Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Westboro Baptist Church Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:34 pm
Bluevirtue
hanyou_alchemist
I'm really curious about this what would happen if we had the Hunger Games would the westboro church support it? (sorry its been nagging me for awhile.)

The Westboro Baptist church celebrates all death, regardless of who died and from what. They literally made a website listing off every country in the world and giving reasons why each of them are damned to hell for their own reason.
They see any death or misfortune as an act of god, and deserves to be celebrated.

I wonder what will happen when Fred Phelps or another of a member of the church dies. Surely they know that death is just part of life and we will all die someday.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:23 pm
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
Bluevirtue
hanyou_alchemist
I'm really curious about this what would happen if we had the Hunger Games would the westboro church support it? (sorry its been nagging me for awhile.)

The Westboro Baptist church celebrates all death, regardless of who died and from what. They literally made a website listing off every country in the world and giving reasons why each of them are damned to hell for their own reason.
They see any death or misfortune as an act of god, and deserves to be celebrated.

I wonder what will happen when Fred Phelps or another of a member of the church dies. Surely they know that death is just part of life and we will all die someday.

Well, since they believe they are one of the only ones to be saved, they mourn his loss, but generally are comforted by the fact that he is totally in heaven. On their website I think you can actually find the program to a funeral they once hosted for one of their church members.

For all their vicious hate for the world, they are a tightknit family among their insiders. They have to be, or else they'd have no one.  

Enderlad

Purple Robot Queen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:09 pm
I swear these people are like a parody of religious intolerance. I mean, why would you WANT to worship some powerful malevolent force that hates humanity? That is, after all, what they think God is.

It's like the minions that follow around the evil mastermind in a movie; you know, the one that kills his own followers and wants to destroy the world. Why would you work for that?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:36 pm
yukiroseful
I do believe I watched something on YouTube about a girl leaving.
She came back to get her stuff and her own little sister said she wasn't her sister anymore. ( or something like that ) The girl was pretty much disowned and her siblings were basically taught to hate her. It was awful D:

I think I watched that too. She was tired of teaching hate to her little siblings. She had to read bedtime stories filled with hate. When she said she no longer wanted to be a part of it, she got kicked out of the church and her house. The family no longer recognizes her existence. It's good to know that someone in the "church" doesn't want to preach hate.  

TigerLilyChick

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

yukiroseful

Timid Poster

13,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:38 pm
TigerLilyChick
yukiroseful
She came back to get her stuff and her own little sister said she wasn't her sister anymore. ( or something like that ) The girl was pretty much disowned and her siblings were basically taught to hate her. It was awful D:

I think I watched that too. She was tired of teaching hate to her little siblings. She had to read bedtime stories filled with hate. When she said she no longer wanted to be a part of it, she got kicked out of the church and her house. The family no longer recognizes her existence. It's good to know that someone in the "church" doesn't want to preach hate.

Mhm ^^
Maybe one day her siblings might leave too.
if the church loses its followers its powerless  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:05 pm
TigerLilyChick
yukiroseful

Ah, there is hope, isn't there? ^_^  

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

Enderlad

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:46 pm
One thing that they don't really talk about, is that Shirley Phelps, who is more or less the acting leader of the church right now, and Fred Phelps' favorite daughter, when she went to college, she actually had a child out of wedlock. She was practically disowned for it, but they kept the child, and cited it as evidence of how the outside world can corrupt even their strongest members.
They didn't try to get the father to marry her because they didn't want him in their church.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:45 pm
You guys should check out the two Louis Theroux documentaries about the family. They're super good but really sad. I ended up feeling bad for the family because of how destructive the cult is to them too, but hating Fred Phelps because of what a moronic and assholish person he is, basically causing all of it. It's like watching someone with a mental disorder, just really sad and pitiful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Most_Hated_Family_in_America
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_Most_Hated_Family_in_Crisis  

rizuhbull

Purple Robot Queen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:18 am
rizuhbull
You guys should check out the two Louis Theroux documentaries about the family. They're super good but really sad. I ended up feeling bad for the family because of how destructive the cult is to them too, but hating Fred Phelps because of what a moronic and assholish person he is, basically causing all of it. It's like watching someone with a mental disorder, just really sad and pitiful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Most_Hated_Family_in_America
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_Most_Hated_Family_in_Crisis

That actually sounds like a fascinating watch, I'll have to look for them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:32 am
I was watching the second documentary earlier. I don't understand their logic.  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

Purple Robot Queen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:55 am
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
I was watching the second documentary earlier. I don't understand their logic.

I'm pretty sure the problem is that you're trying to apply the word "logic" at all. confused  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:05 am
I love that there's a thread for this haha
Westboro basically sums up the core of America's/The world's hate and judgement and also how they single out gays.
The name of their website is God Hates Fags.
They Picket mainly at Gay pride parades.
And no matter where they go, they call almost everyone f** enablers.
God didn't write the bible about gay people.
God also didn't say anywhere that it's okay to tell someone else that they're going to Hell.
It's in one chapter called leviticus where it also says you can't eat shell fish
I don't see them holding up signs saying that shell fish eaters are going to hell, or that people that get remarried are.
I wonder if they actually believe that they're the only ones going to heaven  

WalrusCokeheadLizard

Terra Heighman

Friendly Lunatic

7,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:48 am
Belethiel
Behold! The only hate site I've ever walked into. I could barely take the first page of this... this s**t.

They totally forgot that God loves and forgives. I believe you go to heaven (or whatever afterworld there is) if you're a good person. They have a warped image of the being they worship, an image warped by the misunderstanding of the Bible. They too, are sinners. They ignore the teachings of Jesus, who's message was of love and acceptance in many cases.

I also noticed they took the word "Sodomites" out of context. Sodom was a city that was sinful. There was more stuff going on than gay sex, goodness! That's not the whole reason why God supposedly destroyed it. D:

UGH. They have hate songs and everything! This is disgusting. I wish we could do something about this site, and about these assholes. This is not a church, it's a cult and a hate group.

Ezekiel 16 states that the sin of Sodom was that it was inhospitable to visitors. The custom in those days was that gang rapes would take place where visitors were told basically to f*** off.

Westboro Baptist is representative of those who shall stand at the Judgment and say, "Lord, Lord, did we not preach in your name, and in your name cast out demons and do great works?" Yet Jesus will say to them, "Away from me, you evildoers! I never knew you!"  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:47 am
I CALL POE'S LAW ON THE WESTBORO BAPTIST CULT!!!! scream  

NocturneKefka666

KarRin666

Married Hunter

7,825 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:15 pm
I think the WBC should be wiped from the world for ever! neutral  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance