Welcome to Gaia! ::

Monster High - Where the ghoul kids rule!

Back to Guilds

An original character roleplay guild set in the world of Monster High! 

Tags: Monster High, Dolls, RPing, Webisodes, Frankie Stein 

Reply Monster High
OOC (out of character) thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 137 138 139 140 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Marceline LaGhede

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:18 pm
Well, good news for me is mom bought me a tablet for my birthday and I'm looking into a mobile hotspot, so I can still post on my lunch breaks and whatnot. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:46 am
Awesome guys! Sorry if i'm being a bit bossy lol.

Anyway I can get on husband's laptop a little but i really hate using it they keyboard is awful. It has a touch pad right in the middle where your hands would rest while typing and it won't deactivate since he upgraded to windows 7, there's no way to stop it working even with a mouse plugged in so my hand lightly brushes it, I realise i've typed the second half of my sentence at the start of my sentence because of it. ARGH. I hate it so much.

So typing is slow and really awkward. I'm gonna see if my keyboard can be plugged in, but i'm not sure there's enough usb slots.

My father said he'd try to bring his own laptop over as well as a cd of xp IF he can find it. If we can get a copy of xp we may be able to do a system restore and fix the corrupt files, otherwise we're looking at a totally clean reinstall which means I lose a fair bit of random data. Most of my stuff is backed up, but not the things I was working on this week which sucks. Still, I think i'd only lose a few days art and writing rather than you know.. all of it.

But this all depends if he can find a copy of XP. I don't want to upgrade to vista or 7 because my tablet isn't compatable with either. I can't afford another A4 bloody wacom, those things are stupid expensive but i'm super reliant of being able to use my current one. It's my mouse pad and my drawng surface, it's been goin strong for almost 10 years now. I love my tablet, I don't want to get rid of it and I can't do anything creative without it. No way am I trying to colour stuff with a mouse, my wrists can't handle that.

So I might be about, but I won't be as able to type a lot without much frustration. I hate this laptop so much. I'll keep you all posted.

Melody! So glad you're alive!  

Ronan Aalto

Willow Whistler

Distinct Informer

3,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:04 am
Hope everything goes well, Ronan!

Welp, ceremony is today. I didn't sleep a wink last night, so hopefully I don't look tired, I'm very nervous though. Wish me luck~!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:40 am
Good luck willow!

OK further update. I still hate this laptop. My father flaked out on me so no fixing of my pc this weekend -_- and my new meds are evil and have messed with me.
I have to go to the hospital this evening for some tests, I dunno, see if it's just a side effect of the meds and i'm ok.

Anyway, i'm not feeling well. I'm woozy, my hands and feet are numb, my lips are numb, if I stand up I feel like i'm gonna faint and I have a headache (then again, I always have a headache. Bah). Might just be my body adjusting to the meds, might be that the meds are too strong (my doctor is a moron and gave me the second strongest bloody dose. No idea why) or could be that i'm having a bad reaction to them and need different meds. Dum de dum.
Either way, i'll hopefully know more this evening. I honestly predict i'll trek all the way to the hospital, they'll make me sit around for several hours, then tell me i'm fine and send me home. That's what usually seems to happen to me. *sigh* So yeah. Then i'll come home and feel stupid for wasting all that time and the money on cab fare etc. Husband won't let me not go though, he said I had to and got all serious face with me so bah.

For the record, numb lips are REALLY annoying and distracting. I can't stop chewing them.  

Ronan Aalto

Ronan Aalto

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:17 pm
and I was right, that was a waste of time not to mention cab fare. *sigh*
Probably side effect of the meds, gotta see if doctor tomorrow has any suggestions. I dunno, maybe i'll just curl up and sleep for a week instead. Bah.

Anyway, hope everyone else is doing better than I am. Don't panic, i'm not about to die or anything nearly so dramatic. but yeah, i'll pop back at some point once I figure out how to solve this laptop issue. I haaate it so much.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:49 am
Storms have knocked out my internet at home; I'll post as soon as I have a good enough connection.  

Draconia St George
Crew

Beloved Friend

Willow Whistler

Distinct Informer

3,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:10 am
Ah, I hate when storms do that, especially when the set up is extremely faulty to begin with where I live. Hopefully it gets fixed soon!

I guess I should update while I'm here. Everything went fine with the ceremony yesterday, aside from me crying from some of my friend's and teacher's farewells (being the emotional dork I am), but on the bright side I'm finally done for good! So that's one issue of mine thankfully gone. uwu  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:32 am
Hope you're safe Drake!

Aww Willow, that's cute.  

Ronan Aalto

Glen da West

Magical Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:28 am
Remember to converge at the Maul after Fangsgiving for Black Frightday! rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:59 am
So maybe it's because i'm not well, maybe it's because i've having a rough week, but i'm really peeved off right now.

This total lack of communication from certain players has reached a point where I think it has to be addressed.
It's RUDE.
Just dropping off the face of the earth means people worry, and that's not fair.

If you can get online (and honestly who the hell can't get online for 30 seconds these days?) you can bloody well tell people you're ok.

If you don't want to be involved in the rp anymore, have the common damn decency to say "I can't devote my time to this any more" so players aren't left hanging.

I'm just done with trying to be understanding or polite. I'm sick of it. It's not the rp, it's the outright RUDENESS that's got me riled up.

I don't want to have to chase people up on stuff, I don't want to have to constantly fight to get people to post stuff THEY claimed they wanted to do. I shouldn't have to chase you people up for an excuse why you went two weeks between posts. COMMUNICATE, how is that hard? Oh you don't have the inspiration? Who cares, just tell people you're alive!

Tori where the hell are you? Athena why are you ignoring me?

Seriously doubt either will read this but christ i'm sick of it. Fed up of the complete disregard for basic courtesy. I don't give a damn how "depressed" you are, you tell people you're not dead in a damn ditch.  

Ronan Aalto

Willow Whistler

Distinct Informer

3,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:51 pm
As I said, I've been gone since there isn't really much my characters can get into right now, I've been waiting for a chance. That, and I've had very little motivation to do anything around here, as I am in fact very depressed around this time of year. I mean...when your entire family has fallen apart around this time of year and you're still having effects from it (I even still get nightmares and haven't been able to sleep well), that's going to happen.

Anyway, my uttermost apologies for not being here more. I am well, just depressed since my entire life started to fall apart around this time of year and I get very upset in the summer anymore because of it. I'd rather not let others here deal with my problems, you know?

I'm sorry.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:00 am
It's ok WIllow, I get what you mean. For me it's March sorta time that I get really blue, for similar reasons.. family drama and angst.
It sucks, particularly as people around you never seem to understand.

Hope you feel better soon.  

Ronan Aalto

Demona MH

Desirable Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:25 pm
Ronan Aalto
It's ok WIllow, I get what you mean. For me it's March sorta time that I get really blue, for similar reasons.. family drama and angst.
It sucks, particularly as people around you never seem to understand.

Hope you feel better soon.

I feel the same way. sweatdrop I just....Dealing with everything its crap im trying to stay online i just dunno what to do in the rp anymore..  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:30 pm
Check "The Ghostly Gossip" thread for a weekly update on the storylines that are going on in the guild. Each weekly update will have links that will take you to the most recent page for that storyline, so you can read up and see what's been happening in the Monster High world.

Aside from that, just like a pool, you can't swim if you don't dive in. Other people need your character to be there, to announce their presence and to acknowledge other characters so they can interact with you. Even a post as simple as "Demona walked down the hallway. She saw her friends standing together and talking, so she came over and said hi" is enough to get the ball rolling.

Forum roleplaying is very reactionary - if you do an action, others will react. If you stand off to the sidelines and simply observe, others will find it more difficult to include you.

For example; right now, the school is hosting a Fangsgiving feast that's open to all students. Students who don't have family in New Salem are going to show up for sure, and even some students with families are planning on attending. Would your character show up? Who would they sit by? What would they want to talk about?  

Draconia St George
Crew

Beloved Friend

Willow Whistler

Distinct Informer

3,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:25 pm
Ugh, power outage, not what I needed right now. Least it's fixed...

Anyway, I try to keep up and read it whenever I can, but my characters are..oh, what would be a good way to put it...they prefer the sidelines, for their own reasons (Willow is too shy to talk to anyone unless spoken to first, Takeshi has moved so much that he kinda feels like he shouldn't bother). It's their personality, and it wouldn't feel right for them to act otherwise.

Anyway, as I said, I'll try to be more active and plan on using Takeshi after this part is done.  
Monster High

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 137 138 139 140 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games