Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply { Completed Events } -------- Past Event Archives Here
[THE SUPPLIES TENT] - META PART 1 ENGAME PAGE 20 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:54 pm
Calder got to swim and he did NOT get returned back to the Nurse's Office. One would think he would be in heaven. When he first got throw into the waters and found out he could swim in it without dematerializing, he had been. That was until he felt a crawling unease in his system that only increased the longer he was in the water. Every part of him felt the water around him as unpleasant, like an uncomfortable blanket and it got to the point that even the pleasure of swimming, to be surrounded by water, wasn't enough to keep him wanting to stay in it. He wanted OUT! OUTOUTOUTOUTOUT! It was getting worse too, this insane feeling to get out of the water that he scrambled for what he could.

It was then that a familiar tentacle rose up from the water and he grabbed on that – however unpleasant that was. Ew. This was wrong. It made him think of another student and touching her in any way was just more uncomfortable than the water. Still, eh scrambled up as best he could and walked on it as far as it would allow before he had to jump back off into the shallow waters and make for the shore. At least he hadn't been in the water the entire time, and he walked out of the water in better shape than most students – most who were beached, face-down, in the sand.

Now that he was out of the water, he could flick his hair back and just enjoy being completely drenched. Refreshing. The odd feeling went away too, and he walked to see a group of students. Now that he was off the ship, he could find his friends, and he scanned around for anyone he knew better than those of his past crew.

Walking about, he did notice that Yaya was there, and moved over to see her on the sands. That was when he noticed THE LUMP. "Are you okay Yaya?" He asked, moving over to her and noticing her sitting on the ground. The leg was the next thing he noticed, seeing as he had a similar injury recently. "Oh geez. I'll see about carrying you……after I check on Christof." He said, and moved over to the lump. "Hey, bud." He said, kneeling down and shaking the lump on the boil's back. When he didn't move, he pushed with his shoulder and flopped Christof over. "Ugh!" He said, and then remembered Christof sorta always looked that way. "Hey Christof!" He shouted, seeing if that would work. The guy was dead, but could he drown? Ohhhh maaannnn. He did NOT want to be the one doing – wait, his mouth was shut. He couldn't DO mouth to mouth.

((MoonKitsune's Profile))

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:02 pm
Riley didn't know the names of any of the ships, even her own - since her boat name was nothing but characters. What a terrible name for a ship. Riley mused at the 'Overboard', and shrugged softly. I was on Red's boat. It's name was a bunch of symbols, but from the activities that occurred on board while we were passengers I will now lovingly refer to it as the Table Flipper. Yes, that was their boat name. Ironically, it was also what the symbols stood for, not that Riley had figured that out.

Riley backed out of the tent, holding the flap open for Aksaja to exit as well. I am not familiar with the Overboard. What did it look like? She briefly remembered all of the ships that had been docked when they first left, but she hadn't looked at any of the names. Really, she was just wondering if Aksaja's boat was made of plants or not - which it wasn't.

Her eyes wandered around the area, automatically scanning for a few students that she hadn't seen yet. The sinking feeling in her stomach refused to lift until she saw them.

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:13 pm
LW just stood, blinking between Gabrian and Ren. She wasn't bothered by the overly excited reaction Ren had had. That was...sadly starting to seem normal. No, that wasn't why she quietly blinked between the two. First, the appearance of Riley had made her smile and send out a mental, Thank you! for all her help. But the she-wolf had to admit she was privately surprised at the small bit of...was that jealousy?, that gripped her at seeing the two demons interact. Maybe she had definitely spent way too much time away from her friends.

Then there was the almost pitiful look Gabe was turning on her. She squirmed a little in the gryphon's arms, feeling bad that she hadn't run over and tackled her boilfriend. AND THEN, his words to Ren. LW's mind tried to understand what he was saying, but it wasn't working. Ren was possessive of her? Since when? This made her frown and continue to stare, tail flipping at the end. But this was shoved aside as she looked over the choices for 'supplies'. They weren't...very good. At least we have something. LW reached out and snagged a knapsack and then hesitated before grabbing a wooden table leg. Yep. She could use that one.

A familiar voice made her turn her head and her eyes lit up. That was Alessa! Did that mean Jove wasn't far behind either? Ren released her to bound over to Alessa, where Gabe currently was. Following after her best friend (at a slower pace) LW moved over to her boilfriend. The she-wolf waited long enough for him to hug the rabbit before she slid her arms around him in a tight/clingy hug.

"I really missed you!" She said, rubbing her cheek against him. Oh it felt nice to be surrounded by all of them again!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:17 pm
((ooc: using phone to post @ 3@ still need 2 more posts for Petro's eligibility. Um, please quote me if you feel like putting up with me interacting with the half-naked monster horse. Dragain, you know what to do~ *w*))

The tikbalang snorted in annoyance at the student's silence, his lips curling into a sneer before roughly pushing him away. He still had no idea where he was and how he got there or why he was even there. Petro supposed if he wanted answers, he was going to have to ask more students. Hopefully, he'll find someone he knew around here. Now that he really looked, he realized he'd emerged from a strange contraption.

Stepping forward, the grim line that was Petro's mouth curved downward into a scowl at the sensation of sand on the soles of his bare feet. Then the scowl became a simple frown when he remarked, "Least 's not snow." He shook his head and shuddered at the memory of Christmas Town, making his way towards the supplies tent where more students were gathered.

Wait, if he squinted juuuuuuuuust so, he could make out tentacles? "Riley, 's that y'?"

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:19 pm
There were only two things that Chuppi understood from her time on the boat:

1. She was cold, wet, full of water, and starving
2. Field trips were the worst thing to ever come from the school

That being said it was no surprise she nearly had a mild heart attack when the boat crashed and she came to confused, nor did it come as any more surprise that she refused to go on any further. Part of her was terrified over what was to come, what would be next, and then another section of her wanted to go out there and help with whatever needed helping with.

What won out in the end, of course, would be her staying at the portals and assisting the students that came out injured to the best of her abilities. It would be good for her to not get lost, right? There were plenty of more capable classmates out there who could do what she could not. . . .

( Chuppi has opted to stay behind at the portals and assist students and will not be adventuring. She also may or may not be pouting heavily. Will post for Savior when her boat arrives -

Four posts have been completed for Chuppi =) )

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:20 pm

It was dark, she was cold, her gorgeous designed gown clung wetly to her skin. If 'drowned rat' became in in look then Sin was working it...if not then she probably just looked pathetic. She winced and gingerly managed to sit up from where the waves had carried her in and strewn her onto the beach. Oh wow did it hurt...everything hurt, her ankle felt tender, she winced and looked at her arms. Tiny gashed from being dragged up onto shore and probably from the crash...oh jack! She tried to scramble to her feet and wobbled on her heels. Why! Why was she ALWAYS in the least practical clothing for these sorts of things? She had packed practical clothing, but Professor Winters had poofed all that away and left her in formal wear.

She sighed and forced herself to stand, now was not the time to be weak. She pushed sopping wet strands of hair back and brushed away the sand as best as she could. A shiver ran down her spine as she started to look for Alcie and Viveca with concern. Oh sweet Jack let them be alright...

Sin might have been hoping the same for her other friends if she knew that they too were in a similar predicament, no doubt she would come across the other shipwrecked students soon enough. She brushed the pendant and pulled it out from under her dress to examine it for a second. She huffed and let it drop back against her chest. "Protection my a**..." She muttered and then limped along the coast determined to find her fellow demon ghouls.

((Minipet Profile: Here))  

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:27 pm
Alessa finally fell, but at least it wasn't face first into the sand and mud. Instead it was into Gabrian's arms, thank Jack. He had awfully good timing. She blinked blearily at him, apparently surprised, or just dazed in general, by his question. "As long as you can keep me up," she said wearily, "You can hug me all you-"

And there was Ren, essentially taking her from Gabe, but without the same amount of support. It meant that, after some worried, but affectionate gestures, when he took her hands she leaned very heavily on them, which was awkward, but she was having trouble standing on her own. She needed something to eat, pretty badly at that. She didn't even have the energy to respond in turn when he kissed her.

When he mentioned Jove she visibly cringed with guilt. "I...He...I don't know. Our boat hit rocks and I was swept up from below deck and then toss out into the water and...I think he's alright, Cricket seemed to have um...tamed a squid that was helping us but I haven't seen him since I went below deck. He was fine then." She couldn't bring herself to look at him, feeling terrible. "I-I'm sorry. I should have done a better job at keeping an eye on him-"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:27 pm
"It was er . . . the really big one, looked like it would be really comfortable and stuff. The rooms were nice, but . . . " he shook his head, breaking off. No real point in rehashing the not-so-fun-and-comfortable events that happened on the boat.

He raised brows slightly at her answer. "Table Flipper, huh? Sounds interesting, at least." He was also looking around now, eyeing the various groups of people. "I hope everybody ends up here all right. Er. Depending on where 'here' is, a'course . . . "

Because really, this place could be worse than anything else they'd run into so far. Aksaja was just waiting for the giant robots or killer deer to show up.

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:37 pm
After a bit of prodding from the Kelpie, the hunchback started to stir, a strangled, gargling wretch in his throat as he turned over, madly trying to force the excess water he coughed up out of his stitched stitches. It was a difficult, if graphic and unpleasent experience.

Inhaling deeply through his nose, he shifted to try to sit up. The world was spinning, grey and foggy and jungly and sandy and still a bit purple and green about the edges and he was growing frustrated. He was aware there was a hand on his hunch, immediately swinging out with a fist (thankfully missing) in time to see it was a familiar face- CALDER! Brows raised in recognition, lowering his hand to show he did not intend to harm the kelpie, honestly! Seriously! Don't tell Mistress! Groggily, though, his semi focused eyes narrowed as he patted his head... oh no! His sunhat was gone! Everything was gone! The boat was gone, his hat was gone, and his Mistress was Dead- dead and eaten and gone and it was all his fault for not being able to save her and...

Wobbling with the remaining after effects of days of drugging, the hunchback huddled down with a strangled sob in his throat, burying his face in his mismatched hands. Dead! Dead and eaten!! A horrible way to go NOT the way she should have gone Mistress Riley was a QUEEN she should have been.... horribly dismembered by an angry mob or die heroically in battle or.... or... something...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:50 pm
So much for being happy to see him. First he had to doge a fist, and then Christof looked up and then started to CRY! Calder frowned as the big lug started to sob, face in his hands and just breaking down. Awkward, he patted the boil on his lump and sighed. "You're always sobbing or worked up about something. Geez. You're alive. Well, uh….you are aliveish. You should he happy." But nope! Christof was still sobbing.

Sighing, Calder reached back to see if he could give the boil a stick to write in the sand and tell him why he was crying, but then noticed he had no sticks. Wait. WHAT?! Patting his hair, he ran his hands through it and found that it was CLEAN! STUPID SEA THROWING HIM ABOUT AND MAKING HIS HAIR CLEAN! Sure, it smelled of the ocean, but now there wasn't any dirt, random insects or twigs. The ocean sucked!

Frowning, he patted his friend on the back once more. "Can you tell me why you're upset? Write in the sand. See." Calder leaned in and made a smile face.

C:

"Was being washed up on shore that bad?"

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:57 pm
Wobbling, Christof sniffed as his friend tried to console him and groggily attempted to make sense of what he was saying. Alive? Had the other ships gone down as well? Tentatively, he reached to give the Kelpie a pat to the shoulder in thanks, wiping his nose on his bare arm before reaching a trembling hand to scrawl out in the sand:

She's dead and I couldn't save her! Eaten! Dead and eaten!
Followed by a small sad doodle of a small tentacled shape.

Explaining seemed to upset him even more, his uneven shoulders shaking once again.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:03 pm
When Jove finally washed ashore, he was one dispirited little puppy. He had not been as lucky as some of his boat-mates, having slipped off the squid-bridge and into the tumultuous waves. He had doggie paddled in the direction of the island, somehow managing to avoid being swept underwater entirely, or back out to sea. Although he had no fear of dying again, the whole ordeal scared him worse than the first squid attack.

Once he felt soft sand under his bare feet, Jove paddled a bit harder until he could kneel on all fours in the shallows and scramble up to collapse on the sand. After a minute he got to his feet. And it was shaky. Swimming in the thrashing waves of the ocean was very different from a calm swimming pool...

The puppy took a minute to look around, peering between his soaked bangs to take in the darkness, fog, and... a light in the mist. His nose told him there was something burning. It was just a tiny scent compared to the water and mineral sand, but after snorting so much water during his frightening swim, Jove was relieved to smell something that suggested an end to the cold and wet. He started walking towards the light, in hopes he would meet up with his boat-mates, not aware that it wasn't just his boat that had resulted in an... unfortunate end.

((Grey's Profile))  

Grey Dragon

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:05 pm
Calder leaned in, watching Christof calm down enough to write. When he first read that he was upset some ghoul was dead, he wondered who. Was it Morrigan, the ghoul he locked lips with? Or maybe it was….and then Christof confirmed it. There were few ghouls Christof would get up this upset over, and Riley was one of them. When he thought of her being dead though, he tried to keep from smiling, but his eyes sparkled. Dead. Riley was dead! Oh, that was such a nice thought, but he frowned. Christof was going back to crying again, and Calder huffed. "I'm sure she's not dead. There are a lot of students here. I saw them when walking over. Had to walk through a group that was talking. Seems people are alive. I'm sure she is. I mean, she's not that easy to kill. I'm not that lucky." He patted the boil for a moment. "Stay here and watch Yaya. Get the rest of that water out." He said, and made to rise.

Honestly, he liked the idea of Riley face down in the waves, in some pool being eaten by fish before sharks came and tore her to pieces. Just as he entertained that idea, he noticed he didn’t even have to get up, and sat back down. "She's like a radioactive cockroach." He told Christof, before pointing behind them. "She's not dead. See?"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:11 pm
It wasn't hard to find a place for sitting on a barren sprawl of rocky beach, and thus, Elaphe wasted little time on his lone venture. All he needed was a stone with some flat plane on it, which he even attempted to 'dust off' in some preparation for sitting before he did just that, sliding off his knapsack almost as quickly as he'd shouldered it to place the thing by his foot. The turtle seemed vaguely more lucid by then, if its lack of gaping was any sign of coherence, and hesitantly, he... mumbled something like reassurance to it under his breath.

He hated looking soft in public, but leaving it there was just out of the question. He'd been the one to kick it out of a puking fish's guts, after all, and maybe, just maybe, the little Nguruvilu felt a weird sort of... kinship, with the thing. They were both small stranded in unfamiliar territory, dazed and confused, without really knowing a soul there.

Of course, he still recognized faces at a distance, and perhaps he was even taking a discrete headcount when nobody looked his way. He'd picked out the rabbit girl already, and now, the Kelpie who'd been eyeing him during too many fishing ventures, and even that small... dog boy, was he? Maybe he even knew their names if he thought hard enough, but that didn't matter. They were off on their own ventures in their own circles, and he had his rock. And his knapsack.

And his... turtle.

Or the turtle. He wasn't sure if "owning" the box made it his.

"... So, you think we're gonna die here?" he asked it, clearly rhetorical, and yet still he inclined one ear a little more towards it.

The turtle just stared at him in stupefaction, sluggishly recoiled its neck, and let loose with the slowest sneeze he'd ever witnessed.

Hanyousblood

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:31 pm
((I haven't yet hit my 4 post mark...so will proceed to do so here before posting up my minipets profile~))

This was just fantastic. No, really. He'd spent the better part of the last week on board a ship, puking his guts out, only to finally start feeling better...just before the damn thing ran aground. Gasping and spitting sea water onto the sand, Aedan crawled the rest of the way out of the water as quickly as he could--he was exhausted, and truthfully wanted to do nothing more than sleep...however, he didn't think that was a great idea. Especially not near so much water.

Looking around, he pushed soaked bangs out of his eyes, legs shaking with fatigue as he slowly got to his feet. Looking around, he spotted a few sets of footprints in the sand. At least I'm not the only one, apparently, to make it off the ship in one piece. he noted with relief, some almost-buried sense of panic easing. Without any grace whatsoever, he made his way in the direction the other footsteps led. Hopefully I'll dry off fairly quickly, too... he thought, grimacing. Fire and water did not mix well.  
{ Completed Events } -------- Past Event Archives Here

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff