Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Khamaith's Hatching] The Best of Life [Open] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:01 pm
Josen

When one of the larger eggs moved for what was the first time the entire hatching, Josen glanced towards Serrekhar curiously. "Sounds like it wants us to get closer. Think we should?"

Sure, the rules said not to but....it had asked!

-----

Juhvek

Several more dragons had impressed (though his entire little group remained unbothered) which was making it easier to keep an eye on who was out and about - and who, specifically, was not. Juhvek frowned a bit, however.

"I'm staying here."

Sure it had asked, but no thank you. He'd seen enough ruffian behavior with eggs that he wasn't going to do anything willy-nilly.

Tsunake

Meepfur

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:03 pm
Rundanrul - Western

One dragon. Two. Three. Four? Five? Impressions were happening left and right, taking cheerful and irritated and sassy dragons off the sands. Good. Rundandrul watched each one go, leaving the sands empty save for a few babies and some eggs. He kept waiting to see what Butterfly Bronze would do. Had he fallen asleep?

---

Surel - Western

So much was happening all at once! It was so hard to tell where to look! The irritated green found hers, thankfully, and Surel breathed a little sigh of relief. There were still babies to be hatched and others that were finding theirs, and-

Dystzha suddenly stepped in front of her and she froze for a moment, unsure of what was going on. A few paces away Sivu hit the ground, a rather stunning blue atop him, but rather than getting gored and bitten he was getting snuggled.

"Oh...oh that's wonderful!" she said, a smile so wide on her face that her cheeks ached. He'd Impressed! She gave a little smile to Dystzha and shook her head, letting her know it was fine. She really did appreciate having two other Candidates who were looking out for her. Although...

"It's not time to go yet," she said softly to Etansi as she noticed her shuffling away. "There's still quite a few out there."

---

Vimeran - High Reaches

One by one the dragons were finding Theirs. None had come their way yet but Vimeran didn't mind - as long as they were partnered up in the end that was all that mattered.

"Mm. Only a few more eggs to hatch," he agreed, watching the dragons that were still milling about on the sands. "This lot still need to do a bit of searching, though. Surely they must be getting hungry." He noticed Niviora's slight shift to rest closer to him and he wondered if her ankle was starting to hurt from standing in one place for so long.

"If you need to rest you can lean on me," he said, his tone as gruff as ever though it wasn't cruel or teasing. The sands were hot and they'd been there for a bit so he could only imagine the sprain must be throbbing. He could play the role of a crutch if need be.

---

T'sar

The slim man scoffed softly as he was accused of not paying attention to the hatching. He wasn't watching every single move but Adarith was and any big moments he missed his dragon filled him in on.

"You may think that, but I'm quite aware of everything going on down there," he said with a little smirk. "And yes, you will have to introduce us if he ever makes it to Western. You can't believe how relieved I was that Adarith was shelled here and not there. The winters are terrible."

Hattaki

Prism Shine

Spockat

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:05 pm
Etansi

Her head tilted a little bit to the side when a... request? came into her mind. It was a strange one but she slowly sidled over, quietly and uncertainly. Etansi's eyes glanced back and forth at the egg and then at Khamaith and the two males beside her.

Once there she reached a hand out cautiously and placed it on the shell. "Stuck? Need help out?"

The arrival of others had her nearly shy away but... it needed help?

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:05 pm

The bleeding had slowed. Tristram released a breath he hadn't known he was holding until now. She'd lost a lot of blood, but he was finally stemming the tide. Holding Oreune against his chest, Tristram sewed up the last of it, and then began to speedily apply a poultice. The time was measured in seconds now, and he wrapped a clean bandage fully around, ensuring that the pressure on the wound would be maintained. It was easy to forget where he was when he was listening for her heartbeat.

"Shhh, shh... you'll be all right. You're almost there."

houllow

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:07 pm
Dextelia-High Reaches

Movement from an egg caught the young girl's eye and she followed it as it rolled for a moment, rocking but no cracks appeared on the surface. It seemed like a couple of candidates were moving a bit closer to the egg but she stayed put. If too many ran over there they could crowd the baby when it finally was freed right, and they weren't supposed to try and break into an egg anyways...right?

Staying rooting in the spot she was, Dextelia watched the others and what was going on, second guessing herself as she stood there.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:07 pm

The little blue really didn't want to get up.

In fact, the little blue had a whole lot it wanted to do--but he thought that maybe he could do it later. Tomorrow, perhaps. Weren't there certain individuals he wanted to see? Candidates he remembered from in the egg who deserved some support? There were so many who were good and needed to chill...

And yet...

It did sound like an awful a lot of work. And who wanted to work when he could just relax in these warms Sands? There was time. A lot of time.
Flopping to the side, the blue still didn't bother to get up or lift his head. He was comfortable, he was at peace, and he was certainly in no rush.

But something... something didn't settle right with him.

With great effort, the little blue finally looked up to gaze at one Candidate. Well, that-- That might well be worth moving for...

....nope.

Flopping down again, he decided it would be better for the other to find him. Tyanan... TyananMine, why so wistful? You needn't feel so poorly, not when your Chinanazith is here. Unless you'd rather one of my clutchmates... But I promise we'll be the best of friends. We can go to the beach.. and hang out in the water... i'd like to be Yours if you'll have me.

Though his words were nothing but relaxing, calm, and even--Tyanan could feel the sudden, small, ache of a dragonet who was just a little unsure he'd be accepted. He was awfully lazy... but he thought maybe they'd be perfect for one another. Perhaps the dolphineer would agree?

User Image

tatterpixie
Just a minor note -- he would like to at least try to meet some folks he bonded with during the Touching at the Feast. Even to just say hello or send them some happy chill. He liked quite a few but... too much effort for him to do right now. LOL It sounds like way too much work for this little blue.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:08 pm

Hem. ... How awkward. I do think perhaps... I am in need of aid. How embarrassing! For indeed, the dragonet did not at all like to ask for help. Yet here it was, wobbling to and fro, with nary a crack to be seen! Black and Rainbow egg gave what resembled an embarrassed cough. If you would all be so kind, perhaps you might... roll me some? Or perhaps Mother instead? Oh dear, it was really in a pickle.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:09 pm
Ollandin

Ollandin could count on one hand the number of times he'd heard -- well, no. Sensed? No, heard. It was hard to define it, really. But that wasn't the point. It wasn't the norm for the dragon in an egg to ask for help, or to do it so politely. Ollandin had taken half a step to lend a hand himself before he saw that others had gone before him. Only so many hands would be needed, really, so best to stay out of the way. Instead he stood by his brother's side, murmuring, "Help. Someone will get them help."

Tsunake

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:13 pm
Aerden

As he continued to unashamedly observe Orryxa and her new lifemate, he couldn't help but feel... strange, suddenly. It wasn't unpleasant--it was the exact opposite of unpleasant. Amusement, adoration, love. Oh yes, love.

Aerden, darling... baby. Are you crying over me, or has some cad broken your heart? Don't worry, I can put it back together again.

Suddenly, he was afraid that he was imagining things, slowly turning his head to where all those feelings radiated from. One of the blues was watching him back--the only blue, thank you. Your Tianxiath is the best, better than all the rest. You can't possibly have someone else in mind, sweetness? Surely not. It was almost a purr, and the blue began to stride confidently towards his dumbstruck rider. You'll make me jealous, and we wouldn't want that.

Aerden didn't even remember moving forward, his calloused fingers caressing that impossibly perfect head. Even now, his disbelief was being chased away gently, but firmly. How could he have ever thought he would have been fine without Tianxiath in his life...?

That's because you hadn't gotten a taste of perfection yet, darling. The blue reassured him, arching his neck with pleasure to encourage more stroking. But that's all in the past. You've got the best of the best now, and honestly, why would you ever go back? As (rightly, in his opinion) full of himself as he was, Tianxiath knew Aerden was anything but expendable and deserved all the little pleasures life could offer!

"I wouldn't." He murmured, still incredulously running his hands over every inch of that perfect hide. Had Western ever seen such a fine blue? The little dragon's tummy rumbled again, and Aerden found himself grinning, wiping away the streaks of tears from his cheeks. "Shall we get you fed?"

You already know the way to my hearts! Tianxiath butted his head affectionately against his rider's side.

Before they walked away, Aerden paused to smile widely at Orryxa. "See you over there?"

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:14 pm
Loctius - [He/Him] - Western Weyr

Where his older brother moved forward, Loctius hung back to keep an eye on his back. If that little baby needed help, he knew that egg was in the safests hands on the sand. Come on little one, he thought, one good push and crack - and you’re free! He coaxed gentle thoughts, watching from afar. That baby would be okay, the were in safe hands, the babies parents were right there. Sometimes these things just happened - he pushed down the bubble of worry, of nervousness aside.  

Spockat

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:17 pm
Khamaith

With candidates coming to Black and Rainbow Swirl Egg’s side, Khamaith’s attention had been focused right in on Dextelia, Etansi, and Shoxiel. Not moving just yet, but. Watching very, very carefully.

BastetAmun

Hattaki

---

Shoxiel - He/His - Western

“Oh, of course -- I will be gentle, okay?” Oh Faranth help him, he might get eaten. Gently placing hands on the large shell, he glanced up at Dextelia and then at Etansi. “Ready…? Here we go. On the count of 3; 1, 2, and… 3.” He gently pushed, trying to be both gentle and steady on helping the egg.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:19 pm
Etansi

She was going to start rolling it, her thoughts were towards Khamaith as she had big claws that could help, but with others who were likely stronger and better at this sort of thing around, Etansi found herself useless. But Shoxiel told her to push just as she was starting to take her hand off, Kha was watching her carefully and for once she was afraid of what might happen.

She bit her lower lip until it bled and pushed silently beside the other two.  

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:24 pm
Candidate Omurntas he/him - Western

One girl came forward to claim one of the greens sitting in the sands. One of the handsome blues came forward to claim his rider as well. His attention shifted back to the few remaining eggs as a voice intruded. Black and Rainbow Swirl was rocking, but seemed to be making no progress. He raised his brow as one of the candidates stepped forward in answer to its call, then a couple others.

It had enough help gathered around, so the young man crossed his arms and shifted slightly on the sands. The group of candidates slowly rolled the large egg. He glanced toward the parents then back to the eggs.

Bionden and Green Riojath she/her - Western

The new pair walked over the sands. Riojath reaching out to a couple of candidates who could use some consoling. Bionden offered smiling encouragement to anyone who met her eyes. They are all precious. Yes.

It was a big moment for her to approach the feeding table with the other new weyrlings. Greetings siblings mine! Mine is Bionden! Riojath pranced up with neck arched proudly and tail curled up. Bionden offered a smile around as she found a spot and grabbed a bucket to give Riojath her first meal.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:25 pm
Serrekhar

He jerked his head up, having heard the request too.... "Probably." He said--though paused with a frown. "Mm. Seems like they already have it in hand..." He jerked his chin towards a few of the Candidates already assisting--under the careful eye of the Gold.

demon_pachabel

--

Ollanmar

He'd unconsciously mirrored his twin, having started to move before he realized people already had set careful hands on the egg. Ollanmar grumbled under his breath, a little put out that they wouldn't be the ones assisting... but stayed where he was at. "Mom's watching." He agreed. "She'll make sure it happens."

Samuel Carlin

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:37 pm

Oh dear. This would never do. I'm afraid this just isn't working, the piping young voice lamented. Perhaps... Mother, would you be so kind? the dragonet enquired. Black and Rainbow Swirl egg was definitely in a predicament. Although it seemed happy enough to have received such kind attentions, the shell had not so much as shown the slightest hint of a crack. Drat!

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff