Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:01 pm
@King -> Of course! Though Amityville Academy recommends keeping said laptop locked and secured so no one walks off with it! It may be advised to write "Pepin's Room" on the cover of it. In addition, Amityville Staff is not responsible if someone steals the power supply cable that powers it up.

@Sally -> The smithy is mostly used for Reapers who have bladed weapons and wish to sharpen them. If a student does not know how to operate the equipment, there are staff members there working the Smithies who would be more than happy to sharpen and polish a reaper's weapon for them -- just be sure to tip them!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:51 am
Wheee bulding off of an old question:

Marushii
This isn't to say that Malodore is unable to perform experiments -- it can very easily take its experiments off to the science lab and use them under the watchful eye of a science teacher NPC or several science/medical inclined gnomes.

So. Speaking of science labs and things... XD How does one go about requesting use of a laboratory room ICly? Mal needs one for the rebuilding-Amrita's-body plotline (already approved). <3 Can we just say that they get to use a small laboratory with a surly medical gnome in one corner to supervise, or do we need to make a formal IC request?  

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:29 am
Your preference~ if you'd like to RP it out then you can ship a PM asking the mule about it, or if you'd like to handwave it that's fine too. <3  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:37 am
Marushii
Your preference~ if you'd like to RP it out then you can ship a PM asking the mule about it, or if you'd like to handwave it that's fine too. <3

Cool, thanks! XD I think I'll handwave it, just to make things easier. :>  

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Hes a Trap

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:31 pm
I was wondering if this was possible for a Valkyrie or Grim reaper (kind of on the face)?
Fear
Yla: Jin can’t actually use his weapon it is far too weak to cause anybody serious damage. It can’t even shift properly yet maybe a wing or the beak will shift but that is about it. Their clan is known for fire and if a proper shift (into a dagger where the handle looks like scales and the blade like a metal bird’s wing) it can burn (first degree) the opponent. Mostly he uses his fighting skills rarely will he use the chain (links the two of them together since it is an invisible chain) to trap or trip his opponent.
Weakness: The blade is still to weak to shift so the chances of it being successful is 80 to 20. The chances of a partially successful shift are around the same. He is more likely to use his body then use his chain

weapon history

(More to come maybe)
Jin’s clan has a tradition of creating their own weapons from other creatures and binding its soul to them so that they are stronger. The weapon tends to have a strong bond with the wielder and they don't show the normal shape. Yla is his own and all but it is still too young to cause damage to anyone. Appearance: Colors of the lucifer hummingbird, size of the terrible terror, has feathery wings and feathery tip tail. Lucifer Hummingbirdand terrible terror

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:27 am
In my opinion, binding a soul to a weapon is WAAAAAAY too close to what the Hunters to for it to be considered acceptable for a Reaper. In addition, Reaper weapons cannot change shape/size/etc what have you -- that's another thing that's Hunter only. A Reaper weapon comes as-is, and can only be upgraded. When it's not in use, it's stored in their dorm room -- a Reaper can summon their weapon at will, etcetc.

I don't understand how or why a weapon would shift? It's possible to have a bird themed weapon, but to actually have it be sentient/another creature at one point is too close to being a Hunter. To be perfectly honest, the character does sound more like a Hunter than Reaper.

Otherwise, please do NOT figure out or make up dice rules for your Fear. I have that covered -- all Fear will fit under certain categories that have premade dice/statistics in order to keep the system as balanced and fair as possible.  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:13 am
This kind of follows up on Pach's questions about using parents/family NPCs. For Malodore's wing-getting plot, I would like to write some flashback scenes to its childhood, in which its family would appear. The scenes would all be written from Malodore's PoV.

These family members will never appear outside of flashbacks - none of them will ever appear in the 'present day'. Would that be okay? n.n  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:00 pm
HaT: were you thinking about the example, where Emily transforms her familiar into a weapon? Please keep in mind that that sort of ability may only be used on familiars, and is not permanent. While the potential to permanently transform other TiHers or TiH creatures into weapons is there, doing so is one of the few actions that can lead to a permanent death sentence within Halloween,

Sosi: Its fine ~  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Hes a Trap

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:40 pm
Thank you Marushii.

Lizbot: I was thinking that but after the advice I got from Marushii I went in a different direction. I also was thinking of something along the lines of Emily.
It would be a temporary transformation only during battle the bird's (what I was going to use) wing would be sharper like a sword.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:11 pm
Since ghosts tend to come from the human world would it be safe to assume that there are like.. organizations, partnerships, things like that set up to help newcoming ghosts into Halloween Town life? Not so much orphanages (I mean unless the ghost was really too young to understand right away) but god parents, foster parents, host families (this was the word I was looking for earlier!!!!) that would take care of them? c:  

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:54 pm
I'm having a hard time deciding what class my Goblin girl can go under -- is it possible that she could pass as a Reaper at all, or does she qualify more for a Monster/Demon position?

I would really love to work with mods if it's at all possible that she could be a Reaper, but other than that, I think maybe Monster?

Thank you in advance heart  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:45 pm
DOUBLE QUESTION TIME (I dont know if Im allowed to edit post, but it is a different subject anyways)

Will there/can there be a student-run newspaper and/or blog??  

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

S a l l y S h e e p

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:48 pm
What happens after taking the exams and being deemed a Knob? Like is there a break to signify a new "year" in the school? Or is the student continuing their daily routine of classes and whatever, but now just under the title of Knob?

And are there any school rules on home visits time length wise?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:39 am
King: yas ~ that's totally kosher

Kanth: a definite no to reaper, but they could go either demon or monster depending on racial abilities. Physical abilities or magic derived from physical attributes would make goblins monsters. Magic that is cast would make goblins fall under the demon race.
We do have one Goblin npc, who does happen to be a monster though, so you'll probably want to spin a different name for the subspecies if you want to go demon.

King: I dream of a player someday making a newspaper or blog. HOT, STEAMY, ROMANTIC DREAMS. THE LIKES OF WHICH MAY NOT BE DESCRIBED ON GAIAONLINE.

Sally: Knobs have the option of taking a nice break, to go visit family or just start seriously considering which direction they want to take their education in. Some do choose to continue taking extra classes during this time, though.

No IC rules, just comeback if you want to go farther in your education. Amityville doesn't believe in dropouts. If worse comes to worse, they drop you, but otherwise your student remains enrolled no matter what for a very long while. But do keep in mind that Hellma does make house-calls.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:02 am
Okay, thank you! I'll definitely change her to Monster, I have no problem with that.

Since there is a goblin NPC, is there a Racial Ability already in place, or can I keep mine that I made up for my quest girl?  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games