Back to Guilds

Reply Sanctuary: The Poets and Writers Escape
Mindless Chatter Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Befuddle:
  To muddle or stupefy with or as if with alcoholic drink.
  To cause to be unclear in mind or intent.
View Results

Winters Serenade

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:57 pm
I Haven't Either. >.> You Don't Want To Know The Subject Now.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:58 pm
I could read back xD But, your right I probably do not want to know so...yeah ._.'  

Strawberry Rai

Winters Serenade

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:55 am
Yes...This Subject Is A Little Out Of Hand... ._. And Not Good For Most Of Our Thoughts Either. ^^;  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:07 am
*twitch*
Edward Cullen...

Ponderments
Vice Captain

Winters Serenade

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:02 pm
What About The Smexy Vamp? ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:40 pm
AHHHH!! *twitch* Edward Cullen! surprised surprised surprised  

Strawberry Rai

Ponderments
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:19 pm
I just don't understand the fascination with vampire romance.
Their ultimate high is blood, why would they need companionship? I simply disagree with the logic used to create the stories.
Although, in truth, I shouldn't speak, for I have never read the book, and from what I've heard of it, I probably never will.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:35 pm
Have you heard the saying, "Don't judge a book by it's cover?"well, for someone in this guild with a strong ardence for literature should not be judging a romance novel based off of bias opinions. Quite frankly I am astonished because in the trilogy The vampires do not even cherish the esscence of hume blood so you are ill prepared to begin tossing opinions on a book when you don't even have your details aligned and incorperated accurately, so please stop with the false negitivity, I sincerely resent that. >.<  

Strawberry Rai

Winters Serenade

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:35 pm
*I All Of A Sudden Feel Like An Abandoned Kitten Myself. ;_;* Um...It's A Good Book, And I Remember Once When I Hadn't Read It Yet, I Thought It Was Boring..Until I Flipped A Few Pages, And Was Amazed...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:58 pm
*sigh*
You're acting like I just insulted your mother.
I was simply stating my opinion, with the slight hope that you would better explain the book to me, yet all I receive are insults.
I'm surprised my words bothered you so. Of course, that may be a good thing; you're passionate about the writing, further indicating the impressive impact it seems to have had on you (along with many others). And, while your negativity towards my comment is a bit off putting, it's nice to see that some people are willing to fight for what they believe in.
In all honesty, I'm not sold. It may be a good book in itself, but my opinion remains unswayed. I simply dislike vampire romances (as I clearly stated). I was not speaking simply of the one book, but in vampire romance's in general. Twilight may be good, but it's not my thing, it's unfortunate that it bothers you so, but it's a peeve of mine, one unlikely to change.
I didn't mean for the subject to get so out of hand, I didn't mean it badly (to your or the writer), I was simply stating my opinion.
In the future, I hope you can manage to respect that.

Ponderments
Vice Captain

Strawberry Rai

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:13 am

I simply condem hatred towards debates over distances, tones and emotions are always misconsrtued.
I was not speaking down twoards you, nor were my words aimed with rudeness I can assure you I am not the type, I was just saying you 'simply' posess an opinion with such bias information. What you most rudely condemn against this genre, and how you censure such strong hatred in witness to people who actually enjoy these types of novels doest offend me. I am 'simply' disheartened. you listen closely, in the future I hope that you can mange to give your hands a hindering gesture before typing in unwanted opinions, did you ever stop to think and say these are fans, they probably don't want to hear this critisim, and disrespect indicating that you are breewing incoherence towards the fans, and I would further respect you if you actually read the book, or at least the three scentance description, before giving 'modest' and unneassacary opinions. If you want a better foreshadow insituated about the book, why don't you bother reading the Literature Discussion? Or simply ask instead of jumping to conclusions? Unless you are utterly disabled to I might as well give further indication, if you bother to read the post and not talk back about me giving my opinions as well. Thank you,

I am only speaking for myself though, because what I feel may not be what others feel and I respect that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:18 am
OOOOH

YIPPEEEEE

TRASHY VAMPIRE ROMANCE NOVEL FANS!!!

YAAAAYYY!!!

Weeeel, you know, since y'all brought up the subject and everything...

So, here's my opinion.

Twilight encouraged the break of a new era of blood crazed teens being turned on by monsters, whom were further brought about by a creepy old black and white film about a blood sucking monster who lived in a pathetic mansion with his hair gelled back and giant fangs. Sexy. Now teenagers and ignorant young women all over the place are being drawn into its trap, and are no doubt jacking off to the thought of some 'vampire', (a mythical creature, mind you). If there was a real vampire in your house right now, you would not swoon and invite him up to your bedroom. You would grab your Jesus cross, call the cops, and scream bloody ******** murder. Why? Because, were vampires real, they would no doubt love to feast on lovelusty women, young and old. Additionally, vampires were originally supposed to scare small children, I mean.. they're monsters. Now there's all this about romance? I scoff in its general direction. It has besmudged the good name of vampire pulp. For shame.

Not to say anything about the writer, she was probably pulled into it by all the other people who brought it up. Not to mention, she's probably a genius if she could get millions of deluded children to read her books. Good marketing.

OOOHHH. And we might further respect you if you could get your grammar right ^^ additionally, if Sam's opinions were so unwanted, maybe you should just shut that trap of yours. I mean, seriously, we don't care if you are a fan. Did you ever consider that maybe you're dealing with haters and they don't want to listen to your criticism?

anyhoodinanies, that's my opinion

Filthy Pervert
Captain

Dapper Tycoon

4,150 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Strawberry Rai

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:31 am
redface ...Opinion accepted, I sincerley apologize. I will no longer stoop to your level and begin to insult you...I really wasn't trying to be mean, and I am terribly terribly sorry you took it that way...I will work on my grammar, sorry I am not perfect...I was simply trying to defend my likes as you were trying to defend your opinions. I am really sorry and I feel terrible you took it as a right to insult me, those weren't my intentions! I hope you don't think I am a cruel and terrible person...Sorry... cry

Even thought I am against fighting, and this is out of my league...
Wait, why should I give a ******** what you think when your miles away mouthing off to me?! My friends are right I have to bend the rules and I am going to defend myself and spell every god damn word wrong if I want! You have no right to talk to me the way you are! Why should I give a ******** if you think I am a good person as long as I know I am! Quite frankly, you are acting more immature than I am right now, and I know your not a cruel person. I can't take this! Why are you doing this to me?! I am not going to sit here and cry anymore...YOU DON'T ******** KNOW ME!!! and now I am taking your sorry a** down! You don't mess with me that way anymore! You want to mess with me your going to get it back ten fold now, b***h! Your sister is the one who started it now too! Again, right now my intentions aren't to hurt you...right now I am defending myself because I know now I shouldn't give a ******** what you thing! LEAVE ME ALONE!! I will no longer accept your critisim, I am tired of being pushed around by people like you!!! ******** OFF!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:50 am
Mindless...EH?

Lolly, lolly, lolly get your adverbs here!

It all started with a poorly timed bald joke!

Yes, there are gay Ninjas.  

x_Lava_x

Dapper Gaian

ForbiddenxFruit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:58 am
To the ones who are conflicting eachother, nock it off! you guys are both going against your opinions! and quit giving Rai a hard time for defending herself, after all Ponderments started it. Make love not war!! whee  
Sanctuary: The Poets and Writers Escape

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff