Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ennokni

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:15 pm
Tonberry Crunch
ChaosTorrent
The door in the house of some old man in R/S that is closed and will not open.

I always wanted to know what that was for.

R/S = Ruby/Sapphire

Wasn't that a room you could enter if you used an e-Reader card? Like those cards with trainers on them, that's where those trainers would be in the game. I'm just about 90% positive on that. Also, I 30% remember doing such a thing.

Also, wasn't there a room with stand-in's for a bunch of the developers, and one of 'em would tell you to talk to him again after getting all the Pokemon? What happened if you actually accomplished such a goal?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:30 pm
That Tails Doll Myth is pretty ******** stupid.  

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:40 pm
Ennokni
Also, wasn't there a room with stand-in's for a bunch of the developers, and one of 'em would tell you to talk to him again after getting all the Pokemon? What happened if you actually accomplished such a goal?

In the first-gen, I got a certificate. I haven't accomplished it with the other games, but I hear you still get a certificate. I also hear you get rare pokémon in the Japanese games, but I can't confirm this.

Another myth that just occurred to me was the 'hold A+B+down when you throw a pokéball and it turns into a masterball' myth I know we've all heard.

@Aus-e: I was told by someone that if you beat the Elite Four 32 times Oak would tell you that he was getting tired of registering you and that you could do it yourself. You were supposed to examine a crack in the top-left corner of the room, and you'd find Secret City. Apparently, you could trade a Magikarp for a Mew there.

I'm pretty sure he got Secret City mixed up with Glitch City.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:49 am
Zephyrkitty
Ennokni

In the first-gen, I got a certificate. I haven't accomplished it with the other games, but I hear you still get a certificate. I also hear you get rare pokémon in the Japanese games, but I can't confirm this.

Another myth that just occurred to me was the 'hold A+B+down when you throw a pokéball and it turns into a masterball' myth I know we've all heard.

@Aus-e: I was told by someone that if you beat the Elite Four 32 times Oak would tell you that he was getting tired of registering you and that you could do it yourself. You were supposed to examine a crack in the top-left corner of the room, and you'd find Secret City. Apparently, you could trade a Magikarp for a Mew there.

I'm pretty sure he got Secret City mixed up with Glitch City.

Yeah, I'll add a small section on the instant masterball myth.

And he definitely didn't get the glitch city mixed up with a secret one. I remember exactly how to access glitch city to this day and it has nothing to do with the elite four. neutral

Added Instant Master Ball Section  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

Tonberry Crunch

7,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:12 am
Press buttons when you throw a pokeball?

I HOLD MY BREATH.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:07 am
A+B+DOWN!!!
Never tried it myself, though...  

misternitsua

IRL Feeder

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

P3333NICE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:14 am
I always found that rapidly tapping select after you through the pokeball almost always guarantees a catch but maybe that's just my luck.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:39 am
I have always mashed B+down. ALWAYS.  

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:58 am
I've often found myself pressing A+B+Down whenever I try to catch a Pokemon, but I always thought it merely increased your chances of catching it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:03 pm
Alex as a playable character in the Golden Sun series, or the myth of Golden Sun 3.  

Zylo Allouette

6,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:05 pm
L is real is out. cool  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:12 pm
I found pokeballs like godly in R/S. They worked better than Ultra, Great, Net, etc.  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:44 pm
I thought everyone knew it says "Eternal Star" or something like that?

I mean, Luigi's not playable, so it has to mean something else. And at this point, you might as well just play SM64 DS.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:14 pm
NintendOmega
And he definitely didn't get the glitch city mixed up with a secret one. I remember exactly how to access glitch city to this day and it has nothing to do with the elite four. neutral

I remember how to get there, too. I'm thinking more along the lines of he heard of another city and some myth regarding the Elite Four and thought that they went together.

@Wayne: Not if you find a copy of SM64 for $8. cool  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash