A doctor who rp Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who wants to be the doctor?
  OOOHHH! OOOHHHH! PICK MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!*Crash*
  THE ASSISTANTS ROCK!!!!!!
  The doctor stinks! THE MASTER FOR INTER GALACTIC RULER!!!!!
View Results

Collateral Damage Man

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:06 pm
As the Renfield and a weakened Doctor approached their final destination a sickly green light emanated from down the cobblestone corridor. The smell of ozone stung Renfield's sensitive nose, making her eyes water as it mixed the foetid odor of the ages.

Upon entering the main room a large host Ereptors scampered out of the way. Across the room sits the old lich, wheezing and expectantly flip through large unsettling leather-bound book. A strange device, mechanical, moving, humming, but lacking in any obvious welding marks or points of articulation points (or its the pairs best estimate that it points, the thing is very alien) towards the the Western corner of the room. It shines a slowly changing glow, which though a viewable colour, is entirely unique and unfamiliar to the normal range of shades and hues. The device would be almost hypnotic if it weren't for the horror lying at the priest feet.

Sorvad lays beaten and disfigured. His body, or in fact some grotesque alien technology or magic, emits the overpowering green glow, bathing the figures in the room with an unsettling light. Whether they are the poor creature's tortured vains or the affliction itself is unclear, but black tentacles writhe, twitch and rail under his skin: rising up and tearing it in places or diving down to likely harass more important organs.

A wave of terror sweeps through the duo, one hyper aware, the other barely conscience. Alhazred lifts from his seat, his abnormally large frame menacingly apparent. He laughs a raspy old laugh that turns into a dry giggle and then a whooping cough. his hands raise in a gesture reminiscient of a kid on christmas oggling its gifts waiting under the tree. His clumsy clapping has his servitors twitch nervously. He bows an over dramatic and very low bow. A twisted and wry smile splits his bearded face through the whole event.

"What a pleasant surprise. Here I believed I would have had to regale you with tales of the God's plans, your race's true purpose, and your destiny. But you, my dear have found it on your own"

He claps again.

"Not to... what is the best expression?... count my chickens before they hatch, but it seems to be proceeding far smoother than anticipated, and I *cough* have studied the stars on their paths through the gulfs of space more intently than anyone else"

he half-heartedly motions to Sorvad

"Too bargaining chickens will earn you much more in the market than one. Come Renfield. Pass the Vermin here. The essences you will imbibe having acknowledged your place in the clockwork that is the Old Ones' plans will be far more succulent and nourishing than what you could have ever imagined. You are like the hour hand, and with your movement a new era wil begin."

The Imam's voice echoed hypnotically in Renfield's head, compelling her to drop her friend at the feet of self righteous megalomaniac who had enslaved her people.

"I didn't enslave them, dear girl, I nursed them back to health in your stead. Like helping an injured owl, a sick kitten before releasing it again. Thats what you are. Big lovable cats catching and killing the vermin that gnaw through the fundamental walls, through The Gate.

She felt her feet moving implacably but clumsily forward.

"I thought that didn't I? How did he know?"

"Ianitorem omnes cognuit" he praised. "Come now, take on your role as savior of your race. Give me the rat patriarch"

The closer she got to the imposing figure the dryer and colder it became. Renfield licked her lips to wet them. Only a few minutes in a room with the man and her lips were beginning to chap. She gingerly put her friend down in front of the madman.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:42 pm
(( OOC: Well written, man, but check your grammar. ))

Drained and cold and scared, shivering, the Doctor had not yet recovered enough to fight against the hands of one he had just placed his trust in so confidently. He could barely struggle as Renfield betrayed him seemingly without hesitation, so he stumbled weakly along as she pulled him towards the imposing figure.

Her hands recoiled as if in disgust* when she left him at the foot of the madman. The Doctor's eyes lit up green from the light emanating out of Sorvad. Sorvad's writhing tentacles revealed substantial pain and discomfort, the Doctor reached out to him, but hesitated. He looked at the man.

The man was looking at Renfield, a smug smile softly playing around his lips. It was a look of confidence and accomplishment, along with a deep hint of malice, that caused something inside of the still fragile Doctor to lash out, hot and angry. It was as if a surge of energy was begining to revitalize him to his full capability.

He took a shuddering breath. His mouth was dry and his lips cracked. He let out a soft cough, which caused the man's head to snap in his direction. The Doctor tried to hold his leaden gaze, he reinforced his thoughts with mental walls of protection. Doors were slamming shut in his mind. He did not want to reach out to the mind of the man, because he was scared of the repercussions he would receive. The man's focus was intense, and the Doctor was weak.

But he was gaining strength. He grinned innocently, causing the man's stare to flicker for a very short moment.

"And who are you, whom I finally have the happenstance to meet face to face, under terms that involved an enslavement of a free race, kidnapping, a highly uncalled for attack on the innocent, a rather significant loss of blood, the returning of strength in a way I would have never considered before, betrayal, and finally... the discovery of obscene torture on one of my traveling companions? Yes. I am very curious to know who you are."

The Doctor stood up slowly as he said the last few words, never breaking eye contact with the man, who said nothing.

"I am a traveler, I am a Time Lord. I am familiar with a significant amount of the universal lore, it is rare that I encounter something I have not heard of even faintly... though it has come close to happening before. I am rather old..."

The Doctor spoke softly, almost as if to himself, but then his voice grew stronger.
"...that is how I know that the only reason you know who I am, and the reason I don't know who you are, is due to the fact that you've been in contact with something... someone... that has come from a time before time. And of course, I would know nothing about such a being... my field of expertise remains within the boundries of Time. Outside of time? Well, I used to never believe such a thing existed. I was proven wrong."

Consensually, they both looked down at the book in the man's arms.

* (( OOC: This may not mean what it seems, though I am sure many of you can figure that out. It could be taken several ways. ))  

CrystalGazer

TheSmilingShadow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:39 pm

Renfield was crawling on all fours, gliding across the floor. She twisted and turned until she came to the side of the Doctor's who was leaning upwards towards the man. She gently held him down by the shoulder. He turned to her with some shock but she just stared with her black eyes, trying to tell him without words, to stop.

But slowly the Doctor smirked, only slightly, and only for a passing moment. It was as if, despite their situation, he knew it was going to be all right. He was, after all, the Doctor. The opportunity to encounter something new, even like this, was welcomed.

"Dear girl, you do not have to touch the filth." Abdul uttered. "He speaks such big words now, but he doesn't really understand, not like you."

Renfield looked up to Abdul, taking her gaze from the Doctor.

"What do I understand that he does not?" She asked.

"That there is a new Age to be ushered in. You can feel it, down in your bones and blood, your purpose is here, it calls upon you unlike ever before. You were born for this, and all your life you've been waiting for this moment to arrive."

He raised his hands.

"Rise and become the Savior, dear girl, Savior of the Mighty Ereptor, calling of the Old Ones."

Renfield did stand as he spoke, stood and lifted her chest, trying to look powerful.

"The Eldest One stays with me." She gestured to the Doctor.

"Hm?" He raised his eyes.

"The Doctor stays with me." She said again. "I will be his keeper. I knew the Time Lords intimately, he will make a great example of the very best and very last of their kind."

The Doctor lowered his head at the thought once more. He had so recently discovered a whole new small family, and was being threatened to be alone again. His sadness went away quickly, replaced by anger and fear. He looked up to Renfield who without words told him to stay quiet. But he could not.

"That is not an option!" The Doctor protested.

Abdul eyed the Doctor with little patience and then looked to Renfield, as if expecting her to do something. His gaze put fear in her heart and she looked to the Doctor. She stared at him, she didn't want to say it, she didn't want to, but she had to.

"You don't exactly have a say, Time Lord!" She screamed at him, to Abdul's satisfaction. "He would make a lovely pet," she continued. "And I will need him. I will diet upon his blood."

Abdul smirked.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:35 pm
"Eddie! Eddie, Come On!" Irene said, puffing up a spiral staircase in the tower south of the one Renfield disappeared into.

"Argh, Irene!"

"What?"

Irene heard a loud clang and some banging, followed by a slew of Eddie's cursing.

Irene paused on a stair, and waited a moment. "What happened?"

"I SAID I'M COMING!" There was a rapid sound of boots hitting the floor, getting louder, and before Irene knew it, Eddie had accompanied her on the stair. She was brandishing her wrench, which was probably the item that caused all the clanging.

"Did you drop it?"

"NOOO." Eddie made a face at Irene. "Well maybe a little. Come on, Irene you slow poke human." She sprinted up the stairs. "Just kidding! You aren't a slowpoke. Well no, you are." She called over her shoulder.

Irene actually giggled, and shrugged as she followed Eddie up the stairs.

"I think there might be Ereptors stationed around the tower, so we gotta be careful!"

"Yeah, yeah, I got it covered." Eddie's voice echoed down the stairs.

"Wait for me, Eddie! You forget I'm only equipped with pitiful human lungs!"

"Good, you're catching on!" She heard Eddie laugh.

Irene mumbled to herself, "I wonder how Sam and Susan are faring with our rescue plan..."

~*erie fade in music*~

Sam and Susan were sitting halfway up the staircase by a narrow slitted window, in the White Tower. They were silent and scared. They felt a strange, dry coldness that seemed to repel them from their destination. Susan was edgy, anxious to get to her Grandfather, and Sam uncomfortable.

"So we wait, until we see them from this window crossing the wall. Then we'll continue." Sam said, looking from Susan to the Window and back at Susan again.

"Yes, yes! You've told me this several times." Susan said irritably, she was pale and looking at her hands. "I know the plan just as well as you do."

"I know, I just... I am... Does he always get himself into this much trouble?" Sam blurted.

"He's a magnet for trouble."

"But I mean... this much trouble, like... end of the world and kidnapping and vampires and cat's eyes and stuff!"

"I don't know, I don't know! I haven't traveled with him in years... and by years I mean decades! Perhaps centuries for him. I just want him back. I want him safe, I don't want him to... have to... change."

Of course, Sam had no clue what she meant, but he was too nervous to say anything more. He looked back out the window. Susan fell back into silence.

CrystalGazer

TheSmilingShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:43 pm

She held her wrench tightly in her hand. She had stopped and put herself against the wall. She was almost shaking. Irene caught up with her, but she grew quiet at the sight of Eddie. Eddie turned and shook her head.

"This is bad." Eddie said.

Then she sighed.

"This sucks."

Irene slightly laughed out of nerves.

"Okay..." Eddie shrugged. "Okay, we're gonna do this. Gonna...gonna go get the Doctor, cause...he's family now. And we're gonna...yeah, gonna go through life-sucking monsters, to a bigger monster, then I'm gonna kick Renfield in the mouth...and then we're gonna get ice cream. You want ice cream?"

"Yeah." Irene nodded.

"Good. Right. Okay. Here we go..."

Eddie made a motion then ran back to the wall.

"I really don't want to die." Eddie laughed.

"Don't worry about it." Irene tried.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:59 am
(i'm still here I just need to catch up)  

JackLantern2020

CrystalGazer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:11 pm
(( OOC: Kk, just think of another way to get to the Doctor. Or prompt that incredibly silent Plutionian into a plan. She seems to have dissapeared. Or you guys can be the backup plan. ))  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:04 am
(right just let me read and such and I should post something in the next day or two how are you and shadow anyway?)  

JackLantern2020

JackLantern2020

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:11 pm
The Captain made it to Sam and Susan saying to them as he caught his breath alittle "So what is the plan?I made sure my friend stayed in the tardis for this,now lets see what do we know about the man controlling the ereptors?"

(What do you think?)  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:24 pm
The Captain's question hung in the air like vapor. Sam looked at him, stunned. He chanced a glance at Susan who's fists were balled up in frustration, her face contained a reddish tinge. She was giving the Captain a death-glare. Clearly, she's heard the plan too many times and was not ready to explain it to someone new.

The plan didn't include a third member in either of the two parties, and there was possibly a need of guards in the TARDIS. Susan took a few deep breaths, either calming herself or readying herself.

Sam heard distant voices, and looked out the window. The distinct figures of Eddie and Irene could be seen crossing the wall.

"I really like pistachio Ice-Cream!" Irene's voice echoed.

"Uh, yeah, Irene," Eddie cut in, "Shut up a moment I think I hear some- AAAGH!"

A third figure tackled Eddie. Irene threw her arms in the air, and flailed.
"Eddie Eddie EDDIE!" She was still for a moment, then threw herself down on the two struggling forms which quickly became three struggling forms.

"Christ!" Sam shouted. "Susan, we need-- Holy crap! What do we do!" Sam paced back and forth really quickly, then ran up the stairs.

CrystalGazer

JackLantern2020

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:11 pm
The Captain just looked to them saying "Ok I am going up with Sam, check it out,come up with a strategic plan and save the doctor." He says following Sam up the stairs.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:32 pm
(( OOC:
JackLantern2020
The Captain just looked to them saying "Ok I am going up there check it out,come up with a strategic plan and save the doctor." He says leaving them as he ran up the stairs.

I think you need to read what I wrote again, Sam is already running up the stairs. ))  

CrystalGazer

CrystalGazer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:19 am
(( OOC: K, I know Shadow's electricity has been down lately. She's kind of in line next to post. ))  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:54 pm
(( OOC: Its been almost a month, and I know shadow is getting around to it she's just on vacation... and I've been really sick, allergic reaction that puffed me up so bad I couldn't write or see. No joke. It was a nightmare... i was so itchy and sore. Anyway... she'll probably post some time over the week. ))  

CrystalGazer

TheSmilingShadow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:39 pm

"OH MY GOD I'M GONNA DIE!!!" Eddie was screaming.

She had her hands up holding back someone's mouth. The others were grabbing at her arms, trying to get her to break. One bit down onto her sonic bracelet and it burnt him so he turned over and recoiled.

Irene was yelling something back at her but she couldn't hear past all the roaring the Ereptors were doing.

"IM GONNA DIE! IRENE I ALWAYS SORTA DIDN'T HATE YOU! BUT I HATE SAM! I HATE HIM SO MUCH!"

When she was younger Susan had been across the Universe with her grandfather and she had seen him defeat the greatest of enemies. She was the Doctor's granddaughter, she was made for this, trained for this even unknowningly.

Susan ran over and pulled out from her coat a Sonic Hammer, something she had been fiddling with for a long time now, and she for a split second wondered if it was going to work.

She bashed one of the Ereptors in the head with it, the noise and light blared into its eyes and ears. It tumbled over, scratchign at the air. Then she pulled out Time Garlic, repelling the Ereptors off of Eddie.

When I Say Run - A Doctor Who Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff