Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]
[EVENT] Opening Ceremony (Wrap-up/TBC, p.6!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:23 pm
Tanakako

"Oh definitely, with your tutelage I'm guaranteed to win every contest," she continued, her lips lifting into a grin as she regarded her mate. Admittedly, he had done a great deal for her and if it hadn't been for his tutelage she would never have survived on her Pilgrimage. She'd never have been able to hunt and therefore she would have starved to death. Granted, he'd never taught her to fight which in hindsight might have been useful if she had explored other regions of the roguelands...but fortune had favoured her and she had never been forced into conflict.

...She suspected the same couldn't be said for some of the pride. Szurke had never graced her with all his stories but she suspected life hadn't always been rosy for him. It was only after many months of effort since her return that he had been able to smile a little and come out of his shell. That being said she wasn't so naive as to expect him to become a social butterfly and the life of the party - if that happened she was going to have to become an ace hunter just to balance things out!

"Honestly I think I might give the frog catching a try if it comes up," she admitted, her expression becoming somewhat more neutral as she considered the contests that might be held. "I'm not sure what else is available, I wasn't born during the last festivities so..." she shrugged her shoulders. When it came down to it she was as clueless as he was in many respects.

"But the real question is whether or not you'll take part?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:33 pm
He returned her grin with his own reserved smile, yet the warmth in his eyes was solely for her. Unaware of where her thoughts had drifted, he lowered his own shaggy head and settled his chin atop her far more graceful skull, expression contemplative as they sat together quietly.

he had never intentionally held back information about himself, but how did one go about telling the lioness he was falling for about all the dark and dangerous things he had done in his past? Conversation had been difficult enough for him without the added strain of trying to formulate words for experiences he had never spoken about before. However, if she were ever to ask he was always willing to try and explain, and indeed had told her of some of his misadventures as a younger lion. It was just not a very cheerful subject most of the time and was not one he tended to spare much thought to these days.

Rumbling his agreement as she spoke of joining the frog catching contests, he smiled to himself as he imagined his adorably clumsy mate trying to catch the slippery little beasts, much like some of the pride were attempting at the moment. Her sudden query made him lift his head and stare down at her, maw ajar in surprise. Catching himself he shut his mouth quickly and blinked at her. "Me...? Umm... did you want me to enter?" In truth he had never even considered going for it himself, not that he was against the idea, just that it hadn't occurred that he could.

Epine de Rose

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:41 pm
Tanakako

"Why wouldn't you enter?" she asked, a little shocked by his surprise. Admittedly she probably shouldn't have been overly surprised as he wasn't the sort to openly participate in such events, but there was no harm in it right? The lioness pursed her lips briefly and then ducked away from his chin, turning round to face him. It was at this point that she lifted a paw and pressed it against his nose so that his head would drop just a touch. "It's part of the fun and it gives you the opportunity to show your prowess," she pointed out and tilted her head to the side.

"You don't have to enter if you don't want, it could just be a little bit of fun for you," she continued and then removed her paw, rest assured she knew it probably wasn't comfortable on his neck to press down for a long period of time. "I'd cheer for you no matter what you did," she murmured and set her forepaw on top of the other in what wasn't generally the most comfortable of poses...that being said, she'd never been normal in that respect.

"I mean if there was something that required more strength or something than the frog catching, you could show off all the skills you tried to teach me," she gasped and leant forward, her eyes twinkling ever so slightly. "Word has they had wrestling last time..."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:14 pm
"That's a lovely sentiment," Chemankari allowed with a nod and a slight smile, "And one I usually agree with, but as you say, things are never simple. I am not as paranoid as I might sound, I assure you. But I have nothing solid, so all I can do is keep my eyes open."

----

Laanfa was so focused on looking for her mother that almost she didn't hear her name called, and by the time she registered and reacted to the yell, Asami was nowhere in sight. And it had to be her sister - the voice had been a girl's, definitely, and she didn't know any other girls in anything other than passing. She frowned deeply, looking every which way for any hint of red.

"Asamiiiii," she whined, "That's not fair! Where did you go?"

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Znaruto

Dapper Humorist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:35 pm
Yes He made it out alive from the evil lion. He jump around trying to here about where there was going to be tomorrow so he could warn his family. He jump around the lions paws making sure he didn't hit any of them. The blue fog was going to make sure he would find out which part they where going to hit so his family would be safe.

He hop on one of the lions tails and quickly ran alway. Heheheh. He was going to mess with them before end of the tonight, which he would really like.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:39 pm
He nodded as she repeated his name, just to let her know that yes, she was saying it right. Then she said another name. Actually she yelled it. Then the cub dove at him. If Mteremo had more time to react, he might have been a bit freaked out by this, but by the time the movement registered Asami was already ducked beside him.

"What's wrong?" He asked, but soon had an answer, once Laanfa called her sister's name. Mteremo looked in the other juvenile's direction, and then abruptly looked away, suddenly realizing this might just be a game of hide and seek. Apparently, he was the chosen hiding spot. "Oh."

And with that, he shook his head once, just to see if his mane got any fluffier, then tried to act naturally as he nibbled on some meat.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:48 pm
User Image

((totally late but...)

Liara had kept out of sight for most of this whole thing; a bit nervous to be around so many at one time. It just wasn't her way. In fact, it was something she was very VERY not used too; so many people. She was an antisocial sort of lioness as it was; but to have so many around chatting and being... all social... just gave her the nervous willies. So she sat contently under a fallen log a distance from everything; her red eyes staring out at everyone as she simply imagined the sorts of things they were discussing. She never really liked talking anyways.

She shifted her weight and lay down in the cool soil of the decaying tree, her brown tipped paws tucked against her chest and her eyes half lidded. She was content with not participating in all these conversations and hub-bub. She was happy to just sit and watch.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:50 pm
"Mmm..." Safi's eyes brushed upwards as he considered her. "You reasoning seems quite valid. Impossible to prevent something you know not of." He smiled towards her. "I'm sure you aren't paranoid," the lion said with a light air, "just reasonably concerned. And, Miss Chemankari, if you need any assistance then you need but ask."

He nodded his head after his statement before turning, motioning towards the feast in an offering motion.

oo Ded
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:54 am
Blinking down at her he gaped a little, still stunned by her revelation. Embarassed though he wasn't sure why the feeling had arisen, he tried to regain his usual control, but was very obviously still off-kilter by the turn of conversation. "Uh.... " Yet before he could formulate a reply she pressed one slender paw to his scared nose, pushing his head down so he was locked into her steady gaze. He felt his heart seize up and his breath lodge in his throat, and neither sensation had anything to do with their discussion and everything to do with the fact that he was once more hit by the realisation that this beautiful, intelligent, intuitive female was his.

He had never expected to find such a gem as Cayla, and certainly would not have thought that she would pick a male such as himself. But the impossible had happened and he would always give thanks to the gods for her. She was his life, his reason for being, and he knew without a shadow of a doubt that without her, he would have faded away until he truly became the ghost his pelt resembled.

Blinking himself out of his thoughts, as amazing and mindblowing as they were when Cayla was the subject of them, he managed to mentally shake himself back into the present, a tiny smile of adoration curling across his muzzle, hidden beneath her paw though it was gone by the time she released his nose from her grip. "I guess.... I just never thought about it." He admitted quietly, wondering if his participation would please her.. and knowing that seeing her smile was worth more than any prize the queen could offer. When he spoke next his voice had dipped low, meant for her ears only, partly nervous and partly intimate. "If you will cheer for me, I will enter."

He was far too introverted to enter the games for any reason such as pride or ego, but to do so for his lady, so she could be proud of him, proud to be with him... That was worth opening himself up to failure and possible ridicule. Though he was modest he was not blind to his own abilities, he had survived a hard life to gain those very skills and bore many scars as proof of their validity. He was quietly confident but rarely did he ever reveal the extent of his ability to others. Smiling softly at his mate he allowed a warm, rumbling chuckle to slip from his chest. "Wrestling, you say...?"

Epine de Rose

User Image

A dark figure emerged out of the thick foliage that surrounded the gathering area. Honeyed mane and bright amber eyes paired with the distinctive blue wing markings identified the tall male as Nthanda’kagiso, son of Daima, Guardian of the swamps. A broad grin suddenly curled across the male's muzzle as he spotted his dam. Picking a path through the scattered gathering, avoiding playful cubs and damp youngsters and the occasional splayed out body of a well-fed adult, he made his way to Daima's side, dipping his head to nuzzle at her mane.

"Greetings mother." He rumbled happily, pleased to see her. Lifting his head he glanced around at the assembled pride members, noting the Queen and feast gathered about her. He was more than aware of the drought and the worries of the older lions and while he shared their concern it appeared as if tonight was a night for celebration, a chance to forget ones troubles if only temporarily. Tomorrow he would be back on duty but tonight he could enjoy himself a little.

Das Tor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:22 am
Tanakako

Ahhhh but he was like a cub sometimes. Shy and timid, afraid to step out into the world and yell his introductions. One of these days she was going to ask him why as she doubted the few stories she did know were the immediate cause of it. Nevertheless, as the festivities were meant to alleviate awkwardness, she knew better than to bring that subject up now and instead, she grinned impishly in response to his shy and otherwise uncertain replies. Suffice to say that if she had her way he would be participating to an extent!

"I would be the best cheer leader ever," she replied with a firm nod, her expression becoming serious as she stepped back, pushed herself up onto two legs and waved her paws, lifting one and then the other in what seemed to be fist pumps before raising both in unison. "Go, go, Szurke!" she chanted. "You're number one, you're number one!" she continued and then set her paws down. A moment later she then lifted one, pointed at him and winked.

"I'd come up with the most awesome routine for you," she promised and then returned back to his original query regarding wrestling. "Well I think we have wrestling...some how I don't see you catching frogs, I mean you'd be really good at it but they'd look like pancakes rather than frogs if you pounced them..."

Epine de Rose

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:11 pm
Meepfur
"A draw? In advance? But that wouldn't be any fun, especially not for everyone else. Just think how much they'd like to see it!" Khara grinned and lashed her tail. Now she was just plain giving him a hard time, and was apparently intent on running with this until they drove the joke right into the ground.

"Fine, fine," he said, making a point of shrugging dramatically though he was taking a chance on losing his footing. Vyoga did not have very high expectations of his own balance but add that he was joking around and chance that he would do something to make a fool of himself increased dramatically. Luckily, this time he remained upright.

"Have it your way, then," he said, trying to put on a serious face but ultimately incapable of hiding his smile, "Tell me where and when and I'll be there."

Maybe.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:46 am
User Image

Iddo had been eating quietly, with a deceptively calm expression. Actually, the cub wasn’t really comfortable being in such a large crowd and he was eavesdropping on just about every conversation while he got acquainted with this new setting. When his stomach stopped cooperating and it became impossible to eat anything else, Iddo walked away from the carcass and looked for something to do. He could really use his twin right about now…

His eyes finally locked on a little blue frog that was hopping around the gathering lions, something Iddo didn’t consider very clever if he were to be honest. But it was only when the little creature jumped on one of the adult’s tail that Iddo’s expression finally opened and the cub let out a tiny little chuckle.

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:54 pm
oo DeD

Chemankari considered the offer of assistance for a moment, then nodded. Despite the fact that it changed nothing, that she still didn't know anything, it was reassuring. "If I figure it out, and it's something that can be helped with...I'll let you know."

In the meantime, she had been serious enough for awhile, and there was nothing left to be done for it except to try not to be. She summoned up a smile and followed his motion.

Ecavi

Khara was delightfully pleased when her Consort acquiesced, and her expression brightened further. She always liked to win - whatever it was she was winning - and for the time being, the pleasure of that chased away weariness and worry. "Tomorrow morning," she answered cheerfully, "Right here."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:43 pm
"OK then," he said, his voice much firmer than his resolve and her cheer didn't help, "Tomorrow morning, right here." It took a great deal of effort to keep his tongue in his mouth and his face straight. This would be interesting, if he did show up.

Finally he smiled. Whatever their worries were, the games were still going to be fun.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

oo Ded
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:27 pm
With a little smile, Safi gave a nod. It was a nod of approval and was short-lived, lasting briefly before he turned with her towards the feast. As he began to eat, he couldn't help but imagine all of the 'what if's. He couldn't help but fell wary, now. The lion had noted the current, precarious condition of the swamplands. The ceremonies would no doubt raise some spirits, but things going wrong... Well, it certainly wouldn't help any. But he could only be optimistic. Beyond that, there was nothing to be done.  
[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff