Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Cosplaying Outside of Cons Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WHUT?
  I'd do it too.
  Your gonna get a lot of stares.
  You crazy foo.
View Results

Noahs Ark Circus

3,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:34 am
CreepyShadows
YEs i cosplay for the heck of it!!!

I run through the mall where my cosplays! its sooooo funny!!!
i crack up to where i cry of the looks i get. i get ppl pulling there kids away like i gonna bite them

OMG I do that too!!! : D  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:52 am
Well, this Halloween, I dressed like Toad from Mario Brothers and walks about Downtown Richmond. There's no ego boost like folks recognizing you in the street and calling out "Sup, Toad?"

Oh, and you're gonna take pics, right? 3nodding  

RyanJakobi

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

cuvier

Fashionable Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:42 am
I cosplay out of cons quite often with my friend.
A few weeks ago I was L and she was Near, and we went to our anime club at the library. We stayed in cosplay for the whole time when we went to a dunkin donuts. Upon entering the library, a 9 or 10 year old stops us and says "Wow, your hair is really awesome!". We said that they're wigs, and headed upstairs to read. Then around 15 min. later, this kid comes again with his friends and an older girl (who we found out was a sophomore.) By then we had taken the wigs off, and the kid told her, "Look, they're the ones who wore wigs!" She asked us if we did that every day, and we said, sometimes, then she said "Well, if I did that where I lived, I'd be laughed and kicked out of the place." We laughed, and said that it's fun. She asks what school we go to, and then we say we're going to _____ school next year. She says "Hey, I go to that school, and there is freshman beat up day every year. You don't know when it's gonna happen, it just does. Course, they know not to mess with me cuz I'll mess them up." We just kind of stared at her, and I was getting annoyed at that point, and then she points at my friend's Naruto headband and says "I have that one in blue."

That day was just really strange, but it's fun to cosplay outside of cons!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:00 pm
Cosplaying out of cons is always a good time.  

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

Best Painted Lullaby

4,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:22 pm
Omg i just love doing that. once i went to the mall and ended hooking with like 10 people also dressed in cosplay i dident even know. we romed the mall together and everyone looked at us weird, but no one dare mess with us cause there were so many of us. xD and i have also been to multple restaraunts in different cosplays. i mean hey i have gotten many weird looks, but who cares i have also gotten alot of "oh, wow! your so cute!"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:17 pm
I don't go out of my way to cosplay in public. I don't feel embarrased when I cross the boreder in cosplay or go out to eat in a cosplay. I like doing things like that on the way to the con. smile

Sometimes my friends and I just dress up in our cosplays at home and chill. but that's in the privacy of our homes.

We want to go ice skating in cosplay to get a few photos. and we also would like to sit on santas lap.

I belive to cosplay in school is rediculous. There is a time and place to cosplay. I belive school isn't
the time unless it's halloween or a anime club meet up thing.  

cannibalistic watermelon

Ashta Nightrayne

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:27 am
I have cosplayed in and out of cons several times. Because when I was still in school, on spirit week is when I cosplayed, we had a strict dress code...
Then the times out of school I have cosplayed several times, to the mall, to anime events held by F.Y.E., Halloween, or just because!
It is really fun when you cosplay out in public, because you can get random comments from people.
I cosplayed Misa Misa on the trip to an FYE event and stopped by a gas station to get something to drink and 8 year-old kid asked if I was the lady that killed people with a notebook.
Another time was going down to New Orleans for a cosplay picnic, I was Tifa Lockhart for FFVII:AC, stoped by the wal-mart before hand by a 5 year-old hugging me saying I was the lady in his kingdom hearts game that through that BIG picture off the wall! His older brother managed to pry him off me and in turn gave me a hug telling me how awesome I was. LoL.
Recently, I was dressed a Byakuya Kuchki and went to wal-mart before a photo shoot. Ran into a Naruto cosplayer, alright a cheap imitation of one. But ran into one and I got more fans out of the whole wal-mart that knew of the serises. (Mostly workers xD)  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:52 pm
As Soon As I Get My Konata Cosplay, To The Shops I Go.

I Love Getting Weird Stares. :'D

Stray Pikachu

DoktorJackal

Lonely Phantom

11,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:10 am
My Shikakusho and Akatsuko coat are both so comfortable I just wear them like normal clothes. My school had a uniform, and at the time I already got enough crap for the way my hair was, so even if I could have I probably wouldn't. I've never gotten mean looks out in the city though, maybe school kids are just douche bags.
My Trucy outfit is a bit more uncomfortable though, especially when you're trying to wear it in high winds and heavy rain.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:15 am
I've worn it to school before. After about the fourth time, either people didn't care anymore, or i got used to the stares and didn't notice them as much.  

Pearlescent Priestess

Bashful Healer

18,200 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Battle: Cleric 100

Dersa Flutterbye

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:31 am
Since I'm a beginning cosplayer, I don't have costumes. But once I get some costumes made, I will be wearing them as much as possible. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:50 pm
I cosplay outside of cons all the time, I do it every weekend with friends or sometimes by myself, last time I cosplayed it was at the movie theater X3  

AnimeWolf Alchemist

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:01 pm
Scientifically Erotic
Anyone ever cosplayed just for the heck of it? Nothing really involved like a con or meet up? Just randomly throwing something on and walking to the grocery store ever happen to you? Tell us your stories or ideas here. ^_^

So next Friday a bunch of Japanese School girls are coming to my school to stay with some host families for the weekend. (which I think is a terribly short time) I told my friend who adores school girls because of the fact you usually only see them in series. XD So I was invited by a friend to come along to bowling with them after school. I told my other friend and asked if she'd like to come. She said she'd dress as a school girl if she did and then she outburst with "No I'll wear cosplay! We should both wear cosplay! They'll understand what we're doing." I was like "They might even know what series it is." XD

Does this seem like a good idea? To randomly go hang with a bunch of school girls while wearing cosplay and your bowling? cool
heck yeah School girls r hot especially Japanese ones cuz there cute and hot.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:30 pm
I have never really cosplayed anything outside a con cept be4 and after and during at food places. All I have is the Holy uniform from Scryed. I would like 2 cosplay though outside a Con but only if it is an epic cosplay. LOL when I met my friend 4 the first time at school I was playing Yugioh cards on the bench and he was in his Ash cosplay looking at his Pokedex and playing with his Pikachu plush.  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Orihime_Inone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:36 am
I love cosplay outside of cons. Its so much fun! When I together with my cosplay buddies we cosplay. Also I have cosplay at school twice and people were stareing me I didn't not care.  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff