Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here
[BOOTH] Oh Jack, Who Invited Cricket - CLOSED Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
ramenli rolled 2 20-sided dice: 12, 17 Total: 29 (2-40)

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:55 pm
It appeared that he had not truly caught her attention, and then Alexander arrived and just there was just an odd pressure. Pressure that turned his brain into mush and turned him into a bumbling idiot. Literally.

He tried to move over and whacked his knee into the fence. Pain shot up his leg and in his attempt to take weight off of his foot he might have put out a hand to try to provide balance, misjudging the fence and falling forward, partially crushing a few flowers. Now his face was a nice crimson. He was the opposite of smooth. "Oh Great Mantis I am sorry Nurse Cricket I will try my best to fix this of course I am so sorry here let me just..." he reached for the flowers, trying to right them and accidentally ripped the head of one right off of the stem. He looked appalled, for a brief moment trying to shove the head of the flower back onto the stem as if nothing was wrong.

He might have also been looking for the nearest place where he could duck out of sight, or an empty grave where he could just bury himself.

Attempt 2/3

demon_pachabel

Seussi rolled 2 20-sided dice: 10, 1 Total: 11 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:12 pm
Alex just watched his boilfriend in stunned silence. And he thought that he was the one that reacted badly under stress. But no, this was new, and somewhat interesting to watch. But also at the same time this was fairly horrifying, and the zomboil could feel his own anxiety rearing it's ugly head. He was here, with Yin, in front of his mothers booth. His mother was Nurse Cricket. Nurse Cricket who he was pretty sure had something against relationships though that was just a feeling he got from her sex ed class. Nurse Cricket who he was actually somewhat terrified of before she became his boilfriends mother, which now just made her even more terrifying. And his boilfriend was freaking out and that really didn't improve anything and oh dear jack why had he followed him up here....

"Yin..." His said quietly, trying to get the other boils attention, to make him just...stop whatever he was doing, because it was painful to watch, and awful. "Yin Cang?" Slightly louder, voice strained. He couldn't deal with this for much longer. In a second, he was going to bolt, it was going to happen.

And then Yin popped the head right off of one of the flowers he had been trying to right, and the zomboil visibly cringed, one hand raising to his own neck, fingertips resting on stitches, eyes wide. If he was the type to need to breathe, it would have been at a very accelerated pace right now.

Inwardly he was whimpering. Outwardly with shaking hands he fumbled in his pocket with his for a moment, and pulled out a needle and thread for emergency situations.

And clearly this was an emergency.

Telling himself it was all going to be okay, with deft fingers used to such tasks he threaded the needle, and set to work puting the poor flowers head in it's rightful place with the worlds tiniest stitches.

He might have even pulled out a tiny strip of bandage to wrap around it when he was done.

"There. There it's fine, see?" Who was he even talking to? The Nurse? Yin? Himself?

Meanwhile the flower really did not look fine.

If Yin was digging a grave, the zomboil hoped it would be big enough for two.

attempt: 2/3

demon_pachabel

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

santime rolled 2 20-sided dice: 4, 15 Total: 19 (2-40)

santime

Vicious Aggressor

8,925 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • 20 Wins 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:27 pm
The new booth caught Eisheth's interest immediately. The alchemist wasn't the one specializing in plants, as Faiyum, but nevertheless she was interested: Halloween flora - and fauna - far exceeded that of a Famine island, so Eisheth never wasted a chance to study it a bit closer.

The garden around an old and dusty fence that was actually forming the booth, if one could say that, was incredibly attractive. Some of the flowers here Eisheth had seen before, or at least could recognize, but most of them were enigma for her. It took her all the willpower to restrain from just grabbing the flowers and running away; that would be wrong. But alas, she had no money to buy any of them either.

The alchemist reached the owner, - apparently it was a school nurse, - and introduced herself. She started a long story, explaining her scientific interest in the plants, as well as describing her own research results; she talked about potions that one could make from various roots, flowers, and berries, and charms empowered by flower pollen or scent.

She was fancying a very particular Floral Scent, and hoped Cricket would be amazed by her approach, but unfortunately, as far as she realized, all of that didn't make any sense for the nurse. Eisheth just finished a very interesting story about the origin of the Firefly potions, which was made of some desert rose petals, when she realized the nurse was studying her own notebook; Eisheth stopped in the middle of the phrase, but Cricket didn't notice it, probably, she wasn't listening for a while now.

Well... may be her story was too long. Or wasn't really interesting for the nurse...

Feeling incredibly embarrassed, the horseman coughed to attract Cricket's attention.

Attempt: 1
demon_pachabel
EDITED! I'm sorry, I DERPPPED HARD trying to find a way for Eisheth to feel embarrassed

Pach Edit: You've both done something I've expressly asked people to not do (RE: GMing Cricket, and doing something she's physically unable to do at that (Sleep) ). Please edit your post or I will not send you a prize.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:02 pm
It was 99.9% likely that Cricket was torn between eating Alexander or laughing at her son trying way too hard. In fact, that's exactly what she was.

However, the little motion from Alex to bandage the flower did cause her to raise both brows with some interest. "Hm. That's an interesting method of 'repair', I'd say I've not seen someone do before." she noted.

Though it did seem as though it would probably be in her best interests to give both boils some of her wares before they just broke everything. Even if one of them was her son. Sigh. SIGH YIN. "I would like it if you called me mother you know." she added, looking at the mantid pointedly.

Seussi

Ramenli

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:21 pm
exclaim question Of all the decor of the booths, this one looked more like it was set for Easter with it's festive flowers and white, picket fence. Since it seemed rather normal, he started to head over, not taking notice of the attendant there just yet as Cricket was otherwise occupied with other students.

smile "Actually looks normal." He said, heading over and noticing bundles of flowers wrapped up.

Quote:
Has:
Mood Bubble Over His Head
KiraKira Eyes Effect

Quote:
Melvin is a 5ft dog boil with dog ears, tail, a collar, and black/orange clothes.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:44 pm

ENTERING

Rin lit up at the sight of flowers. biggrin She looked at Melvin and nodded in agreement, "G-Jack those lilies look divine... I wonder what we have to do to earn them, though." question sad She looked around for any sort of sign before looking over for Rep, "Also. I know that but I don't know what.. word these... use. For that." sweatdrop

Male 5ft Roadkill Stag with sandy blonde hair and brown eyes. His clothes are tattered and covered in blood and tire marks. He seems to have trouble keeping his guts from spilling.

Effect - Mood Bubbles

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:50 pm

ENTER
Rep was mostly too distracted by the bubbles following Melvin and Rin around to pay much heed to the booth. When he finally did, he curled his lip. Flowers. He was hoping in Halloween he wouldn't have to deal with pretty fluffy valentines sugar.

"Kiiind of gay" he muttered under his breath, eyeing them.

Quote:
Rep is a 7ft tall undead dragon golem.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:54 pm
Melvin just looked over at Rep. emotion_eyebrow "What? Would you prefer disembodied heads on stakes and maggot candies?" emotion_puke "This is better than what it could be. Safe at least." Or so he hoped. emotion_sweatdrop

He did wonder about how plants worked in Halloween as he only ever dealt with minipets. "Maybe a game or like the previous booth where you just take it?" He reached out to take a bundle of flowers.....

Quote:
Has:
KiraKira Eyes Effect

Quote:
Melvin is a 5ft dog boil with dog ears, tail, a collar, and black/orange clothes.

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:01 pm
"Do not just touch things that aren't yours." Cricket suddenly grabbed the reaching hand, squeezing it tightly for a moment before letting it go - leaving a hand-shaped burn with a few curling tendrils away from it.

The nurse gave the trio a long serious look before she resumed tending to the flowers.

Alicia Firestar rolled 2 20-sided dice: 14, 20 Total: 34 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:11 pm
Millie looked around as if something new might just be lying around that would give Millie more chances or inspiration to impress this professor.

She was terrible at singing.... would that do?

Millie cleared her throat and belted out the first song that came to mind.

She certainly couldn't carry a tune, that was for sure. In fact, she gave up halfway through, coughing and turning beet red because she couldn't stand hearing herself. If someone was digging a grave to hide in, Millie would gladly join them...

Try 2/3  

Alicia Firestar

Fluffy Shapeshifter

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:15 pm

lol "Shh," Rin scolded Rep though it might not seem as serious as she hoped with her bubble giving away the fact she was laughing on the inside. emotion_brofist She kinda haaad to agree with Melvin though. She much preferred seeing flowers. At least their presence brought up a lot of questions. question Likely the same questions going through Melvin's mind before he got roughly scolded for being a thief. eek Buuut... sorta deserved Rin realized. 3nodding He should have waited to ask first.

Male 5ft Roadkill Stag with sandy blonde hair and brown eyes. His clothes are tattered and covered in blood and tire marks. He seems to have trouble keeping his guts from spilling.

Effect - Mood Bubbles

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:17 pm

"It'd feel more normal." he said gruffly. There was something sinister about innocent things in Halloween.

Proven at least marginally correct in his assumptions, Rep leapt back in surprise as Melvin was seized by the wrist. It looked like someone felt really strongly about flowers.

"Probably no wise to be handsy around here man."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:27 pm
exclaim exclaim The hand that gripped him startled him at first just by the surprise of someone appearing and being seized. He only had wanted to pick up the flowers to examine them, and if they were for sale or for a game, he'd ask how.

But it was the hand that held him, and his quick glance up that had everything pulling into a sharp tunneled focus to this one sole person. The air around him became thin, hard to breath even if he was in a golem, and his heart stopped as it lodged in his throat. The woman stood, talking harshly, and he recalled with that distant familarity of a memory that had grown frayed about the edges the clarity and horrifying nature of that voice.

She scolded him, but his eyes were left wide as she held him as if to finally say I got you. I finally have you after all this time. eek emotion_jawdrop gonk exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim :!

exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim She released, but everything around him focused on her.

exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim She was alive and she was here. After all these years, she wasn't back in that house under the broken floorboards, but here, alive and well.

Not tearing his eyes away, he shook, tail tucked between his legs and ears back as he staggered backwards. eek emotion_jawdrop gonk exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim
His breath came out in hyperventilating gasps as he tried to process, the dam of emotions filling to the brim just waiting for that first one to break it.

"ShShe...here..." If a golem could wet it's pants and vomit, Melvin would have done both right now.

Quote:
Has:
KiraKira Eyes Effect

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:42 pm

question question question Woa, what the hell Melvin?! Rep's words became a distant thought as Rin watched Melvin's mood bubble go through all sorts of interesting phases. eek Dude, chill out. confused "You okay?" sad Rin watched him squirm with immediate concern... but a fleeting and quite distant sick little curiosity loomed in the back of her mind. ninja

Back to worrying about Melvin though. sad

Effect - Mood Bubbles

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:48 pm
Okay, the mood bubbles actually were more distracting than anything in the world, and the nurse stared at the constant shift in them with a bug-eyed stare. Pun intended as a centipede marking crawled across her face.

"Well, that's certainly not something I've seen before..." she murmured to herself as she stared at the poor boil in confusion. Could she touch the bubbles? Cricket reached out to poke one of the screaming faces.

Screaming?

A wicked grin split her face - quite literally at that. "Well. Good to know that I've still got it."

She was referring to her ability to make youngin's fear her, but...to Melvin it probably sounded like she meant something else.

{ Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff