Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Calling all gameless players! (Add yourself to my wait list) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Remo Ernesto Rotondo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:55 am
WhimsicalXellos
Remo Ernesto Rotondo
I'm gameless for the time being and would like to participate in a game. Have any openings?

I'm running pretty full right now, but if anything comes up and you're still interested, I'll give you a prod. I give my games enough wiggle room to allow fluctuations within the party, since I never know if someone's going to mysteriously disappear on me.

Okay, just let me know and I should be ready shortly after that. Thanks for the heads up.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:08 pm
i am an absolute noob at this game, but ive seen it be played a few times (especially at aikon ^-^) and i REALLY wanted to play, only had one RL friend who played and he had no belief in his DM (if thats correct...) skills and didnt want to host. i tried to join at the local card and comic shop but got side tracked with my job and other stuff i didnt have the time.... so i need to learn, but i learn very quickly.  

ClaudiusC91

Friendly Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:57 pm
Claudius-Choiseul91
i am an absolute noob at this game, but ive seen it be played a few times (especially at aikon ^-^) and i REALLY wanted to play, only had one RL friend who played and he had no belief in his DM (if thats correct...) skills and didnt want to host. i tried to join at the local card and comic shop but got side tracked with my job and other stuff i didnt have the time.... so i need to learn, but i learn very quickly.

All right, to which game do you refer? DnD in general, or one of the editions in particular?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:10 am
WhimsicalXellos
Claudius-Choiseul91

All right, to which game do you refer? DnD in general, or one of the editions in particular?

DnD, i am absolutely clueless on these versions sweatdrop ... ill give 4e a try since its the crowd favorite.  

ClaudiusC91

Friendly Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:58 am
Claudius-Choiseul91
DnD, i am absolutely clueless on these versions sweatdrop ... ill give 4e a try since its the crowd favorite.

Well at the moment, there's no easy way to fit new people into the games I'm running. But one of them has been fluctuating lately, so I won't say it's not possible sometime in the future. I have a hook to pull someone in coming up soon, but it's reserved for someone else. If the other people in line don't take advantage of it, I'll drop you a line.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:46 am
WhimsicalXellos

Well at the moment, there's no easy way to fit new people into the games I'm running. But one of them has been fluctuating lately, so I won't say it's not possible sometime in the future. I have a hook to pull someone in coming up soon, but it's reserved for someone else. If the other people in line don't take advantage of it, I'll drop you a line.

alrighty then, ill be patiently waiting for a response  

ClaudiusC91

Friendly Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:51 am
Claudius-Choiseul91
alrighty then, ill be patiently waiting for a response

Oh, one thing you could do regardless is have a character ready. There's not really any major restrictions on class and such. I assume you have access to the book(s) so that you can create one? If you have any questions about the process, feel free to ask.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:58 am
WhimsicalXellos

Oh, one thing you could do regardless is have a character ready. There's not really any major restrictions on class and such. I assume you have access to the book(s) so that you can create one? If you have any questions about the process, feel free to ask.

no books, idk where to find them or what they are called... like i said, i only witnessed the game a couple times and i am an absolute noob...  

ClaudiusC91

Friendly Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:19 am
Claudius-Choiseul91
no books, idk where to find them or what they are called... like i said, i only witnessed the game a couple times and i am an absolute noob...

Ahhh, then we run into a different problem. 4e is notoriously difficult to get into without the books, since Wizards never bothered to open the license for a useful reference website. The book in question is, at the very least, the Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition Player's Handbook. There are others, but that one is pivotal to a new player. You either need to buy it, or find it somehow. There are less than legal methods, but those cannot be discussed here. However, you said your friend plays. You might be able to ask to borrow his resources, and even if he isn't willing to DM, you may still be able to pick his brain about rules and character creation.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:12 am
WhimsicalXellos

k, i got the book, and its less complicating then i thought it would be, gotta read it over a couple times though so everything goes smoothy over my trial game.  

ClaudiusC91

Friendly Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

SorceressJacklyn

Blessed Prophet

12,975 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:47 pm
this sounds interesting enough. Still accepting players?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:24 pm
SorceressJacklyn

I'm fairly amazed this thread is still getting applicants, actually. As it stands, all my games are running pretty full. What kind of game were you looking to play?  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

SorceressJacklyn

Blessed Prophet

12,975 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:46 am
WhimsicalXellos
SorceressJacklyn

I'm fairly amazed this thread is still getting applicants, actually. As it stands, all my games are running pretty full. What kind of game were you looking to play?

If you're full that's okay. I'll just keep looking around.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:48 am
SorceressJacklyn

Oh no no. See, 'pretty full' isn't the same as 'completely full.' The thing is that I'm running 3 games in 4e at the moment, but I'm poking at Pathfinder, as well. Which is why I asked what you were interested in playing. The Pathfinder game doesn't exist yet, which means it's technically completely empty.  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

SorceressJacklyn

Blessed Prophet

12,975 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:58 am
WhimsicalXellos
SorceressJacklyn

Oh no no. See, 'pretty full' isn't the same as 'completely full.' The thing is that I'm running 3 games in 4e at the moment, but I'm poking at Pathfinder, as well. Which is why I asked what you were interested in playing. The Pathfinder game doesn't exist yet, which means it's technically completely empty.

lol Ok. Well I'm more a DnD fan. I haven't much experience (read: none at all) with Pathfinder. But I have done M&M, BE/LM, and Shadowrun as well.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff