Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Saying the word "fa**ot" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Missy Murderess

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,050 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:19 am
Arthuritis592
MissDemeter
I happen to be a huge fan of cursing, my father even calls me his little sailor! But I dislike the word f*****t and f**. Well, f** as in cigarette is fine. But I use queer, dyke, lesbo, homo and all that in good fun with my friends. Most of my friends are straight, and I'm bisexual. Sometimes if one of them will hug me, I'll push them off and say "Get off me, lesbo!" And they know I'm joking.

But if someone said something like that and they weren't LGBT, (I'm including Allies in that) I would be extremely offended. Double standard, whatevs.

This is a social issue. For men, the popular anti-gay statement is, "No Homo" which is very similar to your, "Get off me, lesbo." The reason why we say this is because we are insecure with a situation or a person (or ourselves) and to society says that it's all a big joke. I don't think it is; it's associating certain behaviors with being homosexual and others with being heterosexual. We try to separate the two so much, but that's not what sexuality is. If I enjoy a hug from a guy friend, that doesn't mean that I'm sexually stimulated by it; If I hug a girl, that doesn't mean I'm automatically turned off by it. It bothers me when we try to box ourselves in like that.

*Edit* By the way, the only word that I know I shouldn't say is retarded and I'm working on not saying it anymore.

And you shouldn't say lame or dumb. Lame=unable to walk dumb=unable to talk. But you see, when people use those words like "that's gay" they don't mean it against gays the word has just evolved.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:08 am
I use f** and dyke all the time. Then again, I curse a lot. In many languages.
I must say it bothers me if someone who isn't gay, or at least bi or really close to a gay person uses those words. It seems a bit crass.  

MissDarc

Miruku Taikoro

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:54 pm
I find the word f a g g o t offensive when its used in reference to insulting someone who is homosexual or something related of the sort. I try not to say that word. In my book f a g means a male who fails at life. Lol.

Also I find the n word offensive. sweatdrop so. . . yeah x3 I don't like racial slurs of any sort. I believe you should respect a persons race and sexuality, and not persecute them for it with insulting epithets such as f a g g o t, or flamer, or wet-back, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:12 am
bothers me. so i rarely use it.  

The-banned-Darksoul

Malevolent Lunatic

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:22 am
I don't use it because it bothers other people.

But on a personal level, it doesn't bother me at all. Words rarely do.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:20 pm
I don't use it at all. I don't like being called one, even playfully, and I don't call other that either.

As for the correlation to the N word... I think that word shouldn't be used at all either. Plus it never, EVER, has made sense to me that I can and others black people can call me the N word, but you can't because you don't have the same skin tone as me.

Also, when you make a word exclusive, it just makes more people wanna be in on it and go around saying it.

It's just all around rude, in my opinion.  

JisatsuYume

xXxAutumnxLeafxXx

Shirtless Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:03 am
Pht, it's fine. I joke around with my friends a lot like that. Except we call them "gay boys" and we're all laughing. No one takes it offensively or anything.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:38 am
At my seminar here in Berkeley, we've talked about the use of the word f*****t and similar words. Many asserted the fact that the power that belongs to words is given to it when we allow it, so in virtue using the word f*****t is acceptable.

I don't use it just because of the negative connotations it has in general society. As for whether or not gays can use it towards each other, that's really just like calling your friend a b***h playfully.. but I won't debate it because that's their social style and not mine.

It's just when you use it towards a gay person with malicious intent does its meaning carry extra power.  

Ovine Shrimp

jadebeast10

5,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:30 pm
hell yes, agreeing with people is my favorite pass-time. xd

Okay, i'm using one of my Ex-Friends as an example, me and him would yell swear words at eachother, that's what we'd do, but when i told him i was gay, he started using f**got as an insult to me, because he was angry. personally i don't care, but don't use it as an insult, or i'll kick you in the face with a knife.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:42 pm
I really don't like the word. I don't like saying it, I don't like hearing it, I don't like reading it, I don't like writing it. It's an ugly word. There are a few ugly words that I don't like to express and not all of them have negative connotations. I just really don't like that word. *shrugs*  

ToZion

FeenixPhyre18

Tipsy Smoker

6,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:37 pm
ToZion
I really don't like the word. I don't like saying it, I don't like hearing it, I don't like reading it, I don't like writing it. It's an ugly word. There are a few ugly words that I don't like to express and not all of them have negative connotations. I just really don't like that word. *shrugs*

I feel the same way. Most of my friends are gay guys and I hate when i hear people say the F word. Its rude and hateful  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:38 pm
Whenever I hear "f**" nowadays, I now think of it in the British definition of the word. "God Hates Fags" is now a radical anti-smoking campaign to me.

But seriously, I don't like hearing it being used insultingly because of the implications within that suggest that homosexuality is "bad."  

Serverus Snope

Anxious Noob

luckylee218

2,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:50 am
Personally, I don't like the word and I don't use it unless referring to cigarettes. The only time I've used it was as a point blank way of saying "stop smoking".

Though, on the other hand I'll use dyke to mean a powerful woman with attitude. It's one word where we've pretty much reclaimed unlike the F word. There's far too much history behind that word.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:43 am
Merr, I use it when joking with friends, but never in a serious way...  

Akuma Dulcet

Ogyshi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:17 pm
I use the word f*****t to refer to firewood, or a match.
I also call my boyfriend a f*****t sometimes, but not as much as he calls me one.
My tongue got a little bit dirtier since I moved out on my own. I'm not proud.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff