Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:13 pm
Wolfe Garm

When Desmond described h9ow he'd met her and Varos gave her that grin, Bast gave a Hylarr blush over it. After all, she'd just done exactly what he'd told her to do back when she'd been on his ship...

Sebastet tapped into the island's wards and frowned, "There's another one already here... In the forest... But he's distracted right now..." she looked up at Khajhan and tapped into the shadows they'd put in place on the outer island, "None at the other island yet..." she stretched her reach further out and found it, "Tomorrow... Another will be here tomorrow... I feel the ship heading this way..." she finally blinked and shook her head to pull herself out of the web she'd put into place. But it was disorienting when she did it like that and only Khajhan's fact action kept her from hitting the floor when she stumbled.

Bast looked at Varos then moved over to kneel in front of him, "Is there any way Aunt Cassarria can get Cyrus out?" she asked then shook her head, Nevermind. I know better than that..." she corrected herself and thought hard for a moment.

Then she looked up at Desmond, "Your radio thingy... Isn't there a signal you could issue that pull Cyrus out? Get him to come here?" she asked, knowing that there had to be something. No commander was ever free of joining his troops entirely. Even top generals had to show up on the battlefield at some point. For Cyrus to be avoiding it...

Sebastet caught the end of it and nodded her head, "She's right. Tactically speaking, he'd have to lead from here at some point or he'd lose major points in the system. There has to be a signal or code that would pull him in sooner," she pointed out, knowing that they were right about it. And if they could get hold of Cyrus, Sebastet knew exactly how to get the information out of him... There were some things in her ability-list that could be downright frightening...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:33 pm
Red GYpsy

Desmond frowned and replied “don’t honestly know, if there is one I wasn’t told it, what about you Varos?” Varos shrugged “it has been a while but I do seem to recall that one was assigned, but I can’t remember what it was, if anything the field commanders would have that, the issue is Cyrus really doesn’t have a reason to since there is usually officers that handle that kind of thing, if anything the dogs of war are the generals since we’re usually assigned to them when a major offensive like this is about to happen” Varos and Desmond both thought about it a bit more and Desmond was the first to speak up “wouldn’t Jenny know anything to that effect since she was assigned to this operation first?” Varos shrugged again “anything’s possible we’d have to ask her when we see her next, when is she coming back?” “not sure Bane took her with him so that they could go check on Cassius, how long they’ll be there I’m not sure” Desmond looked at Bast and Sebastet both a moment before looking at Khajhan who was content to lean up against the wall next to Sebastet with his arms crossed when he noted that Desmond was looking at him “what?” Desmond seemed to have a wild idea “could you?” Khajhan sighed a little and looked at Sebastet who was looking at him as well and just nodded “I can” he straightened up and leaned over to give Sebastet a kiss on the cheek and whispered “I’ll be back for you” was all he said as he seemed to fade away into the shadows to go see Jenny. Desmond looked at Sebastet and couldn’t help but ask a odd question “how does he do that, I’ve never seen anyone just fade into the shadows like that?” he looked at Varos who just shrugged “don’t look at me the most I’ve seen are shadow benders but even they couldn’t fully step through the shadows like that” Desmond couldn’t help but feel overly curious about that, especially since his scent just seems to disappear along with him, as if he was never truly there.  

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:45 pm
Wolfe Garm

Sebastet just grinned at them both, "He is literally one with the shadows. I blend them with fire, but my true ability is much more dangerous than that. Pray that you never have to see it. But Khajhan is much better with the shadows than I am. Which is why I let him bring Desmond and Bast here from the castle instead of doing it myself," she explained as best as she could.

Bast held up a hand, "Again. Thank you for not doing it yourself. I really appreciate not being a bright red stain on the ground," she said simply, making Sebastet roll her eyes at it.

Bast just grinned and moved to pull Desmond's hands around her waist so that she could lean back against him and let him hold her at the same time, "Come on... That was a nasty mess and you know it... I'm just glad that you like me enough to not do that to me. How high was that? Three hundred feet?" she teased a bit.

Sebastet shook her head, "Not even close... It was six hundred... And he'd been trying to kill me at the time, so I think it was justified... Besides, just wait until your own abilities start to manifest... Desmond there is going to have his hands full with it..." she said with a shrug of one shoulder as she looked at the bodies then frowned over something she was only just noticing, "There should be more blood on the carpets than this..." she mused a bit.

Until she felt the spell Cassius had on the building, "Ah... Never mind... Cass has the building spelled..." she shrugged a bit then looked at Felix, "Unless you want to help move the bodies in the back yard, why don't you go check on your counterparts?" she offered, knowing that she could move the bodies herself easily, but she was also teasing the human a bit...

"While you're at it, would you round up one of the kids in the village to tell Rex that we'll need a bit of help cleaning up the mess?" she added, knowing that Rex would do just about anything to help Cassius at this point  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:20 am
Red Gypsy

Felix was amused by all the chatter when Sebastet said something to him and he just nodded “sure I can take…” he was interrupted by automatic fire off in the distance which had him with his rifle in hand and keyed his Comms “Titus?” “I KNOW I’m already moving give me a moment” Felix sighed and just put his rifle down as things seemed to be dying down as time went on so he just decided to start moving bodies. After the first few bodies he stopped when everything seemed to be silent and heard Titus on the radio, after which he returned responded “alright grab a rifle that’s loaded and bring it here we’ll take a look at it” and left it at that. Felix stepped back inside and found everyone staring at him when he came into the living room and just shook his head “Titus has informed me that it was another group of RRT soldiers, he’s bringing a rifle here” Desmond and Varos both just nodded, Varos deciding that he was going to do something and just got up and started assisting in clearing out bodies. Desmond held onto Bast since she wanted to be close to him, and after a moment Titus comes in and stops inside the living room “where was it?” asked Felix, Titus shook his head as he stepped forward and handed the rifle off “up at some leatherworks, four people were there and seemed fine, they had dealt with the problem, another thing” Felix’s interest was peaked “go ahead” Titus nodded “there was a man there as well, but he had a tattoo on his shoulder, I recognized it as a hunter’s tattoo” Felix sighed as he looked at Sebastet before he took the rifle and pulled the mag revealing strange munitions once again and simply tossed it at Desmond “those look right to you?” Desmond caught it and saw that they weren’t standard issue as well “no, these aren’t our normal loadouts” he looked at Sebastet and inquired “looks like the church is funding more than just an wipe out of you guys, who was at the leatherworks that would be so important to have a team go and try and wipe them out?” Felix was getting irritated as he thought about it and decided to go through with the requisition of additional personnel and keyed his comms “Emilia when you have a chance call headquarters and requisition additional personnel for us we’re going to need it” Emilia came back a moment later “copy that, soon as I’m able to setup our equipment I’ll get on that” Felix satisfied just looked at everyone in turn to see what they had in mind.  

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:30 am
Wolfe Garm

Sebastet gave a heavy sigh, "Borias, our leathersmith, and his mate Layla, an elf from the Elven Realm. Handfasted personally by the Goddess... But other Hunters took down Borias two days ago. Admittedly, Layla took them out so that they couldn't report, but that would be who they were after..." she said and shrugged one shoulder over it all.

"I know who a few of the primary targets would be for the Church. But I also know that they'll be targeting everyone. Every single person living on this island. Including the kids here in the village. As far as the Church is concerned, even the kids are monsters," she told Felix and Titus, her voice getting harder as she finished.

She knew the storm that was coming, she just didn't want to believe that it would be this bad...

Bast gave a small sound as she pulled Desmond's arms around her tighter and gave a haunted look to Felix, "They really don't care, you know... Age makes no difference to them... We're all monsters here... All abominations..." she said softly, turning in Desmond's arms when Varos started with bringing down Meryth and Kota from upstairs. There was still Sininen, but she'd known the other two.

Honestly, she was tired of seeing friends tortured or dead... And even more tired of the nightmares...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:19 pm
Red Gypsy

Felix understood where everyone was coming from and was understanding even more why they had been tasked with the protection of the village. Eventually he spoke up “we’ll jut have to make sure they don’t succeed” Desmond grinned and replied “that’s the plan” he looked at Bast and gave her a loving squeeze around the waist to remind her that everything was going to be alright. Varos came back in and simply went back upstairs to collect the last two bodies up there before he would do something about the corpses building up outside.

Titus stood there a moment before he decided to head outside and started heading out back about the same time Varos was going outside with the bodies upstairs, Varos giving Titus a slight nod in acknowledgement as he moved outside and placed the bodies in a pile. Titus watched as he took care with each body on the pile, but had three separates from the rest and could not help why “so what’s the deal with those?” Varos looked at what Titus was referring to and just shook his head “they aren’t being treated like the rest are, they’ll get something a little more special” Titus was confused but didn’t question it anymore than he needed to and simply pulled a cigarette out and put it in his mouth before he was looking for his lighter but coming short, Varos grinning stepped over to him and simply moved a finger over by the tip of the cigarette and lit it with a slight spark of fire which surprised him, but was grateful for the light regardless.

After a while Varos lit the RRT bodies to get them out of the way, just in time to see Cassius showing up and darted off towards him and grabbed him as he looked like he was about to collapse “what are you doing here Cass, I had heard your injuries were being treated?” Titus saw Cassius and squawked his Comms to get Felix Attention “What’s up Titus?” Titus replied “that guy we helped earlier is here” Felix seemed concerned and looked at everyone “looks like the Cassius has shown up out back” Desmond heard that and could feel Bast’s feelings about that and just darted outside with her to see why he was here.  

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:55 pm
Wolfe Garm

Cassius shook his head over the attention, his eyes only on the three separated bodies, "I had to be here..." he said simply, his voice a little hoarse. After a moment, he shifted and gave a gasp over the pain of it.

Bast ran outside but paused briefly and headed back upstairs to grab a pair of shorts for the siren before moving outside to help Varos with getting the shorts on Cassius. In the end, she paused to look at him for a moment, unable to figure out the right thing to say. She looked over her shoulder as Sebastet came outside as Khajhan stepped out of a shadow to join her.

Sebastet moved up to get Cassius' attention, "You can be here for this, Cass... But you'll need to be up at the castle or at Sasha's until you're healed," she told him firmly, frowning when he simply shook his head a bit at her then stumbled around them all to kneel between Meryth and Kota, his hands shaking as he pushed their hair out of their faces.

He sat there for a moment, "Wolfgang..." he called out, knowing that he didn't need to say anything. Of course, he also knew how much control the pirate had over his abilities. Which meant that Cassius wouldn't have to move as the bodies were given a suitable pyre...

Meanwhile, Sebastet simply gave a soft sigh as she used her ShadowFire to burn up the other bodies into ash. Her job wasn't as careful or caring as what Wolfgang was doing.

They all stayed silent as the fires burned. Cassius stayed in place until the Alichino were ashes. He said nothing as Bast brought him one of the waterproof canvas bags he used when he swam, then collected as much of the ashes as he could and closed the bag.

Sebastet gave another sigh and started to head for the siren to take him up to the castle when he got to his feet and walked towards the beach. She didn't think anything of it, simply giving him his moment of peace. So she was too late to catch him as he moved into the water and started diving...

She swore very creatively, enough to make even Titus blush...

Cassius shifted fast in the water, shaking off the shorts on the way down. He paid no attention to the corals or the wildlife as he passed them, going into the colder water. He moved down just under the shelf to the cave he'd only shared with Meryth and Kota. He moved inside the tunnel shivering as the water warmed up, gasping as he broke the surface inside the cave.

He managed to get himself up on the rock ledge and set the bag near the rock he usually sat on, then collapsed.

Sebastet swore again, "Damnit... Only another mermaid can get to him down there... We can't even use the shadows because he spelled that cave against it..." she swore, not sure how they were going to get to the siren at this point...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:03 pm
Red Gypsy

Varos nodded when Cass spoke up and simply pointed a finger towards the bodies and watched them ignite in a controlled burn which would turn the bodies of Cassius’ mates into ash in no time at all. Once the deed was done he couldn’t help but shake his head as he took off back into the water with the bag of ash and just stepped over to Sebastet and placed a hand on her shoulder “there isn’t much we can do to help if he doesn’t want it” Khajhan nodded in agreement as he leaned up against the house watching everyone around, Titus and Felix had been silent for the entire ordeal but once it was over Felix spoke up “Titus get back to Emilia” he nodded and left without a word. Desmond walked over to Bast, watching everyone with some concern and spoke up “won’t he need our help recovering?” Varos nodded “he does but, sad to say, can force him to accept help when it’s offered, I doubt Pose would be able to do anything to lend him any help without Cass allowing it” Desmond sighed and just nodded. Wulfric followed Blade to Cassius’ shoppe and home pausing slightly when he noticed smoke behind the building and spoke up “looks like they’ve already been here, there’s smoke in the air, smells like burnt bodies” he was slightly confused but he drew his knife as they rushed forward.

In the water someone moved through the depths slowly, his gear keeping him from drowning underwater, Frost moved carefully through the water his assignment of exploring the oceanic area around the island has kept him busy for the past few weeks. Frost swam through the water along the floor his eyes scanning the area observing everything he saw and only keeping note of things worth logging before he would move on. As he went he paused for a moment he saw a cave which was interesting, perhaps this was a secondary route onto the island he thought which warranted a looksee to verify this potential route which in turn could allow operatives access to the island covertly which would be invaluable. Frost moved towards the cave and went in without delay seeing that it was heading up and just followed the way until he found a location which seemed to access a cave system, so he broke through the water and climbed out of the water. Frost took his mask and mouthpiece out and started to look around pausing he his eyes saw someone laying off the ways from him. Surprised by the fact that someone was there he rushed over to them wondering how they got there without any scuba gear which was quickly answered when he noticed that the person’s feet were still in the water which showed a fin, a mermaid he thought as he moved the fully out of the water and noticed that they were male and rather surprisingly attractive.Frost dragged him further into the cave before he let him go and looked around a moment debating what he was going to do having found someone down here.  

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:45 pm
Wolfe Garm

Sebastet finally gave a nod and let it go, knowing just how stubborn Cassius could be when he wanted to be stubborn. And in the water, not even Pose could catch him...

When Wulfric started to move around back, Blade put a hand on his arm and stopped him, putting a finger to her nose when he looked at her confused, "Sebastet is here," she told him simply and led the way on around the building to the beach side. There, she gave Bast, Desmond, Sebastet, and Khajhan a nod then grinned momentarily at Varos.

"How fitting... The pirate shows up..." she teased him, remembering his odd sense of humor. She motioned to his hat with her chin, "Cassarria gave you a longer feather? As if the outfit wasn't bad enough..." she added in an old tease. Admittedly, he'd started the teasing with Anube, her former Demon Mate. Her teasing fell a bit flat, of course. But she'd tried...

Bast gave a frown over it but let it go as Desmond put his arm around her waist. She gave a nod to Wulfric, "Good to see you in human form..." she started then remembered her manners, "I'm Bast. This is Desmond. That's Sebastet and Khajhan. That's Wolfgang," she introduced everyone then looked back out over the water and let her head rest against Desmond's shoulder, silently hoping that Cassius would be alright.

Sebastet looked at Khajhan, knowing that he felt the same way as Varos and just let it go for now. She also wanted to get back to the castle, able to sense the other attack that had happened as well as the newest 'guest' in her lock-up room. Most of all, she wanted Khajhan to kidnap her for about a week and not let her think at all...

But she'd do things right for now...

She looked at Desmond and Varos, "Seems our newest resident has found another one of yours. You can't see her yet, though. We need Dancer to look at her first. I need to make sure that our newest resident is alright. He got shot and cut up pretty good in the process of knocking yours out," she explained to him then looked at Blade and Wulfric.

"So far, they've gone after Cassius, the castle and me, Layla and Borias, and a few random people in the forest. I don't think they'll be stupid enough to go after the dragons, but I didn't think they'd be stupid enough to go after me, so..." she explained to them, catching Wulfric looking over the piles of ash catching the breeze as well as the bullet holes in the walls of the building.

After a few more moments of being out of the water, Cassius shifted to his human form and gave a pained groan as he started to come to and pushed himself up slowly until he was sitting up with his hair around him. He put a hand to his head and blinked his eyes open to see the pouch of ashes in front of him. He reached for it with a shaking hand and pulled it into his chest as he worked at getting to his feet. The world swam and he had to put a hand on the stone he usually leaned against to put his shorts on, but he made it to the ledge and knelt there. He opened the pouch and emptied the ashes into the water in front of him, releasing Kota and Meryth in the place that had meant so much to them.

Once that was done, he took in a shaking breath and got to his feet again. This time, he pushed his hair back and turned, freezing when he saw the stranger in his cave. He was on full display as well. Not only his good looks, but his injuries as well. He could still feel the burn from the bullets that had hit him and knew that it would be a miracle if he survived this one...

He raised an eyebrow at the stranger and moved to the rock to lean against it to put on the shorts he always left down here. He didn't move fast, nor did he hide anything in the process.

As the water dried on his skin, it became obvious that he was sweating from whatever had been added to the bullets he'd been hit with. He paid it no attention as he focused his lavender eyes on the stranger, "Well... I'm Cassius: Siren, former heir to the Mermaid throne, expert gem carver, and probably a dying mermaid. This is where I get some of my simpler materials," he paused there and raised one eyebrow at him, "And you are?" he asked, clearly not caring if he died at this point...

Besides... If he was going to die, he wasn't going to do it looking like a mess...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:19 pm
Red Gypsy

Varos and Desmond looked at each other slightly confused but didn’t press the issue since they would figure that out later on. Wulfric gave Bast a nod and spoke “I’m Wulfric” he didn’t say very much on account he didn’t see much reason to. Desmond gave Wulfric a nod as he looked back at Varos and spoke up as he gently pulled Bat over with him “uh… don’t suppose you know what’s going on do you?” Varos shook his head as he placed a hand on his shoulder “afraid not, but with all that’s going on here makes me wonder what’s been going on under my nose” Khajhan looked at them and spoke up “seems to me like they are doing more than they are showing” Desmond nodded in agreement “well that’s the point on the surface RRT isn’t going to show their colors to the general public” Varos knew where he was going with that and spoke up “well if they are operating in the shadows we’ll need to know what’s going on, we’ll need someone to operate onsite to determine what they are doing” Desmond looked at Bast a moment but before he could say anything Varos continued “Desmond, why don’t you two come along with me, I think everything here on the island will be handled, but we’re going to need someone who can operate around town, I can’t simply because I’m supposed to be dead” Desmond nodded and looked at Bast “what do you think?” Khajhan looked at Sebastet and walked over to her, placing a hand on her shoulder “perhaps it is time we return to the castle and see who our new guest is” Khajhan stood there and looked at her a moment before he would pull them through the shadows and would deposit them back to the tower.  

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:42 pm
Wolfe Garm

Bast looked up at Desmond for a brief moment then gave him a kiss to his cheek, "I'll go up to the castle and arrange for our things to be sent to Wolfgang's ship. I'll meet you there," she told him softly then started the walk up to the castle with her tail swinging slowly behind her.

Blade watched her leave and looked at the other two then down at the weapons beside the house, "Wulfric and I can take the ammunition to someone to see if he knows anything about it. We can check on Cassius later as well... We're more mobile than everyone thinks we are..." she offered, watching the faces of the other two men as they watched Wulfric move to the weapons to check on them.

She simply gave them both a nod as Wulfric collected plenty of the ammunition, noting both types, then followed him back towards the home of the leathersmith...

That left Varos and Desmond alone to head to the harbor...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:31 am
Red Gypsy

Frost listened to him for a moment the injuries he had sustained were obvious, at least somewhat, they looked partially healed and yet the sweating was a good indication he hadn’t healed fully, nor did he recover from whatever he was suffering from. Frost stood there a moment before he replied “I’m Frost, a member of RRT on survey of the island” he started walking towards him, his features were pronounce as was the RRT insignia on his right sleeve of his swim suit and opened up a sealed kit on his belt that had a few things in it for medical emergencies as well as a transponder which bounced a signal back to his handler when medical assistance was needed, and considering that the humans seldom ever went as deep as he did, it meant that one of the other dogs of war would have to do it. For the moment though, he refrained from using the transponder and simply pulled out a syringe which had a clear liquid in it “seems like you are having an allergic reaction to something nasty, this should help, at least that’s what I’ve been told anyway” he couldn’t say for sure since Jenny was the expert with these kind of things and while she was the one who had outfitted them all with their current medical kits he was always a bit skeptical on whether or not it would actually help or not, but he was willing to put it to the test if it meant he could help Cassius with whatever was going on.  

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:31 am
Wolfe Garm

Cass gave him a half-smile and looked down for a brief moment then looked back up at him, "Thank you, but I don't think it would do much good for this one..." he started and gave a soft sigh as he slid down the rock to sit on the ground properly, one leg propping up his right arm.

The position made it easier on him, even though he had to look at the man. Something made him be completely honest and open about what was going on. Maybe it was the fact that he was probably going to die anyway... Maybe...

"You see... A group of humans wearing that patch attacked my home... They killed my mates and shot me... It was a targeted attack. Deliberate. They meant to kill me. The bullets they used will more than likely kill me. It's not just the allergy to silver and mercury... They were also tainted with toxic waste..." he explained as simply as he could.

He gestured to the syringe with a lazy gesture of his hand and tilted his head slightly, "Whatever is in that... It might treat the metal allergy, but not the toxic waste... Only one group knows about that weakness and they've turned it on me specifically this time..." he gave a heavy sigh and a breathy laugh as he looked up for a moment then closed his lavender eyes, "Gods know I've given them reason for the price on my head, but it was justified at the time..." he tilted his head and looked at the water, a faraway look in his eyes as he watched the last of the ashes drift into the water and disappear from sight.

"I think they're sending in your group to Cleanse the island... I just saw two more of your kind up there... They weren't wearing that patch anymore... If you've all been sent here..." he turned to look at him with a raised eyebrow, "More than likely, your 'pack' have outlived their usefulness and are here to be cleansed as well..." he finished that rather softly then pushed himself to his feet again, one hand on his leaning rock.

"Look... I should probably get back home... I need to oversee the repairs... Make a few other arrangements, I think... If you want to learn more, just follow the cave out then move directly up to the beach above. My home is right there. The cave doesn't go anywhere else, by the way. So you'll eventually have to leave here anyway..." he added then slid the shorts off and dove into the water, shifting to his mere form.

In truth, he was even more beautiful in this form. It was easy to see how well he could enchant sailors like this. And to feel the power of his singing? Well... He'd more than earned the price on his head...

He came up briefly to look at the man once more, then he started swimming out of the cave and back up to the beach. Once there, he slowly pulled himself further up on the sand then waited to shift form.

To be honest, right now, he really didn't much care if one of them found him here and killed him... Or tried to...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:16 pm
Wolfe Garm

Cassius finally got to his feet, staggering as he made his way up the beach to his back door. He deliberately ignored the piles of ash now scattering on the wind as he passed them. Instead, he opened his back door and noted the bullet holes in the walls. Surprisingly, his shop had escaped damage for the most part, though the rest of the place was going to need major repairs. Especially the second floor.

He headed upstairs anyway and showered enough to wash the salt from his skin then slid on a pair of shorts instead of getting further dressed. There was no need for it anyway.

He headed downstairs, keeping a hand on the wall to keep from falling down the steps. As he got downstairs, he looked at the bullet holes and frowned. Despite the healing he'd gotten from Sasha, he could see that the holes were turning black and green around the edges. He could feel the toxic combination moving through him like a burning nightmare.

But there was nothing he could do about it. It would kill him and he knew it.

He made it to his chair and pulled some paper in front of him, needing to make some notes for Rex.

Rex,
Here's what needs done when you find me:
First, burn me and scatter the ashes in the ocean.
Second, change out that damned flannel shirt you wear all the time. It's a nasty eyesore.
Third, sell everything in the shop and put the funds into the village. You know where to apply it. We've talked about it before.
Fourth, find the mermaid statue I carved, you'll know which one. Find it and shatter it. It'll release the protective spells I've hidden in it to protect the island.
Last, Burn the house and shop down then tell Sebastet that I'm sorry I didn't dodge fast enough.
Cassius

He signed it and slid it onto the desk where he usually did his gem carving, placing a black opal on it to keep it from getting blown away. Then he looked around the place he'd called home for so long and gave a soft sigh before heading upstairs.

He moved over to the king-sized bed and laid down so that he could look up at the painting Kota had done of him in the ocean with the sunset coloring the water around him. That's what he wanted to be looking at when he died, he guessed. Well, better a thing of beauty than anything else.

He could feel the toxins spreading further through is body and found it harder to breathe. The bullet holes now had black and green veins spreading out around them, a visible sign of the nasty crap that was killing him. His skin was nearly grey and he knew he was about to go down.

He heard someone downstairs but paid it no mind at this point. He blinked then looked up to find a weapon pointed at his face. He blinked again and turned his lavender eyes to the painting again and ignored everything else. He was about to die anyway, after all...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:50 pm
Wolfe Garm

Hot Champion_of_justice

The three WereBears approached the shop and all narrowed tyeir eyes at what they were seeing. Tiny raised his eyes and sniffed the air then gave off a brief growl before he moved into the building on surprisingly silent feet. It nevr failed to shock them all when he moved like that. So it took them half a second to move in after him.

They barely managed to see the tail end of him moving up the stairs as he moved for the gunman, grabbing the gunhand and turning it towards himself before snapping the idiot's arm. None of them paid any attention to the soon-to-be-dead man's screams before Tiny silenced him by snapping his neck.

Doc instantly moved to check on Cassius and frowned hard, "Dix! Go get my bags and make it fast!" he called out to the third bear as he started with checking Cassius' injuries, "Tiny, take the garbage downstairs then start boiling me some water. I'll need you two to start on the repairs after that while I work on him. See if you can get a message to Rex, ask one of the kids outside, and see if you can find out who healed him before me. I need to know what treatment he's gotten aside from what I'm giving him," he instructed simply as he checked each injury as well as the ptrogression of the toxins.

Tiny simply gave a nod and moved to carry the body downstairs then dropped it out the back door before heading for the front door to flag down one of the village kids and passing on the message as instructed. Only then did he start boiling water in the kitchen.

He was just finishing that up as Dix ran in carrying two bags in one hand and one in the other hand, moving up the stairs at a run and moving to help Doc with what he needed. Tiny carried a large pot of hot water up the stairs and set it beside the bed then collected a spare sheet that he passed over to Doc.

Doc went through both bags and pulled out a syringe then three bottles. He mixed the medications then gestured to Cassius, "Hold him, guys. He's not going to like this," he said firmly and waited until both men had the mermaid firmly then started injecting the medication into each bullet wound. By the time he got to the second one, Cass was thrashing already. By the time he was finished with the bullet wounds, Cass was cursing them in a language none of them knew, "Turn him," Doc ordered then watched as Tiny turned Cassius onto his side with surprising tenderness, but held Cass firmly as Doc finished the injection into his right butt cheek.

Doc nodded to Tiny who arranged Cass gently on the bed properly so that Doc could finish with his wounds.

Tiny and Dix silently went back downstairs and started working on the repairs to the building. When Rex showed up, they simply pointed upstairs then nodded when the lumberjack pointed towards the door where supplies were building up from some of the villagers. The bears didn't speak much as they worked. They didn't need to.

Upstairs, Doc talked to Rex about the healing Cassius had gotten from Sasha and what she'd discovered about his injuries. The toxic waste and mercury he'd been prepared for. Thankfully, Sasha had taken care of the silver and mercury. The toxic waste had been the issue. As well as the bullet holes, of course.

And, Cass being as stubborn as he was, he'd left before he was fully healed. Well, Doc promised Rex he'd make sure that Cass was fully healed and looked after. They'd just need some supplies and a few extra 'babysitters' on hand to keep Cass in bed for a few days. Rex said he'd mention something to Taib about it all. The innkeeper wouldn't mind helping with what was needed. Taib knew who to send over to keep Cass in bed and looked after. Rex would see about the supplies for the kitchen and the rest of the house.

Rex was also going to message Titus about added security for the building. This was the second time they'd come after Cassius, after all...

With that, Rex headed downstairs where Dix handed him the note Cassius had written, apparently in preparation for his death. The note made him smile, actually. Then he looked around the place until he found the statue mentioned in the note.

That one made Dix whistle in appreciation. The carving was of Cassius in his mermaid form and he was beautiful, especially with the water swirling around him. The sapphire was huge as well. Instead of shattering it, Rex decided to leave it and wait for Cass to do it instead.

He simply put the statue back and and gave the bears a wave as he headed out to talk to Taib and Titus.  
Vampire Island: Main Areas

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff