Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 01 SDRP Academy
SDRP Academy General Discussion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tunes14

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:55 pm
stressed POKE THE TEACHER TIME!!

Ivaylo_Sai
gonk

twisted poke...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:23 pm
Hiacinth

Trance Harper

Kitsuneko Suzuki

Lady Mae Lou

Tunes14

Gandering Fool

Zero the Seraph

Paranormal Teddy

RapscalliantJackalope

DaisyxBaby

Mugentsuki

Thornwick

I--LiveWire--I

LeviaEthel

Gracielle Grace

goddess_of_the_night13

Edsbigsister

SpyFoxy

Goldine

Dumpling-San

L`Tisha

Shade264

KiIIerWarrior

shuyin_fair87

Chi Sohma

Kitsune Shi no Shi

hoobaap

princessxXxmaeray

Ivaylo_Sai

Lacy Rose the Cake

Akira.S

Gash the shadow ripper

Dokuro Togiretogire

Watervoir

What's up, everbody?

I'm not allowed to make announcements anymore (because you set one stupid assistant on fire and nobody ever forgets about it), so I went through the finger-numbing effort of calling you all by name! I perused the guild roster and found everyone that's been active fairly recently. I just wanted to say hello, say thanks for taking the time to drop in every once in a while, and then ask you to drop in a little oncer in a whiler. Come say hi to me and let's have a chat, because I would like to get to know all of you a little better. Now that I have a little more free time away from my military life, I'd like to get my finger back on the pulse of the guild and find out what you all want (hint: wizards).

The dust has really been settling around here and I'm not particularly pleased about it. I want to get you all together, ask you about your hobbies, and then get some feedback about making a great big roleplay for everybody (I promise there will be wizards). They say enough monkeys in a room banging on enough typewriters will eventually recreate the works of Shakespeare. I figure, I'm at least two monkeys smart. Some of you are gonna have to be at least five monkeys smart so we can pull Watervoir along with us, but we'll figure that out as we go.

I think I hear someone coming, so I'm going to get out of here. (If anyone asks you about me, tell them you're pretty sure you saw me hiding in the bushes again.)

Sincerely,
-Not Roy, Literally Anyone Other than Him

Roy T Inane

Newbie Noob

Thornwick

Crew

Fashionable Lunatic

21,050 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:31 pm
Roy T Inane

I've been summoned! That makes for a nice, little change from the stresses of item questing.

Hello, I'm Thornwick. My hobbies include: reading, writing, and drawing. If there's anything else, just ask.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:31 pm
Uh.... hi.
Um... I didn't know I was active recently. Well, alright.
Uh... I'm Paranormal Teddy.
Feel free to call me Teddy... I guess.
Honestly I'm not that into wizards... but they're not bad I guess, so... yeah.
I'm probably three-seven monkeys smart... on a scale of one to ten. One to five I'm probably 2-3. But hey... don't make fun of me.
My favorite number is seven. Don't judge.
Uh... that's all I have right now... sort of have a project to be working on...

Bearanormal

Otherworldly Bear

17,150 Points
  • First Fall 15
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

Roy T Inane

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:35 pm
Thornwick

Hi, Thornwick! What a coincidence that you happened to wander right in without any sort of person making an announcement! who would do that

What sort of reading are you into? Fiction, non-fiction? I like to write, too, but I almost never have enough time for it anymore. Let me see some of your drawings so that I can be envious of you!

Paranormal Teddy

Some people a little more recently than others, all of them within the last month or so.

Jeez, seven monkeys smart, you're basically a prodigy. And hey, lots of people like the number seven. Personally I'm more partial to 2, but that's just me.

Let me know how your project is coming next time you get some free time, I loooooooove projects!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:44 pm
Roy T Inane

Some people a little more recently than others, all of them within the last month or so.

Jeez, seven monkeys smart, you're basically a prodigy. And hey, lots of people like the number seven. Personally I'm more partial to 2, but that's just me.

Let me know how your project is coming next time you get some free time, I loooooooove projects!

We're making a board game for our school project... pretty boring.
Well, it's probably only boring because I'm just typing it. We're making punishment cards... which is like different ways to die in the region.
Oh, or getting killed by your killer (Slenderman, The Crooked Man, Jeff the Killer, or Elsa)
Eh, I meant on a scale of 10... so not that much ^^"

I forgot to mention the triceratops. How could I forget the triceratops. They are amazing.

Bearanormal

Otherworldly Bear

17,150 Points
  • First Fall 15
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

Roy T Inane

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:47 pm
Paranormal Teddy

Man, that sounds awesome. I love board games. I dunno if I could make one, but yours sounds pretty interesting so far.

It's funny that you mention triceratops, I was actually playing a board game very recently and I guessed "triceratops" as a joke before we had even started our challenge and that was totally the answer, haha. so yeah, they're pretty sweet in my book.

Anyway, tell me more about this board game. What are these punishment cards?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:51 pm
Roy T Inane

I am no monkey ;p

Trance Harper

Sparkly Fairy

Bearanormal

Otherworldly Bear

17,150 Points
  • First Fall 15
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:54 pm
Roy T Inane
Paranormal Teddy

Man, that sounds awesome. I love board games. I dunno if I could make one, but yours sounds pretty interesting so far.

It's funny that you mention triceratops, I was actually playing a board game very recently and I guessed "triceratops" as a joke before we had even started our challenge and that was totally the answer, haha. so yeah, they're pretty sweet in my book.

Anyway, tell me more about this board game. What are these punishment cards?

Triceratops is power.

Hm... well, there it's a math board game, so you have to answer math questions.. and we don't have it completely figured out yet (or rather, I don't. My group's pretty much got it down, I'm just a bit confused. But I can tell you what I can, if you want.

Basically, the punishment cards are for... if you land on punishment spaces or get the problem wrong (I think). They're things like... go back _ amount of spaces, or go back to the beginning of the forest region, lose a turn, etc. You know, standard things you don't want to happen in a board game.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:54 pm
Trance Harper

I was originally going to use a system based on rhododendron bushes, but all the surveys that I handed out to them never got returned to me. Rhododendron is notoriously lazy. I also have no idea how to pronounce it, that was the main factor.

Paranormal Teddy

Yeah! I'm stoked to hear all about your board game, I love hearing about stuff like that that people create. I'm mega bad at math though, so I would probably get a lot of those punishment cards, haha  

Roy T Inane

Newbie Noob

Bearanormal

Otherworldly Bear

17,150 Points
  • First Fall 15
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:01 pm
Roy T Inane

Yeah! I'm stoked to hear all about your board game, I love hearing about stuff like that that people create. I'm mega bad at math though, so I would probably get a lot of those punishment cards, haha

Ahaha, yeah, I'm not perfect at math either...
Well, there are also reward cards... and my favorite part about it so far was that I got to make the player pieces. They were so cute~
Supposedly we're going to be finishing up tomorrow... or Friday, we're supposed to be playing them on Monday.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:04 pm
Paranormal Teddy

That's cool. What did you make them out of? I'm terrible at art, too, I've got a pretty limited skill set, hahaha.

How does the math work in the game? What sort of math does it deal with, what are the mechanics?  

Roy T Inane

Newbie Noob

Thornwick

Crew

Fashionable Lunatic

21,050 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:07 pm
Roy T Inane

I mostly like fiction and will read just about any genre so long as it's well-written--and that goes beyond the ability of stringing words together to form flowery narrative (every story has a plot, but well-developed characters keep me turning the page). I tend to gravitate toward spy/mystery thrillers (Daniel Silva, Preston & Child), but I also enjoy dark/urban fantasy, paranormal romance, sci-fi/Victorian sci-fi, and the occasional one-handed read. (Hell, I'll even muscle down a few YA/NA titles if they're written well enough.) At the moment, I'm tackling four titles.

I'd finished a rough draft over six months ago, but it left my creative reservoir for personal projects dry until a few days ago, when I'd come up with a partial hook; still trying to cultivate an idea for it, though. In the meantime, I'm beefing up on WD articles and plowing through my reading-list as means of studying.

While I do enjoy drawing, I'm only good for head and bust shots (anything more complicated than that frustrates me). Like writing, I'm still learning and have a long way to go, but since you asked here's my dA.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:09 pm
Roy T Inane

Ello! cat_4laugh On a scale of 1 to all of the monkeys, I believe I may be at least 6 monkeys smart. At base minimum.

Hobbies:
Reading
RPing
Knitting
Netflix
Baking
Marching Band
Making Money $$$ Ayyyyy
cat_cool

What about you? What do you like to do? What's your life about? emotion_kirakira
And I'm down for a hugenormous rp!  

Hiacinth
Crew

Feral Fatcat

18,875 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200

Trance Harper

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:21 pm
Roy T Inane