had been just like his name, the first time he recognized the cue "warmth" was without understanding what it meant or holding any feelings towards it. Thinking hard on it now, he figured it was a hand of some sort. At that time, he did not even know how to express that he felt the warmth. This was before, though Jean did not know how long before, he recognized his name. Mother had not been testing his sensory receptors at the time. She had just been working on bringing him fully into life as a "human."

Whatever path the bartering took, Jean had finished his business by the time Shea returned. He organized his new items while Shea spoke to the mole man. Though, the image that the mole man drew Jean's ever appraising eye. It was a work of art. Not particularly emotionally so, but the details that lent to its realism certainly received Jean's silent praise. Jean scrutinized the floating image, partly out of curiosity for the answer and partly to simply further appreciate the reproduction. "There's no snow?". The answer Jean gave was too obvious to be right, but that was all that was different to him.

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:20 am
User Image
                                      tab Shea Fal'nevan
                                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx What is this [ someday? ] xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                      tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab And frozen in the footsteps untaken, we stand side by side. What is it really, but a tomorrow or today?
                                      tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab And frozen in the footsteps untaken, we stand side by side.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

[x] I watched in fascination as the man with the now awake mole on his face withdrew colorful sand from his pocket. A sharp exhalation caused it to billow out from his hand--which confused me a bit because I was expecting it to just fall to the ground. But then it became a smoke-like cloud that twisted and turned, shaping itself, I realized, into the small village where we stood. It had no snow, unlike the world around us, but what caught my attention was the single blob that rose into the air, forming into the familiar orb I knew was a moon. I waited a moment to see if any more would join it, but the Kokoro asked what I saw missing, and I knew the image before me was finished.

Beside me, Jean mentioned the lack of snow, and while he wasn't technically wrong, as the model had none, perhaps he couldn't see the same thing I could.

I hadn't even considered looking at the sky. After all, it had been cloudy until then. But the sun had peeked its way from behind the clouds as the dreariness dispersed. "Heh..." The small laugh escaped me before I could stop it. I took a step back, my gaze turning skyward in search of confirmation of what I was seeing. The sun was starting to get low in the sky, meaning evening was approaching. I could faintly see the one moon that the merchant had shown me, ready to take over when night fell. But that was it. No other moons decorated the sky. Not the Warring Siblings or the Silent Seven. I felt my heart racing in my chest, threatening to push me into a panic. So I wasn't anywhere close to home. Maybe... I was somehow on the other side of the world? I had been there before.

I think...

Again the pain when I tried to recall of the glimpse of memory I had. And that wasn't helping my situation. I pressed a hand to my head, trying to make sense of everything. After all, being on the other side of the world shouldn't stop my yuunin from working. But then, I was younger than I had been when I discovered all of those abilities. I only had the ability to manipulate plants, but even that wouldn't work. It used to be so effortless, so why wouldn't it work now?

Finally, I took a deep, shuddering breath and let my hand fall back to my side, forcing my panic back. I turned my eyes back to the image and the merchant. I couldn't force the smile I was hoping for to tough out the situation and deal with it later so I chose instead to ask some of the questions that plagued my mind. "Where are we? I... I know 'Land of Iron', but where is that?" My gaze turned up again, just to make sure I hadn't imagined the sight before. Apparently, unfortunately, I hadn't. "And... why is there only one moon? It's even one I don't recognize..."

tab .CHAKRA : 100 / 100 .STAMINA : 100 / 100 .STATUS : None
                                      tab .EXP : 500 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : None .THOUGHTS : "What's going on?"
                                      ▀▀▀Suddenly I'm running slowly. Suddenly it all goes dark.

HeadlessKoko
                                      Lanfaer

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:16 am
User Image

S I X T E E N C O U R A G E O U S W A R R I O R
K a i l e e r C e i n ' l y s
All I'm seeing is grey, and all I know is I've been dragged down again.
D - R A N K O A T H K E E P E R - B L O O D L I N E H A K E M O T O

I won't linger no more, I've been too long in my storm. I'll rise up and embrace the silence, and let peace find me again.

[He's still much further up the path so don't worry about this post.]

[x] I remained off the main road until the city behind us was well out of view, at which point I took to the path only for the fact that traversing the brush down a mountain was about as difficult as it sounded. While mountains were something I was used to, a combination of unfamiliarity, the snow, and my growing exhaustion from running was starting to wear down on me. The steps leading down still weren't particularly helpful, but the pain in my joints was fading away at last as they were forced to work properly again. Which meant my pace picked up slightly too, although not so much that Fiorzia couldn't keep up.

The road had several stops, 'levels' of old and abandoned buildings and shrines that grew smaller the farther we got from the city. And more than once I spotted movement that split us off course again, retreating to the safety of the trees. Still there weren't as many as I might have thought, in a land that was supposed to be overrun with demons. That was worrisome at the same time, because it suggested they were distracted by something else. I had no interest in finding out what 'something else' was, not yet anyway.

After a certain distance, once we had passed a couple of the small settlements, I slowed down, taking the opportunity to really evaluate myself. Perhaps it was a brief amnesia or just the lack of time to think about it, but now more of the techniques I once knew had returned to me. Not nearly as much as I would have liked, but enough that I could properly defend myself and, more importantly, my charge. My muscles had atrophied from the strength I had, but that could be worked on. At least I felt I could wield a sword with some semblance of skill again.

"Unfortunately," I said quietly, after making sure the coast was clear, "Iron is one of the places I never got to know much of. While I lived in Kumo, it never gave the other countries trouble--"

Movement out of the corner of my eye cut off my words and, pulling Fiorzia close once more, I ducked behind a wide tree, waiting a moment for whatever it was to pass. But when I heard nothing, I carefully glanced back out to the path to find exactly that. Nothing. I sighed in frustration, and let go of the slyph. Either it was my imagination or the thing had run. Given how high strung everything had been since I woke, the former wouldn't have surprised me. "Heh... better safe than sorry, right?" I felt some strange cross of embarrassed and justified in my action. And that bothered me.

I needed some rest. That was the conclusion I came to. The shadows were starting to get long, meaning it was only a matter of time before the sun set. I had no idea how long it had been since I broke free of the crystal, or even really how long we'd been travelling now. It could have been minutes, it could have been hours. But being on high alert the whole time, I wasn't sure how much longer I could go.

Ahead, the path turned abruptly, curving around the mountain into what looked like another plateau where we had passed buildings previously. But this one, for whatever reason, was shrouded in darkness. Almost like a barrier that sat between us and the small gathering of houses. I couldn't see through it at all. "I don't like that in the least," I muttered, grip tightening on the hilt of my blade. The strange wall came all the way up to the cliff along the path, so going forward on the road was impossible unless I wanted to see what lay beyond. A part of me wanted to to see what I was up against. But the other part of me want to make sure Fiorzia was safe before I tried anything reckless. I opted for following around the edge of the barrier in hopes of avoiding whatever was on the other side completely.

I've stopped running, I'm not hurting. I have my mind made up.

Counter | 20 / 200

Active Effects:

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
• Escape

Items of Note:

Lanfaer

tab .CHAKRA : 250 / 250 .STAMINA : 315 / 315 .TRANCE : 10 / 10
                                          tab .EXP : 575 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : Shoulder & Hip Pain [ 20 / 20 ] .STATUS : None

Artwork and character © Royal Taorito.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:13 pm
_______________The Mole Sleeps... ||
tab Just as Shea turned he would see the Kokoro's eyes alight with the memories he'd tasted from Jean, but the moment of the light passed as his questions reached the old man's ears. Shaking his head slightly, the mole slapping around from the rapidness of the swings, he raised a finger as if to make an important note and ignored the incredibly dizzy and off-put mole that was swaying about it confusion upon his face. "You are both right, but here, it is the moons that are most important," he began, his expression sorrowful. Clasping hands behind his back and ignoring the paunch that now stuck out further than it had before the merchant continued. "Wherever you're from, it isn't here. This here be Earth, and it only has one moon. Wherever you come from you have nine, and from your appearance you may not be human, either. Though you could also be a weird sort of An Teaglach, but that's unlikely." Turning to Jean, he continued. "You're going to need to help him. This place isn't his. I doubt he even knows what Chakra is, really."

_______________The Ice Weeps... ||
tab One. Two. Three strikes, and the grass ignites. Or, rather, you assume it does given there is flame, but is the flame supposed to be green? Hard to say, but the fire lights and catches nicely, with the grass blackening only at the edges while the rest maintains the warm, cooking brown color of something trying its best to burst into flame but failing miserably to do so. Ah, well, that's how life is. The ice around you immediately catches the heat and radiates it back at you, somehow almost immediately raising the temperature of the room by twenty degrees at least. Enough that just breathing didn't threaten the lungs anymore!

_______________The Wind Reeks... ||
tab Fiorzia reaches out and takes your arm with a gentle touch, her expression worried. She gestures towards the darkness with all five fingers on one hand splayed wide before turning it palm up and slowly bringing the fingers into a caged arrangement. She gestures between the two of you, and then holds up two fingers before pointing them down and moving them like walking legs. She pantomimes walking in a circle, and gestures to the left, the farthest side of the dark wall. Gesturing towards the barrier she points to herself, inhales, and holds out her palm to blow across it at the barrier, a look of determination clear upon her face. From the swelling at her throat it's clear she was avoiding using your voice, no matter how much of it is left, due to the harsh nature it had. Still, she looks ready to move, to take action. But will you understand?
tab She eyes you up and down before looking towards the barrier, clearly trying to think of the best answer to this situation. How to best tell you what she wants to do.
tab

Royal Taorito

HeadlessKoko

Im the Girl one

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:08 pm
User Image

I won't linger no more, I've been too long in my storm. I'll rise up and embrace the silence, and let peace find me again.

[x] As I made a move to follow the dark barrier, I felt a gentle touch on my arm. Turning back, I found Fiorzia watching me worriedly, and I half wondered if she sensed my exhaustion. Shifting my weight, I pressed my thumb into my left shoulder in an effort to help with the discomfort there that seemed to have no intention of leaving and watched as she made several gestures toward the barrier. Her hands formed a sort of cage, and then she depicted walking, followed by a point to herself and blowing across her hand at the black wall. She... wanted to walk around the barrier? No, she wanted me to go around, and she was... going to do something with the barrier. That was about all I gathered from the attempt at communication. But regardless of what she had intended, the answer was going to be 'no'. I would have rather avoided whatever was beyond it altogether.

I suppose in the end though there wasn't much I could do to stop her from trying whatever she had planned. Forcing her to follow was immoral in itself, and while I wanted to protect her, it was an extended favor that she was in no way obliged to accept. Letting my hand fall back to my side, I shook my head, brow furrowing. "I'd rather you didn't risk yourself," I replied quietly, so as not to draw attention. Gesturing for her to follow, I made sure she had before turning fully away. "Throwing yourself in the way of danger isn't going to help when we should be able to get by unnoticed."

Evidently, though, taking my eyes off her was the wrong choice, and she had no intention of heeding my warning. Although she was incredibly light, her feet still tapped softly against the ground in the silence. The only other sounds came from my own breathing and my equipment, as well as a gentle but cold breeze somewhere above. The sound of her footsteps was missing, which was the first clue to tell me she had run off. I whirled back the way I'd come in time to see the sylph slip through the barrier. Why did she think I wouldn't notice? More importantly, why was she so insistent on going inside? We couldn't see through the wall, and, while there was no guarantee, I had the feeling whatever lay beyond couldn't see us either. We could have gotten by without an issue. There had to be something else behind what she was thinking.

Swearing under my breath, I ran after her, keeping low to avoid getting spotted, or, more importantly, to soften the blow if for some reason the bubble repelled me. Thankfully, I passed through without issue, but wasn't quite prepared for what lay on the other side.

The gathering of buildings wasn't much different than the previous ones I had passed: a small village on a plateau leading up to the city. But what threw me off was that all the color had been inverted, destroying my depth perception while I tried to make heads or tails of the place. What should have been black was white, the snow beneath my feet had turned black, and most color lay in the realm of blue or purple in tone. Even then, everything seemed to have a... wobble to it, a distortion. All noise that echoed through the area reached my ears warped, almost demonically. At the center of it all stood five creatures that eerily reminded me of unpleasant memories. More specifically what became of Wan, and everything that happened after. The ogres, as far as I could tell, had yet to notice me.

Squinting slightly as I tried to make objects apart from each other, I searched frantically for Fiorzia. She couldn't have gone too far. I regretted not flat out denying her the choice of wandering off. I needed to stop her before the monsters I'd had every intention of avoiding spotted us.

Counter | 21 / 200

Active Effects:
• 'Old' Injuries [ 1/20 ]
Physical speed is reduced by a half [.5] rank due to pain in left shoulder and hip from injuries carried over before age reversal.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
• Find somewhere safe

Items of Note:

Lanfaer

tab .CHAKRA : 250 / 250 .STAMINA : 315 / 315 .TRANCE : 10 / 10
                                          tab .EXP : 575 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : Shoulder & Hip Pain .STATUS : None

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:42 am
User Image
                                      tab Shea Fal'nevan
                                      tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab And frozen in the footsteps untaken, we stand side by side. What is it really, but a tomorrow or today?
                                      tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab And frozen in the footsteps untaken, we stand side by side.

[x] I took the information the merchant gave me with careful consideration, trying to think the situation through rather than immediately panic. Panicking never ended well. He said I was in... on 'Earth'. The only context I really had for the word, which I assumed was somehow translated for me from whatever language they spoke was in relation to the ground and dirt. The element that was control by Terrus. But he proclaimed it as a title, which meant it was either a country or, worse, a different plane altogether. I would have said the Sourceplane of Terrus but somehow I doubted it. I'd seen Her plane before... I think. Regardless, like he said, the important part was that there was only one moon, so it again stood at either I was on the other side of the world where they had only one, or I was a very long way from home.

I glanced back at the moleman at the mention of not being 'human'. Was that a culture? A race? He spoke of it as though I was the only one who wasn't, of Jean and I anyway. Jean looked like a do'vra, so maybe that's what a 'human' referred to. That aside, up until this point most words were understandable to some extent, but now they were mentioning several I didn't recognized. The merchant said that I might be a sort of 'An Teaglach' and that I likely didn't know what 'Chakra' was. At least he was right about that. "I'm a Beastling," I answered quietly when Jean said nothing, and then tried again. "A Melhrothir?" I wasn't sure why I knew the word, and didn't think much on it at the risk of that awful pain again, but maybe they would understand it. I gestured to my antlers, tugging on them gently. "Uh... we're like do'v-- humans? But with animal features because.... I don't actually know why." Rubbing the back of my neck, I clamped my mouth shut before I made the situation more confusing than it already was.

My mind was racing, and my heart pounded just about as fast as it. It was making me feel lightheaded as I swallowed the welling fear. It felt almost irrational. I'd been far away from home before. But the twelve-year-old me had never set foot more than one hundred yards from the city walls. So maybe that's where it was coming from. I shuddered, and dropped my gaze, my grip tightening on my blanket. "Sorry, this is hard to understand. Well... no, I get what you're saying, but I... don't?" I took a step back and, muttering another "Sorry...", I turned and hurried away to give myself a chance to think. Maybe if I could see a bit more of the world I was to call home for now, it would help me calm down.

tab .EXP : 500 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : None .THOUGHTS : "Where am I?"

HeadlessKoko
                                      Lanfaer

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Im the Girl one
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

10,325 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:12 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                                          • tab A gasp is followed by a high pitch ‘ooh’ sound as Mi-jin stared in awe at the flames. It was a vibrant green glow and when she raised her hands to the flames Mi-jin sigh at the warmth. She missed this feeling of finally being warm that Mi-jin lingers in front of the flames before a thought reminded her to grab that jacket and trouser from the living quarters. A soft ‘sigh’ left her pale lips as she grabbed the bundle of clothes and left it near the flames. ‘This is going to take all night.’ Mi-jin thought to herself. “Waa to do before then,” Mi-jin mumbled to herself as she didn’t want to leave the fire burning by itself. What if she accidentally set the whole house on fire? Yet, she was hungry and the yellow snow from earlier wasn’t helping her.

tab The moon will watch over me.

tab Mi-jin decided to leave her worries with the moon. The kitchen door was thrown open and the sky was quickly becoming dark. The cold hit her face and Mi-jin felt like dying. “Why izzit so cold!” Mi-jin asked the sky, but nothing answer her back. If it did, she couldn’t hear it yet. Mi-jin didn’t dare step too far out of the doorway instead kneeling down to eat the snow off the ground. It wasn’t as delicious as the ‘yellow’ snow, but the white one did leave her belly full. The only problem was that she needed to pee now.

tab “Aaah, ‘ere the bathroom?” Mi-jin groans as she grips the bottom of her dress and squeezes her legs shut tightly together. Walking around to the corner of the house, Mi-jin didn’t think anyone was watching her as she squatted. As soon as she did, Mi-jin gasps in wonder. “SO THAT HOW YOU MAKE YELLOW SNOW!”

User ImageLocation: Frozen home

Company: no one

Stamina: 100

Charkra: 100

Ooc:

Backpack:
                    Currently on her back
                    •One Person Tent
                    •Blanket
                    •bedroll
                    •Mess kit
                    •Soap
                    •Twine(50meter)
                    •Fishing hook (1x)
                    •Whetstone(durabaility 0.3)(1x)
                    •clay gourd

Satchel, medium
                    Currently on her side
                    •Trench knife(x2)(durabiity 30)
                    •10 Senbon(x2)(duarability 30)
                    •Flint and steel
                    •Skinning knife
                    •Sliver glitter 'mystic' ball

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:29 pm
_______________The Mole Sleeps... ||
tab The Kokoro watches Shea go with a mix of sorrow and understanding. How he could was possibly confusing in and of itself, and the mole reacted with a single, giant, anime tear that slid down its side before vanishing entirely. He shook his head, turning back to Jean instead, watching for a reaction before speaking again. "I'll give you a weapon for him, to show him how to live. I'll offer my own fighting suggestions, limited though they are, in exchange for another memory. I don't care which one in this case, for I care more for helping a homeless child than my own pockets." Suddenly his mole stood erect as if shocked, and he glared at it as his skin mottled blue. "Oh, shut it, you! I can be sympathetic, and if you tell anyone else I will cut you free!"

tab The water from the clothes hisses as it splashes against the fire below, their frozen exteriors quickly thawing in the strange fires. This is the only sound as you make your own water, discovering to your absolute joy that yellow snow is in fact made by your bodily excretions. As some god somewhere gags the sound of steps crunching through the snow lazily comes to your ears from somewhere close by, something that steps every few seconds. The clouded sky obscures much, and the wood beyond more so, but whatever it is is coming from those woods instead of up the grand stareway further up.

tab The female Sylph catches your eye rather quickly as you scan about, mostly due to the fact that she's somehow more...solid. Gone is the translucence to be replaced by a brilliant warm cyan which positively glows with an internal light. Each step she takes leaves a glowing print that rapidly fades, marking every step with a clarity that little else bears. As she walks the Ogres turn from a fire that had been laid between them, a bonfire that looks to have roast spits leaning against it to cook...something.
tab Something that glows in a shape similar to Fiorzia.
tab The Slyph, who had until this moment been rather certain of herself, faltered in her steps until she comes completely to a standstill. Eyes widening at the sight before her she shakes her head slowly, mouthing words that here echo like the wind. The Ogres turn their gazes upon her, all three red in skin and black of soul. Each carries a falchion upon their hip, and all three look at each other before nodding their horned heads in unison. The closest looked back to her and began to speak in a voice that resounds like a drum, a voice that bears with it the mental image of someone beating someone bloody. How this could be possible was difficult to say, but it was true nonetheless. As it finished speaking in the slow, rhythmic tone, it licked its lips and heaved itself tall.
tab As tall as Wanryoku, before his final growth spurt.
tab A fat belly protrudes from its body, and as you watch it quivers as if in anticipation. Yet a moment later you see something within its stomach move, pressing against the insides. The skin stretches out in places before returning down, and a moment of silence and stillness follows before something else is pressed against the inside.
tab A face.

Royal Taorito

HeadlessKoko

Im the Girl one

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:29 pm
                                                                  Jean had been quiet because of... Jean reasons. Probably something to do with carefully considering his next words in the face of this unfamiliar situation where he was talking with a mole man and an alien. This sounded like one of those cringy reruns of those sci-fi conspiracy theory episodes.

Alas, Jean had thought for too long because the alien had gone and ran away... without spending his credit either. Although, by this point, Jean figured it would actually be in the deer alien's best interests if he were to handle his finances for the time being. He had wanted to avoid it but... A merchant was fair. He wouldn't dare do something as ugly as take advantage of Shea's vulnerability, even if he was a deer.

Talking about Shea's finances, the mole man was talking about him. Staring pointedly above his head where Jean did not have to look at the offending mole, he considered the deal. Directly, he received nothing out of it. Indirectly, he did need someone who could fight, and while a terrifying deer, Shea had stuck with him this long.

"Deal." Jean held out his hand, and like previously, he knit his brows in concentration. What memory would be of equal value to the ability to fight? A memory of a battlefield? Though, in truth, it was a memory of a memory. The only battlefield Jean had ever encountered was the battlefield of the workshop. There, that could be it. One of the many memories Jean had of crafting. This one was a blade, an ornamental straight sword in the Chinese style upon which Jean was in the process of engraving with leaves and branches in an almost Celtic pattern. The blade of the sword had been finished, the intertwining metallic representation of nature polished and shined. Upon the center of the blade on both sides, sandwiched between the geometry, were elegant letters. Though, they blurred as Jean failed to remember what exactly was written. The hilt, on the other hand, was being worked upon. Jean's hands and tendrils carefully shaped the heated metal with tools while it was still malleable, requiring many more returns to the fire to reheat the shape before it was complete. With each minute bend and twist, the intended designs became clearer until Jean stopped putting the metal back into the fire and began working upon it exclusively with his tendrils, using their near microscopic widths to fill the hilt with even more details. He could recall what he had done, but not how he had done it, and as such, it felt like a stranger looking at someone else's hands at work. Nevertheless, he recalled the memory with relish until it reached the point when a voice called for him in the memory. It was the same voice that had called his name, and it had an effect on the Jean in the memories, causing him to immediately stop what he was doing and respond in kind. It was at that point, that end of the crafting work, that Jean's memories ended.

Once the memory ends, Jean wastes no time in freeing his hand of the mole man's grasp. Though, he appears to be getting used to the inhumanly ugly presence as the grimace upon his face is no longer as severe.

Assuming that, once again, the mole man is momentarily dazed by Jean's memories, mundane as they were, Jean takes advantage of the pause to step back into the house and gather the scrolls Shea had found. Blood. Oni. These were bloodline techniques, Jean was sure of it, and Shea appeared to hold no familiarity with them. Assuming that the alien had only encountered minimal change in his travel between worlds, which was still a bizarre and otherworldly idea to Jean, then these were scrolls that were likely of little use to the deer boy.

Jean brought these, he believed, excess scrolls outside to the mole man. Pain crossed the beautiful man's expression as he looked over the... er... piece of work, but he spoke through the urge to vomit to arrange business, "I would also like to spend the rest of Shea's ryo on 10 squares of chakra paper to identify his element, a portable cooking set or at least a pot of some sort, and food. Anything that can keep, will give him the proper nutrition, and isn't meat will be fine." That was the ryo spent. Next were the scrolls, which he held up and spoke of clearly. "These are Shea's scrolls: Oni and Saiketsu techniques. In addition, I'll offer my remaining Saiketsu technique. I'd like to exchange them for E-rank techniques of the five elements and genjutsu. If possible, the manipulation techniques for each element will be ideal. If you need more of my memories, then just say the word. I will oblige."

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:38 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                                          • tab Mi-jin was listening closely and checking her surroundings as she was in her most vulnerable. Yet she was still fascinated at what her body can create. No way the sandy oasis would have allowed her to make her own food with just a little body waste. A quick wiggle of her hips, Mi-jin was pulling up her undergarment as she froze.

tab Crunch. Crunch.

tab Mi-jin froze as the sound of approaching footsteps in the snow caught her ears. She paused as she stares wide-eye into the distance. “Moon please keep watch over me.” Mi-jin quickly prayed to herself as she pulled up her undergarment and pulled down her dress. Mi-jin is unfamiliar of this land and she rather not be caught with her pants down if whatever approaching was a danger to herself.

tab ‘It could be an animal.’ Mi-jin tried to reason. Her faith has protected her and guided her thus far, but she couldn’t always rely on the moon. She must be able to stand on her own two feet sometimes. Yet, the door was not to far from where she stood. When an idea occurs to her, what if she took her yellow snow and balled it up into a round ball. When whatever come out she can throw it at it. Animal and people like food, she just made some. So it was nice and fresh! She could call this technique a snow ball. It was genius.

tab Kneeling down, Mi-jin kept her ear trained on the sound to see if it was still approaching and scooped the cold yellow slush. Her fingers clumsily tried to form it to a round sphere as the situation intensified.

User ImageLocation: Outsider the Frozen home

Company: no one

Stamina: 100

Charkra: 100

Ooc:

Backpack:
                    Currently on her back
                    •One Person Tent
                    •Blanket
                    •bedroll
                    •Mess kit
                    •Soap
                    •Twine(50meter)
                    •Fishing hook (1x)
                    •Whetstone(durabaility 0.3)(1x)
                    •clay gourd

Satchel, medium
                    Currently on her side
                    •Trench knife(x2)(durabiity 30)
                    •10 Senbon(x2)(duarability 30)
                    •Flint and steel
                    •Skinning knife
                    •Sliver glitter 'mystic' ball

Im the Girl one
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

10,325 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:16 am
_______________The Mole Screams... ||
tab Stroking his mole despite its attempts to dodge and avoid it, the Kokoro stared at Jean, deep in thought. As the mole gave in and just accepted fate he nodded sagely and reached towards on of the shelves with his free hand and took down a single thin book that appeared out of nowhere. The vision hadn't lasted long, but it was potent, so potent that the flesh around his eyes had returned to an azure color! Turning with the book he gestured to a shelf beside Jean's head, and continued. "You'll find the paper and pot there. Just reach into the writhing chaos, grasp whatever you find, and pull it out. It'll be the stacks of paper and set, as you have requested. As for the scrolls, I'll take those. This book will have the scrolls you desire, as well as ten spaces for more techniques if you so desire to record them."
tab

tab The darkness was almost complete where you stand, with the tree line not far off. Yet as you watch something does in fact began to show. It is white, stunningly so, and as it approaches with a growl you can tell what it is: a fox. A big fox! As large as a German Shepard, the fox has eyes that glow a brilliant cyan, with ears that bear tufted tips and a mouth filled with razor fangs. It slinks forward, clearly upset at your presence, but for the moment it does not attack. What might worry you, if you notice, would be that your vision suddenly is a bit fuzzy at the sides, as if someone were filling your vision with white noise.

HeadlessKoko

Im the Girl one

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:11 pm
User Image

[x] My gaze settled on Fiorzia simply for the fact that she glowed in an otherwise muted world, her skin glowing pale blue. Here, wherever that was, she had a solid form, rather than the semi-translucent one I was familiar with. She left behind similar tracks as she moved toward the ogres. Unfortunately, that glow also meant our monster friends saw her as well. As they turned, I readied myself to strike should they make a move. I highly doubted they were going to pass up something entering their territory, and I wasn't about to just let them attack her. But the sylph faltered and stopped in her tracks, and it wasn't until the ogre moved that I realized why.

Stuck on a spit over their fire was, I could only guess, another of Fiorzia's kind, given the way it glowed. I could understand her hesitation, because I felt it too, but purely for the fact my blood was suddenly burning white hot. My hesitation only came from the sheer effort it took not to lose control of my anger. It was the level of red anger I had been worried about experiencing, since I hadn't dealt with it in years. I physically shook in suppressed fury, forced to hold my blade in both hands in an attempt to keep it steady. Then the face pressed against the b*****d's stomach and I snapped.

Thankfully, even the enraged part of me knew not to play it stupid. Skirting around the building that blocked me from their vision, I aimed to come up behind them. Silent, but with enough speed that anything I hit with the weapon was going to hurt. Preferably worse. Once the first of them was within range of my weapon, I swept the sword across what should have been tendons in the back of its thighs, ideally hamstringing it. Using the same momentum, I spun away from the first target and, taking my blade in both hands once more, I brought it over my head and swung downward, aiming to cleave into the next enemy's shoulder--or back, if the shoulder was too high.

From there, I jumped back in preparation for the retaliation I was certain was coming, putting a decent amount of distance between myself and the beasts. Though given their size, they could probably close that space with minimal effort. As the initial blinding rage calmed slightly, I realized what I'd done was putting me in a bad position, especially since the extent of my abilities was still untested, but it was too late to worry about that. Regardless, I wasn't going to stand aside while these things just devoured the sylphs. "Oi, over here, bastards!"

Counter | 22 / 200

Active Effects:
• 'Old' Injuries [ 2/20 ]
Physical speed is reduced by a half [.5] rank due to pain in left shoulder and hip from injuries carried over before age reversal.

Techniques Used:
• D-rank unnamed slash (Hamstring)
• D-rank unnamed cleave (Shoulder)

Current Objectives:
Find somewhere safe
• Defeat ogres and save sprites

Items of Note:

Lanfaer

tab .CHAKRA : 250 / 250 .STAMINA : 295 / 315 (-20) .TRANCE : 10 / 10
                                          tab .EXP : 575 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : Shoulder & Hip Pain .STATUS : None

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:58 am
User Image
                                      tab Shea Fal'nevan

[x] I didn't stop until the houses were well out of view. Which was a bit on the difficult site, since this place was experiencing winter and had little to no undergrowth. My tracks in the snow were obvious to follow, if anyone decided to, assuming a snowstorm didn't start up out of nowhere. The sky was clear, after all. Though, I honestly didn't know if anyone would follow. I half expected Jean to take his chance to leave while I wasn't around.

Of all things, it wasn't really fear behind the panic that gripped me, though I guess it had its own part to play. It was the thought of being so far away from home and from my mother--no, wait, she was gone. She passed away and I was left at the whim of my father. And, well, most days he didn't acknowledge my existence. So maybe it wasn't so bad to be gone from home. The pit of sorrow in my gut came from the thought of being alone. I knew no one and nothing there. The plants, the sky, the animals, they were all different. My friends, or what was left of them, since my memory was so hazy, were who knew where. Everything was a jumble of information that would take a while to process, and even then I wasn't so sure how to handle it.

Shivering, I turned in a slow circle to get a better idea of where I'd ended up. The place was mountainous, a gradual slope up the side of one of those mountains leading, well, somewhere. I'd spotted a path leading up and down on my way out of the small village. That also left for plenty of rocky outcrops and overhangs that could provide at least a little shelter from the slight but bitter wind. But, of course, everything was wet, so a fire was pretty much out of the question. Breathing out a heavy breath, which was accompanied by a cloud of steam, I turned my gaze to the sky once more, something I had actively avoided doing to prevent more stress.

It was starting to get darker, and with it the moon shown brighter and stars began to emerge. There were no stars on the planes, so I definitely wasn't on any of them. Besides which, there was snow, making Terrus impossible, and there was more than ice, making Freus impossible. The nine moons at home often blocked out most stars with their light, so it was a different experience seeing what the sky here was slowly revealing. They certainly weren't my stars.

And of course the other biggest indicator I wasn't in my world was the fact I couldn't feel yuunin, not in the air or within.

I decided it best to take shelter at least for a little while before I headed back. I wasn't ready to face the possibility I'd been left completely alone. So, for the moment, I took shelter under a nearby overhang that faced away from the wind.

The Kokoro had mentioned 'Chakra', and the way he spoke of it made me think that maybe that was their source of magic here. If it was, it definitely didn't feel the same. To the extent I couldn't feel it at all. But maybe I could find it on my own, so that at the very least I wouldn't feel so... disconnected. Stretching my senses around me did little good. Closing my eyes, I focuses on sound and smell instead of sight. Birds, small rodents, and larger animals alike were all active around this time of day, and I could hear movement in the distance from all of them. But the grass, the shrubs, the trees... I couldn't even sense their presence in the close distance they were to me. Beastlngs were known for their connection to nature, and, here, that connection couldn't be made. Not through normal means anyway.

So instead I focused on myself, pulling senses in. There was no magic, or very little of it, in the world around. This place wasn't built by it, wasn't dependent on it. That told me, from what I could remember, it probably came from within. It was there I needed to look, but I didn't want to risk not paying attention to my surroundings. I had no idea what dangers might exist, after all. Tucking my legs to my chest, I waited for a while to calm down instead.

tab .EXP : 500 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : None .THOUGHTS : "Where am I?"

HeadlessKoko
                                      Lanfaer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:20 pm
tab The world blurred as Kaileer rushed forward, and his first strike struck faster than the brutes could respond. Down the ogre went as it screamed in pain and confusion. The second pivoted as Kaileer rushed him, but its bulk was so vast that the second failed to dodge. Instead the creature reached up and swiped at the sword, attempting to snare Kaileer in a grip he narrowly avoided. Instead the creature over corrected and spun away, its voice bugling as it fell in rage into a roll along the ground. The third, the only one not attacked turned with rage and roared, reaching up its hands to grasp a pair of tusks that stuck out from its mouth. Unleashing a second roar it hauled down on the tusks, stretching out its jaw to inhuman proportions as the rage built. Its body, covered in scars and battle wounds aplenty, reached out and snagged one of the spits and brandished the cooked sylph as a weapon.
tab This didn't sit well with Fiorzia.
tab She screamed. It wasn't Kaileer's voice, nor any voice that would fit the feminine figure that came forth. Dual toned between high pitch and low, the scream burst forth from her and caused the air to ripple with its passing as cyan waves. The waves touched the fallen fades as they fought to stand, and suddenly the wounds that had not bled were suddenly spilling forth a brilliant pink liquid. With the scream her colors turned...faded. Darkened. And it was spreading from her feet upwards, a darkness that took the colors of her body and filled them with a color that bespoke fury. Where once there was no air the wind began to howl, and somewhere nearby the sky rumbled, white clouds racing by as something began to happen.

Royal Taorito

HeadlessKoko

Im the Girl one

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:08 pm
                                                                  As per the deal, Jean handed the scrolls to the mole man in exchange for the book of E-rank elemental ninjutsu techniques. Then he followed instructions, reaching into the shelf besides his head with both hands. At first, he wasn't sure how he was supposed to find anything in these... bizarre sensations surrounding his hand. However, once his hands felt something solidly solid--it was weird and hard to describe, okay--he knew to grasp and pull it out. When it came out, as promised, he saw the pots and the stack of chakra paper.

If he recalled correctly, and Jean was sure he had, there was still the weapon, weapon style, and food to be retrieved/answered.

Of course, he knew full well that the value of what he had just received was rather... Well, not luxurious, but at the same time, invaluable in its own way given the current predicament he was in. While he was still unable to look the mole man in the eye without feeling a rather disgusting urge to barf, he did feel gratitude for the merchant's timely arrival. "The pot, techniques, and paper are all in order," was about the closest he could get to expressing that gratitude, though.

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

[金] The Iron Nationals [金] ► Tsukihara Region

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas