Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Khamaith's Hatching] The Best of Life [Open] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:24 pm
Candidate Omurntas he/him - Western

One of the few remaining eggs gave a lurch. While cracking, the egg didn't give up its contents yet. He leaned forward just slightly. One of the other greens went to reassure her green sister; the blue from the beginning of this whole thing was still doing his own thing although he seemed to be enjoying it all.

Eventually a large blue emerged from the beautiful Sunset egg. Omurn smiled as the blue simply rolled over and went limp. He was knew how to chill and the wave of relaxation from him made the young man think of his tree grove. Nothing beat sitting beneath the trees.

One of the greens nuzzled among the candidates appearing to be reassuring some of them. Eventually she sat down and gave a creel. Clearly calling to someone. Omurntas hoped they be there soon. A blue who'd taken a taste of the sands picked out his too. He hoped the candidate would feed him meat instead of more sand.

Back to back another pair of green and blue quickly picked their riders from the sands. It was going fast now. Things should be quieting down as more dragons left. He glanced towards Butterfly bronze to see if he'd budged.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:27 pm
Tyanan

It was as if, with the Hatching mellowed out by the calmness coming off the little blue, the floodgates were open as Impression after Impression happened. There weren't many dragonets left on the sands, and only a few eggs left unhatched, and Tyanan felt a wave of wistfulness well up in him. Was he going to be left standing alone again? He tried not to think too much about it, choosing instead to focus on supporting Aelyx and welcoming the hatchllings.

But it still stung.a little. "Yeah," he answered. "It's really wonderful." And he meant it.

TheWishling

Trude

Trude marvelled at the sudden rush of Impressions going on, oblivious to whether Odd had answered her question or not. It was amazing and wonderful and each dragonet was more stunning than the last. And here she was, with the chance to Impress one of these gorgeous creatures! She turned her focus back to thinking warm, welcoming, happy thoughts with the hopes of her chance yet to come.

Shaddaling

Ansirien

All alone again on the sands, Ansirien fought to keep his mind free of the worry he had for Zae. Her leg was a mess when the Bionden had helped her to the healers, and he was still upset with himself that it wasn't him who had rushed to her aid. He was momentarily distracted by the rash of Impressions that seemed to happen all at once, but that joy was only temporary. Did he even deserve to be out here, attempting to become a dragonrider?  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Spockat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:35 pm
Loctius - [He/Him] - Western Weyr
Loctius laid a hand on his chin, bursting with delight. Another two had find who was always meant to be theirs. Riding on the waves in relaxation just a bit more, he really soaked in the seen. A sweet, silly blue - a green lovingly pressing against others. Good pairs, strong looking pairs - all of them, and strong matches for the weyr he calls Home. He scanned over to the stands a moment, see his mother in bright spirits and her Shalbyath’s gaze so adoringly on the site of hatching dragons just as he was. He took a few steps back to get a better look at some of dragons still milling about, considering, exploring everything that was so new and bright to them.

“Shalbyath’s so excited to see Khamiath’s kin hatch, look at her.” He murmured to Shoxiel. “ If her eyes could get any more happy I think they’d turn a whole new color.” If his eyes could do the same, maybe his would too.

===

K’ent of green Cyxiiryniadrith
“Some of us can pay attention to two things at once darling,” K’ent swatted right back playfully. Cyxiiryniadrith mentally snorted to all there. She loved K’ent, she did, but oh bless his heart for telling lies. “Spitting image. Everyone ought to start hiding their ladies then, now shouldn’t they.” Concern blinked from between at Sir’s chirp - as thought summoned by a sound of his friend. The brown firelizard stomped all over K’ent’s lap until he found himself a comfortable spot.

”Prism Shine”

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:41 pm
Dystzha - She/Her - Western

There’s a bigger sigh of relief that the green who had taken out her danger feet out on the candidates around her and a few as a doormat suddenly… oh! She had impressed. Good, good. She’s able to relax enough as multiple impressions seemed to happen in a cascade. The blue suddenly charging at Sivu. Dystzha yelped, not having enough time to jump in front of him but having enough reaction time to put herself firmly infront of Surel….

….only to blink lamely as the blue tackled Sivu, and began to… aggressively nuzzle him?

...oh. Oh.
OH!!!

“Congrats Sivu!” She’s beaming at her friend, tossing a mildly awkward smile at Surel for overreacting, dusting her robes off and admiring the blue. Handsome boy that he impressed, at that!

Spockat

SilverLutz

Hattaki

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Spockat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:57 pm
Sivu - Impression to blue Haitanth.
What was all THIS. One minute he’s pouring out his lovely, beautiful heart. Getting misty eyed, happily watching all these darling little creatures find Theirs. He was moved - it was a symphony of wonder of joy - and he was so wrapped within it, ready to fling himself dramatically onto a fainting couch. The next he’s being launched at, he instinctively covered himself. Bracing for ribbons of blood, for gutwounds, the horrible little injuries he has seen and seen today.

There was no claws - no teeth. Save for a particularly hard bump of the head and elbows he seemed perfectly fine. Should he not move? Should he.. What did the candidate master say - play dead? He couldn;t think he only knew love and the push of a soft, head nudging up under his chin. He couldn’t move, wouldn’t move. He wanted to be be ensnared in the moment where he felt his heart open and feel full first the time. It ached, terribly, beautifully to even think there had ever been a moment without Haitanth’s hearts beating alongside his. He was his, his his his, now and always.

If his eyes were barely misty before. Now they were positively saturated, and snot was unattractively leaking from his face. He couldn’t help it! He had words that stalled, and caught in his throat, that he’d choke and laugh at himself for not being able to get it out. Instead he lay there a good moment, and embrace of wings and arms, his face pressed against teardampened hide. Haitanth had their wish he was positively sobbing, and could not seem to stem the overflow of emotion.

When he had finally had control of his unsteady voice he squeaked “Excuse me darling, but some of us have emotions,” He bapped Haitanth nose gently with his finger, both untangling and standing. He found himself uncaring of what others thought of his tender hearted display. “He’s Haitanth. He’s Haitanth -” He repeated to the small gaggle he had been standing with. Like he couldn’t believe it. Sivu was very near trembling from head to toe.

Oh you better believe it baby. Haitanth’s eyes whirred brightly. Because we’re going all the way to the stars together. The hatchling rubbed himself gently against Sivu’s knees - nudging him towards all the delicious food smells coming from the tables. But First a queen’s gotta eat.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:58 pm
Bionden and Green she/her - Western IMPRESSION

At the back of the candidates it was hard to see things, not that she minded. Bionden wouldn't leave someone who still needed her. A feeling of calm did seem to descend upon an area of the hatching sands. With it came a feeling that someone else needed her too. Was waiting just for her.

Bionden, Mine... Your Riojath can't seem to find you. Are you still here? Won't you come to me? I know you are busy tending others, but I need you, too.

"My?" She fumbled a bit. Oh. Oh! Soon enough a healer was attending the young woman. Bionden nodded. "I'm so sorry, you're in good hands, but I must go." A bright smile lit her face. "Someone, no. Riojath needs me too." I'm coming my dear! I'm so sorry I made you wait!

Bionden hurried back towards the main body of candidates and towards one particular green. She waved to her siblings as she pasted. A grin and several tears covering her face. The dark and bright green gave a happy croon as the woman stepped up to claim her.

I'm sorry I had to pull you away from someone, but I needed you too Mine. Bionden gently caressed the headridges. "Think nothing of it. I am here for you, now and always. Shall we go get you something to eat?" The green hummed her approval and the pair made their way off the sands and towards the feeding tables.

Sweet Symmetry

magnadearel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:02 pm

The enormity of it... of everything... suddenly hit Orryxa full force. That there was a dragonet talking in her head, talking to her, meant something important. She'd been around dragons long enough to know what, but she was poleaxed by emotion. Suddenly, every bit of hurt, every bit of heartbreak washed away as though it had never been there in the first place. All at once, she began to cry and laugh at the same time. The sense of relief was so profound it was indescribable. Isteth toddled back to Orryxa, nuzzling into her stomach. Joyous peals of laughter filled the air, as girl and dragonet huddled together on the sand - Isteth informing Orryxa that sand didn't taste as good as one might think - delighted by one another.

It was pure, sheer joy that Orry felt. At long, long last. It had been such a long and hard road, but she was now finally home. With father, brother, dragon, and dearest friend, she would never again be alone. "He says his name is Isteth," she said softly, only dimly aware of Aerden's presence. Right now in this moment, Isteth was her entire world. Ohhhh but R'xa we're going to see the whole world!! Not now, maybe - for Isteth was small and very hungry - but soon! Soon, for R'xa had wings to fly the length and breadth of Pern! Wings to carry her where her family might be, to fulfill Isteth's destiny.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:13 pm
Aerden

Aerden looked mildly alarmed as the girl next to him began to cry--or, was she laughing? Both, he realized. She was doing both. The reason quickly became apparent as the adventurous, cheerful blue approached to affectionately press himself against her. Aerden could only watch, feeling a lump threatening to form in his throat as the pair experienced their first moments together. It was... indescribably beautiful, and he had to roughly clear his throat before he could trust himself to speak.

"He's wonderful." He managed to grin, swiping at his eyes with the back of his hand. "Congratulations, Orry, and to you too, Isteth." Western Weyr had a brilliant new dragonriding pair--along with Rasthell, and all the others that had Impressed so far.

It was a little awe-inspiring.

Mr Cheri

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:18 pm
Etansi

With her focus entirely on the baby dragons that still remained, her eyes were able to catch the excited baby blue that tackled Sivu. A wry grin crossed her face in a flash and disappeared again.

Always those blues.

Slowly she edged away from the happiness, from the others, from emotions and feelings as her own were sinking a little. Just the memories of it all and the nightmares that brought back. It didn't matter how much she'd grown or what she'd done, she was always the same little girl that had run crying away from a gold dragon because her brother impressed a blue. That was how Western would remember her and she didn't want them to assume she would again from a friend.

It made her happy at least, all her friends seemed to get blues. Maybe she was a blue magnet for others?

A gravely laugh escaped her and she slid a little further away from Dystzha and Surel.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:35 pm
User Image

Somewhere out there there was a man in desperate need of him. Not that that was anything out of the ordinary for Purple Galaxy blue! Aerden, darling... baby. Are you crying over me, or has some cad broken your heart? Don't worry, I can put it back together again. Before he'd been so rudely interrupted by Purple Glitter abandoning their blue-off, Purple Galaxy had been ruminating on how positively wonderful having good attention was. But the best attention of all yet awaited him.

From his place on the sand, he watched Aerden with eyes that whirled rainbow. Your Tianxiath is the best, better than all the rest. You can't possibly have someone else in mind, sweetness? Surely not. For this blue and this blue alone belonged to Aerden, and he to him. You'll make me jealous, and we wouldn't want that. If his tummy growled, well, that couldn't be helped. He was positively starving, after all.

Tsunake

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:41 pm
Niviora - She/Her - Western

There’s an exhale as the feisty green’s eyes turned to rainbows, and perhaps the danger had passed. “Mm, lucky. At least she found Hers.” Always the danger of standing as a candidate, if all those who had suffered at her claws had learned. She’s shifting her weight once more, perhaps just a touch closer to Vimeran. Though the immediate danger had passed, perhaps it didn’t hurt to have an.. ally close at hand.

There’s one of the eggs in the clutch that she had spent all her time with at the touching, the golden curls on the good-sized shell, and shifted even closer to Vimeran. “Not much longer, I don’t think.” Only a few unhatched eggs to go, and a handful of babies on the sands. Darling little ones, perhaps due to the nature of the parental trio. Khamaith had been a sweetheart at her hatching, she recalls, and Baihath had been full of energy.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:50 pm
Kadosse

There went the handsome blues who had been competing with one another had finally broken off their flex-fest to instead pick out two of the boys as their one-and-onlys!

Which was sweet! Though she wasn't familiar with any of them, unfortunately. Maybe she'd be able to ask some of these cute boys to, well, introduce her to their fine dragons later!  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:57 pm

The Black and Rainbow Swirl egg that had been absolutely still up until now began, ever so slightly, to rock. I say, out there, you do like to carry on. What a commotion.

And the baby inside hadn't even been part of a bit of it! Just as well, for it did not at all like the idea. Such base behavior was beneath it, to be sure. Excuse me, if someone would be so kind, I would like a closer look. Although it rocked, no cracks appeared upon its immense shell.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:58 pm
Eliaza

And now a cluster of Impressions, one after the other? Her gaze hadn't stopped shifting from place to place since she'd stepped onto the sands, and Eliaza still felt somehow that she'd missed so much. She'd clasped her own hands together, fingers against her chin as she watched surprise and joy sweep over the other candidates who found their matches. She found herself almost holding her breath when a new dragon wandered up to a new white robe, until they either moved on or tottled off together. Her heart was full. An excellent choice to come all this way, for certain.  

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:00 pm
Shoxiel - He/His - Western

O-oh. The baby had… needed help…? Or to be admired. Cautiously, Shoxiel stepped away from his brother, approaching Black and Rainbow Swirl egg while throwing a cautious glance every now and again to the clutch parents. “Hi little one.” He’d remembered this egg well.

Mr Cheri

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games