Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Pathfinder] Dragons Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:24 am
iLL iNTENT
TheVulgarUnicorn
Health roll!

Turn that first 4 there into a 12, Paidi said we get full HP at lvl 1
don't forget rerolls if one should roll a 1.

I've been thinking on doing what WhimsicalXellos did and scale my dragon level back 1 and getting a PC class for level 8.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:28 am
iLL iNTENT
TheVulgarUnicorn
Health roll!

Turn that first 4 there into a 12, Paidi said we get full HP at lvl 1

Oh right!
Goodie goodie!  

TheVulgarUnicorn

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:30 am
TheVulgarUnicorn
Yeah, but option A is full scale-warfare.
I'm more interested in an RP than a turn based strategy game.
I could go play... like half of my steam library for that.

depends on what your taking conquest of and how you plan to go about it. true it might be more mechanics heavy than B but what if I don't want to stop some dragon that plans to do things that may not even affect me?

the world as we know it would be destroyed but there might be survivors. well.... the thought is incorrect, as a metallic dragon I would want to stop him.....  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:51 am
xD
Well yes, i plan on treating option A as a chance to play The Game as a green.
Buuut... i dont see the ability to transform into humans in their list of special abilities like they are in DnD...
Is it removed in pathfinder?
if so... i must rethink things  

TheVulgarUnicorn

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:08 am
TheVulgarUnicorn
Yeah, but option A is full scale-warfare.
I'm more interested in an RP than a turn based strategy game.
I could go play... like half of my steam library for that.

Well there is a lot more to war than just two armies crashing into each other. There's the diplomatic side to it, treaties, forging alliances, negotiating surrenders, espionage and subterfuge, ect. So even though it's a non-traditional campaign, you should have plenty of opportunities to roleplay your character.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:09 am
TheVulgarUnicorn
xD
Buuut... i dont see the ability to transform into humans in their list of special abilities like they are in DnD...

kinda... only 3 of 5 metallic dragons can do shape change. the others need to take PC classes that have the spells for such.  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:14 am
I went ahead and made a level 8 version of my dragon. I stuck it on a separate sheet cuz Paidi hasn't actually SAID we were going on with level 8, just if there was a lot of support for it (which, there is, but I figured better safe than sorry)

Sigmaroposs: Blue Dragon  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:23 am
Xenar1
TheVulgarUnicorn
xD

kinda... only 3 of 5 metallic dragons can do shape change. the others need to take PC classes that have the spells for such.

Well, dragons learn spells as a sorcerer on their own anyways. You could always pick up the 'Alter Self' spell and pick up the Extend Spell metamagic feat to increase the duration. That would do the trick.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:37 am
iLL iNTENT
Xenar1
TheVulgarUnicorn
xD

Well, dragons learn spells as a sorcerer on their own anyways. You could always pick up the 'Alter Self' spell and pick up the Extend Spell metamagic feat to increase the duration. That would do the trick.

you have to quote the source on that. a sorcerer can have a dragon bloodline but a dragon, to my knowledge doesn't have sorcerer stuff by default.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:01 am
Xenar1
iLL iNTENT
Xenar1
TheVulgarUnicorn
xD

you have to quote the source on that. a sorcerer can have a dragon bloodline but a dragon, to my knowledge doesn't have sorcerer stuff by default.

Look at your level chart. As a white dragon, you start learning sorcerer spells at level 13. And Mongooseh and I start getting them at 12 for being black and blue.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

TheVulgarUnicorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:33 am
iLL iNTENT
Xenar1
iLL iNTENT
Xenar1
TheVulgarUnicorn
xD

Look at your level chart. As a white dragon, you start learning sorcerer spells at level 13. And Mongooseh and I start getting them at 12 for being black and blue.

I know QQ...
Man...
Ok well...
Awkward...
Ill have to do some tweaking...
Or i could go with plan B
Instead of alliances with humans i could try and...
Hehehe...
yeah maybe that would be better...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:11 pm
Okay... now let's see if I can cover things as they've come up. If I miss anything let me know.

• Yes, skill points are gained retroactively upon Intelligence mod boosts. Makes things a WHOLE lot easier to keep track of. From an RP standpoint you can think of it more like gaining an epiphany and finding your talent for certain skills drastically increasing.
  • Pathfinder is basically 3.75. If you know 3.5 well you should be able to pick up Pathfinder in a snap. In addition to the things iNTENT listed the only "hidden" difference that stood out (to me at least) was that you no longer put half-points into non-class skills. 1 point = 1 skill for everything, and you get additional bonuses for putting a point in a class skill.
  • I see two votes for Metallic but only one person talking about wanting to play a traditional campaign. Though on your comments specifically, Ms. VulgarUnicorn, I get the feeling you'll like Option A better anyway. Though alignments aren't as concrete in this world, The Game is still pretty exclusively a Chromatic thing. Maybe some Metallics might be ambitious enough to join (to the same extent that I'm allowing Metallics to join the A game), but certainly not any Chosen of Apsu, which is basically what Option B was centering around.
  • It's funny you should mention that, since I chose Bronze, Silver, and Gold because they were the only breeds that could shapeshift naturally. But like iNTENT pointed out, all dragons get spell levels as if they were Sorcerers at some point during adulthood, so you can still shapeshift even without the spell-like ability those three breeds get.
  • I will allow more than 5 people into Conquest Mode since I have rules about not posting in time, so if that's the consensus (which it's looking like it is) I guess I'll update the first page with Option A specifics soon. Maybe tomorrow, just in case more people want to speak up against the idea (I'm looking at you, mysterious voter #3).
  • Also, since there seems to be some confusion... yes, I am a girl. I generally go by Selini, much as it makes me giggle seeing everyone call me "Child" all the time. (Paidi tou Selini lit. = "Child of the Moon")

I... think that's everything... good to see so much excitement over this. And thank you, iLL iNTENT, for answering so many questions in my absence.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:26 pm
Paidi tou Selini
If I miss anything let me know.

yes... starting wealth. you might cover this tomorrow anyways when you update but I thought I would throw it out there.....

1. lair wards. are they allowed from the dragonomicon? it would take awhile before we could make any of them but they sure look cool.

1B. if no is there some alternate form of them somewhere on PF? such 'building enchantments' seem nonexistent.

2. polymorph only last for minuets even with metamagic feats, know of any spell with more longativity?

I may think of more later.....  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:30 pm
Yes, well.
If it were option B I wouldn't care so much about shape change.
Anyway ive given up on my conquer-through-hominids strategy.
Im going to take another route.  

TheVulgarUnicorn

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:39 am
Xenar1

1. lair wards. are they allowed from the dragonomicon? it would take awhile before we could make any of them but they sure look cool.

1B. if no is there some alternate form of them somewhere on PF? such 'building enchantments' seem nonexistent.

Yeah I saw those and I was interested in them myself.

Most of them however, could be emulated by casting a spell with a similar effect, and then casting Permanency on it. There's an official list of spells that can be made permanent, and it says that the DM can rule other spells as candidates for permanency if they're okay with it.

And if lair security is a big concern for you, you could find someone to build Traps to help defend it, maybe a minion or a freelance trap maker. You could even build them yourself if you take ranks in Craft: Traps (and the Craft Wondrous Item feat if you want to make magic traps.)  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff