I don't listen to evolution in science class. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dcaff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:05 pm
Night WingsFtty
I feel it's against God, and sort of racist. So I don't listen to it.

My parents' said I can just walk out of the class if I want.

My apologies if someone had already mentioned this. I skimmed through and didn't see it but I may have missed it.

Have you ever read "The case for a creator" by Lee Strobel? It is a good book by a guy who was an athiest looking for scientific proof as to whether or not the universe was created by a creator or something altogether devoid of intelligent intervention. He went into it with an open mind, not feeling as though he had to prove either side and came to the conclusion that science only aids the proof of God's existence.

I think as Christians a lot of times we tend to look at science as evil and that is what makes the book so refreshing. You wind up just in awe of creation itself and its unimaginable precision and you see that science really just reaffirms His presence. In any case, it speaks about Darwin's theories on evolution and addresses many questions about it. I found it interesting and helpful, so it may be worth your time to check out! If you don't want to read it, there's also a one hour documentary on it that you can get. In fact, I know you can even get that one on things like Netflix.

P.S. I understand that the thought may be offensive and yes the theory of Evolution certainly in many ways defies what Scripture tells us, however, the world is full of ideas and concepts that oppose God. We don't need to be defensive and up in arms over it. One day all that is true will be plain to the whole world and no one will have an argument or an excuse anymore. Trust that God promised us that time would come...it really will! People who don't have a relationship with God will by nature do things that oppose him! We did it too before we were believers and in fact, we still do many things that are against his will! BUT he's working on us and tranforming us from glory to glory, remember? Anyways, we need to be gracious and patient and long suffering with those who disagree with us. You don't need to feel attacked by what others say. God holds the truth. He holds you too so no worries!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:06 pm
Just read the rest of the posts...dang it is gettin' ugly up in here! sad  

Dcaff

GreerMerle

Dapper Gaian

1,600 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:26 pm
I think that you should listen even though its against God. If anything, you may learn where other people are coming from.
Dont write people off as stupid for believing it, either. If we didnt have God, what would we believe? Think about it, dont just answer "not that crap" right away.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:31 pm
Firstly, tell me how exactly evolution is directly against God?  

divineseraph

GreerMerle

Dapper Gaian

1,600 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:44 pm
thestarthatshines
please people - everyone has their own opinion, but I think everyone here would appreciate if you would state your opinions respectfully. Do you realize that the way you're speaking is close minded as well? If you can stay calm and actually talk, instead of attack,you might just learn something

They're right you know though. You really do need to keep an open mind about all this. No one's saying you have to believe it. But micro evolution is perfectly true. Macro however . . .well, we really don't have any evidence to prove that, and I just think it's plain stupid.
YiJu's right, just answer your tests and homework that way. Study your bible, but also at least pay attention in class, you gain more respect that way. besides, if I'm not mistaken, God told us int he bible to know what we were up against so that we can combat it better, instead of looking like idiots.

Also, this forum is for Christians and non-Christians alike, so please be respectful. Bitterness never got anyone anywhere.(that goes for all of you)

Yeah, people. Be respectful. I know its over-used, and therefore you groan every time you hear it, but treat others how you want to be treated. I cant believe I just said that.

I think that there has definately been evolution to some degree, but God definately had a role in it. He created all things, but of course they'll change and adapt to the earth. Thats the base of evolution, right? Adaptation? Yeah...

Also, dont ever call Darwin an idiot. I am a part of a Christian family (yay!) and my dad has read Darwin's Origin of the Species. He would know, therefore, that Darwin never said that God did not start things off, or anything of the sort. In fact, the last page of the book (I think) Darwin says something about how beautiful it would be if a Creator (yes, it is a capital C) created some living creatures and they blossomed off into many.

^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:14 pm
Since this topic has turned into another evolution/creation debate, I would prefer this subject be taken up in the Debate Discussion forum. You'll notice a sticky has been created there for discussion on the subject.

Also, I request that all members watch your language in direct reference to other people. Name-calling is certainly not a way to progress a discussion.

Thank you.  

Ablazed
Captain

Tsukasa_satoru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:08 pm
listen, its good to get to no the other point of veiw. Now im not saying its wrong, but the more u know about it, th emore u can defend your own point. dont just be so stubborn as to say tht its wrong and u dont care. get to know more about what it is about and understand how it is wrong. even though i ama christian, you have to think about why people choose to beleive in evolution. Learn what is it about? Where did it originat from, those kind of things. Its the old, "keep your friends close, but enemies closer" type thing, ya know.(Rom 10:14)(Matt 10:19-20)  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:11 pm
Even if you STRONGLY don't believe in evolution... you can still learn about it. Just because you're learning about it doesn't mean you have to agree with everything :S  

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200

Night WingsFtty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:26 am
It's funny how everyone is offended by what I'm saying.

You guys' don't believe in the Bible's story of creation.

What are you doing on a Christian forum if you don't believe in Christianity?

I guess it's the "cool," or "rebel," thing to believe in evolution these days. Or your friends (idiotically) think it's the "in" thing to do. Where do you live?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:18 am
Night WingsFtty

I guess it's the "cool," or "rebel," thing to believe in evolution these days. Or your friends (idiotically) think it's the "in" thing to do. Where do you live?

I live in Cincinnati, Ohio, and I don't think it's "cool" to believe in Evolution. Why would it be "cool" to believe something such as that? There's nothing cool about it. It's just what people believe. In fact, If being cool means doing the wrong thing, I don't do it. I'm probably the 3rd most religious person I know that's my age (know, not heard of), even if I'm definitely not that great of a person in my opinion.

And I haven't been offended by what you've said until now, and why is it so funny that we're getting offended. It would appear you are too.

As for not believing the Bible's story of creation, that's my choice. How dare you say that I'm not Christian because I don't believe in Creationism?  

Bane Ad Vitam

Bane Ad Vitam

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:19 am
Dcaff
Just read the rest of the posts...dang it is gettin' ugly up in here! sad

It sure is Dcaff.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:48 am
Night WingsFtty

Of course I'm getting offended, you keep generalizing and saying I'm not a Christian! People like you get under my skin almost more than anyone else.

I do not believe in evolution. I am a Creationist, and I am I Christian. I do not thing that Evolution is "cool" or "in" - if it was, I wouldn't believe in it anyways, as I despise trends.
I live in NC. Don't you dare generalize like that and presume to tell people what they are and what they aren't. If there was anyone who wasn't a Christian here, I'd say it was you. Throughtout the whole Bible we're constantly reminded not to judge, which is exactly what you're doing missy. You don't act very Christian like at all.

I appologize for being waspish, but I'm annoyed. u_u  

Tarantellatears

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:50 am
I shouldn't of said that, as it wasn't very Christian like of me. But I'm not taking it back either.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:56 am
You heard the lady: take it to the debate subforum. I probably should have stepped in sooner myself, but so it goes.

Oh, and I told you all to stop feeding the troll. Stop. Feeding. The. Troll.  

Tarrou

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces