Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Historical & Archived Events
=>[BOOTH] Dance Dance Communication! [OPEN FOR RP] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Green Minuet rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:03 pm
      Ⅱ Autumn Vikare

This time Autumn was determined to get it right. She read the signs multiple times, imitating the gestures displayed, and committed them to memory. Those bees would understand her if it took her all night.

An hour later she flopped down on the ground, too annoyed to care if she was dirty. “Caterpal, you do it,” she huffed.  
nepsah generated a random number between 1 and 4 ... 2!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:35 pm

dundundunnn its rollover time!! delayed because i fell asleep whoops

DraconicFeline

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
High roll ticket goes to Psykgi!

Green Minuet

Something about that dejected response was just too funny

and the last ticket will be rng'd between...

1. quiet delegation
  2. purplerosesbeauty
  3. saihen
  4. Micillia

purplerosesbeauty

a ticket has mysteriously made its way into Poe's poesession!

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

quiet delegation rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

quiet delegation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:17 am
This was the worst.

After a decent performance at the talent agency, Kaldru was certain he had what it took to impress or... at least communicate with the bees. He had to. He'd seen others succeed, and he'd nearly gotten it before ... He waved a hello to Apibom, though he was far more interested in the diagram than, for once, talking to anyone. The little blueblood squinted at it, staring at it intensely for several minutes as though doing so would divulge its secrets to him; he would be the guru of buzzbeasts. He was going to tell them the greatest of legends, he was going to relay his life's story to them, he was - he was at least going to get them to take a simple command!

"I'm gonna do it," he announced to Apibom, finally. "I'm gonna talk to the bees."

The highblood practically stomped into the 'bee-rena', though he did calm his determined steps so as to not accidentally stomp on them. He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath as he visualized the diagram; Kaldru extended his arms, then began to hop slowly in a circle. With each successive hop, he tilted his backside, wiggling one way then the other in a rather ridiculous looking motion. He looped around, curling over his path and determinedly working up to nearly shaking his whole body. He was going to talk to these bees. He was going to communicate with them properly. He--

Nothing.

As he finished, he waited, only to very gradually realize they were ignoring him. He rested his hands on his hips, waiting a bit longer, then let out a most frustrated shriek of "ARGH!" before stomping back out towards the main booth.

"I can't do it! They're ignoring me!" he pointedly whined at his friend, looking nigh on to the point of tears by then. "I did everything it says! They won't even look at me!"

nepsah
lmao ayy we should do a 'teaching kaldru bee dance' prp sometime because holy s**t he sucks at it LOL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:41 am

Kaldru was back! How exciting. Api was sure that he was going to do a good job this time, no doubt about it! A loud sound down the boardwalk caught their attention, causing them to miss most of Kaldru's dance- when they looked back they felt their stomach drop. The bees were... ignoring him. Really?! Poor Kaldru was so upset by it- they definitely had to remedy this. Honestly, how could they just ignore him? He wasn't even doing a bad job! Was he going to cry? Oh no, Api could not handle him crying.

"Oh dear... I'm sorry Kaldru! I don't- um, I don't think it was you," they shook their head hurriedly. "I think um- they're not quite awake yet..! That's it. Here, your dance was really good, it'd be a shame if you didn't get somethin'." They picked up one of the honey jars on their booth table and held it out for Kaldru to take. "Its the least I can do! I'll make sure to give them a stern talkin' to for ignoring you."

quiet delegation
omg we should. bee dance lessons ahoyyyyy! we can set it up after bfest?

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

quiet delegation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:52 am
There was a long, for Kaldru anyway, pause, but at length the blueblood did seem to relax. The offering of honey, which he'd grown to adore, calmed him ouf of his near-tears state, and he took it with a sullen pout and a wipe of the eyes. He turned that pout towards Apibom before sighing softly at them.

"They were real rude!" he complained, unhappily. "I don't even think most of 'em looked at me at all. Um ... it's okay though, I know it wasn't your fault. But that dancing stuff is really hard, so not even getting a look..."

He huffed, then hugged the jar as though to comfort himself before turning to wander off for another booth.

"I'll ... maybe I'll try again tomorrow, I dunno. I'll see y'around though, Api!"

nepsah
yes! that sounds great~

i secretly hope i keep rolling low for him |D lmao

Micillia rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:55 am
Chiara Moteku
6-10 --> You did your best and a few of them seemed to get it. They spent the next five minutes dancing among themselves to translate to the others. It didn't go well.

Chiara, as nosy, overbearing, and a pain in the a** as ever, hovered over the dance booth. "Apibom!" Chiara yelled as they just gave away important information. "You cant just give that away! This little kid needs something, the least he could do is to pay for it!" Chiara tried to calm down. This was a perfect opportunity for beetles, and they was letting it get away. This yellowblood needed her. "Hey! Kid!" Chiara yelled after the blueblood. "Lessons! Only 25 beetles! A steal right?? Sure you could get the free lesson, but just a bit of a tip and this here kid will teach you the truly good stuff!" Chiara then tried to do the silly bee dance communication. It didn't go well, but thats why she was so good at this, improv. "See that? Thats all youll get with the free lesson,"

quiet delegation

nepsah

Micillia

Dapper Duck

purplerosesbeauty rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:14 am
Poe returned to the dancing booth, ready to show off his moves to these bees. He shook and danced, wiggling his legs and arms like the diagrams, when he stumbled. The greenblood flushed green, remembering Mahmud saying he thought about him shaking his butt at some bees. He was sort of doing that, wasn't he? But it was just silly stuff! His fumbling at the dance made it hard for the bees to translate, and the few that understood him had to relay it to the others. Oops...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:14 pm

"I know..! It will be okay though, I'm sure of it." Api nodded, hoping that their encouragement would keep Kaldru from getting too discouraged. "Yes, please do come try again tomorrow, I'll be waiting-- oh..!" Api had meant to wave Kaldru goodbye, but Chiara's sudden yell of their name caught them by surprised. The little yellowblood jumped a good few inches off the ground and turned to look at her with wide eyes. Did they do something wrong??

"O-oh, uh, I'm sorry..!" They hadn't even thought about that! Chiara sure was smart- honestly, who would've thought to charge for bee dancing lessons...? Still, it felt kind of weird to make a... friend... pay for lessons. Kaldru was a friend, they supposed. As close to a friend as they typically got, anyway.

quiet delegation

Micillia

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Taki-di rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

Taki-di

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:30 pm
Quote:
6-10 --> You did your best and a few of them seemed to get it. They spent the next five minutes dancing among themselves to translate to the others. It didn't go well.

Nictor Sabbat

On break from his own booth, Nictor went wondering again at the encouragement from Bee. See what all was at the festival and go check out the other booths!

Then again, some of the other festival goers seemed to be checking him out like prime cuts of meat at the grocery store. He'd gotten past is fear of abrupt onset cannibalism from trolls in crowds for the most part, but he could feel their eyes on him like, trailing over his spine like sharp needles tracing down, looking for just the right spot to stab that would paralyze him. He shivered, trying to dispel the feeling, and hurried along.

Hearing a familiar tone of buzzing gave Nictor pause. It wasn't the same no. The buzz Nictor knew was deep and loud, the kind that resonated in his bones. This was like a tickle in his ears, the sounds of hundreds of wings layered on top of each other, a mass chittering in cohesion rather than one giant entity. Still, that was definite the sound of a buzzbeast.

Nictor curiously approached, taking in the setup with intent. and there, behind the counter, was a familiar little yellowblood. It was one of the kids who'd been frequenting his booth! He'd never met another troll with a buzzbeast lusus before, but he was sure the kid would be raised well given circumstances. wow an entire swarm of lusii? What a strange idea, having more than one guardian. Nictor did know how traditional hives worked though,a cohesive single unit, a smooth machine that ran on nectar and honey. So, what was the game here?

A dance huh? Nictor glanced over the diagrams, not thinking too much about them other than the directions he was supposed to give. He and Bee preferred hums and chitters, given Bees size made it hard to dance anywhere but in wide open spaces. That didn't mean Nictor didn't know the song and dance though.

It would seem that his accent was a little thick though. The dialect of a giant buzzbeast was less subtle, more broad motions with small complimentary motions, not the tighter turns and curves of a normal sized swarm. It was like they could understand bits and pieces, recognize that it was the same language on some level, but they ways they spoke it were incompatible and almost incomprehensible. the syntax was all switched around.

A few of the swarm got it and tried translating to the rest, but the conversation took a turn to slow questions on dialects being exchanged and nothing was particularly achieved other than an interesting, if long, chat.

Blasphemoose rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:41 pm
Calida had failed and failed each time she had come to her friend's booth, not this time! She was determined to do it right. She practiced after her booth closed down for the night and at home until she got it. Now she was going to give it a try.

It was slightly difficult as some of the moves that were used for directions resembled moves her lusus did when she was feeling flirty. Bird language and bee language were so different that it really boggled the young trolls mind. BUT SHE GOT IT!!! They understood! Once Calida was done and she realized that they understood her she jumped up and down in sheer joy.

"I did it! I really did it! They listened!!" she giggled and was happy to accept the candles and honey  

Blasphemoose

Sugary Trash

18,300 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Egg Collector 100
Green Minuet rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:40 pm
      Ⅱ Autumn Vikare

Tonight, Autumn kept her dance moves short and simple. If she could even reach one of the buzzbeasts... Staring into the swarm, Autumn picked her target. Her brows furrowed. “Look at me...” she murmured. Her wings gave two sharp flats, then stood still and erect on her back. The buzzbeast zeroed in on her. Pushing herself off the ground, she got up on her right toes and spun. Then she dipped back down and swept her hand in front of her. To her delight, the buzzbeast mirrored the motion. Well, that was a start!  
nepsah generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:24 pm

dundundunnn its rollover time!!

saihen

High roll ticket goes to Calida! You did it!!!

Taki-di

oh the joys of bee dialect... Nictor receives a ticket for his amusing predicament!

and the last ticket will be rng'd between...

1. quiet delegation
  2. Micillia
  3. purplerosesbeauty

Sadly I couldn't include Green Minuet as your post wasn't filled out when I rolled over ! ; u ;

Micillia

Some bees have dropped a ticket on Chiara's head... how peculiar!

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

DraconicFeline rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:32 am
Psykgi Mentha

Psykgi didn't bring many roaches with her this time, but it appeared that just dancing on her own did the trick. Sort of. Perhaps the drone bees were used to her by now - what had Api meant by 'not all there?' She should ask her lusus, but she felt like Ma'am wouldn't understand the concept. After all, she was not a queen-type lusus. There was no central entity controlling the hivemind, just a collective of many roaches, all adding their tiny thoughts together to make up one whole entity.

Did that mean that each drone bee was like an individual roach? That would make sense - individuals of Ma'am were not really very much on their own... Hmm. She had places to get to, but she took a bobblehead as a reminder of certain interesting philosophical insect thoughts she wanted to contemplate...  
Micillia rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:33 pm
Static Charge
11-15 --> It took a while, but you managed to communicate where to go!

Today Static was focused. He knew what he wanted to convey, and boy was he gonna get that message through! Static jumped to the right, jumped to the left, wiggled his spongeclot, and turned in a circle, jumping up and doing a 360. It was a little... embellished, but it managed to work!  

Micillia

Dapper Duck

Green Minuet rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:46 pm
      Ⅱ Autumn Vikare

Autumn perched on the roof of the booth, watching some of the other contestants. Even with Apibom's advice, she had not mastered the art of bee dancing. So clearly the best way to improve her performance was to learn from those who had. Dropping down onto her belly, Autumn swung her legs back and forth in alternating motions.

“I don't get it, Cat,” she said, as she watched a rough looking blueblood successfully direct the bees. “What am I doing wrong?” She glanced over at her lusus to read his reply. To her dismay, she saw that he had resumed attempting to burrow in through the top of the booth. He had become obsessed with tunnelling in and stealing some of the honey.

Picking up a pinecone, Autumn pelted it at him. “Quit it!”  
Historical & Archived Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces