Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adults Gaia Anonymous

Back to Guilds

A guild for adult gaians 20 or older. 

Tags: Adult, Mature, friendly, 20 and older, older 

Reply Adults Gaia Anonymous
A.G.A. Chatter Box Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 1775 1776 1777 1778 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gemstone

7,250 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:39 am
craftymama
All I can say is that it is interesting that you have to have a licence to drive, at least a high school degree or GED to work, meet certain guidelines for government assistance or to be concidered handicapped, etc... but yet nothing "official" is required to be a parent? Hmm... let me contemplate the logic on that one.

I've thought that numerous times myself, and wholeheartedly laughed at a bumper sticker I saw once that read "Stupid people shouldn't breed". The people who lived upstairs from us before we moved had a child who wasn't even old enough for preschool and the smell of their marajuhana (sp?) wafted down from their balcony through our open windows while he was awake and home and exposed to it. We were also home only half the time but plenty of times heard the woman screaming, swearing, and slamming doors at someone, the kid running around and jumping not only on the bed but off furniture, landing with a bang on the floor. The whole situation was disturbing and had we thought it would do any good we would have called child services. sad Problem is for the same reason kids don't come with instructions, one can never be completely prepared for all the aspects of parenting beforehand.

And yeah, but we're not married just yet, and my fiance isn't done with his schooling yet either. He's set up to start his Plumbing Apprenticeship after completing school, and we're thinking we'll look at having kids when that happens. I had originally wanted to own a house first but it's going to take years with how much the housing market costs here. Everyone I know who is my age still lives with their parents -actually one of my friends did just move out, but only just a few months ago, and she still goes to her parents house to do laundry- I'm 23 and my fiance is 24, we've been together for 4 years, it's just frustrating to look at people I know and see that they don't seem to afford a home or start having kids until they're 30+, and I don't want to wait 7 years. sweatdrop My only comfort on that thought is they're also the people who spent their early 20's partying and wasting their money on copious amounts of alcohol, so since neither my fiance nor I are doing that stuff we will likely get to the good part of life sooner.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:14 am
It's starting to be quite common here in Finland that people get their kids when they are around 30. I think the average first birthing age is at the moment 28. Kids cost alot and many women first want to build up their carreer before having the kids. It's still quite difficult here to have succesfull carreer and have kids at he same time. Women at their mid 20's also face broblems when applying to jobs because some times employees rather take a less suitable man for the job than more suitable woman at the "ripe age" since they don't have to pay the man for maternity leave payments. *shrugs*

I'm 22 and I'm just getting out of school and starting my life. I really wouldn't want kids yet, because I don't feel I'm ready yet. I'm just starting to see the kids as cute but I think there is still long way 'till I get the point where I want to have one. It's their little sticky hands that gives me the shivers, but I'm getting there I guess. xd  

Lilygwen
Crew

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100

craftymama

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:32 am
Gemstone you sound like you will make a wonderful mother! 4laugh I am so glad that you and your guy have some sort of plan. I wish I had thought ahead at all. Oh well. sweatdrop

Here in the US we seem to be going through a faze where teenage pregnancy is getting to be the norm again. It seems to go back and forth between teens and 30 + every ten years or so. There are pluses and minuses to both having kids at an early age or waiting till you are older. My husband's parents are nearly 20 years older than mine so I've seen examples of both.

Oh and I am with you though Lilygwen, sticky hands are no fun. I am glad you realize you aren't ready yet though. That shows real maturity. 3nodding

It is foggy outside. I can't even see across the street. It is another grey day, perfect for sleeping. To bad I can't go back to bed, lol. Oh well. *yawn* Good morning guild.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:23 am
Rajeshri Anjal
omg a broken boob, I imagine heaps of people would be wanting to sign that cast whee

Hey Princess Leia had a boob cast...sorta...worked for her! pirate  

Pinque Von Fluffendorken

Sweetheart

18,425 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400

FieryLavaElf

Cluttered Gaian

19,600 Points
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:35 am
Gemstone
JoeEuphonium
hehehe they even have that song that Timmy sings in south park... you know TIMMY!!! lol

Timmy and The Lords of the Underworld?? eek Seriously??

sweatdrop never heard of them... matter of fact... I haven't watch South Park episodes since moving to a new house 2 years ago. Why? Because I don't have a television. lol The only Timmy I know would be the Timmy from Disney's Dinosaurs (the series done by Brian Henson). We need another Timmy! rofl I missed Kenny (South Park). It's amazing he came back from the land of the living impaired just in time for another episode! rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:35 am
FieryLavaElf
Gemstone
JoeEuphonium
hehehe they even have that song that Timmy sings in south park... you know TIMMY!!! lol

Timmy and The Lords of the Underworld?? eek Seriously??

sweatdrop never heard of them... matter of fact... I haven't watch South Park episodes since moving to a new house 2 years ago. Why? Because I don't have a television. lol The only Timmy I know would be the Timmy from Disney's Dinosaurs (the series done by Brian Henson). We need another Timmy! rofl I missed Kenny (South Park). It's amazing he came back from the land of the living impaired just in time for another episode! rofl

I don't know either of those Timmy's...I only know Timmy from Fairly Odd Parents, my lil brother loves that show and Spongebob.  

Tha Chica Lana

Interesting Gaian

4,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sagitarian_Insomniac

Fashionable Hunter

1,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:26 am
God, I hate peole like that gemstone.
Your right, stupid people shouldn't be allowed to breed. If I was president, I would put birth control in the water for every high school. For every teenager who can't afford the six kids she has, and then they have six kids, and their six kids have six kids, there's one good person out there with money and a good, sober heart and can't have one. It's so wrong. Eventually human beings will take over the world and not one inch of this earth won't be covered in a house to support the thousands of kids from those original six. burning_eyes That's why I preach zero population all the time.

What's the point in having all these kids and grand kids when there won't be a world left for them? How about have one and make the world good for that one? Isn't that good enough? Were human beings, not puppies, we don't need to have litters....... stare sweatdrop

(Not referring to Chica Lana's mom)  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:22 pm
i am so bored tonight...ack.  

I Love 2 Cheat

Tha Chica Lana

Interesting Gaian

4,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:32 pm
mrgreen Its ok Sagi I know you weren't referring to my mother. I know what you mean about ppl who shouldn't have kids, we were in the clinic for my niece to get her shots and this girl I say girl cuz thats how she acted even though she might be around 24 years, well she had 3 kids and her boyfriend and I'm assuming that he's the father of the kids, one of the kids were playing around and he just grabbed the little boy and told him "I thought I told you not to the that F&*^!" I was so shocked, she didn't even say anything to him, I don't like to judge ppl but that was not the right kind of language to talk to little kids.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:34 pm
Poor Kristine confused . I'm sick as a dog... dramallama so I can't go out either and all I want to do is go out. I want to use all my gift cards! Including the theatre gift cards and I want to be able to drink for new years cause I just turned 21, but not if I'm sick! Ack, why do we have to get colds and flus? Why can't things be easy and simple? question sweatdrop

I could walk around in a bubble, then I couldn't catch anything! idea rofl  

Sagitarian_Insomniac

Fashionable Hunter

1,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

kool ken

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:44 pm
I hope you get better soon! heart  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:52 pm
I hope you feel better soon too Sagi! I wish things could be easy and simple too but then we'd all complain about getting bored to easily probably, lol.  

craftymama

I Love 2 Cheat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:30 pm
awwww...i hope you feel better for new years... i remember my first new years as 21...woo hoo  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:36 pm
Greetings and salutations. It is 12:30 am. I'm tired, but I don't want to go to bed. I just got 2 more days til I'm off for 2 days.... Yay!!

It sucks I'm working New Years eve to 9:30 pm. Anyone else working?  

LillianFair18

kool ken

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:05 pm
I'm working all weekend and New Year's eve til 6:15pm.
That's not bad.  
Adults Gaia Anonymous

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 1775 1776 1777 1778 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games